Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twist in the Trawler (BB, Angst, K+)

+3
heather2410
Cassiopeia
ForensicMama
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Twist in the Trawler (BB, Angst, K+) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Twist in the Trawler (BB, Angst, K+)

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:25 am

Chapter 25
________

It was 11:45 and Temperance had lost patience waiting for Booth. She had dressed into a camisole and shorts for bed. She was standing in front of the refrigerator trying to figure out something to eat before bed. She finally settled on an apple and sat on her couch. She crunched away as she read a large book of epic poetry.

She was half way through Joan of Arc by Robert Southey when Booth knocked at the door. Bones knew immediately who it was. She walked to the door and peeked through the peep hole. She saw Booth with Thai food at hand. "Always the Thai food." She laughed and opened the door.

Booth's eyes immediately scanned the background for boyfriends. He invited himself in and they sat together on the couch and discussed the case. They would have to look into the investigation that was already done on Victim C by Hayes. Hayes had suspected a man by the name of Wallace, but could never prove a thing. That's where they would go tomorrow.

Booth watched as his beautiful parter, thin and feminine with striking blue eyes, nibbled at her chopstick full of noodles. He talked lightly about the case, about Parker's big game coming up this week, the weather... but the whole time he talked, he was thinking about her eyes, her smile, the way she laughed when she thought something was really funny. It was worth it to act goofy... and when she did finally get a joke... it was so worth it. It was worth it to see her eyes glitter and for Bones to forget her professionalism for a second and just laugh.

Why couldn't he just tell her how he felt? The kiss on the ice... it was so wonderful. He still remembered what it was like to hold her in his arms, he still felt the warmth and pressure of her hands in his. If only being together didn't mean that the one woman he cared for most in this world would be in greater danger. That's why he hadn't mentioned the kiss. Maybe it was best if he just moved on. But how could he? He hated seeing Hayes flirting with Brennan. He hated the thought of him taking her to dinner, teasing her, flirting with her... not knowing a thing about her.

"It's getting late... I should go." That's how he ended the conversation. His eyes had glanced at the clock in the middle of their conversation. It was already one in the morning.

"Yeah. I need to get to bed. We should probably talk to Wallace in the morning."

Booth walked to the door and opened it. Every time he walked away from her... leaving her alone in the apartment. It was the hardest thing... What if somebody hurt her while he wasn't around?

"Good night." He said as he closed the door.

"Night." Bones looked at the clock. How could it be so late already? It seemed like Booth had just walked through the door!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Twist in the Trawler (BB, Angst, K+) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Twist in the Trawler (BB, Angst, K+)

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:25 am

Chapter 26

Bones and Booth walked up to a small house at the edge of the city. It was once white, but the paint was peeling back and it looked more gray than anything. Lumber and pieces of metal sheeting were nailed over random widows. Rust stains streaked one side of the house. A rottweiler who was chained to the fence barked loudly and ferociously as they approached the front door.

"Are you sure this is Wallace's place? It looks abandoned." Bones reached into her purse and brought out a large handgun. It took both of her hands to hold it up as they approached the house.

Booth took out his gun, glanced at Bones' gun and rolled his eyes. "What's with you and huge guns?"

"What's with you and little ones?" She smiled slyly back at him.

"It's not little... it's standard issue. And it does the job." He put his finger over his lips to indicate that they had to whisper. He peeked through a crack between the wood that was nailed on the windows. "I can see someone moving around in there." He saw a shadow walking around in the living room. He motioned for Bones to stand back. She stood on the other side of the door with her back against the siding. "WALLACE! FBI! WE JUST WANNA TALK TO YOU!" The shadow held still, then rushed toward the back of the house. "He's on the move!" He rushed around the house, Bones went around to the other side.

Booth had to scale a fence, so Bones met the man first. "Stop! FBI!" She swung at the man, who was about six feet tall and two hundred and fifty pounds. He was deceptively quick. He ducked and swung back at Bones, hitting her squarely on her cheek. She fell to the ground just as Booth rounded the corner. Bones swung her leg out and tripped Wallace to the ground. She stood up and stepped on his neck, holding him down. "Move and I'll crush your trachea!" Wallace, who was struggling for breath, only grunted.

Booth reached for the man's arm, pulled him to a stand, and cuffed him. "Why'd you run, Wallace?"

"You yelled FBI. I ran. It was a reaction."

"A reaction to what? To knowing that the jig was up? That we found you? That we found more bodies?"

"More--More bodies? Look, man, I had nothing to do with that. I didn't kill no one!"

Booth started walking the man to the vehicle. "We'll just have to talk more when we're at the Bureau, huh?" He turned to Bones, "Nice work."

Last edited by ForensicMama on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:26 am

Chapter 27

Outside of the interrogation room, Booth examined Bones' cheekbone with his finger under her chin. A purple bruise was beginning to show up. "He hit you hard..."

"It doesn't hurt."

Booth smiled his charm smile, "I'll get you some ice. It'll keep it from bruising badly." He walked down the hallway to the little kitchen where he disappeared from sight.

Bones pressed on her bruise with her finger to determine how large the bruise was. It did hurt. Wallace's knuckles made excellent contact with her Zygomatic process. "Ow." She pulled her finger from her growing bruise.

Booth jogged back down the hall. He walked up to Bones and placed the ice on her cheekbone. He held it there for her. Neither said a word as they simply exchanged looks. Booth smiled. Bones couldn't help but to smile back. "That smile," she thought.

Caroline Julian watched the whole scene from a few steps away. She had a bone to pick when it came to Wallace. She interrupted the scene by addressing Booth, "Is it warm in here, Cher, or is it just me?"

Bones reached up and held the ice for herself.

"It's, uh, It's pretty warm in here. What's up Caroline?" Booth asked.

"Why are you holding Larry Wallace? There is no evidence connecting him to the the murders of either of the victims you found."

"Because that son of a b**ch hit my partner."

"I can see that, Cher. You've got twenty four hours, then the judge wants him released. Go do your stuff." She nodded at the interrogation room door.

Booth watched as she walked away, then said to Bones, "Why don't you just listen in."

"Why, Booth? I want to be in there when you interrogate him."

"He hit you, Bones. Now he'll think he has some sort of power over you."

"He has no power over me. Nobody does. Besides, I think I could be helpful in there."

"I think you're probably more help on the other side of the two way glass, Bones."

Bones looked annoyed and angry. "Fine." She walked into the room next to the interrogation room and closed the door furiously.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:27 am

Chapter 28
_________

Angela and Hodgins were alone in Brennan's office. Angela was lounging on the couch, while Jack was lounging beside her and kissing her neck and lips.

Angela smothered a laugh, "Bren's gonna kill us when she finds out that we've been doing the horizontal hula on her couch."

"When she finds out?"

"Oh... she'll find out." Angela laughed.

Kissing her neck and shoulders, Hodgins replied, "Well, as long as she doesn't shine her little LED flashlight thingy on the sofa, I think we should be fine."

Brennan walked in unexpectedly to see Hodgins practically making love to her best friend on her couch. Bones immediately spun around to give Angela a chance to put her shirt back on.

Booth walked in and also immediately spun around, "Woah!"

"How often, exactly, do you two defile my love seat?" Brennan asked.

Booth shrugged, "Didn't know I'd get a free show today. Guess it's my lucky day."

Bones immediately swatted his arm. "Booth! You're disgusting!"

Hodgins piped up, "Well, if the manufacturers didn't want this couch to be defiled, they wouldn't have called it a love seat."

"He has a point." Booth said. He chuckled to himself.

Bones swatted him again. Booth held his arm. "Ow, Bones!"

"I'm deceptively strong."

"It's not that you're strong. It's those d*mn skinny fingers of yours. They're like whips!" Booth whined.

"It's a conspiracy!" Hodgins was still talking about the love seat.

Angela, still laughing, dragged Hodgins from the room. Before leaving, she said, "Hey, Bren. Do you have anything planned for Wednesday? I was thinking we could hang out if you don't."

"Yes. Booth has dibs on me."

"Maybe Friday, then?"

"Sure." Then under her breath, "Why does everyone want to do something on Wednesday?"
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:27 am

Chapter 29

Tuesday night Agent Booth was driving his partner, Temperance Brennan to the Jeffersonian.

Booth kept looking over at Bones. She seemed to have a distant look in her eyes. "What are you thinking?"

"About the case. Hodgins found that all of the bodies were drowned, then moved. Their hands," She held up her hands with her wrists together. "were tied together. Same with the wrists. Victims B and C who were found with more flesh on their bodies were found with rope burns on the ankles and wrists. The rope was removed prior to dumping. The killer's smart, Booth. Like he knows how to avoid capture..."

"Like he's working from the inside. Another cop?"

"Precisely. I think your original hypothesis was correct, Booth." Brennan looked back out the window. "Victim A, the older of the bodies still had bits of rope around the ankles. The killer messed up. He's getting smarter. My grad students are examining the fibers tonight."

"You're not going to examine them yourself?" Booth asked. He seemed a little surprised.

"No. I'm going home early. As soon as we get back to the Jeffersonian."

"Another date with Prince Charming?" Booth's voice seemed a little disappointed, but he tried hard to hide it behind a sarcastic tone.

"Yes..." Bones looked at Booth, who made eye contact with her. "He's NOT Prince Charming, Booth. I'm thinking about breaking it off with Landon tonight."

Secretly, Booth was dancing in his head. He sang to himself, "You can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man, no time to talk..." He did a little dance in his mind before answering, "I'm--I'm sorry to hear that Bones."

