Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor

+16
SnoopGirl
bcriet
sweetie_dude
alexaaaaa
kiisuke10
jagglebells
Sarah9488
Teardropsonmyguitar
Shakari
CheeseBK
Zeddie
newhaven5
ToZiKa
ForensicMama
fairytales_end
flyersfan35
20 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor - Page 7 Empty Re: Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor

Post by missdebra87 Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:23 pm

I loved Bren & Angela's talk... Glad she finally wised up about moving in... I love babies. So great.
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16433
Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor - Page 7 Empty Re: Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Chapter 37

1 month later

Brennan heard the footsteps stop at her office door. "Give me a minute, Booth. I just have to finish..." Her voice trailed off as she looked up, to see Sully standing in her doorway.

"Hey Tempe."

"Sully! I...It's good to see you." She was shocked to see him there.

"You too, Tempe."

"You're back early. I didn't expect you until..."

"I know I said I'd be back after the baby was born, but...well, I wanted to see you." He paused and watched her face, hoping she wouldn't want him to leave. "If this isn't a good time..."

"No, it's fine." Brennan stood up and walked over to him.

Sully watched her, and a wave of sadness washed over him. Her stomach rounded with his child, she looked even more beautiful than he remembered. Her face was slightly flushed, and her eyes were sparkling. She looked...happy. And that made him both happy and sad at the same time.

She gave him a quick hug, then stepped back.

Booth watched them through the window of her office. He tried to fight the jealousy that washed over him, but it was hard. He knew where he stood with her, but it still hurt to see her with him. Sully had a connection with her, one that could never be broken, one that Booth didn't have.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't hear Angela walk up and stand beside him. "I know what you're thinking, and it doesn't matter."

Though she had startled him, his gaze never wavered from the two people before him.

"You're thinking that because they share this bond, that it will always be there, between you. It won't."

Booth finally looked at her. It was uncanny how much she knew about people. "Of course it will. The baby binds them together, in a way I..."

"She loves you." Angela's voice was firm. "Sully will always be in her life because of the baby, but that will never come between you."

"How do you know?"

"Because, I've said it since the first time I met you. You two belong together." He started to interrupt,and she held up her hand. "Brennan would never believe this, she would laugh at the very idea, but you two...you are soul mates. You compliment each other. Sully was fun, and she cared for him, but it could never be anything more, because she needs you. She needs you to balance her, to force her to live, to enjoy life. You're the only one who can give that to her, and that's what you two have, that Sully never will."

Booth smiled at her. "Are you sure you weren't a shrink in a past life? Or at the very least, Dr. Phil?"

"I have many talents, my friend. Reading people is just one of them."

Brennan looked up as she saw Booth walk in the door. "Booth!" She searched his face, trying to read his expression, but, for once, she couldn't tell what was behind his beautiful brown eyes.

Sully turned, watching her walk toward Booth, and the familiar jealousy reared its ugly head. Let it go, Sully, he thought. She loved Booth, and there was nothing he could do about it now. He just had to deal with it, and get over it. Nothing mattered more than the baby. He nodded. "Booth."

Booth actually smiled at him. He could afford to be civil, since he was holding Brennan in his arms. "Sully. It's...uh, good to see you."

"Yeah. Well, I have to go. I just wanted to let you know that I'm back in town. I'll, uh, talk to you soon." With a lingering glance at Brennan, he left the office.

She turned to Booth, who was still watching Sully. "Booth?"

"Hmmm?" He looked down at her.

She reached up and kissed him, a slow, lingering kiss, and he forgot his jealousy as his arms wrapped around her, pulling her close.

BBBBBBBBBB

3 weeks later

"Booth, I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions!" She paced her office, looking furiously at him.

"Look, Bones, all I'm saying is that you should cut back a little! It can't be easy to bend over your lab table all day!"

"I'm not! I'm in my office half the day! I'm fine, and I don't need you telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing!"

Booth tried to grab her arm, to stop her pacing, but she moved away from him. "I'm just trying to look out for you, and the baby! I don't.." He broke off as his cell phone rang. "Booth."

Brennan wasn't happy with the interruption. "Like I said, I can take care of myself! If I feel..."

"What?" Booth held up his hand to silence her. "Yeah, okay. Thanks." He slowly closed his phone.

Brennan felt her anger drain away as she looked at his face. "Booth? What is it?"

He looked at her. "It's Sully."
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:47 pm

WHAT DID YOU DO FLY?! WHY?! BOOTH AND BRENNAN ARE TOGETHER! NO NEED TO KILL SULLY?! OR HURT HIM!? AHHHHHHHHH?!?!?!?!?!?! Post soon please Smile
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:09 pm

I can honestly say, whatever happened to Sully I probably won't mind. Never liked him. But I love this story!!!! =D
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 99
Say What You Want : I would like for Bones and Booth to get over themselves and get together. Obviously!
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Chapter 38

Booth slipped his hand in hers, and Brennan clutched it gratefully. The warmth of his touch comforted her. The sky was filled with snowflakes, dancing on the wind that whipped through the cemetary. She heard the priest's voice, not focusing on the words, just the comforting tone, although she felt no comfort here. Sully was dead. There was nothing after death. She knew Booth believed there was, and she envied him his faith at that moment. To believe that this wasn't the end. But she didn't believe that. She wished she could.

She hadn't loved Sully, but he had a place in her heart, and to know that he would never be there, never know his child saddened her. She knew that Booth understood that, too. Over the last few weeks, they had come to an understanding, and they all three had formed a bond. She had shown Sully the ultrasound, he had felt the baby move. Booth had missed so much with Parker, he didn't deny Sully any of that with his own child.

Now all that was gone. She closed her eyes, and thought of Booth. This had been hard on him. Sully had been a friend, and they had just started to trust each other again, after 7 months of resentment. She wished she knew what to say to help him, but she didn't.

The wind picked up, and she moved closer to him.

Booth felt her shiver beside him, and he took his hand from hers, putting his arm around her and pulling her close to him. He hadn't wanted her to come, the early November wind was bitterly cold, but she had insisted. These past 7 months had been hard on her, but she was strong. She had made it through this far, and he would be there to help make sure she got through this too.

At least she wouldn't have to deal with any repercussions from Sully's death. The drunk driver that had hit him had not been one of the usual lucky ones, who come out with a few scratches. He had died on impact. There would be no trial, no lingering unresolved issues. She could just start healing. They both could.

He could hardly believe that Sully was dead. He felt so guilty. He had envied him that he was the baby's biological father, but now all he felt was grief. Grief that Sully would never know his child, and grief that the child would never know his father. Booth vowed that he would make sure the baby knew about his father, about the man he was. He would never let him forget. He owed Sully that.

Booth felt her stir in his arms. She pulled away from him, walking up and placing a rose on the coffin. She paused a moment, then returned to him. He took her hand and they turned and walked away, not looking back.

BBBBBBBBBB

6 weeks later

Bing Crosby was dreaming of a White Christmas, Hodgins and Zach were trying to hide the fact that they had spiked the punch again, and Lilah and Steve from accounting were making out under the mistletoe. The Jeffersonian Christmas Party was in full swing.

"I can't believe I let you drag me here, Ang."

"Come on, sweetie! Where's your Christmas spirit?"

Brennan shook her head. "I don't have any! You know I don't believe in Christmas!"

Angela handed her a glass of punch, making sure that it wasn't the spiked punch. "Sweetie, I know that you've had a hard time at Christmas, but you're going to have to get over that. Besides, I know you bought gifts for Booth and Parker."

Brennan took the glass, and took a sip. "I only did that because it's expected."

"Oh, please! You had a great time picking out their gifts! I was there, I saw!"

"Well, yeah, but I still think..."

"And just think! Next year you'll have the baby to buy for!"

Brennan's hand went unconciously to her stomach, thinking of the baby. She was due in just two weeks, and she still couldn't tell if she was more nervous, or excited. Booth, of course, was overjoyed. He had even bought Christmas presents for the baby, even though she wasn't due until January. She smiled as she thought of how excited he had been when he had brought them home to show her.

"I know that smile!" Angela intruded into her thoughts. "You're thinking about a certain FBI agent!"

"Ang..."

"Just admit it! I'm never wrong! Where is Booth, anyway?"

Brennan smiled. "It's Christmas Eve, Angela. You know Booth, he's Christmas shopping."

Angela shook her head. "He's been shopping for weeks!"

"Like I said, you know Booth. He's just like a little kid when it comes to Christmas!"

Zach came running up to them. "Dr. Brennan, I feel I should warn you that you're standing under the mistletoe!"

Brennan looked up.

"You're not supposed to tell her that, Zach!" Hodgins came up behind them. "When you see a beautiful woman under the mistletoe, you're supposed to kiss her!"

Zach looked terrified at the thought. "Booth would kill me!"

They all laughed, and Brennan walked out from under the offending plant. Angela promptly stepped under it, pulling Hodgins with her. "Show him how it's done, Jack!" He laughed and kissed her.

"Angela."

"Hold on, sweetie. Gotta wish my guy a Merry Christmas!"

"Uh, Angela..." Zach tried to get her attention, but she ignored him.

"Angela!"

She finally turned to look at her friend. "What?"

Brennan looked down. "My water just broke."
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:46 am

I never liked Sully, but I don't think he deserved to die either.....but some things just happen.....
can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:16 am

Her water broke?! Haha. Only Brennan. Hurry up and update!

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:12 am

Poor Sully. Even though I didn't like him with Brennan, I did like him...
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:28 am

Chapter 39

"Where's Booth?"

"I called him, sweetie. He's on his way." Angela was sitting by Brennan's bed, holding her hand. Her contractions had started just as they had reached the hospital, and they had accelerated quickly.

"He would be here by now, if he'd use the damn siren! He never uses..." Her words broke off as a contraction hit her. She breathed through it, Angela coaching her along. When it was over, she relaxed back on the bed.

"He'll be here, sweetie."

"I wish he'd hurry. I need him."

BBBBBBBBBB

Booth ran into the hospital, bypassing the information desk, heading toward the elevators. He was in such a hurry, he hit the button three times, muttering 'come on, come on' as he waited impatiently.

He couldn't believe he hadn't been there when she went into labor. She was two weeks early, but with Bones, he didn't expect anything less. And of course he had picked today, of all days, to go to Alexandria to pick up her gift.

The elevator doors finally opened, and he hopped in, pushing the button for the 4th floor. He had been anxiously awaiting this day for so long, he couldn't believe it was finally here. He thought of Sully, wishing he could be here to see his child being born. He renewed his vow to make sure the baby would know about his father.

The elevator doors opened, and he walked quickly out, turning to the right, coming to the nurses' station. "Temperance Brennan?"

The nurse looked up calmly. She was used to dealing with anxious, soon-to-be fathers. "You're Mr. Brennan?"

"No, I'm not...we're not...it's a long story, but I'm the baby's father." He shook his head. "Can you just tell me what room she's in, please?"

She looked down at the list in front of her. "Room 418. End of the hall on your right."

The words were no sooner out of her mouth, than he was hurrying down the hall toward her room.

Brennan squeezed Angela's hand tightly, trying to breathe through another contraction. She closed her eyes. She needed Booth. Everything was happening so fast, and she wasn't ready for it.

"Temperance!" She opened her eyes at the sound of Booth's voice. He rushed to her side as the contraction ended.

"Booth. I...I'm glad you're here."

Angela moved aside as Booth took Brennan's hand. "I got here as fast as I could." He smiled at her. "I even used the siren!"

She smiled back weakly. "Where were you? It's been over an hour."

Angela stepped up beside them. "Sweetie, I'm going to leave you two alone. Do you need anything before I go?"

Brennan shook her head. "No." She looked at Booth. "I'm fine, now."

"Booth, I'll be in the waiting room if you need anything. And I don't have to tell you that I want to know as soon as the baby's born."

"Yeah. Of course." Angela turned to go.

"Angela?"

"Yeah, Bren?"

"Thanks."

"My pleasure." She turned and walked out.

BBBBBBBBBB

Dr. Matthews had been in to check on her, and told them that she was progressing nicely. She had wanted to give her something for the pain, but Brennan had refused. Booth admired her strength, but it hurt him to see her in pain.

"Booth?"

He heard the fear in her voice, and he looked up quickly. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just..." She broke off, then tried again. "I'm afraid. I...I don't know if I can do this."

"Of course you can. I know you can." He started to get up. "Do you need me to get the nurse, to give you something for the pain?"

She shook her head, realizing he didn't understand what she meant. "No, that's not what I meant...I...I mean after. I'm not sure I can raise a baby."

He reached down and touched her cheek. "Temperance, I know you can do this. You're afraid, and that's normal. Every mother feels that way. But you are going to be a wonderful mother."

"How do you know?"

"Because I know what kind of person you are. And I've seen you with Parker. He adores you." He kissed her lightly. "And you have me, and Angela and the rest of the squints to help you."

She tried to smile at him, but a wave of pain hit her, and she cried out. She grabbed his hand, squeezing tightly.

"Okay, Bones, just breathe, okay?" Booth almost panicked. She had been so strong, he knew that the pain had to be getting bad, she had been mostly silent with the pain before now.

When the contraction ended, she lay back, exhaustion evident in her features.

"I'm going to get the nurse, okay?" He started to get up.

"Don't leave me" she whispered.

"I'll be right back, I promise."

BBBBBBBBBB

"Okay, Temperance, I need you to push."

Brennan's face was bathed in sweat, pain etched in her features. "I can't."

"Yes you can, Bones. You can do it. Just one more push."

Brennan felt the contraction, and she pushed with all her strength. She felt a rush of pain, then it was gone. The room was silent for a moment, then she heard the sound of her baby, crying.

"It's a boy!" Dr. Matthews laid him on her stomach, and she cradled him in her arms. She stared down at the tiny form, eyes squeezed tightly shut, face red with the force of his crying. She didn't realize that tears were running down her cheeks. She looked up and met Booth's eyes, and she saw that he was crying too.

Booth reached down to wipe the tears from her face. "I love you."

"I love you too, Seeley."
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:51 am

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW I love babies!

Fly, I don't think I can say it enough... You are fantastic.
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:54 am

Well thanks deb! You are all fantastic with your wonderful reviews!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:19 pm

I'm glad she had a boy! I really wanted her to give Booth a little girl, even though he will be the father of this baby. This story is fantastic.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:32 pm

jagglebells wrote:I'm glad she had a boy! I really wanted her to give Booth a little girl, even though he will be the father of this baby. This story is fantastic.
That is so funny, because that was EXACTLY my reasoning! lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Love it fly Very Happy Except that you killed Sully, that was mean! Razz
OMG can't wait for moreeeeeee
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:56 pm

a little baby-boy....
can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by kiisuke10 Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:46 am

awww it was so sweet. i llove it! Very Happy
kiisuke10
kiisuke10

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:25 am

Chapter 40

Booth paused in the doorway of Bones' room, watching as she held the baby. She was smiling down at him, the expression on her face one of absolute joy. As he watched, she leaned down and whispered something softly to him, then kissed his cheek lightly.

She felt his presence in the doorway, and looked up, smiling.

He walked into the room and sat down beside her. "Hey." He leaned down and kissed her. "Did Angela leave?"

"Yeah. She really couldn't visit, seeing that it's 2:00 AM."

He looked at her for a moment. "Only you, Bones."

"Only me, what?"

"Only you, rational scientist that you are, would have a baby boy on Christmas morning."

She shook her head. "What, you think that's some 'sign from God'?"

He didn't say anything, just kept smiling at her.

"Oh, please! He was ready to be born, there was nothing 'spiritual' about it!"

"And what about his name, Bones?"

"You don't like Matthew? I thought you said..."

"I love it. I especially like the meaning of his name."

She looked confused. "Why?"

"Matthew means 'gift of God'."

"You made that up!"

He looked indignant. "I did not!"

She shook her head. "It doesn't matter. Names don't mean anything, Booth! They're just names!"

"If you say so, Bones." She was about to argue when she yawned. Booth realized she must be exhausted. "You should get some sleep, Temperance."

"I should. It's just..." She looked down at the baby in her arms. "It's crazy. I never wanted him, but now...now I can't seem to let him go."

Booth tipped her head up to look at him. "I know. But he'll still be here in the morning."

She smiled. "I know." She kissed Matthew once more, then reluctantly handed him to Booth.

Booth cradled the baby in his arms. Matthew looked up at him with his blue-green eyes, so like his mother's. He breathed in the scent of him, watching as his eyes slowly closed. He stood up and walked over to the bassinet, laying him down, his hand lingering on his cheek for a moment. He turned back to Brennan. "Do you need anything, Temperance?"

She was watching him, a content look on her face. Despite all her fears, she knew everything was going to be okay. She shook her head. "I'm fine."

He leaned down and took her face in his hands, kissing her softly. "I'll be back later." He straightened up and turned to go. "I love you."

"I love you too, Seeley."
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:27 am

Chapter 41

When Brennan woke, the sun was streaming in the windows. She heard the voices of the nurses down the hall, exchanging Christmas greetings. And she saw Booth, sitting in a chair by the window, holding Matthew. He was so focused on the baby, he didn't notice that she was awake.

She smiled, watching him, a warm feeling growing inside her at the sight of him, holding their son. She almost spoke, then stopped as she heard his words.

"You're a lucky kid, you know? Your family's a little odd, but they love you. I mean, the squints aren't actually related to you, but they're family, just the same."

Brennan smiled. 'Listen Bones, hey. There's more than one kind of family'

"Family's important, especially to your mom. Anyway, once you get past their quirks, they're an amazing group of people. It took me awhile, but I warmed up to them, and now I'm happy to call them friends."

'He's your squint, not my squint.' 'We are all of us, your squints'

"Then there's your grandfather. It's kind of complicated, he's a fugitive and it's my job to put him in jail." Booth sighed. "I don't really want to, 'cause I know it'll hurt your mother, but, like I said, it's my job."

Brennan listened, not noticing the tears beginning to fall.

"And then we have your Uncle Russ. He's kind of in trouble, too, helping your grandfather. He's a pretty good guy, though, just made some bad choices."

She closed her eyes, thinking of her brother. She hoped she'd be able to see him again one day. She brushed a tear from her cheek, then looked back at Booth.

"You have a big brother, kind of. His name's Parker, and he's 6. He's really excited to see you." He sighed again, running a finger over Matthew's cheek. "Then there's me. I'm not your real father, but I want to be. I love your mother, and I've loved you since the moment I found out about you."

The tears were flowing freely now, she made no attempt to wipe them away.

"Your real father died almost 2 months ago. I know he loved you, and I promise I'll make sure you know him." He smiled down at the baby in his arms. "I don't know if you got all that, it's kind of hard to follow. Believe me, even I have trouble with it sometimes." He chuckled. "The bottom line is, you're loved. And I'm going to do everything I can to make sure you're happy. You and your mother. Because, along with Parker, you both mean everything to me."

Brennan took a deep breath, fighting the tears.

Booth looked over. He smiled as he saw her, watching him, her tears falling down her face. "Hey." He stood up and walked over to her. "Just giving him a little background on his family." He lay Matthew in her arms, then wiped away her tears.

She smiled up at him. "He is lucky, isn't he Seeley?"

"Of course he is, Bones. He has you for a mother."

She smiled, and he kissed her softly. "Merry Christmas, Bones."

BBBBBBBBBB

"Daddy! Dr. Bones!" Parker launched himself from the doorway, heading straight towards the bed where Brennan lay, holding Matthew.

Booth grabbed him as he flew past, stopping him before he reached the bed. "Whoa, buddy! You've got to be careful, you don't want to hurt the baby, or Bones!"

Rebecca stood in the doorway. "I'm sorry, Dr. Brennan. I hope you don't mind, but he was so excited, he wanted to see you and the baby."

Brennan smiled. "Of course, it's fine. I'm glad to see him."

"I'll be back in a little while, Seeley." She turned and walked out.

Booth let Parker go, and he walked gingerly over to the bed. He climbed up beside her, being careful not to bump her, remembering his father's words. He looked down at the sleeping baby. "Can I touch him?"

Brennan laughed. "Go ahead."

Parker reached out and gently touched his head, feeling the softness of his dark hair. "Wow! My very own baby brother!" He looked up at Brennan, an amazed look on his face. "And he was born on Christmas, just like baby Jesus!"

Booth met her eyes, not knowing what to say. "Parker..."

Brennan searched for something to say, but before she could, Parker rambled on, "This is the bestest Christmas present ever, Dr. Bones!"

She reached out and smoothed his blonde curls. "Do you want to hold him, Parker?"

"Yeah!" He looked excited for a moment, then his face fell. "Mommy says that I'm...uh,... well, I don't remember the word, but I fall down a lot, and I drop things, too."

"That's okay. I'll help you." She looked at Booth, who came over to the bed, and helped her lay Matthew in Parker's arms. Brennan put her arm around him, helping him to hold the baby' head up.

Parker gazed down at his brother. "Merry Christmas, baby Matthew."

Oh, btw, the idea for Booth's 'talk' with Matthew came from a movie I saw a long time ago, Home Fries. It was a pretty cute movie, and there's a scene at the end where he's trying to tell the baby about his messed up family. lol!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:13 pm

Two chapters?! Oh how I love you!
The talk was sooo sweet! And Bones crying! Aw!!!
I love the fact Booth is going to make sure that Matthew knows about Sully Very Happy
Fantastic Very Happy
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Haha, thanks. And there are only 2 more chapters, I'll post them tomorrow...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:44 pm

Shocked Wait, there's a second one to this though, right?!
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Well yeah...but it's kind of different. I'll post it if you want, though.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:22 pm

I loved when Booth talked to Matthew. So adorable.
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Yes post the second part to this too!!!!!! =D
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 99
Say What You Want : I would like for Bones and Booth to get over themselves and get together. Obviously!
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:58 pm

I have to say that this is one of my favorite chapters! I had this written just after I decided to keep going with this fic, which was originally supposed to end right after they got out of the elevator!

Chapter 42

5 months later

Brennan sat in Booth's office, waiting impatiently for him. He had gone to drop off the paperwork from their last case to Cullen 15 minutes ago, and she was starting to get annoyed. She wanted to pick up Matthew and get home.

She smiled as she thought of what a difference having a child made in her life. Before she had Matthew, she would be at her office working until 7 or 8 at night, and she worked almost every weekend. Now she could hardly wait until 5:00 to come around, and she rarely worked weekends, preferring to spend her time with Matthew and Booth, and sometimes Parker.

She glanced at her watch. Where was he? She looked at his desk, spying the picture of Parker holding Matthew, then the one beside it, of the four of them. She smiled. Her family.

"Okay, Bones. Are you ready?" Booth walked into the office.

"I've been ready, Booth." She stood up.

"Sorry it took so long. I had...um...something to take care of." He grabbed his keys, then put his arm around her, steering her out the door.

They reached the elevator, and they stood waiting, lost in their own thoughts. Brennan's mind flashed back to a year ago, this same day, and ironically, almost the same time. The power outage, the game, the kiss. She shivered. She could still remember that kiss. The first of many, but the kiss that started it all.

The elevator reached their floor, and the doors opened. Brennan stepped in, looking around in confusion. There were rose petals on the floor, and the small space was filled with flowers. She looked at Booth. "What happened here?"

Booth looked away nervously. "Don't know. Some crazy delivery man, I guess."

She didn't have time to wonder, as he followed her in, and the doors closed. "Booth..."

"Shhh" He stopped her words with a quick kiss, then reached out and pressed the button to stop the elevator.

"Booth, what are you doing? I don't really have time to get stuck in an elevator again!"

He leaned down and kissed her again, pulling her to him. She responded, as she always did, wrapping her arms around him. A year later, and he could still make her lose control with just one kiss. He broke the kiss and just held her for a moment.

"Booth?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?"

He sighed and pulled away, shaking his head. "Impatient, aren't you?"

She looked at him seductively. "Well, if you're idea is to relive the day we got together, Seeley, I have a better place to start. She ran her hands down his chest, causing the heat to rush through him.

"Temperance..." He grabbed her arms, stopping her caresses.

She looked at him questioningly.

"You know I love you."

She nodded. "I love you too. I never imagined being as happy as I have been this past year with you and Matthew."

"Look, I know that you're life is a lot different than you expected. Being with me, having Matthew..."

"I wouldn't trade it for anything, you know that."

He nodded. "Yeah, I do. You changed your mind about having children, so I thought maybe..." He bent down, getting on one knee, reaching in his pocket and pulling out a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring.

She gasped as she realized what he was about to do.

"Temperance, will you marry me?"

"I...Booth..." She didn't know what to say. She looked into his eyes, eyes that always seemed to be able to see into her soul. "I..."

"Look, I know it's just a piece of paper, and it won't change how I feel about you, how much I love you. And if you shoot me down, it won't make a bit of difference. You've got me for life."

She smiled slightly. "Kind of like a life sentence, huh?"

He smiled back. "Yeah." He took her hand. "I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want us all to be a family, you, me, Matthew and Parker." He looked up into her eyes and smiled, a smile that nearly took her breath away.

"You're using your charm smile?!"

"Whatever works."

She looked down at him, tears forming in her eyes. She would never have believed, a year ago, that she would be in this position. He was right, her life had definately turned out differently than she had anticipated. She already had the child she never thought she wanted, the child she couldn't imagine living without. Maybe she was ready to crumble that last wall around the old Temperance Brennan.

Booth watched her, not knowing what was going through her mind. "Temperance?"

She gazed into his eyes, seeing the love there, and she said the only thing she could. "Yes" she whispered.

His heart leapt at the word, and he slipped the ring on her finger. He rose up, reaching out to caress her cheek, then leaned down and captured her lips with a kiss.

Her hands reached up and cupped his face, kissing him back. This time it was Brennan who finally broke the kiss. "I love you, Seeley, and as happy as I am right now, we probably should get going."

He sighed. "I know."

She looked around the elevator once more. Roses, daisies, lillies. So many beautiful flowers, arranged lovingly in the small space. "You really did go to a lot of trouble for this."

He shrugged. "Well, I wanted it to be perfect." He reached over and started the elevator.

"It was." She wrapped her arms around him again, kissing him once more.

This time, when the door opened, there were no expressions of disbelief. Instead, Zach, Dr. Goodman, Hodgins, and Angela, who was holding Matthew, stood there, faces beaming. Cullen was there as well, along with what seemed like half of the FBI agents in the building.

"You did it!" Angela squealed and ran over to them.

Brennan took Matthew out of Angela's arms, and Angela threw her arms around her friend and hugged her, then turned and did the same to Booth. "I knew if anyone could get through to her, you could!" She stepped back and looked at them both. "Okay, now. Let's go party!"
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum