Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor

+16
SnoopGirl
bcriet
sweetie_dude
alexaaaaa
kiisuke10
jagglebells
Sarah9488
Teardropsonmyguitar
Shakari
CheeseBK
Zeddie
newhaven5
ToZiKa
ForensicMama
fairytales_end
flyersfan35
20 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor Empty Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Well okay. This is actually my most successful story I've written, so I decided to post it here...for a few reasons. (Mainly to keep those few FA readers at bay when I can't update regularly...) Anyway, it's totally complete, so you won't have to wait long for updates...lol. I hope you enjoy...this was probably one of my favorite stories I've written. If you get a few laughs and a few sighs out of it, I'll be happy.

"Can someone explain to me why we had to meet Booth at his office? It's Saturday!" Hodgins stood in the lobby of the Hoover Building, next to Angela, Zack, and Brennan.

"I told you, Hodgins. Booth had to finish up with the paperwork from our last case, so we're meeting him here." Brennan flashed her visitor's badge to the guard, then walked over to the waiting elevator. "Just wait here. I'll get Booth, and we'll meet you down here." The doors closed behind her.

Hodgins turned to Angela, who had sat down on an overstuffed chair in the lobby. "What time is this little get together, anyway?"

"Not until 4:00, Jack. We have plenty of time."

Zack came over, looking lost in the huge lobby. "I'm really glad that Dr. Goodman's finally come back. He's been gone a lot longer than he originally intended."

"Yeah, he's really missed a lot." Angela patted the seat next to her. "Jack, just come sit down, okay. I'm sure they'll only be a few minutes."

"Yeah, sure." He sat down, folded his arms over his chest, and prepared to wait.

Brennan paused at the doorway to Booth's office, watching as he gathered up paperwork. Since he was not officially on duty, he was casually dressed in jeans and a dark blue t-shirt. She took a moment to admire the way he looked. She had to admit that she could definately see what women saw in him. Putting those thoughts out of her head, she stepped into the office.

Booth looked up at his partner. "Hey, Bones, I'll be ready in a minute." He paused to really look at her.

"What?"

"Nothing, Bones. You just..I mean..you look..cute."

"Cute?!" Her voice rose indignantly. "I am not 'cute'! Little girls are cute, I am not...!"

"Jeez, Bones, calm down! It's just that I've never seen you quite this..casual." Her dark hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and she wore denim capris and a mint green t-shirt. Sandals completed the look. She looked relaxed, carefree, and totally different from the serious forensic anthropologist he was used to seeing.

"Goodman's welcome back party is a barbque. The very definition of casual!"

"Okay, okay! Point taken!" He stopped and leaned on his desk. "You know, I was actually trying to give you a compliment." She just glared at him.

Booth grabbed his keys and the file he had been working on. "Let me just drop this off to Cullen, then we can be on our way."

She turned and walked out the door. "Fine. I'll meet you at the elevator." Her voice was still stern.

Way to go, Booth! It's going to be a long night! He headed towards Cullen's office.

Brennan stood by the elevator, tapping her foot as she waited for Booth. Cute? Is that what he thinks of me? She looked down at herself. Just because she had decided to be totally comfortable for once. She shook her head. What did she care what he thought, anyway?

Booth walked up behind her, reached around and pressed the down button. "Still mad at me?"

The elevator doors opened, and she walked through, not bothering to answer.

"C'mon, Bones." He followed her onto the elevator. "I'm sorry." He smiled at her.

She crossed her arms in front of her. "Do you really think your charm smile is going to work on me?"

"Doesn't it always?" His voice was confident.

She turned away to hide a smile. Of course that smile always worked on her. It worked on every female from age 5 to 95. "Fine."

"Good. So we're fine. So anyway..."

She turned to him suddenly. "You know, 'cute' or not, I can still take you down!"

This time, it was Booth who turned away to hide his smile. "Do you want me to wave a white flag? I surrender!" "And, no you couldn't" he added, not quite under his breath.

She stared at him a moment, then, not wanting to start another argument, she chose to ignore the remark, but she vowed that someday he would pay for it.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor Empty Re: Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor

Post by fairytales_end Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Hehe...I love it, thank you Fly Smile I'll leave you alone for a little while, but don't expect me to stay away long Smile
Great job Very Happy
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor Empty Re: Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:05 pm

Keep going!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:10 pm

ForensicMama wrote:Keep going!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
*sigh* she said she'd try to post a chapter a day (to keep me at bay...hehehehehehe ) Anyway....There's like 43 chapters so it'll be a long one Very Happy
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:54 pm

"What is taking them so long?" Angela glanced at her watch. "We're going to be late."

