Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Match Made in Lisdoonvarna

+4
mereva
Cassiopeia
ToZiKa
ForensicMama
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Match Made in Lisdoonvarna - Page 2 Empty Re: A Match Made in Lisdoonvarna

Post by ToZiKa Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:41 am

make it better now!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:43 am

okay.........we must make this better.............or you must make this better........only you have the power...............

poor bones kicking rocks..........come on woman.............you know they belong together
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:01 am

Thank you for the reviews. LOL I'm a fixer! Very Happy

Chapter 10: Eventually

The porch light darkened his silhouette, making it hard for Brennan to see what was on his face at that moment, but the sound of his voice spoke a myriad of emotions.

She wrapped the gray sweater around herself tighter and took several steps back down the path in the direction she had just come. She looked back at the stoop. "Coming?" She asked.

The two walked side by side down a long road. Stone buildings that had stood for a century or more laced the darkened streets. After ten minutes of walking in muteness, they turned down an gravel street. Mossy trees reached over the road like archaic fingers, causing the full moon's light to flicker over their faces as they walked.

They glanced at one another as they walked, trying to catch glimpses as the light allowed. The houses became more and more sparse and farmland loomed as if from nowhere and everywhere. The countryside rolled and billowed in the horizon, the vibrant green darkened by the night sky into a deep midnight blue that was only highlighted by the glowing orb overhead.

Both Brennan and Booth tried a million times to speak to the other. What had happened at the pub that evening was only one of a thousand examples in the past ten months in which one or the other had walked out in unspoken anger or frustration.

After several minutes more, Booth let his hand slip from his pocket. He slid his fingers down her sleeve until they met with hers. She stiffened at the warmth and familiarity of his hand against hers, then their fingers interwove. Some things are better left unsaid, I suppose. And actions often speak louder than words, as they say. That was true that night as the walked hand-in-hand, each recognizing their mistakes. Each recognizing what they had lost in the last several months.

At last, the road wound around back to the Bed and Breakfast, as if the world were saying that it was time to speak. Booth reached for the rot-iron gate to open it for Bones, he hesitated, then closed it before she could enter. She looked up at him, that versed look of a cornered animal in her eyes. Booth squeezed her hand reassuringly. "I'm not going to hurt you, Bones," he spoke softly, his voice velvet.

She said nothing. She only tried to remoisten her dry mouth.

"Bones, I, uh--" He paused and looked into her eyes, and the clouds cleared away from the moon, allowing Brennan to see the look of defeated sadness in his own eyes. "What happened in January? Look, Bones, I--Every day--" He cleared his throat nervously and looked at their hands, still connected. "How do I say this?" Several seconds, probably a minute or more, passed before he spoke again, this time with more direction. "Temperance, making love to you was indescribable. It was more than sex, Bones. It was you and I... connecting. I feel like every moment we're apart, though, something dies inside of me. There's this thing that's missing. It's--it's not a thing, though, it's you. You're missing. Yeah, we're together like partners, but it's not enough. I know it sounds selfish, but--"

"Booth," she interrupted him. "When--When you said that I was cold--"

"Bones, I'm sorry I said that. I should have never said that. I was hurt. I didn't believe it even as I said it--"

"You were right. It hurt me, yes, but it's true."

"No, it's not. I know you, Bones. You have the biggest heart. You're a little misunderstood..." A smile cracked his lips.

"Booth, I'm telling you you are right."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are!"

"N--Are we arguing over whether or not I was right?"

After a second, she sighed and continued, a slight smile on her own lips, "When I said I could never care for you like that, I lied."

"Why--?"

"I don't want you to leave me." Her voice was soft and uncharacteristically childlike.

Booth pulled her into a hug, but she didn't take the time to enjoy the closeness. She continued to explain.

"You're not bound to me by contract, Booth. You aren't bound to me by principle or precept. It... it's terrifying."

"You think that... if there's no contract to keep me bound to you, then I could just leave at any moment?"

"It's your right to choose to do what you want."

