Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily Opposes Prop 8

5 posters

Go down

Emily Opposes Prop 8 Empty Emily Opposes Prop 8

Post by willgirl Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:35 am

Emily is mentioned in this article:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Emily Opposes Prop 8 Empty Re: Emily Opposes Prop 8

Post by heirofloki Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:04 am

All I can say is bless her heart! Being in CA, I'm sick of all the prop 8 propaganda they're spreading on TV. I'm glad the SAG took a stand.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:25 am

Good for them! If people want to get married, I say let them! I don't care, it makes no difference to my life. Hey in Canada married couples pay WAY more taxes than single people so if they want to make the legal commitment and pay just like everyone else then let them! My stepsister is a Lesbian and I know her mother cried when it was legalized in Canada because she didn't think she would ever get to see the day that her daughter got married.

As Ellen says....."Don't spread hate, No on prop 8!"

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3452
Say What You Want : Family doesn't stop with blood.
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:35 am

Yay! I love Emily. She's very much a democrat, and i think thats awesome! We too, in florida have amendment 2 which is the same thing, so all the Bones florida residents, vote NO on Amendment 2!!! Very Happy Follow Emily's lead!!!!

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 354
Say What You Want : Dancers do it best.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:54 am

I'm too young to vote but, I hope that prop. 8 gets voted out. Eric Millegan is gay, and I wish him and all of the other gay/lesbian people out there all the luck that prop. 8 is voted no.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:45 pm

does anyone know how this ended up? Our Amendment 2 was "too close to call" But we have a lot of right wing "christians" who want to spread hate in the name of God. If prop 8 passes, does that mean Gays can still marry in California?

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:07 am

If prop 8 passes it means they CAN'T get married.

Bella

Oh and WOOHOO for Barrack Obama winning last night. I'm a Canadian and I was crying. I wish our politics moved me that much. I'm glad that I was able to watch a part of history.

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:09 am

Sadly, it passed.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:13 am

haha Bella be careful all the crazy republicans who are mad about McCain losing want to hop the border into your territory. Don't let it happen, see who they put in office for 8 years and where it led us. Band together up there and keep the crazies out. They can go to Mexico... Unless the Mexicans hate us too, which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

As far as prop 8 goes, I know it meant that if it passes they won't be allowed to get married. But I was asking how it came out? I know obama won California so theres a lot of democrats there, so i was wondering how it turned out.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:14 am

WHAT?! Nooooo! thats horrible! Thats terrible!!!!!!!!! Well Theres still Massachusetts, they have some brains at least.

This is tragic. But we know Emily was a smart voter.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:36 am

Seriously, I am SO dissapointed in the Canadian system right now....we have Stephen Harper, who is a complete nutjob, and was buddies with Bush. We've had three elections in five years and hardly anything has changed. What a waste of taxpayers money. At least in the states EVERY vote counts, in Canada it's kind of a waste of time for the western provinces to vote, because between Ontario and Quebec they have the majority of the seats anyways. I hate politics up here, but I do love that we are socially liberal.

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:43 am

Oh and you can keep the crazy republicans, I hate them!! Haha, I actually agree with 'communism' as a pure idea, I support universal health care, and affordable education for all. I think what has happened in the states is unfortunate. I support soldiers but NOT the war. I hate that Canada is even involved in Afghanistan even though it is a NATO mission. I don't think we should be looking for someone who may or may not be dead, and it isn't the Afghanistan people who are at fault. Bush created an illegal war and if it was any other leader in the world, they would be pulled in front of the world court for crimes against humanity. Just like Vietnam, another completely ILLEGAL war. I never understood his thought process. I think it's kind of funny that whenever the United States votes in a Republican president you can pretty much bet on a war being started, and then the Democrats have to come in and fix it all. Oh well, let's see how this goes, and I can't wait to see the progress that happens with Obama behind the wheel, 'cause at least he's sane.

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:46 am

Teardropsonmyguitar wrote:haha Bella be careful all the crazy republicans who are mad about McCain losing want to hop the border into your territory. Don't let it happen, see who they put in office for 8 years and where it led us. Band together up there and keep the crazies out. They can go to Mexico... Unless the Mexicans hate us too, which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

As far as prop 8 goes, I know it meant that if it passes they won't be allowed to get married. But I was asking how it came out? I know obama won California so theres a lot of democrats there, so i was wondering how it turned out.

Haha, well Palin and McCain won in Alaska, HAHA, they can all stare at Russia together!!

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:01 am

Ok, so I'm watching CNN and apparently, the california results are "unclear" I have no idea what that means, but it's not a decisive "passed", so I'm happy for the No crowd (which includes me, even though I can't vote). I guess the fight's not over, but at least it wasn't the same as 2006 were the ban quite clearly passed in the ballot.

Whatever the case, this country has ways to go w/r/t this subject. I know being a foreigner my opinion only counts for so much, but I do wish for a happy resolution to this matter.

I mean, look at Spain, y'all. They passed Gay Marriage, Catholic Majority and all, and the country's still there. Razz

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:30 am

Canada passed Gay Marriage, and guess what....mine doesn't mean any less! Oh and we didn't explode, nor did the devil show up and steal all our souls!!

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:43 am

Oh, Bella, I hear you. You don't know how much I hear you.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:36 pm

I just don't know what the fear factor is about Gay Marriage. Who cares what other people do in their bedrooms. I figure as long as you are a good person, who the hell cares who you are attracted to! I also believe you are born Gay that it's not a choice! Why would you choose to be persecuted. My stepsister was raised in a household with two older brothers and two older stepsisters. We were raised by the same parents in the same family and I always had a feeling she was gay. When she came out at 14, which is EXTREMELY young, no one was really surprised, did it make me love her any less? No, of course not, she's my sister! She also came out because she knew that we would all accept her and she knew that she would never be interested in boys. Her family was quite religious, and even her very religious Grandmother didn't give a crap. They knew. Maybe because in Canada we have a complete separation of church and state that makes the difference, and yours is still kind of blended. But even still one of my good friends is an Anglican Minister and she has NO problem marrying gay couples. She figures if you are willing to make the commitment to one person for the rest of your lives and willing to do it in front of family and God, then she could care less!

America has come so far and gone backwards so far all in the same election.

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:02 pm

I don't get the fear either. My parents are traditional Catholics and they support gay marriage. The threat discussion is actually beyond them: they don't understand it at all.

And you're right about the setback, Bella. But I like this quote I read in the newspaper today: "That day is not today and it may not be tomorrow but I do not believe it is far off," - Kate Kendell, executive director of the National Center for Lesbian Rights.

They just have to keep on fighting. God bless them.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:44 pm

I also read an article somewhere that said that this was the last barrier to break down, and that it totally trampled gay peoples civil rights. If they tried to ban Hispanics from getting married, or Black people, or Catholics, then there would be riots and people up in arms about it, but because these people are gay, well then it's okay. I really truly hope that America will wake up and realize that it won't be the end of the world.

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:44 pm

Well, hispanics and blacks were forbidden to marry white partners, so you know, that would be kind of redundant, going back there.

And actually, that's one of the reasons I'm so pro-gay marriage. Half my family is Colombian, half my family is American. My brother and I are by heritage black and hispanic, and the children of a mixed marriage. What's even funnier (in a totally unfunny way) is that his GF (who he's totally marrying) is japanese, another ethnic group that suffered segregation before. So, Black latino guy with White japanese girl. Dude, sixty years ago, not only would we (my bro and I) have been the product of an illegal union, my brother and his GF would have been unable to marry and in some states, they would have had to hide from the law.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:50 pm

That's great! I mean, I'm not saying that Canada is the greatest country in the world, we definitely have our racists, and the such. We were awful to Chinese and Japanese people, our Aboriginals were treated terribly and we have a lot of sins to pay for, but we were also a stop on the underground railroad, and I think Black people are about the only group we didn't treat terribly. I know there was a battle when they were trying to pass Gay marriage in Canada, but some provinces passed it on their own, and then the Federal government, which was Liberal(our version of Democrat...kind of) was in power and they passed it into law. When the Conservatives(Republicans) came into power they were going to "review" the law, but realized that if they quashed it there were be no hope in being re-elected. I still think there is a possibility that Stephen "I'm a crazy bastard" Harper would still change it, I hope he doesn't.

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down