"Hey, take it easy." Hodgins put his arm around her. "Now who's impatient?"

Zack stood up. "Dr. Goodman's not going to like it if we're late."

"Don't worry, we'll get there." Hodgins smiled. "We can just blame it on Booth."

xxx

"So, Goodman's finally back." Booth leaned casually against the wall. "It's about time. Wasn't he supposed to be back before now?"

"Well he..." Brennan's words were cut off suddenly as the elevator gave a violent shudder, and stopped. All the lights went out. She lost her balance, falling forward and ending up in Booth's arms. He caught her easily, bracing himself against the wall to keep them both from falling. Booth held her a moment in the darkness, until the emergency lights came on, bathing them in a soft glow. She looked up at him and met his eyes, and for an instant, they were lost in each other's eyes.

Brennan came to her senses first, and she slowly pulled out of Booth's arms. She looked around. "What happened?"

Booth shook his head. He put thoughts of Brennan in his arms out of his head. "I'm guessing we lost power." He pulled out his cell phone. "I'll call Cullen, see what's going on." As he dialed, Brennan's own phone rang.

"Okay, thanks, Ang." Brennan hung up the phone, and turned to Booth, who had already finished his conversation with Cullen. "You heard?"

"Yeah. Cullen says the whole city's out of power. Looks like we're stuck here."

"That's just great! What are we supposed to do now?"

Booth smiled at her. "Too bad you don't have a box of bones with you to examine."

She glared at him. "Are you making fun of me?"

"Look, it could be worse..."

"How?"

"Well, you could be stuck in here with Zack."

Brennan shook her head. "How could that possibly be worse? At least Zack and I have something in common."

"Okay, I could be stuck in here with Zack!"

She smiled. "Actually, that might be fun to watch!"

"Yeah, sure, if you want to be short one forensic anthropologist!"

"Booth!" She had to laugh. "What is your problem with Zack, anyway?"

"Nothing, Bones. Zack and I just have an unusual relationship, that's all."

"Well, at least you don't totally ignore him anymore."

Booth sat down, back against the side of the elevator, and stretched his legs out in front of him. "You know, Bones, we're going to be here awhile. You might as well get comfortable." He sighed. "At least I'm not in a suit."

Brennan kicked off her sandals and sat down opposite him. "So, what do we do now?"

"Well, we talk."

"What, like a stakeout? Great, we both know how well that turned out the last time!"

Booth put his hands behind his head. "Well, as long as we don't talk about drugs or religion, we should be okay."

"Well, what does that leave? The weather?"

Booth leaned his head back and closed his eyes. 'Lord, give me strength.'
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:41 pm

God I love this story.....
I will defintiley read it again....would make it the 4th time, but still you just can't read it often enough....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:53 am

Haha I loved this story!! "God give me strength" Laughing
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 99
Say What You Want : I would like for Bones and Booth to get over themselves and get together. Obviously!
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:56 am

I love this!! Very Happy can't wait for more!!! Very Happy
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:17 am

"You know, this isn't exactly my idea of a good time either, Bones. We just have to make the best of it." Brennan sighed loudly, and Booth smiled. "You know, this reminds of the time back in high school, when I accidently got locked in the janitor's closet with Zoe Taylor, and we..."

"Never mind, Booth! I don't need to know the details!"

Booth laughed. "Come on, Bones! Some of the best years of my life were spent in high school!" He stopped as he suddenly realized that this probably wasn't the best topic of conversation for her. "I'm sorry, Bones. I didn't mean..."

"It's okay." She knew he didn't mean to make her uncomfortable. "School wasn't really any different after my parents left than it was before. I mostly just studied." She smiled slightly. "Except for the fact that I didn't have Russ to check up on me every day."

Something in her voice made him want to reach out and take her in his arms, but he resisted the urge. "You never had any fun?"

She looked over at him. "Just because I didn't go to parties and get drunk..."

"Gee, Bones! What kind of teenager do you think I was?! I was talking about, you know, fun stuff. Kid stuff. Slumber parties, dances. Spin the Bottle."