"He's not as charming as I thought. Can you believe he actually made a comment about me not ordering wine at the restaurant? He had the nerve to ask how he was going to get me into bed without alcohol!"

Booth laughed.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:28 am

Chapter 30
________

Tuesday
10:37 PM

Seeley Booth sank comfortably into his overstuffed black leather sofa. It had been a long day. Not only had he been interrogating suspects all day, but he also came home early to practice baseball with Parker. This was the first time he had a chance to sit all day. His thoughts wandered to his son. He was getting so big. They really do grow up too fast. Now he was on second base on his baseball team... not T-Ball, baseball.

Not only did he have that as a part of his day, but he also talked face-to-face to Rebecca for the first time since that uncomfortable incident a couple of weeks ago. Rebecca pulled Seeley aside after Parker came in for dinner. She was upset that he had a girlfriend over when he was supposed to be watching Parker. And not just any girlfriend, but Dr. Brennan, who they had taken pains to explain the difference between "work partner" and "lover-partners." Now he was probably going to start asking questions about Seeley and Temperance marrying, how are babies made. He was seven. He was too young to be asking such questions. Besides, that was probably more of Seeley's job than hers. And now he was probably going to ask Rebecca and not his own father.

What a headache!

No, Rebecca, it was all a misunderstanding. He explained the late flight, the fact that Bones was up until nearly 3 AM before she decided to sleep over. It wasn't like it was freaking spin the bottle. They weren't playing house with their son.

Booth turned on the television to try to divert his thoughts. Rebecca could be a VERY high maintenance woman. He was probably better off single if all women were like her. And he was certainly better off without being with Rebecca. But there was always that sharp pain of what-would-have-been if she had said yes to his proposal.

Then his thoughts went to Bones. She was on a date with that Hayes guy. He was a slimeball. Good thing Bones was cutting it off. If she didn't...

His favorite show came on, "Skeletons". He loved the witty humor mixed with usually gory cases. The best part was the chemistry between the two main characters. They reminded him of people he knew, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

Booth's phone, which was on the end table by his arm began to vibrate. He reached over, but whoever was on the other line had already hung up. Booth clicked over to the call records and saw that it was Bones. Booth looked at the clock. 10:37.

"Let's see what Bones wants." Maybe she wanted comfort. "I bet Hayes took it hard... he's probably crying like a little girl, huddled in the fetal position on the kitchen floor..." Booth called her back, but instead of the answering machine or Bones herself picking it up, he got a very different answer:

"I'm sorry, this number has been disconnected or is no longer in service. Please check the number and dial again."

Booth's face scrunched. His heart beat a little faster as adrenaline set in...
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:29 am

Chapter 31
_________

Tuesday
10:29 PM

Temperance walked into Landon's apartment. He held the door out for her. Their date actually went really well... surprisingly well. He was actually really wonderful. Almost uncharacteristically wonderful. He opened the door for her. He said the right things. His jokes were even funny and made her laugh.

The lights were all off, so Landon reached to a little knob and turned on the lights in the living room as they walked in. Candles were lit and flickered in the windows. Had he been planning a romantic evening for the two of them? He was awfully confident for it being only the fourth date.

At this point, though, he might get lucky, she thought to herself.

Landon left Temperance in the living room as he left down the hallway to his bedroom. He said he had to change his shirt.

That gave Brennan a chance to look around. Photos of Landon in his uniforms, military, police, and finally as the chief of police decorated the walls and entertainment center. One photo in particular looked very familiar. It was of Landon and a certain man shaking hands. The face of the man looked very familiar. Temperance shrugged. She most likely met him at the FBI. She always did that. She would meet people and not be able to recall their names afterward. That was one of the reasons why she was denied the promotion by Dr. Goodman.

Oh, well... it was better this way. If she got Cam's job, then she probably would be too busy to go out in the field with Booth. "If I got another chance to get that job, would I take it?" Temperance thought. "Probably not." Who was she? She was turning down promotions... even hypothetical promotions. But why? She loved her job. Her current job. She loved working in the field with Booth. It was fascinating. Not only was it fascinating to learn what the inner workings of the minds of the people who committed horrendous crimes was like, but it was also fascinating to see her job from another perspective. From Booth's perspective, especially.

Booth was a genius. Not the average genius that one might associate the word "genius" with... he had a different type of genius. He was a genius with reading people. He read her. Like a book. When nobody else in the world could. He could read her. Daffodil. He knew her favorite flower. Daisy, her second favorite, Jupiter her favorite planet. Her favorite smurf, Smurfette. Pigs. She loved pigs. They were extremely clean and intelligent creatures. Italian food. He knew she hated the stuff... same with apple pie.

Temperance laughed to herself as she thought. Her smile quickly disappeared. Wait a second, she thought. There I go again. I'm thinking of Booth on a date!

Landon came into the room again. He had a new shirt on, a regular tee shirt on this time. He was dressed very casually. He held two glasses of red wine. Fine, she thought to herself. I'll drink the f***ing wine! Maybe I can get these thoughts of Booth out of my head.

Landon was a very handsome man. He was... perfect. He was definitely her type. Why didn't she feel anything? Temperance wrote it off as being her preoccupation with thoughts of Booth.

"You're looking very lovely this evening, Temperance." Landon smiled.

"Thank you." She reached out and grabbed the glass of wine.

"Look, Temperance. I want to apologize for my comment the other night at Ernesto's. It was totally out of line. I have no excuse talking to a lady like that... especially a lady so beautiful as yourself."

Temperance blushed at the memory. "It's... it's alright."

"I guess I was just nervous."

Brennan felt relieved when he said this. She could finally get something off from her own chest. "I understand, Landon. I have to admit that I have been nervous myself."

"Yeah?"

"Yes. I have to apologize. I haven't been giving you my full attention. It's the case. It's always on my mind."

Landon smiled. "How is that going, by the way? Sorry I haven't been more involved."

"It's all right. The FBI thought it was best you weren't involved... some stupid thing about you being a possible suspect."

"What?"

"Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Why am I a suspect?"

Conversation! Thank G*d they were conversing. Temperance was feeling so much more at ease now. "It's nothing to worry about. We discovered that the victims that were discovered in the ocean were all police officers. Booth thinks it was an inside job."

"An inside job? I can't imagine any of my men doing such a thing." Hayes' eyes wandered to the glasses of wine. His cheeks turned a deep red. He reached out and grabbed Temperance's glass. "I'm so sorry."

"What?"

"I gave you a dirty glass. Guess the dishwasher didn't get it all. I hate it when that happens." He walked into the kitchen. Temperance reached into her pocket and fished out her cell phone. It was 10:35. It was still pretty early by anyone's standards.

Landon returned with a fresh glass of wine. "Sorry about that. Now where were we?"

He took a seat beside Temperance on the couch. He leaned forward and kissed her. Temperance kept her lips sealed throughout the kiss. It was really odd that he was already leaning in for a kiss.

Landon pulled away. "Is it too soon?"

"Just a-- Just a little. Sorry."

"No, no. It's OK." He took a gulp from his glass.

Temperance stared at her glass. She thought, "I should just take a drink. Maybe I'll relax a bit. Maybe Booth will get out of my head if I do."

Temperance reached for the wine glass.

It was 10:36.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:30 am

Chapter 32

Temperance reached for her wine glass and took a drink.

Landon jumped to his feet and walked to the window.

Immediately her feet began to feel numb. Temperance stood to her feet. "I feel funny. I think I should go h--"

Before that last syllable could leave her lips, she fell limply to the ground, her cell phone and the glass of wine both fell with her.

From the corner of her eye, she could see Landon blowing out the candles and closing the shades.

Temperance's heart raced. Her blood ran cold.

With every last bit of strength, she moved her index finger over to her cell phone and pushed the call button. She knew that Booth was the last person she called. He could hear the whole thing. Her finger pressed on the green button. It was the hardest she had ever done. It was amazing how much strength and concentration it took just to push down on that little button.

Temperance's hands went numb.

Landon was quick. He picked up the cell phone and pushed off. "Can't have you calling for help, Temperance. We don't want that, do we?" Temperance could hear him fumbling with the cell phone. She guessed he was taking out the battery. After a moment, he put several pieces of plastic onto the coffee table. "That would be the battery and cell phone."

Landon rolled Temperance onto her back so she could see his face. "I really didn't want to have to do this, Temperance. We were having such fun. Really. It's just that you are too smart. I can't have you finding out that I killed all of those police officers. Why did I do it, you ask? They were in the way." Landon left the room. For a few seconds, Temperance was alone. Did Booth get the call? Would he even guess that there was something wrong? She couldn't even scream for help. She could only blink and breathe. What did this man have in mind? The picture... the man in the photograph was Carl Diller. No wonder he looked so familiar. Hayes said he never met the man.

Hayes returned. This time with rope. "Why the rope?" He spoke to Temperance. "Because it's fun, really. Can't mess with the classics. Plus it would be a shame if your dose wore off and you ran off to go tell the FBI friend of yours." Hayes bent over and tied up her hands, then her feet. "I was going to let you live for a while there. Especially after our date tonight. You were VERY very convincing. Very sexy in your dress, too, by the way. That low cut number you've got on is a lot better than that black nun dress you wore our first date. You stole my heart, Temperance." Hayes took out some duct tape. He tore off a piece and placed it gently on her mouth. "And now I'm going to steal yours."

Temperance began to breathe heavier. It was as if she hoped if she breathed loud enough, then Booth would be able to hear her.

Hayes picked up her wrists which were tied together and pulled her to the bathroom. "Do you know what I like to do after a long day, Temperance? I like to take a nice long soak. I'll run a bath for you."

Hayes reached over and lifted Temperance up and placed her in the bathtub. He squatted beside the tub and turned on the water. "Too warm? I don't want to burn you."

"What? He doesn't want to burn me? Oh, G*d, Booth, please come!" A tear ran down Temperance's cheek. Landon reached over and wiped it off.

"It doesn't hurt, Temperance. From what I read, though, your lungs burn like they're on fire, then your head throbs. Then you go to sleep. My suggestion is that you just take in a big breath of water. It'll go faster that way."

The water was up to Temperance's chin by now.

"I bet your curiosity is killing you, Temperance. Why did I do what I did to those men? I'll be more specific. They were in my way from becoming who I am today. The Police Chief of D.C. Besides, at my rank, I can easily run my cocaine business without anybody getting in my way. Why don't people give it to the little guys, Temperance? The entrepreneurs? I'm only trying to make a living. Do you think that this house could be bought on a Police Chief's salary? I think not."

Temperance sucked in a deep breath through her nose. The water rose above her nose and eyes within a few seconds. She watched as Hayes pulled the shower curtain from the rod.

"That's probably for the body... Please, Booth, come quick." Temperance's lungs began to burn.

Last edited by ForensicMama on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 33

Temperance watched Hayes through the water. Her eyesight kept turning black, then back to normal from the lack of oxygen.

She could see Hayes moving about the bathroom. "What is he doing?" she asked herself. Hayes squatted once again beside the water. "He likes this part," Temperance thought. "He likes watching people die. Why didn't I see this coming? Why didn't I see that it was him all along?"

Last edited by ForensicMama on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 34
_________

Seeley Booth drove up to the large white house at the end of Powell Street. The shades were drawn and the house was dark. He turned off his lights half way down the road so he was less visible.

Booth ran stealthily out of the black SUV and up to the front door of the house. He peeked through the glass on the front door. The glass, which was etched, distorted what was inside, so he couldn't see much. He drew his weapon.

"I swear to G*d if Hayes has Bones I'm going to blow his head off," Booth thought.

Booth reached for the door handle. It was unlocked. He slowly turned the handle.

Booth looked through the crack he created and surveyed the living room. Nobody was there. He spotted a cell phone on the table with the battery and back cover taken off. He recognized it as being Bones' cell. Her purse lay beside the leg of the coffee table.

"Bones is here," he assured himself.

Booth heard the sound of a man's voice which was drowned by running water coming from the back of the house. Booth came in slowly. He carefully closed the door behind him. "What could he be doing to Bones?" His mind raced. What was he doing? Was Bones even alive still?

With his back pressed against the wall, he made it slowly down the hallway. Eventually he caught sight of Hayes. He was moving around the bathroom. "Is he cutting her up in the bathtub?" Booth braced himself. It was possible that he was going to see a horrible crime. He pushed back his emotion.

Booth crept slowly up to Hayes with his glock aimed right at his head.

Last edited by ForensicMama on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:31 am

Chapter 35

Temperance could see a shadow coming up behind Hayes. Was it an accomplice? Was it Booth? She watched as the shadow came closer.

Chapter 36

"FBI, Hayes." Booth spoke quietly so he wouldn't startle Hayes.

Hayes didn't move. He kept watching the water rise higher and higher. "Agent Booth. Fancy seeing you here."

"Shut the h#ll up and put your hands in the air."

"Was it the call? I thought it hadn't gone through." Hayes' voice was sarcastic and strange. It was the typical serial killer-crazy voice. It was frighteningly calm.

Booth scanned the room and saw brown hair and a bare knee protruding from the water in the bath tub. With more urgency in his voice, he spoke louder, "PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!"

"Of course." Hayes, who had been kneeling over the bath tub, stood up slowly and turned around. In his hand was the knife that he used to cut the marks in his victims' hands. He made the motion that he was going to throw the knife at Booth. Booth pulled the trigger. Hayes dropped the knife. His face was stunned. Blood foamed from his mouth. He touched the wound on his chest. "You son of a bi--" His eyes glazed over and rolled into the back of his head. Hayes fell to his knees and onto the very shower curtain was meant for Temperance.

Booth quickly stepped over the body and reached in the water for Bones. He took her into his arms and pulled her out of the water. She was still very limp. Booth's heart held still. "Oh, G*d..." He muttered. "Oh, no."

Booth rushed Bones into the living room. He carefully placed her body onto the carpet. Booth leaned over Bones' body and put his ear on her chest. He heard the sweetest sound, her heart beating. It was beating very slowly. That was most likely due to the drugs Hayes used on her, but it was beating!

Booth looked into Brennan's eyes. He saw her blink. A smile came to his lips. He laughed. He laughed because she was alive when a moment before he thought she was dead. He laughed because he was thankful. He laughed because Bones was alive. Brushing her hair from her face, he leaned down and kissed her on her forehead.

Last edited by ForensicMama on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:32 am

Chapter 37

Wednesday afternoon, Temperance stood in front of the mirror in her bathroom. Her hair curled softly around her face and she had a white top and printed yellow and white skirt on. Temperance still had no idea what Booth had in mind.

Every so often memories of the night before would flash by, but she tucked those memories into the same storehouse where her other horrible memories were kept. Memories of her father and mother leaving her, memories of the agent named Jamie nearly feeding her to the dogs, memories of the gravedigger, memories of Zack. They were all tucked into a part of her memory hidden deep beneath all of her good memories. She had to do that. She wouldn't be able to get up in the morning if she didn't hide those memories away.

Brennan leaned toward the mirror and applied a light pink lipstick. She still had no idea what Booth had in mind. What was the occasion? It didn't matter what occasion it was. He would probably spend the day with her anyway after what happened last night. He didn't want her to be alone. She didn't want to be alone. She never felt more safe than when Booth was around, anyway. She admitted that to herself, but to nobody else.

Temperance felt feminine and pretty in her summery skirt and top.

Bones heard Booth's confident rap at her door. She put the lipstick away and walked quickly to the door to meet Booth.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 38

Wednesday came for Booth, too. Camille had given Bones the day off, and Cullen had given Booth the day off, too. Perhaps they were being sympathetic due to last night's events. Either way, it worked out for Booth.

Seeley dressed in a pair of khaki shorts, a pair of flip-flop shoes, and a tee shirt. He put his baseball cap on his head, his sunglasses as well, and he headed out the door to go pick Bones up.

His cell rang just as he sat in the SUV. Rebecca was wondering if he was going to be there. Of course he was going to be there. It was Parker's big day. First game of the season.

Booth looked up at the sky as he pulled out of his driveway. The clouds were beginning to roll into the sky out of the northeast. Hopefully the day would stay nice long enough for Parker's game.

Booth patted his shirt pocket as he drove along the freeway to his partner's place.

Booth thought about Bones as he drove. Last night had been among the most frightening of his life. He remembered lifting Temperance's limp, cold, wet body from the bathtub, stepping over Hayes' bloody body, taking Bones into the living room... Booth blinked. He had to stop thinking about it. Bones told him to go home after they came back from the hospital. It was six in the morning when they finally came home. He so badly wanted to just watch over her, make sure she was safe, check on her breathing all night. But he respected her wishes. He went home. Booth didn't wake up until a little past noon. He still felt groggy, but thinking about Parker made him smile and gave him energy for the day.

Booth pulled up to Bones' place and parked along the curb. He jogged jauntily up to the door and knocked. He pulled out the little gift in his pocket and held it out for Bones to see first thing as she opened the door.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Chapter 39

Bones opened the door to see Booth's cheerful face and his cocky charm smile. His hand was held out. Bones looked down to see what he had. It was a little white daffodil with a friendly yellow face.

Temperance reached out and picked the flower out of Booth's hand. "I, uh, I don't understand."

"It's--your gift."

"My gift?"

"For your birthday, Bones."

"My... my birthday?" Brennan laughed. Was it the twenty-second already? Her computer would have reminded her this morning if she had been at work. She'd forgotten her birthday altogether! But Booth remembered. That's why he wanted dibs on her.

Booth just smiled. "You forgot your birthday, didn't you?"

"No. I, uh... I would've remembered it if I was at work."

"...and you had your computer to remind you?"

"I hate it when you read my mind like that."

Booth just smiled. "Wanna know what else I know?"

"What?"

"You don't know what I've got planned."

Bones grabbed her purse and closed the door behind her. "You've got me there."
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:33 am

Chapter 40

After a twenty minute drive, Booth pulled up to a park in the city. Families walked through the park carrying water coolers and lawn chairs. Children chased each other and laughed.

"Where are we, Booth?"

"Dynasty Park. Home of the Bulldogs." Booth growled the word "bulldogs" then laughed at himself.

Bones was catching on. "Parker's big game?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Booth grabbed a blanket from the back seat as they exited the SUV. "He wanted you here, Bones."

"Wh--What?" Parker wanted her here? "Why?"

"You're his Bones, Bones!" That was a simple enough explanation. When they reached the grass, Temperance stopped short so she could take off her shoes. It was impossible to walk through a lawn with heels on. They sunk into the soil with every step. Booth stopped and watched her as she bent over and took off her shoes.

Booth let his mind wander in that span of five seconds. He watched her hair, her bare shoulders, her-- "Get a hold of yourself, Seeley!"

Booth led Bones to a little spot next to the dugout. As expected, the bleachers were filled with adoring parents and relatives. Booth laid a blanket out on the grass beneath a tall green tree.

They both sat and talked for a while until Parker ran up to say hi to his daddy. Booth stood up and gave Parker a hug.

"Hey, buddy!"

"Hi Daddy!" Parker showed Seeley his new glove and bat. Booth took him a few feet off to show him how to swing his bat and choke up correctly.

That left Rebecca, who followed her son, and Temperance all alone. Bones was anxious at first, remembering that uncomfortable day a few weeks ago. But it was safe to say that Rebecca was just as uncomfortable. After a few seconds, she sat on the blanket beside Bones.

"I... I know that you two weren't--" Rebecca said.

"You do?" Temperance was relieved.

"Seeley told me." There was silence between them. Bones didn't know what to say in return. "He told me about his flight being delayed. I guess I overreacted..."

"Oh, no. You didn't overreact at all." When did she overreact? Bones didn't remember an overreaction.

"Oh yes, I did. You just weren't there when I did. Look, Dr. Brennan, I'm sorry. If you two did--"

"We don't."

"I'm just saying, if you did, then that is between you and Seeley. Not me. I overreacted."

"It's... OK." Temperance was feeling very sympathetic. She probably would have reacted similarly if she had been in the same situation.

Booth came up with Parker in his arms. Parker whispered into his dad's ear. Booth nodded, then reached into his pocket and pulled out a pen and gave it to Parker. Parker jumped down and brought it up to Bones.

"Can you sign my cast?" He held out his green casted arm.

"Sure, Parker." Bones reached for the pen and wrote a short note on his arm.

"What does it say?"

"It says: 'To Parker, the coolest little boy I know. Bones.'" Parker grinned widely. He looked just like his daddy when he smiled like that.

Parker ran off to join his team. Rebecca stood up, "Nice to see you again, Dr. Brennan." Then walked to the bleachers so she could sit with her boyfriend.

The sky groaned and a a drop of rain fell on Temperance's nose. She wiped it off quickly as Booth sat on the blanket beside her.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:34 am

Chapter 41

The little league baseball game began. Parker couldn't bat because of his arm, but he played second base. "He has excellent development of his deltoid and brachialis muscles." Temperance noted... partly to herself, but loud enough for Booth to hear.

"Arm muscles?"

Temperance nodded. They watched as Parker ran to a baseball that was hit near him. He picked it up and threw it with great accuracy to first base.

"Out!" Yelled the umpire. The little boy who was "out" walked slowly with his head down back to the dugout.

"Is that boy crying?" Bones asked.

Booth smothered a laugh. "They're seven, Bones. Kids."

"Did you play baseball when you were boy?" Bones asked, trying to make small talk.

"Baseball, football, basketball, hockey. You name it, I did it."

"How did you have time for your studies?" This did not make much sense to Temperance Brennan who spent most of her high school career bent over her schoolwork.

"I didn't."

"What? How did you even graduate?"

"One word: Barely."

"But you're a very intelligent person... I don't understand--"

"Bones, I had my mind on two things: sports and girls. After I graduated and I entered the military, I realized that the world was a lot larger than I once thought. And thanks, Bones, for calling me smart. I did do quite well on my exams in the military and for the FBI."

Bones smiled. That wasn't much of a surprise. Of course he did well.

"What did you do in high school?" Booth asked.

"I spent most of my time studying. It was my escape." Temperance's eyes moved to the sky where she watched the clouds rolling overhead.

"From the foster home situation?"

"From that. It also kept my mind off from thinking about Russ and my parents."

Booth was silent for a few moments. "Maybe it was a good thing, then. That what happened to you... happened to you."

Bones looked hurt and confused. "Why? Why would you say that?"

Booth smiled. "Because you wouldn't be where you are today. I wouldn't know you."

He had a point. "That's the... the Butterfly Effect."

"Like the movie?"

"What movie?"

"Never mind. What were you saying?"

"The Butterfly Effect refers to the theory that the wings of a butterfly may change atmospheric conditions, changing the wind speed , velocity, or even the path of a much more magnanimous object such as a tornado. It's the theory that something small could effect something in a broader sense-- an event, for example." If it weren't for the movie, Booth would be lost right about now... he would be nodding away, eyes glazed over, painted smile on his face... but he knew what she was talking about. And she knew what he was talking about. "If that one thing hadn't happened, my parents driving away, I may have chosen a different career path. I doubt I would be here, sitting on this blanket on this lawn, watching a baseball game... with you."

The rain began to fall a little harder. The drops came closer and closer. After a few minutes Rebecca and Parker, with the boyfriend jogging behind, came up. "I think we should leave now before the rain comes down any harder. We're not supposed to get Parker's cast wet." Parker was crying. He didn't want to leave his team, but many of the families were already leaving since the game was winding down to an end. Temperance watched as Parker, Rebecca, and the boyfriend walked out of sight.

"Should we go?" Bones asked.

"I didn't have anything else planned today."

"We could just stay until the end, then. I don't mind. I don't have anything planned, either."

"What no papers to grade?"

"I don't grade my grad students, I supervise. I teach. I lead by example."

Booth just smiled at Temperance. The rain began to fall heavier and faster. Soon it began to down pour. Thick white sheets of rain blanketed the park. People ran for their cars. The baseball players hid under the dugouts.

Temperance stood immediately. Booth picked up the blanket from the grass and wrapped it over both of them. Even the bushy green tree didn't shade them from the rain.

The gray sky thundered. "We shouldn't stand beneath the tree. It increases the chance of electrocution." Bones said. They walked out to the middle of the grass where they were safer. They had walked several blocks before coming to their spot in the grass, so running to the SUV wasn't really an option.

Booth covered Temperance with the blanket. They had to stand very close to one another since the blanket wasn't very large. His arm was wrapped around her shoulder. The sound of thunder and rain was the only sound the two could hear besides the beating of their hearts.

Seeley could feel his heart pounding, his face feeling warm... Bones, her hair wet, her clothing soaked, huddled next to his body... letting him hold her close. She didn't pull away from him. She let him hold her close. Booth smiled at her. She was so beautiful. He wanted so badly to kiss her, to hold her close to him, to make love to her, to call her his own.

Brennan could feel her face blushing. She hadn't heard the rain or any thunder in at least five minutes. Seeley turned toward Brennan so that they were face to face. He held her close. Her heart throbbed in her ears. She couldn't help but to be amazed. She couldn't pull herself away. A part of her would object and try to pull her out of his arms, but something else... something louder and stronger--her heart. Her heart kept her from stepping back, kept her from shaking her head no, from objecting to Seeley moving his hand down her back and resting it on the small of her back. She didn't object to him leaning slowly forward and kissing her neck. Her mouth was dry as he kissed her, following from her ear to her chin. Then he kissed her neck and collar bone. She still didn't object. Her own hands had minds of their own as they wrapped around his broad shoulders and pulled him closer.

Booth stopped kissing her. He looked into her blue eyes. "If I kiss you," meaning her lips... "I don't want things to go back to the way they were." He held her close and looked into her blue eyes.

Bones struggled for words... what to say? "Things... Booth, things can never go back to the way they were."

Booth smiled, "I'm glad you said that. I don't want it to." Booth leaned forward and kissed her. Booth thought his heart would leap out of his chest when she parted her lips. He held her close. Closer than he had ever held her before. He drew her near to him as he kissed her deeper. It was the reward after a long road. Always loving her, always wanting her. Finally! Finally, he held Temperance in his arms. He never wanted her to leave him. He drew her closer.

Last edited by ForensicMama on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:34 am

Chapter 42
_________

The next morning when Temperance woke up, she found herself laying in Seeley's arms. She had woken up several minute before. She didn't dare wake Seeley. She thought about where she was. A tinge of excitement ran through her body like lightening.

Booth was already awake, thinking about their night together. Temperance's head was resting on his bare chest. He breathed in the scent of lilacs from her shampoo. Her soft fingers interlocked in his stronger ones. Booth thought about how once again Temperance was wrapped in his black sheet. This time, however, she was there WITH him, naked and vulnerable, trusting him to keep her safe. He drew her close to him again.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:35 am

The End.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:10 pm

Woooow... That's all i can say. You are just a genius. You should be one of the writers who write Bones.
Loooooving it very much!!!
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:53 am

Cassiopeia wrote:Woooow... That's all i can say. You are just a genius. You should be one of the writers who write Bones.
Loooooving it very much!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Aw Thank you! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:09 am

ForensicMama wrote:Angela smothered a laugh, "Bren's gonna kill us when she finds out that we've been doing the horizontal hula on her couch."

I burst laughing, when i read that one Smile SO funny and SO good piece. Now i am a fan of your fanfics Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:27 am

Cassiopeia wrote:
ForensicMama wrote:Angela smothered a laugh, "Bren's gonna kill us when she finds out that we've been doing the horizontal hula on her couch."

I burst laughing, when i read that one Smile SO funny and SO good piece. Now i am a fan of your fanfics Smile

I'm so glad that you love it so much! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:35 am

I love ALL your work. If i haven't reviewed any, then i just hadnīt read it Wink
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:53 am

Oh thank you so much!!! I haven't written anything lately, but I do have another set aside , so I'll have to post that one soon. Smile
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heather2410 Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:52 am

That was GREAT! AWESOME!! I just knew it was going to be Hayes, but i loved the way you wrote the rescue chapter. And my radio was being awesome so each chapter I read there was a song that went along with it....how weird?!?!?
heather2410
heather2410
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://heather2410.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next