Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strappado a fic by Niah - NOW POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/7/08

+7
Cassiopeia
A2BOREANAZ
mereva
Niah
ForensicMama
ToZiKa
Turi ray of sunshine
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Strappado a fic by Niah - NOW POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/7/08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Strappado a fic by Niah - NOW POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/7/08

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Come on girl!!!!!!!!!!!
We're waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Strappado a fic by Niah - NOW POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/7/08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Strappado a fic by Niah - NOW POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/7/08

Post by A2BOREANAZ Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:45 pm

next thursday????????? are you serious???????? holy crap.............oh no.........this is just too much.......why i cant even talk..........or type for that matter.............i wasnt here for thursday......and now i hear its next thursday??????????? ugh...............
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Niah Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:30 am

Eek. Don't you dare mob me! Tomorrow it's Thursday and I PROMISE I'll post. Just keep those rotten tomatoes or whatever it is you're holding AWAY FROM ME!!! *slowly backs away before spinning around and dashing away at breakneck speed*
Niah
Niah
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1378
Say What You Want : I believe I have seen hell. It's white. Snow-white.
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Polygirl Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:27 am

silly lacey...

tomorrow we expect our chapter or we will not be responsible for our actions!
Polygirl
Polygirl
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 10721
Say What You Want : There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:02 am

LOL
OH LAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
My dear Roommiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You better get that behind of yours moving and get that chappie posted!!!! Because I have to change the status of the thread and change the little pic too...............

And YOU MUST definitely DO NOT want us to organize the mob!!! because it's just never pretty!!! but VERY STINKY AND STICKY AND MESSY!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Those are the best ones!!!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Love,

Turi Very Happy Very Happy LOL
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Strappado a fic by Niah - NOW POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/7/08 - Page 2 Empty Chapter I - The Skull Splitter (Part I)

Post by Niah Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:13 am

Right, it took a hell of a lot of coaxing (looking at you there, Turi!) and a lot of patience on your side (gestures at A2B's hilarious posts and everyone else's support), but I eventually caved and gave in. Turi, dear Roomie, you can lose that sign in the first post because I am proud to present to you the last baby I wrote more than half a year ago... Strappado! Enjoy. Very Happy

[b]TITLE:
Strappado

GENRE: Suspense (hopefully) and Romance (eventually...you just have to hang on long enough)

CHARACTERS: All the regular ones, including Zach. (He's still on the good side in this story.) Oh, and about two or three characters of my own making will pop in for a visit. (Consider yourself warned. *evil laugh*)

DISCLAIMER: Of course I don't own Bones and its characters. I am only the (little evil fanfic) creator of this storyline.

STORY TITLE: Strappado is the medieval inquisition name of a torture method we now know as 'reverse hanging' or 'Palestinian hanging'. It is a form of torture where a victim's hands are tied behind his back and secured to a pulley. He is then hoisted off the ground. Once the victim is suspended in mid-air, the torturer has three options. The first is leaving the victim dangling. This causes intense pain and possible dislocation of the shoulders. The second option is to add a series of drops, meaning the victim is dropped partway, several times in a row. This not only causes more pain than the first form of Strappado, it can lead to broken shoulders. And finally, the third option, is tying the victim's hands to the front and hanging him from his hands. The ankles are also tied together and heavy weight is attached to them. Besides intense pain, this method also causes serious damage to the arms, hips, and legs. The term Squassation is actually more accurate to name the last option. Weights can be added to the body as well in the first two forms of Strappado. The signature of all forms of Strappado is that there is little visible damage on the outside of the victim's body.

I have chosen this torture method as story title because our beloved squint squad will experience a few horrid events similar to the sudden jerks I mentioned earlier. Someone is out to get them and by ORIGINAL pursuing them and making their lives miserable, he has theoretically hoisted them off the ground, has added weights, and is dropping them as sudden and as vicious as he pleases.

[b]ORIGINAL AUTHOR'S NOTE: Before we begin this lovely new adventure, I'd like to thank Faux Maven. When real life dragged my regular beta (the great M) away, you were kind enough to offer me your services. I cannot thank you enough! Not only did you introduce me to the concept of theme chapter titles (just so you all know, the theme I use for Strappado is 'torture'), but you are amazingly thorough and incredibly fast with bumping my chapters back. Not a single detail escapes you and you don't hesitate to speak your mind; just how I like it. All the time you have invested in this story's time line -- working out the main story lines, fine tuning them, and doing a bit of research -- know that it is greatly appreciated! I hope our 'collaboration' will continue this way.

That being said...Grab your flashlights/candles/torches and follow me as we descend into the dark and gloomy world of Strappado! And before I forget, this chapter was inspired by the song It's All Over by Three Days Grace.

- I -

-- THE SKULL SPLITTER --

The Skull Splitter -- Such a lovely medieval torture device. Imagine an angel's halo being placed on your head. On the inside of the halo there are about ten very pointy spikes and on the outside there are one or two screws and sometimes two handles. Once the Skull Splitter is securely locked around your head, the screws are tightened, slowly driving the spikes into the side of your skull and causing excruciating pain. In the extreme, your torturer could grab the handles and jerk you from side to side or he could hoist you into the air by the aforementioned handles, resulting in the removal of the top of your head or the fracture and severing of your upper spine, which apparently is known as internal decapitation.

In this chapter, the man who is after our squints, has chosen his victim, placed an imaginary Skull Splitter on their head, and is slowly tightening the screws until at some point the halo becomes so tight, his victim's skull explodes.

Thursday November 15 - Somewhere in Washington D.C. - 21:03

It was a dark and dreary night. One that usually formed the ominous décor of mysterious tales of horror, but accurately described the time of day when a lonesome figure pulled the front door shut. He didn't bother to double-check whether the door was truly locked. Though he didn't want anyone breaking into his magnificent two-storied mansion that was sure to attract petty low life thieves as well as the more professional kind, the seven foot gate with bars as thick as a closed fist and the expensive professional burglar alarm he had installed gave him all the reassurance he needed. No unexpected visitors would dare crossing into his territory. In case there was a burglar foolish enough, the extra security precaution he had taken would surely scare him off.

He smiled as he caught sight of a pair of vicious looking Doberman Pinschers staring at him from behind the solid iron bars of their cage. He went up to them and opened the cage. They immediately disappeared into the dark. As silently as possible, they would tour his property and guard all entrances. Him they wouldn't harm since he had trained them since they were puppies. To any other trespassers they would not be merciful. He had trained all hesitation out them because he could not risk them forgetting their mission. His collection was too precious to be stolen away.

Nodding decidedly, he zipped up his jacket and swung his medium-sized bag over his shoulder. He turned, smiling broadly, and moved across his larger than average driveway. His footsteps crunched loudly on the gravel and mixed with the soft tune he began humming. All thoughts of his dogs and his valuable collection were forgotten since his mind was already elsewhere. He had waited for a night as cold and pitch-black as this one. The dark would effectively cloak the first step in his plan for revenge.

His heavy Caterpillar boots led him to a black SUV parked further down the driveway, close to the gate protecting his property from the world outside. The yellow-orange light from the porch cast upon the dark metal was reflected by the side mirror as he opened the door on the driver's side. His oddly shaped, but light-weight bag was tossed on the passenger seat. Without granting his home, dogs or anything else behind him a second glance, he summoned the car to life with a flick of the ignition key, opened the gate, and sped off. At about nine in the evening, on a gloomy Thursday evening with mist threatening to take over the streets, it didn't take him long to leave the outskirts behind and wander through the street network of downtown D.C.

The car came to a stop across from a tall building that shot up out of the ground like an overgrown mushroom. Squinting in the darkness, he broodingly stared at the apartment building. Because he had thoroughly surveyed and had explored the area during tedious and carefully planned out walks, it didn't take him long to scan the familiar perimeter for unusual activity. Everything was quiet and exactly as he had anticipated. His attention turned to the apartment building again. His trained eyes raked every brick and every window before coming to a stop on a faint light glowing like the weak flame of a candle almost entirely burned up from a window on the fifth floor.

Perfect.

The corners of his mouth turned upwards in a satisfied and slightly sadistic grin. She was right on schedule. He hadn't expected anything else from her. Whenever she was examining remains or even when she was doing every day things like going out for groceries or doing laundry, he had observed that she had her routines. A sense of adventure was an inerasable part of her character, but so were logic and fixed patterns. She was as punctual as an atomic clock, a creature of habit at heart.

If he wasn't mistaken--and he hardly ever was--she was entertaining someone at the moment. His name was John Percy. They had met at the supermarket three blocks from where she lived, at the end of aisle six, while simultaneously reaching for the same orange. From that moment on, John had become a regular visitor of her apartment on the fifth floor. For the past three months they had gone out for a bite to eat three times a week, always on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Afterwards they would go up to her apartment and John wouldn't descend again before midnight. It was one of her first patterns he had picked up on.

