Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll Be Right Beside You-K, Angst by willgirl

Go down

I'll Be Right Beside You-K, Angst by willgirl Empty I'll Be Right Beside You-K, Angst by willgirl

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Posted 24/01/2008 08:07:15 PM

A/N: Here’s a little oneshot I came up with at work. There is a tissue warning in effect. I used a song as inspiration for this. It’s called Run by Snow Patrol. The oneshot works ten times better if you listen to the song while reading so here it is:
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I hope you enjoy!

He was gone. She could barely believe it, but at least now she was starting to. When they first told her, she shook her head vehemently. Not Booth. He had told her he would never leave. She took him at his word, believed him when he said he would come back.

It hadn't even been three months into his tour when the army officers came into the Jeffersonian. He wasn't even supposed to be near any action, just training soldiers. But that's not what came to be.

She stood in front of his tombstone recalling how he had told her that this is what 'normal people' do. She had never thought of herself as normal but he made her. He was the one that pushed her, fought with her and made her see the world for all its possibilities.

Their relationship was secret, even from Angela. They had wanted some time to themselves, to explore this new facet of their life. Go slow, as Booth said. Not that they did. They fell into bed together immediately and began practically living together only two weeks into their relationship. Besides it had only been three months and then he was called up.

She didn't go to the airport, couldn't stand there with the others and hug him and pretend like their relationship was that of just partners. Instead he had woken up early and made love to her, kissing her softly before getting dressed, grabbing his bag and heading out of the apartment.

He had just made it to the car when she came running out the building, barefoot and in his old AC/DC shirt and pajama shorts. She leapt into his arms and he dropped his bag and they kissed and cried and said they loved each other. And then he left and her life felt hollow.

He was buried four days ago, by his parents in Arlington cemetery. It had been a full military service and many people had turned up to mourn his life. She had stood in the third row and watched his parents sob. She saw Parker and Rebecca, both in tears and Cullen standing stiffly, a look of grief on her face.

Angela hugged her and Jack patted her arm and it was over.

He was buried four days ago.

And two days ago she discovered she was pregnant.

This isn't how it was supposed to happen. Not without him. He was the fantastic parent. She had seen the way he was with Parker, he was amazing. But her, she never wanted this. And now she was stuck with a child. Without Booth.

So she had come here to tell him. He should be the first to know after all. But she couldn't say the words. Saying them out loud meant that they were real, that she was doing this by herself, all alone.

She wanted to curse him for leaving him alone. Shout and get angry and scream. But instead she knelt, barely realizing the tears the flowed down her face.

"Please." She whispered.

But he didn't answer.

"This is silly."

She couldn't say this, couldn't deal with this. How could she do this without him? She traced the letters of his name slowly, eyes blurred from the tears. Pulling her into a sitting position, she stared at the tomb. Why did people do this? There wasn't anything here that was him. He was striped ties and breakfast in bed and little league with Parker and tender kisses. He wasn't a slab of concrete.

Angela said people visited graves to be closer to those who died. But she didn’t understand. How could she be closer to him? He wasn't here. He would never be here again. She looked at the gravestone again and sighed. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Closing her eyes, she pictured him sitting next to her. Wearing a t-shirt and jeans, a cocky smile on his face.

‘You have something to tell me?’ He asked.

‘No, I can't.’

‘C'mon Bones.’ he cajoled.

‘Telling me about it will make you feel better’.

‘I can't do this without you. She replied’

‘What are you talking about? I'm right here.’

“I'm pregnant.” She said, the words swirling into the air and disappearing. “I'm pregnant.” She repeated.

She could picture the grin on his face growing wider and wider. He would pick her up and twirl her around and kiss her until she was short of breath.

Then he would run his hands over her belly while he whispered about how happy he was in her ear. He'd probably do something silly like introduce himself to baby, ignoring her protestations that the baby didn't have ears yet. Yes, he would have been happy.

But he wasn't next to her. She was alone. But the thought of him made her smile. She wanted this baby with him. It was a part of both of them and she was determined to make this work. Standing up, full of resolve, she rested her hand on her belly.

“Seeley, I'll do my best. And I will make sure this baby knows everything about you. The socks and ties, the pie, how much you loved me, everything. We can do this. I can do this.” She said, more confidently.

He was buried four days ago.

And two days ago she had discovered she was pregnant.

And today, today she was happy.

'Even if you cannot hear my voice, I'll be right beside you dear.'
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Right Beside You-K, Angst by willgirl Empty Re: I'll Be Right Beside You-K, Angst by willgirl

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:16 pm

Posted 24/01/2008 09:13:15 PM

space

God, willi... I just knew you had some angst eating away at you somewhere... all those fluffy Moments were lulling me... damn, and look you made me cry on my birthday... but still, great job and I HATE character death, yet I can't keep from reading it when you write it... just so touching...
"Then he would run his hands over her belly..."
That's when I lost it...
~space

P.S. Great song too!
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

I'll Be Right Beside You-K, Angst by willgirl Empty Re: I'll Be Right Beside You-K, Angst by willgirl

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:16 pm

Posted 24/01/2008 09:28:25 PM

A2BOREANAZ

i refused to read this one.......and therefore NO REVIEW.............bad willi........bad willi...........
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:17 pm

Posted 24/01/2008 09:48:17 PM

Ehbee

GOOD WILLI! READS LIKE A SONG... EXCELLENT WORK!
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:18 pm

Posted 24/01/2008 09:59:13 PM

fanofbones

damn.....ripping my fucking heart out again..
why do I continue to read when you warn me? Well, maybe because of how brilliant I know they will be...but damn...could you stop killing Booth and kill Bren for a while...
shit, its always Booth...
Its never as bad when you kill Bren....selfish, I know, but all can think then...is he's all mine mwhahahahahahahahahahahaha...
This was beautiful and heartbreaking and sad and then very touching and sweet at the end
OMG...you rock and this was amazing...

hugs
fab
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:19 pm

Posted 24/01/2008 10:14:52 PM

A2BOREANAZ

what the fucking hell was that........okay..i sucked it up and read the crap.........beautiful by the way......but seriously........you kill the fucker and then you leave her behind pregnant........what the hell is wrong with you.......i really think you were an abused child.........seriously........again...wow..it was so good.....and do you really think you could write something and me not read it......you are so insane......although i did whine rather well....so proud of my princess background.........and flufff??? who wants fluff???????? i want evil........more evil........
and willi......although this ripped my heart out and stomped on it and put it through a shredder.......i still loved it........so beautiful.........

still your number one fan..........................
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 pm

Posted 25/01/2008 00:21:03 AM

I hart Booth

Well Willie, I really don't know what to say. I'm with A2B here, I love you sweetie, but I don't have to like you right now. Okay, that said, I know what it's like to write a peice like this and then have everybody rag on you for doing so (believe it or not I've done so once or twice or three times...) so I'll stop. Honestly that was amazingly well written, especially liked the song. It brought me as close to tears as I've been in a long time and it made my chest hurt terribly. What really broke me was when you said she found out she was pregnant (apparently Booth has issues with condoms). That's just the dealbreaker there. I mean, I simply can't imagine losing your other half that way, death is hell as it is. So anyway, you did a wonderful job on this peice, I wouldn't expect anything less from you.
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:26 pm

Posted 25/01/2008 00:56:10 AM

gimmeagun

will im crying rightnow....no fair...kill booth...nto allowed...
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:27 pm

Posted 25/01/2008 00:59:01 AM

gimmeagun

i will re.ad/reivcew corretly int he am!
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:27 pm

Posted 25/01/2008 01:05:32 AM

DBAngelfan

argh I like it but it's sad *sniff*
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:28 pm

Posted 25/01/2008 01:49:08 AM

BonBon

Willi... beautifully written... but so WRONG!!!! SERIOUSLY.... tissue my ass... try several!!!!
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:29 pm

Posted 25/01/2008 01:49:58 AM

BonBon

hey hart... had to write this.... LOVE the federal hotties!!! must say that
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:30 pm

Posted 25/01/2008 02:26:14 AM

CheeseBK

Holy shit! This was soooo sad and beautiful…. You nearly got me crying here!!!
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:31 pm

Posted 25/01/2008 06:35:31 AM

kiki

*glares at willi*

Beautifully written, skillful revelation of plot twists (pregnant?!!!!) and touching, descrïptive scenes...but...

*glares at willi*
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:31 pm

Posted 25/01/2008 07:41:06 AM

SnoopGirl

Sad. Very sad. But also very real in the sense that is happens to people all the time. Damn wars.

One part that didn't fit was the part where she is "stuck" with a child. Something more along the lines of "blessed with a child, their child" would have been more fitting to the story and their love for one antoher.
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum