Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"My Bugaboo" by sweetie_dude RATED K+ (read if you love me)

4 posters

Go down

"My Bugaboo" by sweetie_dude RATED K+ (read if you love me) Empty "My Bugaboo" by sweetie_dude RATED K+ (read if you love me)

Post by sweetie_dude Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:20 am

Title: My Bugaboo

Rating: T

Summary: Temperance gets an unexpected package delivered to her. What's inside the package? What does the object inside represent? How will Temperance react? How will Booth play a role? Find out in the redited version of, "A Trust Worth Rebuilding" aka "My Bugaboo".

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

A/N: Someones username gave me an idea for a story. If you don't know who you are then.. LOL. Hope this is okay...don't hate me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temperance Brennan was sitting in her office typing away on her computer when someone knocked on her door, she looked up and saw that it was her friend Angela and that she was holding what looked to be some sort of package. Brennan motioned her inside then moved to the couch so she and Angela could sit down.

“This came for you, I thought I’d bring it up to you,” said Angela as she sat down on the couch.

“What is it?” asked Brennan, as she sat down beside her best friend.

“I don’t know. I haven’t opened it Sweetie. Why don’t you open it up for yourself and see?” replied Angela.

“Okay,” answered Brennan. She wasn't really sure if she wanted to open it or not. But she took the package from her friend and sure enough it was addressed her. She opened the box and gasped. She saw that it was one of her old stuffed animals. She hadn’t seen her ‘bugaboo’ since she was a little girl.

Angela looked at the stuffed animal in her friends hands and asked, “What is that?”

“It’s my ‘bugaboo’ my mom got it for me when I was a baby,” She couldn’t believe that someone had sent her, her little teddy bear. She thought it had been lost forever.

“Sweetie there’s a note inside the box at the bottom there,” stated Angela as she pointed at the note.

Brennan took the letter out of the box and opened it,

My dearest Temperance,

I don’t even know where to begin but here it goes. As you already know your father and I have left. I don’t know when and if we will be back but I'm writing you this letter just to remind of how much I love you and how I hope you never forget, no matter what. You are my pride and Joy baby girl always and forever. I've been thinking about you and your brother Russ each and every single day. I even had a piece of you with me the entire time. You probably thought that you'd lost it after all those years. But the truth is I took him with me as a reminder of what I'd left behind. I thought that now would be a good a time as any to return him to you. He is your 'bugaboo' after all. Keep him safe and I hope to see you soon sweetheart.

I love you with all my heart

Goodbye baby girl.

Love always,

Mom.

Temperance was trying so hard to hold in the tears.

“Sweetie what did the note say?” asked Angela. She could see that whatever the note was had upset her friend since she was now crying and her friend rarely ever cried.

Brennan just looked up at her friend and chocked out incoherent words and ran out of her office. Her ‘bugaboo’ held securely in her arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Booth had a case and he was on his way to the Jeffersonian to notify his partner. He made it there in records time. But just as he was about to step foot onto the platform said partner came barrelling down, crashing right into Booth and knocking them both off of their feet. So there they lay on the floor of the Jeffersonian on top of one another. Booth was the first one to react, “Bones you’re crushing my chest,” he said in a small voice. It was strained due to the extra weight that was across his torso.

“I’m…so sorry…Booth…I didn't see…you…there,” cried Bones. Her eyes filled with un-etched tears.

She moved to get off of Booth, but he sensed that something was wrong with her and held her down against him and hugged her, not just one of those guy hugs either. It was a full out hug that best friends or lovers would give to one another.

Bones just looked down at her partner and tried to escape from his tight grasp. But Booth just held on tighter. Brennan wanted to get out of there and Booth was preventing this from happening. She really didn’t want to be touched or hugged. Even though being buried in his strong arms felt safe and almost right, she knew that if she stayed in them too long she would have to tell him what was going on and she didn’t like that at all.

Booth knew that something was obviously upsetting his partner which gave him all the more reason to hold onto her tighter.

“Bones, it’s okay. Whatever you’re upset about, we can work it out. I promise. You just have to tell me what’s wrong. Can you do that for me?” asked Booth. He knew that the odds of his partner just opening up and telling him what was wrong were very unlikely. But it was worth a shot. Bones liked to keep everything in and only on very rare occasions did she let her emotions show. This was one of those few times.

His partner rarely cried and when she did it meant that something was really bothering her or someone had hurt her and he was the kind of partner who didn’t like his Bones hurt or upset. So being concerned about her was the most natural thing.

Brennan continued to escape from his embrace but she couldn't do it. He was too strong. Temperance Brennan felt defeated, unloved and most of all betrayed. She looked down at her partner and said, “I want my mom back.”

Booth was shocked to say the least but tried very hard to not let it show. He had plenty of questions for her but those would all have to wait. He just looked up at his partner and pulled her back into another hug then stealthily he got up still with Brennan safe in his arms.

He held her like he would a child, like Parker and moved to walk her back to her office, but Bones lifted her head from his shoulder and tried but struggled to get out of his grasp, kicking and panicking but Booth just held on tighter.

Booth was shocked to say the least but tried very hard to not let it show. He had plenty of questions for her but those would all have to wait. He just looked up at his partner and pulled her back into another hug then stealthily he got up still with Brennan safe in his arms.

He held her like he would a child, like Parker and moved to walk her back to her office, but Bones lifted her head from his shoulder and tried but struggled to get out of his grasp, kicking and panicking but Booth just held on tighter.

He was not going to let her runaway. She needed to face whatever was hurting her, head on or else she would build up all of her walls like she had done so many times before and Booth would have to rebuild the trust that he had gained from her.

He would do it in a heartbeat though if he had to because he cared so much for his partner but he wanted to do everything in his power to prevent that from happening. So he just held her tighter and let her kick and punch him. Her arms flailed every which way. She wanted to get away forget everything. She was trying her hardest to get out of his arms but he wasn’t making it any easier for her.

He worked way too hard to just let her slip away. He wasn’t’t going to be another one of her victims. The people she just left high and dry when something was too emotional for her to control. No he was going to be different he was going to hang on with everything that he had.

She always ran away from things that scared her or that she was unfamiliar with and Booth wasn’t going to let that happen anymore. He started walking back toward the platform, he needed to talk to her and she always found comfort in her office, but once again she tried to wiggle her way out of his arms.

Deciding that it would be best to take her home, he made his way out of the Jeffersonian ever mindful of all the prying eyes, Cam, Angela and Hodgins being six of those eyes. He’d have to deal with them later though. Right now his main concern was his partner. The two of them made it to his SUV without anymore major mishaps.

Booth held Bones securely between himself and the SUV and stealthily opened the vehicle door. He shifted slightly to get her into the vehicle. Then he put the safety lock on so she couldn’t escape while he was getting in on his side, started the vehicle up and drove off in the direction of Bones' apartment.

Bones sat in the passenger seat huffing and puffing. She knew Booth was just trying to do the right thing but she could take care of herself. She looked out the window and realized that they were headed to her apartment, turning in her seat she addressed her partner, "Booth if you insist on taking care of me then I would advise you not to take me home right now."

"Why not Bones? You look pretty upset right now," stated Booth as he continued driving toward said apartment.

Bones continued to look out the window and mumbled, "Iwannagotomomgrave."

"What was that Bones? I didn’t hear you," questioned Booth as he stole a careful glance at his partner. She was still staring out the window and it was only then that he noticed she was clutching a worn out teddy bear.

Bones turned once again and looked at her partner and answered, "I want to go visit my mother."

Booth didn’t know what to say. He knew that she'd gone to see her mother once before, he was there with her after all. But she wanted to go again. He was more than a little surprised. But without saying anything he nodded and made an illegal u-turn and they made their way to the cemetery.

After a few moments of silence it seemed that Bones had calmed down some and asked her another question, "So who's that little fella you're holding their Bones. He's kinda cute, in a teddy bear kind of way." He had that Booth smile plastered on his face hoping some of it would rub off and his partner and sure enough it did. She had a little tiny smile on her face at the mention of her teddy bear. She looked up at Booth and said, "This is my Bugaboo."

Booth continued driving and said, "That's a really cute name. I like it."

They made it to the cemetery and Booth got out of the van and started walking towards Christine's headstone only to realize that Bones wasn’t following him.

He turned around and saw that she was still in the SUV with an annoyed look on her face. Booth then realized that he'd forgotten about putting the safety lock on and quickly ran back to his vehicle and unlocked her door for her.

"Sorry about that Bones. Forgot that I'd locked it," said Booth.

Bones just got out as quickly as possible and stalked off towards her mother’s grave. Bugaboo held securely in her left arm. Booth ran once again only this time to catch up with his speedy partner.

They made it to Christine's grave in record time and unlike the time before Bones started talking to the headstone immediately. She told her mother how much she loved her, and how much she missed her and how she wished that she could still be here with her today.

Booth stood back a little and let his partner have some privacy while she shared a special moment with her mother. Booth knew that this was a real turning point for his partner and that things would only get better from here. And from what he could see and tell it all had to do with her 'bugaboo'.

It was like that one little teddy bear took all her problems away. One small little stuffed animal with chocolate brown eyes was all it took for her to rebuild that once forgotten trust she had in the world.

They were going to be okay.

The End.

Last edited by sweetie_dude on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

"My Bugaboo" by sweetie_dude RATED K+ (read if you love me) Empty Re: "My Bugaboo" by sweetie_dude RATED K+ (read if you love me)

Post by bcriet Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:46 am

LOVE IT!!!!! You are an awesome writer.
I love this part:
He turned around and saw that she was still in the SUV with an annoyed look on her face. Booth then realized that he'd forgotten about putting the safety lock on and quickly ran back to his vehicle and unlocked her door for her.
"Sorry about that Bones. Forgot that I'd locked it," said Booth.

LOL so funny. Laughing
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

"My Bugaboo" by sweetie_dude RATED K+ (read if you love me) Empty Re: "My Bugaboo" by sweetie_dude RATED K+ (read if you love me)

Post by sweetie_dude Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:50 am

lol thanks
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:11 pm

willgirl told me to post my picture to help me so this is a test. Thanks.
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:14 pm

its a little unproper lol you need to crop the picture
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:19 pm

Welcome to the ABY, bcriet!

sweetie, I'll have to read this this weekend when I have enough time! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:20 pm

ok mama..if you must
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:22 pm

bcriet wrote:willgirl told me to post my picture to help me so this is a test. Thanks.

use that link...[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:00 pm

It took like 4 hours for me to get this picture up lol
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:00 pm

lol its okay you're learning Very Happy
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Hooray! And don't worry, it's tricky at first!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:03 pm

yeah what willgirl says Smile practice makes perfect Very Happy:D!! look how awesome you are at texting for instance (all me LOL)
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:07 pm

You guys are great thank you so much *LOVES*
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:13 pm

no problemo...now lets stop filling my story with our convo lol.
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:48 pm

I read it on livejournal and I really loved it, Nicole! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:17 pm

awee thanks mama.
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down