"I wasn't pretty or popular. Studying was my fun." He stared at her. "What? Booth, you don't have to feel sorry for me. It was fine.."

"No, I just...I don't believe that. That you weren't..pretty."

"Booth..."

"I mean...you, you're..."

"I know. I'm well structured." They smiled together.

She was beautiful, there was no doubt that she always had been. It saddened him to realize that she didn't know how beautiful she was. He decided to let it go for now.
"Really, though. Everyone should be able to experience the craziness that is your high school years."

She shook her head. "Well, I'm not spinning any bottles with you, not that we have a bottle, or that I'd know what to do. It sounds kind of odd."

He laughed at her.

"What? I know that you think I don't know anything outside of the lab and books, and, well, maybe you're right. And I know it frustrates you, but..."

"Actually, Bones, I think it's cu.." He cut off at her glare. "I mean, it's...endearing."

"Right." She stretched her arms. "I wish I had a book."

Booth pretended to be insulted. "You mean you'd read and let me sit here and do nothing by myself?!"

"Well, at least we wouldn't be sitting here getting into arguments over every little thing."

"We don't argue over... We argue over everything, don't we?

Brennan shook her head in frustration. "I just said that!" She reached for her bag, rummaged around for a moment, then pulled out a small bottle of water. She took a drink, then offered it to Booth. "I hope Angela, Zach and Hodgins are doing okay."

Booth took the bottle. "Why wouldn't they be?"

"Well, Angela told me that nobody was allowed to leave the building. You know, all the electronic doors being locked. And of course I drove them here, and I have my car keys with me. I'm sure they probably couldn't get home even if they were allowed to leave."

"Well, at least they can get up and wander around."

They sat in silence for a few minutes. Brennan closed her eyes. The inactivity was going to drive her crazy. She wasn't used to sitting around with nothing to occupy her. And her people skills still left a lot to be desired. At least she was with Booth. He understood her. She hated to admit it, but if she had to be stuck in an elevator with someone, she wouldn't want it to be with anyone else.

Booth watched her out of the corner of his eye. He hated to admit it, but she was right about one thing. He did feel sorry for her, for that 15 year old girl, family gone, being bounced from place to place. No friends, no family. No place to call home. He wished he could do something, anything, to make it up to her. To give her the memories that everyone should have. "I know what we can do."

Brennan was startled out of her thoughts, thoughts that had been drifting to Booth and how very attractive he was. "What?"

"We could play a game."

She shook her head. "I told you, I'm not bottle spinning!"

Booth flashed her a smile. "Someday, Bones, I'm going to explain that game to you, and you can tell me if you think it sounds interesting. But that wasn't the game I was thinking of."

"Well, we could play 20 questions. I'm quite good at that game."

"I'm sure you are, but I think I'll pass. I have a feeling I'd lose."

"What, are you afraid?" Her tone was challenging.

"I'm really not sure a competition is advisable in this situation."

She thought about it for a moment, then she had to agree. "I guess you're right. What do you suggest?"

He got a wicked gleam in his eye. "A game with no winner or loser."

"Where's the fun in that?"

"Oh, you'll see. This is a game that you can definately have fun with. One that every teenage girl should have had a chance to play."

"It's a little late for that, isn't it?"

"It's never too late, Bones."

The look in his eyes told her she was in trouble. "So, what's the game?"

Booth gave her his best charm smile. "Truth or Dare."
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:46 am

I really love the story plot here!! Very Happy
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Say What You Want : I would like for Bones and Booth to get over themselves and get together. Obviously!

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:16 pm

I can't believe I forgot you were posting this!!! I was all "I want FA *sigh*"
Oh how I love you fly...this is sooooooo fantastic!!!! *resists the urge to read on ff*

Hehe, I was about to read reflections, but I guess I have to wait....

Can't wait until tomorrow Very Happy
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Wow! Thanks everyone! Glad you like it! Just so you know, I changed the game a bit to fit the story. Have fun!

"I don't know what that is, but I'm sure I won't like it."

"Come on, Bones! Where's your sense of adventure?"

"I'm stuck in an elevator! That's adventure enough for me." She suddenly became thoughtful. "I wonder if I can use this in my next book?"

"If you need any help with that..."

"Never mind!"

Booth laughed. "Anyway, back to the game..."

She shook her head. "Booth, I'm not playing some crazy game with you!"

"Why not? Don't tell me that you're afraid?!"

She glared at him. "What, is that some kind of challenge? Because if it is, it's not going to work!"

He stared right back at her. "You know, this game works both ways."

Her expression was confused. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you get to ask me anything you want."

"Anything? That could be interesting." She gave him another piercing look. "And you have to answer?"

Booth nodded. "And if I don't, you get to dare me to do something."

"What are you going to do in an elevator?"

He smiled. "You're pretty smart. I'm sure you'll think of something."

Something in his voice sent a shiver down her spine. "Booth..."

"Look, what else are we going to do?"

He had a point. "Well, what kinds of questions do you ask?"

He shrugged. "Anything you want. You know, favorite memory, first crush. First kiss."

She sighed. "Okay, but I get to ask you first." She thought for a moment. "What about your first kiss?"

"What do you want to know?"

"How old were you?"

He gave her a smile. "Well, technically, I was 6, and it was a girl named Lindsay..."

"Booth!"

"What?"

"Playing doctor doesn't count!"

"Hey! I was seriously in love!" He tried to hide his laughter.

"Fine, if you don't want to play..."

"Okay, okay! I was 14, after the Valentine's Day dance at Junior High."

"And the girl?"

"Rebecca."

She looked a little shocked. "Oh...I...I didn't realize that you knew each other that long ago.."

"Yeah, well, we dated off and on all through High School. Then I left for the army. After I got back, we started seeing each other again. Then she got pregnant, and..well you know the rest."

They were both silent for a minute, then Booth leaned forward. "What about you?"

"Well, I thought you were supposed to ask a different question."

"You don't want to tell me? Gee, let's see, what can I dare you to do..."

"Fine. It's just that my first kiss really wasn't that memorable. I was 18, in college, and was at a party my roommate dragged me to. His name was Jeremy, and, well, he got a little carried away, and I had to restrain him."

He looked confused. "Restrain him in what way?"

She smiled. "In the way that I had to grab his arm and flip him onto his back on the floor."

Booth had to laugh. "I'm sure that earned you a reputation!"

"Well, no one tried to kiss me after that!"

"I can believe it!" He smiled, thinking of how intimidating she must have been. He wondered what she would do if he tried to kiss her. 'Like that will happen!' He realized that she was talking to him. "What?"

"I said, it's my turn."

He put his hands behind his head. "Go ahead. My life's an open book!"

"Really?! In that case, I'm going to have to think about this a minute!"

Booth laughed, but he was starting to worry just a little. What had he gotten himself into? He knew she was quite capable, in that blunt, straightforward way of hers, to ask him something he really wasn't ready to tell her. Like his feelings for her. Oh, well, if it came to that, he'd just take the dare. Although he wasn't sure that would be any safer.

Brennan was just about to speak, when her cell phone rang. "Brennan."

"How are you doing up there, sweetie?"

"Hey Angela. We're fine. Any word on how much longer we're going to be stuck here?"

"No. Why? Aren't you having fun?" Angela couldn't help but tease her. "What are you two doing, anyway?"

Somehow Brennan knew that she couldn't tell Angela what she and Booth were doing. "Um.., we're just...talking."

"Oh, sweetie! Talk is wasted when you're with a guy as hot as Booth!"

"Ang!"

"Come on, Bren! The guy is sexy as hell, and he is totally into you! Go for it!"

Brennan felt herself beginning to blush. "I'm hanging up now, Angela!"

Angela heard the click in her ear. She turned to Hodgins and Zach. "She's up to something."

Zach looked confused. "What do you mean?"

Hodgins ignored him and put his arm around Angela. "I think that's just wishful thinking. Brennan's never going to do anything."

Angela looked at him. "Just you wait. I'll get them together eventually." She looked thoughtful. "Oh, to be a fly on that wall!"
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:55 pm

LOL! I love Ange! She's so cute! Hehehehe

And that's so sweet that Brennan's first kiss was at 18 Very Happy
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:41 pm

Brennan hung up the phone and sighed. No matter what she said or did, Angela was always going to try to get her together with Booth. She glanced over and caught him watching her, an intense look on his face. She could usually tell what he was thinking, but right now she didn't have a clue. Actually, that gave her an idea. "What are you thinking about?"

"What?" Caught daydreaming about her, he tried to divert her attention. "Oh, nothing. So, are you going to ask me a question?"

She smiled, a devilish look in her eye. "I just did."

He looked confused for just a second, then realization dawned. "Hey, that's not a fair question!"

"You said I could ask you anything." She folded her arms in front of her. "So, are you going to answer me, or do I have to dare you?"

Booth was speechless. She definately caught on fast, and since there was no way he was going to tell her what he had been thinking... "I guess I'll have to take the dare."

Brennan was surprised. What could he have been thinking of that he didn't want to tell her. He talked to her about everything. Except...sex. Oh right, Brennan! He's thinking about sex while stuck in an elevator! She laughed at herself, then Angela's words came back to her. Just put that thought right out of your head, Brennan!

"So, what's it going to be?" Booth was almost afraid to hear.

"Well.." She thought for a moment. "I know we can't do it here, but..." Booth's heart almost stopped for a moment. "...I dare you, that when we get out of here, you and I finally see who can beat whom."

Booth breathed a sigh of relief. "I don't know, Bones. I really don't want to hurt you."

She put her hands on her hips. "Are you refusing? Because I can still make you answer the question!"

"No, I'm not refusing. Just hoping you know what you're getting yourself into."

"Don't worry about me, 'Agent Booth'!"

He shook his head. "Okay, Bones, if you insist. I could probably show you a few things."

She just smiled. "Oh, this is going to be fun! You're right. I like this game!"

"I've created a monster!" Booth laughed. "Well, I guess if we have that out of the way, it's my turn to ask you a question."

"I'm ready."

"Let me think." He closed his eyes for a moment. "Okay. If you had to be stuck in an elevator in a blackout, who would you rather be with?" She opened her mouth to answer, but he interuppted her. "And you can't say Angela!"

"Why not?!" She sounded indignant.

"Because, that's too easy!"

"You can't put qualifications on my answers!"

"If you can ask me what I'm thinking at any given moment, I can narrow down your choices!"

She looked at him skeptically. "Okay. What are my choices?"

"Zach, Hodgins...or me."

She just rolled her eyes. "Well, I've been trapped with Hodgins once before, and he was pretty handy..."

"We're in no danger! You don't need to escape this time..."

"...and Zach and I could discuss the latest technological advances in forensic anthropology..."

"Yeah, I can imagine that would be riveting!"

She had to laugh at the look on his face. "Well, I suppose, if I had to choose..." He was looking at her with such a hopeful look on his face. "I guess it would have to be you!"

"Gee, thanks Bones! Try to say it with less sarcasm next time!" He sat back and looked at his watch. Over 2 hours had passed since the power went out. Booth stood and stretched.

Brennan looked at him for a moment, than stood up beside him. "Getting bored?"

"Not at all. Just a little cramped. And hungry. If we ever make it out of here, how about we go to Wong Fu's?"

"Sounds good." She thought of something. "Wait a minute!" She looked around in her bag for a moment, then triumphantly pulled out 2 Hershey bars, and offered one to Booth.

He took it gratefully. "You are the best! What would I do without you, Bones?"

She smiled and took a bite. "It's a mystery!"
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Love this story!!! Cant wait to see what happens next. PPS!
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:40 pm

ohhhh I remember this one. I LOVED IT, flyers Wink
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:05 am

I love this story! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:00 am

Love that chapter!! Update soon!!!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Elevator Games - T Fluff/Angst/Humor 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:07 am

I'm loving this, Fly. XD
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:17 am

did you post this on the ff.net site? I think I read it there and it was like my favorite Bones fic! It's soo cute! I this was the story that made me try my hand at writing fic myself! Thanks! I am going to reread it....

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 354
Say What You Want : Dancers do it best.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:17 pm

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Omg they're so cute!!!!!

Okay, I'm alright now Very Happy

Totally love this fic Fly, I can't wait for you to post the next chap Very Happy
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Thanks so much for all your great reviews! I'm glad you like it!

"You know, it's just my luck that I would get stuck here during a power outage." Angela unwrapped a cupcake, and took a bite. "I couldn't be lucky enough to have been at Wong Fu's or the diner."

"I'm sorry, Angela. I got one of everything they had in the vending machine." Zach was sorting through the rest of the snacks. "The didn't have much of a selection, though."

Hodgins grabbed another pack of cookies out of the pile. "Come on, this isn't so bad!" He fell back on the chair. "At least we have food. Booth and Brennan must be starving!"

Angela sighed. "True." She got a wicked gleam in her eye. "I know what they could do to keep their minds off their stomachs!"

"You never give up, do you, babe?"

"Nope. Those two are perfect for each other, and I'm going to make them see it, even if I have to hit them both over the head with a brick to do it!"

BBBBBBBBBB

"Well, that was satisfying!"

Booth turned to look at Brennan, who was now sitting beside him. "I hope you were being sarcastic, because I can tell you that this is only going to hold me for about 20 minutes."

"It was something, at least. I didn't see you having anything to share!"

"Well..."

"I'm the one supplying the food and water. What have you contributed?"

Booth smiled. "Stimulating conversation!"

"Oh, and what a treat that's been!" They both looked at each other, then started laughing. When they finally stopped, he looked at her.

"You know, you should do that more often."

"What?"

"Laugh. You're even more beautiful when you laugh."

Brennan started to turn away, but he caught her chin with his finger, and turned her back to face him. "I mean it, Temperance. You are beautiful. Don't ever doubt it."

Brennan felt her pulse race as she looked into his eyes. She wanted to fall into his arms, to kiss him. Nothing mattered at this moment except being with him. Nothing until the familiar sound of his cell phone ringing intruded. Brennan blinked and turned away.

Damn. Booth closed his eyes briefly, then reached for the phone. "Booth."

Brennan leaned back and waited for her pulse to return to normal. She thought that he had been about to kiss her. She shook her head. The heat must be getting to her. They were friends, partners. Nothing more. She was hanging around Angela too much. She turned to him as he hung up the phone.

"That was Cullen. They're expecting to have power back on sometime in the next two hours." Booth sat back, silently cursing the interuption. He had wanted to kiss her, and he thought that in that one moment, she would have let him. Now the moment was gone.

Brennan broke the silence. "So." She tried to sound normal. "It's my turn now, right?"

"What?"

"To ask you a question."

"Oh, yeah." He turned to her and smiled. "What do you want to know this time? My most embarrassing moment? Worst date?"

"What's the real reason you won't let me have a gun?"

Booth was seriously starting to regret teaching her this game. "Bones.."

"Don't even think about backing out of this one! You're going to tell me the truth this time!"

One of these days you're going to learn to keep your mouth shut around her! "Fine. If you want to know, I'll tell you." She was looking at him intently. He took a deep breath. "The truth is...I like being the one to save you." He could see she was getting ready to argue, and he held up his hand. "Look, you're smarter than me. You can look at a person's bones, and tell me how they died. Who they were. How they lived. I can't. You're better at a lot of things. Keeping you safe is the one thing I'm better at, and I'd like to keep it that way."

Booth waited for her to say something. "Well. That is...such a bunch of crap!"

"What?!" That was definately not the reaction he was expecting. "That's the truth!"

"No, I didn't mean...I understand that's what you believe, but it's not true. I'm not better than you. I can read bones, but you..you read people. And one skill isn't better than the other, we need them both." She thought for a moment. "Although it is true that I am smarter than you."

"Okay, I get it." He paused. "Maybe I just like to pretend that you need me sometimes."

"I do need you. Sometimes."

He smiled. "Good. Then we're agreed. You don't get a gun!"

"Booth!"

"Okay, I answered your question, now time for mine."

"No. This issue still isn't resolved!"

"Of course it is. You don't get a gun! Besides, why do you need a gun anyway? I always give you mine when you need it."

"But I..."

"Look Bones, can you just humor me, and let me feel needed, at least in this aspect of our relationship?"

She sighed. "Are you trying to make me feel guilty?"

He smiled. "I don't know. Is it working?"

"Fine, but this is not over. Someday I'm going to get a gun."

Booth smiled to himself. Not if I have anything to say about it!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

"Nope. Those two are perfect for each other, and I'm going to make them see it, even if I have to hit them both over the head with a brick to do it!"

LOVE IT!!!

Brennan started to turn away, but he caught her chin with his finger, and turned her back to face him. "I mean it, Temperance. You are beautiful. Don't ever doubt it."

AWWWWWWWW I love BB moments in your fics fly, so ... perfect!
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:15 am

I seriously love this story.
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:42 am

I told you guys, you would love it.
It's perfect, I can't wait to get to read more of it again.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum