Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kathy Books versus "Bones" (open discussion for characters and settings).

+4
Evi
ToZiKa
ForensicMama
Cassiopeia
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kathy Books versus "Bones" (open discussion for characters and settings). Empty Kathy Books versus "Bones" (open discussion for characters and settings).

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:26 am

I am reading all Kathy's books and I really like discuss some details and settings that is in my mind Smile

Firstly. I watched Bones first and then I started to be intrested in Kathy's books. For now, I have read 7 books, the latest ones are waiting in the line.

The two things that caught my eye is that 1) Booth is 2 in 1 - Claudel - classique and well dressed and knows how to irritate Tempe and Ryan - the love of Tempe, charming and nice. Smile
2) If you put Booth and Brennan together in one person - you'll get Book-Tempe. But it is only my opinion.

I love the books, they are so interesting. I strongly recommend to read these books, they are so good.

Here is a link, where you can download these books in digital form: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

And if anyone wants, I have audio books too (Deja Dead, Death Du Jour, Deadly Descisions, Fatal Vojage, Monday Mourning, Cross Bones). So contact me.

I am waiting for your discussion here! Smile What a Face
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Kathy Books versus "Bones" (open discussion for characters and settings). Empty Re: Kathy Books versus "Bones" (open discussion for characters and settings).

Post by ForensicMama Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:57 pm

Hey awesome! I'm reading Deja Dead right now. It's the first one I've read so far. I was just laughing today over a line about Tempe not having any lovers for the past year and so she was having an orgie with the news paper... paraphrasing there... but it was hilarious! Laughing

Hey, is Tempe nicknamed Bones in the Books?
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Kathy Books versus "Bones" (open discussion for characters and settings). Empty Re: Kathy Books versus "Bones" (open discussion for characters and settings).

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:11 pm

No, she is not. She is called mostly Tempe. Sometimes called bonelady. Smile Andrew Ryan calls her pain in the ass. She usually answeres - I am trying.
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:34 pm

I like both book and tv-show.
I started with the books and just watched the show because of DB at first....
And I love Ryan.....although I normaly don't like blond guys but with these eyes he has......

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:No, she is not. She is called mostly Tempe. Sometimes called bonelady. Smile Andrew Ryan calls her pain in the ass. She usually answeres - I am trying.

Thank you!

Oh I am past the discussion on kurf marks and saw blades between Tempe and Ryan... Tempe looks at his butt mid discussion lol... she says to herself, "Jesus, Brennan..." LOL! Laughing The way they interact is fun to read. Smile
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:14 am

I just passed the part where Tempe went into the old church yard looking for the body... eeeeee!.... it's getting good! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:43 am

Reading Death Du Jour eeh?
I love those books. Kathy writes so well and humorous. Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:20 am

Cassiopeia wrote:Reading Death Du Jour eeh?
I love those books. Kathy writes so well and humorous. Smile

Yes. It's the first novel of hers that I've ever read. It's great when I come across little tidbits of humor... like in the churchyard she started reciting a children's rhyme and before that she was talking about baseball cliches but a paragraph later "The magic was gone" hahahaa... it's really good!!! Very Happy

Oh I read your message wrong. At that time I was reading Deja Dead, but I finished that last night. Now I'm reading Death Du Jour. So far nothing interesting, but if I know Kathy, it WILL be. Very Happy

Last edited by ForensicMama on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Evi Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:28 pm

I just started the books. Deja Dead is great. I agree with Cass's assessments on the characters. Book Tempe is definitely very different from show Tempe.
Evi
Evi
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1276
Say What You Want : I cried like a baby. And I was evil then!..... twitter.com/wendyyoung
Registration date : 2008-06-13

http://www.obsessedwithbones.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:35 am

I will soon start reding bones to ashes......can't wait for it to finally arrive

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by KYBones Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:57 am

I started at the first book based on the copyright date. I've been trying to follow the developement of the characters. I'm just getting into Bare Bones and I think it is my favorite so far. No spoilers here if you have't read it, but the story line between Ryan and Tempe just gets better. study

I follow Bones faithfully, but I think it is nice that the show is just similar enough to let you know it is connected; without being a copy of the book.
KYBones
KYBones
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:53 pm

I just finished Bare Bones, but it wasn't my favourite. Though I can't say which one is. I can't wait to start Monday Mourning...
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:11 pm

oh monday mourning was very good.....
I love the Ryan/Tempe-scenes in this one.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:11 am

Anybody have a list of the books in order? Smile
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:26 am

Déjà Dead 1997
Death du Jour 1998
Deadly Decisions 2000
Fatal Voyage 2001
Grave Secrets 2002
Bare Bones 2003
Monday Mourning 2004
Cross Bones 2005
Break No Bones 2006
Bones to Ashes 2007
Devil Bones 2008

My favourite one is Cross Bones. It was so amazing - not because of the Ryan/Tempe relationship, but the situation itself Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:46 am

Wow!!! Shocked One a year!!! Jeez! With the exception of 1999, she's been writing a novel a year for 12 years! She's been busy!!!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:52 am

Yeh! She is an amazing woman. I love Kathy and her work and her books Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:03 am

I am really loving her work! It's great!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Evi Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:13 am

I finished Deja Dead late Thursday night. Friday after work I crashed the used bookstore and got the next 3, couldn't find a couple in the middle, and then got the rest (except the newest. I read Death Du Jour in 1 day and now I'm about 40 pages into Deadly Decisions.

I wouldn't call myself an unconditional fan, I do have my dislikes, but I do enjoy the books immensely.
Evi
Evi
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I cried like a baby. And I was evil then!..... twitter.com/wendyyoung

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:37 am

I finished Death Du Jour over the weekend... in two days lol. Very good book. Now I'm onto the next novel. Is that Deadly Decisions?
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Evi Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:44 am

Yes, Deadly Decisions is #3.

I'm 165 pages into Fatal Voyage. I'm going to have to wait on Amazon for the next 2, argh. Sad
Evi
Evi
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:48 am

You're not using the library? Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Evi Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:43 am

No. Her books are a goldmine of information and since I just finished a script and am at the plot stage for my own novel I'm a serious study. Her works are post-it noted thoroughly. They provide great starting points for many important aspects of crime scene forensics and law enforcement.

I work 2 counties from where I live so the library access is a bit wonky. Where I work I'm actually across the street from a library, nearly, but it's not exactly the Library of Congress for selection and I'd have to pay for check-out priviledges. Small towns have perks, broad selection is not one of them. (Unless you're looking at tractors, truck colors (on the same truck)...man I could go on an on.)
Evi
Evi
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:01 am

Yeah... I'm sure the library wouldn't like you highlighting and post-it noting their books lol! Laughing

Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by KYBones Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:47 am

I live in a small town also and when I went looking for Kathy's books, they didn't have them either. Small town life is great, but thank goodness for Barnes and Noble!
KYBones
KYBones
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next