Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chronology of Her Books (originally posted by Meegs82, 30/01/2008)

Go down

Chronology of Her Books (originally posted by Meegs82, 30/01/2008) Empty Chronology of Her Books (originally posted by Meegs82, 30/01/2008)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:52 am

Can somebody post the order of Kathy's books on here? I want to order them online, but I also want to read them chronologically. If you have any info about it, that would be great! Thanks!

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Chronology of Her Books (originally posted by Meegs82, 30/01/2008) Empty Various replies

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:05 am

space, 30/01/2008:
Deja Dead
Death DuJour
Deadly Decisions
Fatal Voyage
Grave Secrets
Bare Bones
Monday Mourning
Cross Bones
Break No Bones
Bones to Ashes

I ebay'ed and got most of mine in sets for pretty cheap... I actually found someone who lived near me who was selling a couple and went and picked them up... saved on shipping!
They're used, but look like they've only been read once...
Enjoy!!

Meegs82, 30/01/2008:
Thanks so much, Space! You are my hero of the week! LOL

ToZiKa, 01/02/2008:
you can find all infos you want here:
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Meegs82, 01/02/2008:
Thanks to you, too, ToZika!

Meegs82, 05/02/2008:
Just started reading Deja Dead last night! It's great so far!

karlia, 05/02/2008:
Just went to library yesterday and I couldn't leave without borrowing Deja Dead,Bare Bones and Grave Secrets....I am supposed to be reading Hemingway but maybe a "little" Tempe dose before I do that

Meegs82, 05/02/2008:
I'm on page 90something and lovin' it! Although I must say that I cringe a little more when I READ the descrïptions of the victims than when I SEE them on TV. It all just seems more...real in the book. VERY descrïptive. Kudos to Kathy for that! No wonder she's a bestselling author!

And karlia, on a personal note, LOVE YOUR SIG AND AVIE!!!!!

karlia, 05/02/2008:
thanks Meegs...I am big fan of theirs

Meegs82, 06/02/2008:
Me too! If you hadn't already guessed. Saw them in concert in November '06...BEST...CONCERT...EVER!!! I had seen them back in '99, but I hadn't started listening to them yet. Seeing them perform made me buy their CD.

P.S. After seeing your sig last night, I had "Not Ready To Make Nice" in my head all night! And no, I am NOT complaining!

Meegs82, 06/02/2008:
Oh, and back to the real topic: I am on page 175 of "Deja Dead" and loving it!

space, 07/02/2008:
Glad you're liking it Meegs!!! It's definitely not the Tempe of the TV show is it?? I can't even picture Emily Deschanel in my head when I'm reading the books... the character I picture looks more like Kathy...

Meegs82, 07/02/2008:
You know, I didn't picture Emily at first, but now I definitely am. Just slightly older. At first, it was a mix of Kathy and someone else, but now, it's all Emily for me. Interesting how we all picture different things. While book Tempe is different, I can still TOTALLY see TV show Tempe thinking in the way book Tempe does and I get some of her actions because of TV Tempe.

Question: is Detective Ryan supposed to sorta be our "Booth?" I realize there is no direct Booth, but just curious about him since he seems to be the most Booth-like character.

space, 07/02/2008:
yeah, pretty much I guess you could say Ryan = Booth, but pretty much just from the standpoint of her partner (in work and in chemistry, if you know what I mean!!)... and I can't picture him as David either...
After I had read most of her books, I saw an interview with her and she basically said that the TV show is like a young Tempe and the books are set later in life... but I had pictured the Tempe in the books differently for so long, it was too late for me to reconcile the two!!
I just still feel like they are too different... from personality to beliefs to background... just not at all the same person!
Glad you are enjoying them... I intend to read them again!!!

ToZiKa, 08/02/2008:
I read all books at least 3 or 4 times and I still read the older ones from time to time....or only special parts of the books.

Booth seems to be the tv-version of Ryan.
Allthough they seem to look very different....Ryan has blue eyes and blond hair....but I think in the first book he is described with grey hair and like he would be a lot older....maybe it is just in the german translation....can someone remember the scene?
It is the very first time that Ryan is mentioned.

space, 08/02/2008:
"...tall, lanky man with hollow cheeks and hair the color of hand-rubbed pewter..."
that's the descrïption from Deja Dead... not all that great... I know there are better ones in some of the other books...
and exactly what color is "hand-rubbed pewter"??? grey, I guess???

karlia, 08/02/2008:
Quote :Meegs82 wrote : Me too! If you hadn't already guessed. Saw them in concert in November '06...BEST...CONCERT...EVER!!! I had seen them back in '99, but I hadn't started listening to them yet. Seeing them perform made me buy their CD.

P.S. After seeing your sig last night, I had "Not Ready To Make Nice" in my head all night! And no, I am NOT complaining!

Wow! I am still DCX-concert virging.Mostly because I live in Estonia. But indeed I have their concert in ym to do list during next few years

Finished reading Hemingway(The sun also rises) yesterday and did the test today so I had whole afternoon for Bare Bones...now I'm so tired like Tempe after investigating a whole skeleton and heading off to bed..
Enjoy your books!

ToZiKa, 09/02/2008:
Thanks space!
I think Ryan changed to a much more handsome man after Kathy Reichs decided to let them have chemistry.....at first he was only a normal detective and he could look totally normal but then she needed a very good-looking guy for her Tempe....

space, 09/02/2008:
You intrigued me Toz, so I had to do some more research...
In Death DuJour the only descrïptions were blue eyes and long legs...
In Deadly Decisions, however, we get "six foot two, with his blue eyes and angular features, he looked like a cross between Cal Ripkin and Indiana Jones."
So Cal Ripkin is:
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

and Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford):
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

So, yeah, I think a combo of those two could be a pretty damn good looking man... grey hair or not!!! Remember, this is an older Tempe... can't remember for sure, but 40s???

ToZiKa, 09/02/2008:
I think she is in her early forties now....and not getting any older....I never really thought about it before but I think she is not really getting older although the time between the books is always mentioned somewhere.

Oh and I always thought that Ryan must have the eyes of Cal Ripkin....very blue...

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Chronology of Her Books (originally posted by Meegs82, 30/01/2008) Empty Various replies (page 2)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:18 am

Meegs82, 09/02/2008:
Page 458!!! I read 'til 2am Saturday morning 'cuz I didn't want to put the damn thing down! Awww...poor Gabby! But I must say, I saw that one coming. Tempe has just figured out the glove thing and I am off to read more!

Meegs82, 09/02/2008:
DONE!!! Holy freaking cow, that was good! No, no...it was GREAT! My heart was in my throat when the bastard had his chains around Tempe! Good God, Kathy sure can write! Now, I'm all calm again and ready to read the 2nd book. SO buying it in the next few days.

ToZiKa, 10/02/2008:
They are all this good.
I read each of the books in 1 or 2 days....my mom always says I'm a little weird....but I can't help it that I can't stop to read once I've started....

space, 10/02/2008:
Oh that's me too Toz... I think the longest it took me was a week with Bones to Ashes, but that was cause I had a new baby in the house and my hands full! But most of them I was done in 2-4 days! And yes, Meegs, they are all that good!! Glad you enjoyed!

karlia, 10/02/2008:
gotta love Birdie!

Meegs82, 10/02/2008:
Birdie's adorable. And how cute is his name? A CAT named Birdie? Perfect! I really wish Brennan would get a pet of some kind on the show. Now, she doesn't have the time to take care of a pig, but I think it would be adorable if Booth gave her something. I don't know, a fish or a lizard or something fairly low maintenance. Maybe a cat.

Meegs82, 10/02/2008:
Oh, and I just found her entire collection on eBay. Good suggestion, space! All 10 for $41 including shipping! Can't wait! Now I'll have 2 copies of Deja Dead.

ToZiKa, 11/02/2008:
I haven't read Bones to Ashes yet.
I always read them in german, because my mom wants to read them too and she already has to read the Slaughter books in english....
And I don't want to pay 23 euro (25 or 26 dollar, I think) for a book so I have to wait for the paperback....

karlia, 11/02/2008:
I love how emotional Bird is and how KR describes the cat...I also love Hooch ,so totally funny dog

Meegs82, 19/02/2008:
GRRR!!! Still waiting on my eBay shipment of ALL her books! It's been 9 days...9 DAYS, I tell you! I'm going nuts here! I started reading Max Allan Collins' book based on our beloved show, but to tell you the truth...I don't really like it. I WANT MY KATHY!!! Okay, just had to vent.

space, 19/02/2008:
I've not read the Collins book meegs... wasn't sure i wanted to... i remember back when X-Files was on, they came out with books based on the show, i tried to read one and it just wasn't very good... so, the same here???

Meegs82, 19/02/2008:
Yeah, I'm not done with it yet and all that really happens is Bones explaining to Booth about injuries in the bones...seriously, she goes on for like a page about bone irregularities, blah blah blah. And it's annoying 'cuz it was written after the show first started, so there isn't much chemistry going on. It's just, well...boring. The only reason I still read it is that it gives me something to do while I'm on the bike at the gym!

karlia, 19/02/2008:
I have the Collins book...it's very good!

Meegs82, 20/02/2008:
Maybe it's just me then. I'm just not finding it very interesting and I'm over halfway through it!

ToZiKa, 21/02/2008:
I have the Collins book too.
It is not really bad but in comparison to the show or Kathy's books....I don't know I think I wouldn't read another one...

Meegs82, 22/02/2008:
FINALLY!!! I got the entire collection of Kathy's books today! Took 10 days to get here. Geesh! Anywho, I plan on starting on the next one tonight! YAY!!!

Meegs82, 13/03/2008:
I am on page 190something of "Death Du Jour." I am liking it, but I must say, the whole baby thing creeped me out majorly. And I am worried about her sister. Gotta keep reading!

space, 14/03/2008:
Yeah, I remember feeling the same way with that one Meegs... I guess that's the intention, huh?!?
I remember that one moving pretty slowly for me until close to the end.... actually a lot of her books are like that... I take my time reading through the first 2/3 of the book and then the last 1/3 I can't put it down... you would have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers!! And that's not a bad thing... I guess it's just the nature of a mystery novel!
Patricia Cornwell is the same way for me... but since I've read all of Kathy's I've moved on!

karlia, 15/03/2008:
I agree I've read almost all Patricia Cornwell's novels but they aren't as good as Kathy's ...sometimes they're creepier

Meegs82, 26/03/2008:
Onto "Deadly Decisions"!!!

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Chronology of Her Books (originally posted by Meegs82, 30/01/2008) Empty Various replies (page 3)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:20 am

space, 26/03/2008:
Woohoo!! Go Meegs!

Meegs82, 26/03/2008:
Damn, space, your avie and sig are hypnotizing me!

Meegs82, 28/03/2008:
Just started and am hooked already! God, I love this woman's books!

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Chronology of Her Books (originally posted by Meegs82, 30/01/2008) Empty Re: Chronology of Her Books (originally posted by Meegs82, 30/01/2008)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down