"Then, I'll tell you what I want, Bones. I want you. I want to spend every waking moment with you. I want to wake up with you in my arms, make love to you, fix you breakfast, buy tampons for you," he smiled cheekily. "Kiss you," the smile grew serious. "Grow old with you. Argue with you when we're in diapers. Tease you when we have to get around in those little moped things--"

"Power chairs?" Brennan asked in correction, one eyebrow raised.

"Yeah. I won't even mind you correcting me when our grandkids are sitting on my knee."

Now both eyebrows raised, "Who said we're having children?"

He kissed her and she kissed him back. He slipped his hands around her back as her arms pulled him closer. He rested his forehead against hers, their noses touching, eyes gazing. "Didn't I tell you a long time ago that all things happen eventually?"

"Fine," she answered teasingly. "We'll talk about it."
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:30 pm

Ohhhhhh Mama, so sweet.
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:12 pm

Goood! Clapping my hans in here Smile Is there more to come? I wanna see Hodgins run around naked Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:02 am

I hope there's more to come Smile I wanna see Angela's reaction.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:26 am

He-heeeee... That's way better Very Happy
Angela's reaction, yes! And Hodgins running naked!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:17 am

LOL there is definitely more to come....

And don't we all wanna see Hodgins running around naked? I saw that Christmas episode! Wink
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:15 pm

Chapter 11: Reciprocated Thoughts

They spent an hour more talking to one another. The main theme of the conversation was time lost, time gained. By five, they fell asleep wrapped in each other’s arms. They hadn’t even bothered to take off anything more than their shoes, but nothing could have been more intimate.

At eleven in the morning, they were still sound asleep. Brennan had her head resting on Booth’s shoulder and her arm was wrapped around his taut stomach. The sun glaring in through the single paned glass didn’t even make the two wake from their slumber.

Angela and Hodgins had made it to the center of town in search of lunch. The little farming village was already bustling with residents and tourists alike. The population of 800 had swelled to the tens of thousands as visitors surged into the coastal town in search of love. Angela and Hodgins were not abnormal, walking hand in hand as lovers do, stomachs growling, but eyes drinking in the culture as they meandered.

“Where the hell is Brennan?” Angela muttered, she scanned the horizon as she walked. “I can’t believe she stood me up for breakfast.”

Jack slipped his hand around her waist, pulling her nearer, “Doesn’t matter,” he mumbled with a lovesick tone in his voice. “It gave us plenty of time for you and me this morning.”

She laughed and pushed him away teasingly. They wound there way to the pub where they sat at a ‘snug’ and ate and drank, listening to the music of the live band.

After several minutes, a man in his forties walked by. A crowd followed him to a back room. Angela stood and motioned for Hodgins to sit and finish his meal. She followed the man to the back where a line began to form.

“Here for the matchmaking, dear?” A woman asked. She was rather unattractive, in her thirties or forties, red lipstick making her thick lips appear thicker.

‘The what, now?”

“The matchmaking. Charlie there’s the matchmaker. You’re a fine thing, you’ll get off with a nice Irish boy in no time.” She patted Angela on the shoulder.

Angela raised a brow, “Are you saying this man is the Matchmaker everyone’s been making so much hoo-haw about.”

“Well, now, I don’t know much about hoo-haw, but Charlie is the best Matchmarker in town. His father, and his father’s father, and the man before that were all Matchmakers. He’s got fine blood in him.”

The man waved in the next in line.

“Go ‘head of me,” the woman nodded.

Angela shrugged. What the heck, she thought.

The man smiled at her. Angela sat down in her confident way, “Listen up, Bucko, I’ve got a friend and my friend has a friend, but they’re either both mentally disabled, blind, paralyzed, brain-dead, or deaf. Or a combination of those. I think it’s more of a combination. This might be your hardest case yet. They love each other. I know it. I’m not a stupid woman, Mr.—Charlie, is it? Charlie, Chuck, Charles. The point is, can you help me?”

The man looked totally confused. Maybe it was her foreign accent combined with her quick way of speaking, but poor Charlie didn’t seem to catch a single word of what was said. He did the only thing he could do. He began to question her on what kind of man she was looking for, what her profession was, etc.

Angela quickly cut him off, “Perhaps you have some sort of love spell? I’m not sure how you do this, exactly… Oh! I’ve got it. I bring Booth and Brennan in here, you tell them they belong together and then bing-bang-boom, they’re together!” She stood up, feeling completely jazzed on her plan and the large amount of Guiness she had just downed. She slapped her hands together, bent over and kissed the man on his cheek. “Thanks, Charlie!”

The man only watched as she left. After she was out of sight and the large woman with red lipstick had replaced her, he turned and asked, “Did you catch a single word out of that woman’s mouth?”

The woman shook her head, “Those Jackeens speak too fast for my liking.”

Angela grabbed Hodgins’ hand and whisked him out of the pub. They hot-footed it out of the door and up the street.

“Where are we going, Ange?” He asked, trying to hold back his laughter.

“Back to the B&B to find Booth!”

--

The sunlight filtered through the sheer curtains, making a dappled pattern on Brennan’s face and arms. Booth was still asleep when she opened her eyes. His face was relaxed and REM was in high gear. She gently slid her arm out from beneath him, and lifted the the one that wrapped around his torso.

With the movement, Booth’s eyes flickered open. He looked down on her and grinned. “Hey,” he greeted her.

She smiled back at him, “Hi.”

She lifted onto her elbow so that she looked down on him. He rubbed her bare arm with his free hand, then the hand slipped up behind her neck. They kissed gently. Tongue-free, mind you. Morning breath is a hassle even to these two.

“Good morning, Bones.” Those words felt so good to say. He only hoped he could say them for the rest of his life.

“You will, you know.”

“Hmmm?”

“Say that again. What I said last night was the truth, Booth. I stick by my word.”

“How’d you--?”

“I know you pretty well. Despite the popular theory.”

He grinned and stood up, placing his feet on the carpeted floor. Brennan rolled onto her stomach and watched as he undressed from the clothing he wore the day before. When he got down to his boxers, a wicked thought slipped through Brennan’s mind. Actually, it’s a normal thought. And a totally warranted thought, too.

Booth felt her fingers slip around his waist. They massaged his tight stomach muscles and toyed with his waistband. Not being able to take the closeness any more, Booth turned around. The look in her eyes said it all. It went something like this: I want you and I want you now.

Oh, he reciprocated the thought.

He tipped his head to kiss her, but a pack of gum was thrown in his face. “Gum?” she asked.

“Thanks for the gum.” His eyes twinkled at a far away memory.

Then the fire was back on after they chewed some gum for a second. He slipped the shirt over her head and began kissing her neck and shoulders, slipping her bra strap down to better do the job as she slipped her fingers farther toward the south of his navel.

A knock at the door made the two leap apart like two teens caught necking in the back seat of a car.

“Booth? Are you in there?”

“Angela,” Booth whispered, scrunching his eyes shut tightly and rubbing them, feeling totally disappointed.

Brennan ran to the suitcase and tossed him a pair of jeans to throw on, which Booth did gladly. Brennan put her robe on, covering the clothing from the night before. She changed her mind, realizing how strange it would be that they would be in the bedroom at all together in the afternoon, wearing a robe of all things, let alone the clothes she wore the night before. In a last minute decision, she slipped into the closet.

Booth watched in curiosity, then replied aloud, “Yeah, I’m in here.”

Angela turned the door handle and walked right in.

“What? You’re not gonna wait for me to open it?”

Angela surveyed the goods of the shirtless Booth. Very nice. Very, very nice indeed. “Where’s Bren?”

Booth shrugged, trying to act nonchalant as possible. “The morgue, I guess.”

Angela looked him up and down for several seconds, trying to read that indecipherable look on his face. She smiled and pulled out her cell phone. “I’ll just give her a call.”

“NO!” Booth whipped the phone from her hand.

Angela looked confused, but a little bit amused and curious as well. “Why not?”

“She’s, uh… Bad reception. Try the lobby phone.”

Angela surveyed him some more. There was something going on. Maybe…? Nah. “I’ll just give her a call later. Wanna throw on a shirt and go get some lunch? Hodgins and I are just tippin’ ‘em back at the bar.”

Booth shook his head, “I wouldn’t wanna be a third wheel.”

“No, you won’t be a third wheel. Put on a shirt.”

“I haven’t even gotten a shower or brushed my teeth….”

“What? Did you sleep in? Doesn’t matter. Just throw some water on your hair, your breath smells fine, and I bet you smell better than half the guys at that place anyway. You’ll blend in. You know, smell like a farmer?” She smiled flirtatiously and batted her eyes.

Not being able to think of any more excuses besides, I want to stay here and have sex with your best friend, Booth threw on a shirt, sweater, and shoes, and left the room… and Bones.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:55 am

if Angela ever finds out what exactly she interrupted in this moment she will hate herself!
PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:03 am

Angela is going to hate herself!! Poor Booth was getting all worked up and then BAM! Hurrcane Angela put out the fire. Update soon. Poor Bren is left in the room all by herself.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty_green_eyes Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:51 am

I just got back from a weekend at home and saw too more chapter and they were briliant. i loved the part when angela came in the room and the part about booth smelling like a farmer LOL. i can't wait for more of this story
pretty_green_eyes
pretty_green_eyes
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Aw thank you so so sooooooooo much for the reviews! I'll have some up tomorrow. I haven't had a chance to write today. My little DD is sick today. Sad
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:48 pm

I hope she will be better soon!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:05 pm

Thanks ToZika! DD is still pretty sick and now I suspect that I'm coming down with it, too. I hope I don't, though!

Chapter 12: Seeking You

"This is the guy!" Angela pulled Booth into the small back room of the Matchmaker Bar. The whites of Booth's eyes grew whiter.

"Excuse me?" He whispered sharply to Ange.

Charlie shook hands with both of them, kissing Angela on the cheek in his confident way, "If I might say so, you look gorgeous," he complimented. "Come on in and sit down," he said in his Irish brogue.

Ignoring him, she continued, "Charlie the Matchmarker dude, this is Booth."She sat down, pulling on Booth's sleeve, forcing him to sit beside her. The man took a seat.

"Ange," Booth hissed.

She ignored him.

"So, tell me what you are looking for in a lady," he addressed Booth.

Booth stuttered for a second.

Angela cut him off like a blind man in midday traffic, "He's looking for a woman. Five-eightish, brown hair, blue eyes. Smart. American."

Booth came to his senses and grabbed Ange's arm. "Excuse me," he stood Angela to her feet and took her a few feet to the left. Other women flooded into the room and began to talk to the Matchmaker.

"What are you doing?" Booth asked harshly.

"I'm just trying to help, Booth." Her face said innocent, her actions said devilish.

"Well stop." He marched out of the room, leaving Angela with crossed arms standing alone.

Hodgins meandered up to her through the crowd. "How's that medicine?" He asked.

"Bitter," she replied.

He wrapped his arm around her neck and kissed her cheek. "I know you mean well, but these two are stubborn. Just... I'd just leave it."

Angela wiggled from his grasp. "What about the bet?"

"I won't hold you to it," he grinned.

Her eyes rolled in their sockets. "We'll see about that."

--

Booth ordered lunch for two and took it back to the B&B. He was surprised to find that Brennan had already left. When he entered the room, he imagined that he would find her sitting on the bed and pulling on her shoes. She would look up as he opened the door and he would remember that day at the hospital. But at the same time, he worried that if he had, then it would mean that fate or God or some invisible force was warning him that history does indeed repeat itself.

What if she ran? What if she recanted? What if she told him that everything she had said was alcohol induced.

The room as empty, so Booth pulled off his jacket and crossed the room to the bed, where he sat for a moment and scanned the room for a note. He leaned forward, placing his forehead in his hands defeatedly.

What had happened last night? His only fear, however, wasn't that it was a mistake, it was that she would think it was.

A soft knock at the door drew him to his feet. At first he thought it was Bones, but he realized she wouldn't knock on her own door. He opened the door to find Hodgins, his hands tucked into his pockets, an unrecognizable look on his face.

"Can I come in?"

Booth shrugged and opened the door wider and let Jack enter. He seemed nervous as he entered. He fidgeted with his hair, his hands, the zipper on his leather jacket.

"What's up?"

Hodgins took a seat. Booth sat beside him.

He hesitated, then spoke, "Angie's uh... Hey, do you..."

Booth's brow raised. "What is it, man?"

"Do you love Brennan? Just puttin' it out there." He crossed his arms over his chest.

Booth was the next to hesitate. He and Bones hadn't talked about telling anyone about their night. "She's my partner." The words felt odd now on his mouth, despite the years of practice.

Hodgins nodded and changed his tactic. "Do you want her?"

Booth laughed. "What's with the inquisition?"

"Angie's--Ever since we got back together she's trying to get everyone who breathes together, you know... It's-- nothing."

His face said that there was something. Something else. "What is it, Hodgins?"

Hodgins stood. "I was just making sure. But just in case, Brennan kind of blew past us in the lobby, didn't say a word or anything."

"Did she seem upset?"

"Nah. Well, maybe."

Booth jumped to his feet and grabbed his jacket. "Which way did she go?"

"I don't know. She jumped in the rental and drove West."

Booth didn't even hear the rest of what he had to say, he ran out the door, bumping into Georgia Ferryman as he went.

"George, sorry."

The woman grinned at her nickname. "Looking for Tempe?"

Booth nodded. "Yeah, did you see where she went?"

"She stopped before heading out of town. She said she was heading to Doolin."

"That's the place with the cliffs?"

"The Cliffs of Moher, yes."

Booth began to run.

"Wait!"

He turned around.

"Use my car." She tossed the keys at Booth.

"Thanks..."

"It's faster," she smiled. Then she said in a soft, thoughtful voice, "I've known Temperance Brennan for over a decade. She deserves to be happy."

Confused at the statement, considering he had said nothing about going to "find" her because of their relationship, he decided to say nothing, wasting no time for his quest.

He jumped into the car and started it up. He backed out and raced toward Doolin.

The roads were paved and wet from a recent storm. The gray path streaked through the vibrant green land. He never noticed. He drove like the little car was made of air. The only thing in his path was a farmer and a small heard of cattle crossing to a nearby field. After that, the road was clear and after what seemed like a heartbeat, he entered the small town of Doolin.

He drove toward the Cliffs of Moher. He parked as close as he could, but he had to walk the equivalent of a block or two. A stiff wind blew as he approached the steep cliffs that were framed by the most brilliant blue sky. He searched the horizon, seeing tourists and locals. Some took photos, others watched the ocean with binoculars or video cameras.

He thought he saw her a few times among the crowds, but it was always a different woman. Too tall, too short, too young, too old. Never were they remotely as beautiful as she.

Then he spotted her. She stood with her back to him, the breeze tussling her hair, her fingers pulling the gray sweater tighter around her waist trying to block out the cool wind.

The sea of faces soon disappeared, dissolving into nothingness. The wind grew calm, the air grew a little bit warmer. The lights dimmed. Voices muted, the sea ceased its tossing and churning.

"Bones."

She turned, tucking a fly away strand behind her ear.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty_green_eyes Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:16 pm

Best chapter yet. you metioned Doolin. you may find this strange but i have never been there or to the cliffs of moher.
pretty_green_eyes
pretty_green_eyes
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:02 pm

I hope they are okay....she isn't running away from him again, right?

Your sick now too?
that's not good
I really hope that the both of you will be feeling better soon!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:45 am

I'm feeling better this afternoon. I didn't get much sleep, feeling like I was going to spew, but that has passed. Thank goodness! Very Happy

Chapter 13: Every Breath

The sun was bright behind her, making the irises of her eyes seem almost white.

"Booth," she shook her head confusedly.

He said nothing more. He took two large strides toward her, wrapping one hand around her waist, and the other held her face.

She swallowed nervously, "I think we need to talk." Her voice quavered.

"Only if you tell me one thing."

"Wh- What's that?" She noticed how dry her mouth was and her whole body was trembling under his gaze.

"Tell me you love me," he whispered. "Tell me that you feel the way that I do about you. Tell me--Tell me that you can't live another day without me. That you want to wake up beside me every morning."

"Booth--"

"Tell me, Bones," his voice grew stronger, and deeper. The look in his eyes spoke more than words could ever speak. "Tell me that you want me to hold you. Kiss you. Make love to you by candlelight."

He paused, but she didn't say anything. He averted her eyes, trying to keep them dry.

"Tell me that you want to curl up together on Saturday mornings. Read the paper. Drink coffee in bed. Take the--Take the day off, Bones, and just spend time together all day, making love."

She drew in a tremulous breath and a tear escaped down her right cheek. "I--"

"Tell me that this wasn't a dream, Bones. Tell me that you don't want to waste another breath--"

"Booth, I ca--" Another tear escaped.

"Bones," he knelt on one knee. She tried to pull him back to his feet.

"What are you doing, Booth?"

"I want to share every moment with you, Temperance."

"Booth," she begged. He held her hand in his firmly, not letting her retract it.

"Bones," he said firmly. "I need to say this to you."

She knelt, too, desperately trying to make the eyes all around boring into her head disappear.

"I don't know how long I've loved you. It seems like moments of loving you turned into hours, and hours turned into months and years. I need to share these hours, these moments, these years with you. I want to be next to you for the rest of our lives. I want you to be the last person I see each night and the first person I see each morning. This is torture, Bones. Loving you, not knowing if you love me. I can't fight how I feel about you any longer. Every day when I get out of bed, you're the one I think about. You're the thought that keeps me going. I want to share my life with you."

"Booth--"

"Bones."

"Let me speak." He let her talk, although it was the one thing he didn't want her to do, considering she tends to over-think. "When I woke up this morning-- It was wonderful. And we didn't even have--make love." The trembling ceased. "I scares me, knowing that somebody can love me this much. I've never had-- I just don't know if I'm good for you, Booth."

"Of course you are." He drew her close, brushing his lips against hers. She pushed him away, both hands on his chest.

"You deserve someone who's less work. Someone who wants children and marriage and--"

"Temperance, there's nobody in this world who is more perfect for me. This thing, me loving you--It's not new. I've loved you for a while now," He kissed her again, she pushed him back again.

"How long is a while?"

"A few years," he grinned.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I was scared, I guess."

The two looked into each other's eyes for several seconds. Those words weakened what was left of her resolve. "You were scared?"

"I didn't want to lose you. But what I found out is that I was losing more by not being with you."

The worried look on her face melted and she smiled, "You can kiss me now."

He smiled and let his hand trace her collar bone, she wrapped her arms around his neck. Their lips met. The release of those words also awoke a release of passion. As if reading one anothers' minds, they both opened their mouths, letting their tongues explore each other's mouthes. Their tongues danced, tangoed, twisted. Lightning ran from their tongues to their toes, igniting pleasures that had not yet been tapped. He sucked lightly on her tongue, driving her mad. She sucked back. They entangled their arms, fingers explored the skin beneath their shirts, tight back and abdominal muscles, soft skin.

Visitors walked by, mothers averted their children's gazes.

Booth was the first to finally realized where they were.

"Let's go back to the room," his voice was heavy, his cheeks were flushed.

"I'll beat you there," she smiled.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:12 am

glad you are feeling better Mama
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Thank you! Very Happy I'm feeling tons better tonight. Very Happy
Oh I love the new forum background!!!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty_green_eyes Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:48 pm

i so glad your feeling better. this chapter was the most romantic chapter of any fanfiction i have ever read. i can't wait for the next chpter
pretty_green_eyes
pretty_green_eyes
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:55 am

if you always write things like that when you were sick you should be sick more often Wink
very romantic......I'm happy that she isn't running again....

can't wait for more

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:29 pm

Chapter 14: The Big Conspiracy

When they entered town, the narrow street was filled to the brim with people of all races, colors, and nationalities. People were gathering around to see the who would be announced as Mr. Lisdoonvarna--a King of the Festival honor. Brennan pulled to the side of the road, as did Booth.

He jumped out of the car and ran up to her. "What the hell is going on here?"

Brennan shrugged, "It must have something to do with it being the final weekend of the festival."

"Then we should run."

She looked at him blankly. "What?"

He reached over and held her hand. "I don't know about you, but I've waited long enough."

She nodded slowly, a smile growing on her face, "I concur."

"Is that Squint for OK?"

"Let's run."

Booth grinned and the two began to weave slowly through the crowd, Brennan practically dragging Booth, a far cry from the dead run that they both were longing to break into.

Hodgins and Angela were somewhere in the crowd. Mr. Lisdoonvarna in all his glory was being thronged by women and admirers.

Angela crossed her arms, a crease forming between her eyes. Hodgins looked over at her, noticing how she was completely oblivious of the mayhem around her. Hodgins grabbed her hand and they walked outside of the crowd so they could hear one another above the voices of the crowd and the wailing music.

"What's wrong?"

"I think I pissed off Booth," she bit the inside of her mouth and began to shake a bit.

Hodgins made an attempt at a carefree laugh, "Why do you think that?"

"I think I stuck my nose in too far. I don't know why I did. I don't usually do that, but--" she paused and looked at Hodgins. "I guess I just wanted Brennan and Booth to have what we have. Happiness."

Hodgins reached up and rubbed her arms gently. "I never doubted for a second that you only had the best of intentions, Ange. Booth and Brennan, they'll probably be one of those couples who finally admit that they might like each other on their death beds. You know, when her breasts reach her ankles and he's too old to lift it."

They shared a strained laugh.

"You know what?"

"Hmm?" He muttered as he kissed her neck.

"Stop it."

"Stop what? I'm only enjoying my vacation."

"I've learned somethin--"

He cut her off with a passionate kiss.

She pushed him back gently. "I've learned something. I'm going to mind my own business from now on. I don't know what got into me. Have you ever felt that you've been type-casted to butt into everyone's business?"

He shrugged. "I think I know what you mean. If I were a fictional person, I'd probably be type-casted to always talk about conspiracies and stuff."

She smiled and kissed him. "But you haven't said a thing about conspiracies this entire trip. Not that I can recall, anyway."

Angela wrapped her arms around Jack's neck and the two began to kiss as the crowds moved past like a school of fish moving in unison toward the bar.

At that moment, Hodgins was pushed off balance, nearly pushing Angela down.

"Hey, bucko!" Hodgins and Angela looked angrily in the direction of the violent shove just in time to see Brennan and Booth running toward the B&B hand in hand. They paused at the gate, his hands caressing her face, hers pulling at his jeans, lips exploring, bodies pressing tightly together.

"Wow." Angela exhaled.

Hodgins only shook his head, face serious. Then a cheeky grin grew on his face and his sky blue eyes glittered mischievously. "I knew it."

"What? What did you know?" Angela asked, not taking her eyes off the lovers as they reached the door and ran into it.

"That they loved each other all along."

Angela eyed him suspiciously, knowing that it was coming.

"It's a conspiracy."

She rolled her eyes, then pulled him close for a kiss.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:47 pm

a conspiracy?
Hodgins can find conspiracies everywhere, right?
But it's good that they saw them......now they hopefully won't interrupt again....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:23 am

so cute
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down