His satisfied smile grew sour. She didn't deserve John, or any other man for that matter. She didn't deserve luck--not one bit, not even a glimmer. Not after she had mocked his intelligence, had escaped the horrible fate he had doomed her with, and had plainly ridiculed his devious intentions by staying alive. But the tables were about to turn. With what was safely tucked away in his bag on the passenger seat he would settle the score and would tip the balance in his favor.

Not wasting anymore time while gazing up longingly, he grabbed his things and left the warmth of his car. He tried to move poised and purposefully, but his long and somewhat hasty strides betrayed exactly how eager he was to restore his honor. As he rounded his SUV and stepped onto the sidewalk, he furtively glanced around ensuring that everything was still quiet. The streets were pretty much deserted. The couple walking on the other side of the street probably hadn't noticed him because of his black burglar-like attire and the woman on his right side moving closer probably took him for someone with a peculiar love for black clothes who had just returned from a trip. The bag slung over his shoulder was meant to support the latter idea.

Because he didn't want to raise any suspicion, he vaguely nodded at the woman before casually strolling over to the entrance door of the apartment building that was the twin sister of the building he had studied two minutes ago. When he tried the door, he was pleased to find it open. It would have been out of the ordinary if it had been locked. His intense survey of both hers as well as the neighborhood's habits had taught him that the main entrance doors were locked at precisely ten in the evening. As he pushed the door open, he checked his watch. 21:32--perfect. He would be out again before the janitor would come out of his apartment with a set of keys dangling from his fingertips.

The entrance hall was crossed briskly. The elevator was with him in no time. It seemed almost ridiculous how casual he was standing in the center of the elevator cage, his bag hanging from his right shoulder and the fingers of his left hand tucked in the front pocket of his dark jeans. Every time the light indicated a new floor, he felt satisfaction poking his insides. Across the street she was having a pleasant evening without any thoughts of unexpected disasters occupying her mind. He was going to change that. He was going to teach her a lesson. Nobody outsmarted him without paying dearly as a consequence.
Niah
Niah
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Strappado a fic by Niah - NOW POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/7/08 - Page 2 Empty Chapter I - The Skull Splitter (Part II)

Post by Niah Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:14 am

At last the elevator reached the sixth floor. Again he walked briskly. He followed the hallway down to apartment 6E. Muffled sounds of music, of televisions playing rather loudly, and of children causing trouble because they had to go to bed, reached him through the closed doors he passed. These families were going about their everyday lives, unaware of the despair and horror he was about to spread. Though unnecessary, his eyes flicked through the hallway one last time to ensure he really was alone. Then he knelt down on one knee and pulled a set of lockpicks out of his back pocket. He carefully inserted two crooked needles into the lock and fumbled around for a bit. Not half a minute later he heard a distinct click. The door swung open soundlessly.

After quickly having tucked away his tools, he entered the apartment he knew was empty. He immediately headed for the living room window. The faint glow in the opposite building was still there. It was created by a pair of lamps being lit in the living room. He could distinguish two figures sitting at a dining room table. A pair of candles on the table gave their faces a golden hue. The dark forms of presumably cutlery resting on empty plates suggested they had just finished dinner. In a few moments they would head over to the couch where they would talk while sipping wine. He had chosen that particular moment to attack. In the middle of their animated conversation, he would strike. They would never know what hit them. Well, one of them would, but wouldn't live to tell the other.

Firmly clutching his bag, he slid open the seven foot high glass doors leading to the patio. Flat 6E was located at the corner of the sixth floor. The modest terrace was built on the right side of the building, overlooking a rather broad courtyard in between two apartment buildings. During summer, the building's occupants would sit on their balconies and would watch the people on the other side of the courtyard do the same. But it wasn't a summery day. It was a dark Thursday night mid-November. Earlier that day, showers of drizzling rain had wetted the city streets. Now the sky was clearer than ever. There wasn't even a new moon tonight. He had made sure the night would be at its darkest for he did not want to be caught by bright beams of moonlight.

Once he had sought out the perfect spot to huddle down, he sat the bag at his feet and pulled the zipper open. The gritty noise echoed over the empty courtyard. Swiftly he retrieved all the parts he needed and quickly pieced them together. In less than a minute he had assembled a small caliber rifle, ready to use. As a finishing touch, he stretched a baby-bottle nipple over the end of the barrel. Why go out and buy a professional silencer when a simple nipple could do the trick? He set the stock against his shoulder and peered through the telescopic sight over the barrel right into her apartment. They seemed so close to him now, so vulnerable. Every laugh, every dancing lock of hair, a glimpse of milky white skin her plunging neckline revealed as she shifted--he caught it all and registered it minutely for future gloating.

As expected they stood up and started towards the couch. In a minute they would sit down. In the next two minutes, he would lock onto one of them and he would revel in the power laying a finger on the trigger brought. As soon as he pulled it, his victim's fate would be sealed. He imagined how the bullet would whiz through the air. When the bullet hit the window, it would spider-crack before bursting into a million pieces. The bullet would continue its journey unscathed until it connected with warm skin and drilled through it straight into the victim's skull. He almost shuddered with delight upon visualizing the panic that would consume her.

They were halfway the living room now. Much to his surprise she suddenly grasped John's arm to halt him. What was she up to now? He almost groaned as he witnessed her pull John's arm. She couldn't possibly tug him to her bedroom now, could she? Of all nights she could have chosen to act out of the ordinary, she had chosen tonight! She truly deserves her punishment, that bi...He breathed out audibly when they approached the window. Good girl, he thought. Come closer so I can aim at your pretty little head.

They didn't stop at the window however. As John stole secret glances at a relaxed but reserved Brennan, she opened the sliding doors and stepped onto the patio. A twisted grin appeared on his face when he saw John followed her and imitated her stance by resting his forearms on the railing and leaning forward. Excitement raced through his veins and nearly made his hands shake. There would be no exploding window now, but only a clean shot and a dry thud as the body hit the ground. Thoughtfully he gazed at them. In just a few moments he would end one life and would ruin another. The power he felt was almost overwhelming.

As he pushed the safety off and laid his finger on the trigger again, testing the solid bend of the moon shaped hook, a sudden hesitation took him by surprise. He had not killed before. Not directly anyway. He had kidnapped people, had chained them to walls, and had shivered gleefully upon hearing them scream with horror as he brought out his tools; but he had never been this close to directly delivering death. Slowly choking the life out of a victim, for example, took time. It was a lengthy process of torture where the victim fought for every breath of air. Pulling a trigger and sending a bullet on its way was a different kind of business. The effect--death--would be immediate.

He was still hesitating when John leaned in to softly kiss her. Did he really want to become an angel of instant death? He would be no more than an ordinary murderer then. Gone would be his distinctive tactic of trapping his victims in secluded and confined spaces. Shaking his head, he tightened his grip on his rifle. His plan was flawless and remarkably well thought out, just like all of his other plans. The energy and thought put into the murder were the same. The only difference was the time in between capturing his victim and death. The outcome was the same either way--he took a life. He gritted his teeth confidently. He would carry this plan through every single stage, all the way, to the bittersweet end. His resolve hardened when her hands crept around John's neck. She had brought it upon herself. What he was going to do now was only a natural response to the humiliation she had rained upon him by escaping.

Through the telescopic sight he saw her chest heave because of her shallow breathing. She appeared to be turned on by John's kiss. He licked his dry lips as he caressed her skin, the nape of her neck, and the swell of her breasts with his eyes. What a desirable creature she was. How foolish she was, too, for thinking her ordeal had ended as soon as that bastard had pulled her out of that basement. He first stared at her auburn-reddish hair cascading lusciously over her back and shoulders, then zoomed in on her remarkably emotionless eyes. There was no spark to detect in their depths, as if she was mentally elsewhere. He lightly shook his head, uninterested because he honestly didn't care what she thought of her relationship with John. His lips were no more than a thin line when he locked onto his target.

"Goodbye Dr. Brennan," he murmured right before squeezing his finger and shattering her world into a million pieces.

The effect was immediate, as he had anticipated, and far more satisfying than he had imagined. All he heard was a not too loud pop and a delicious whizzing of air. John looked dumbstruck for a moment before his knees buckled. Blood trickled out of the small red dot in between his eyebrows as he staggered backwards. Brennan's face was a perfect picture of shock. Horrified she saw John roughly go down hitting the patio floor with a thud.

Grinning, he patiently waited in the shadows. Everyone in the area was still minding his own business. Not a single soul was aware of the spectacle he had carefully prepared. Soon Brennan would recover enough to call 911. The local police would gather in her apartment in a babel of confusion. All the while he would stay in the dark on the patio of apartment 6E. Nobody would spot him because no-one would think of looking at this balcony since the owner was away on a three month tour of Europe. In the hysteria that was surely to break loose, he would slip out of the apartment, would casually walk out of the building, and disappear into the night on his way to the next target.

As he sat there, going over the final steps of stage one in his plan, he felt the thrill of revenge fill him to the brim. Without averting his eyes from Brennan, who had sunk to her knees next to her most recent lover's lifeless body, he began shuffling backwards. He momentarily let her out of his sight to go inside the apartment where he almost respectfully placed his rifle on the coffee table in plain sight. He left the torn nipple where it was for the bastard to think about. There, now he'll definitely find it. He nodded satisfied and went back to the patio. There he huddled down again and was just in time to see Brennan pull out her cell phone. Perfect, he thought. Good girl. Soon the place would be invaded by local P.D. Soon he could slip away and meet his next victim. Soon...but not yet. All he could do now was revel in the power Brennan's panic flooded him with and gaze at the corpse whose fate it was to forever stare up at the night sky with glazed over eyes.
Niah
Niah
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:28 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked
WOW!
You took the creepiness to the whole new level! Shocked
Spoon loved it and wants MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bounce
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Niah Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:09 am

Muahahaha, I just love creepy business! Like I said, you better hold on to your seat because I am just getting started!
Niah
Niah
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by fanofbones Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:20 am

fab tackle hugs lacey....love ya girl..and missed ya girl

I think I'll read along...again...
He's an evil SOB....he still gives me shivers...

hugs woman
and hellfreakinyeah for Lacey's Thursdays
glug glug whooooooooooofuckinhooooooooooooooooooooooo

fab
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2287
Say What You Want : What if I have nothing to say? Huh?
Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Aaaaaaah, I love this story!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:33 am

I have the feeling that I read that before.....
can't wait for next thursday to come.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:54 am

ToZiKa wrote:I have the feeling that I read that before.....
can't wait for next thursday to come.....
SURE thing! It is one of the best fics on ff.net. cheers
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:26 pm

well my little evil writer.........as you know.......i absolutely adore and love this story.......all the torture devices........oh the skull splitter.........what fond memories...........lol.......
so i went ahead and read the first chapter AGAIN.........just like the first time.......you are just that good my dear..........muahhhaaaaaaaaaa how do you do it.????????????? and may i say its about time you posted........i was waiting ever so patiently............really i was...............lol

again............i cant wait for chapter 2.......even though i printed this fic out the first time........and have it........lovvvve it.......................thanks for putting it up for everyone to read here........i know they are going to adore it................thanks niah...........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:18 pm

I know I know... turi is SUCH a terrible reviewer!!!
**hangs head in shame**
I am a bit late in posting but ..............
ROOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD you caved in under peer-pressure!!! Very Happy Very Happy.
But you know we do this because we care!!!! and look at that EVEN FAB reviewed!! I haven't seen that woman in AGES AGES!!!.

This is such a WICKEDLY TWISTEDLY AWESOME FIC!!! I can't wait to read the rest!!!
I LOVE IT!!! (well...... really LOVE IT because it's such well written .... but not because of the evil creepy things these guy is doing; because then that will make me like a2b! and I think one twisted mind in this place is enough!! love you a2b!!............... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thinking about it!!! we are all crazy ........ just in different ways)
OK Anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyywhoooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Today is THURSDAY LACEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you know what that means right?!?!?!
ANOTHER CHAAAAAAAAPPIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder what our mad-man Twisted Evil Twisted Evil has in store for us today !?!?!?! Suspect Suspect Suspect
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Strappado a fic by Niah - NOW POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/7/08 - Page 2 Empty Chapter II - The Hanging Cage

Post by Niah Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:35 am

- II -

-- THE HANGING CAGE --

The hanging cage or gibbet is a torture method mostly used in Europe where the Spanish Inquisition kept people on their toes. After being tortured by other lovely devices, you are locked into a cage of wood or iron in the form of a human being. Then you are hung from a gibbet, a tree branch or a castle wall in either cities, towns or along rural routes. You can either be put on display and be freed after some time or you are forced to die a slow, brutal death as you are left to face hunger, thirst, and the elements (heat stroke and death because of extreme cold are common). Once you have died, your body is left inside until your flesh dissolves and your bones fall apart. Oh, and don't bother begging your relatives or friends to retrieve your body. There is a chance you are locked in a cage studded with nails that only a crow can enter.

In the first chapter we left Brennan at poor murdered John's side. As the police invade her home, she is unable to stop them and must feel as helpless as you stuck in that hanging cage. Brennan has to endure the torture of being put on display before a handful of officers who are hungry to make an arrest as well as a pack of unwelcome spectators.

Thursday November 15 - Outside Brennan's apartment - 22:15

Booth had never seen the place more crowded. Dozens of people were milling about at the apartment building's entrance doors. One look at the men and women clad in police uniforms trying to keep the other people, presumably citizens, at bay made Booth veer the SUV into the first available parking space he spotted. It was about 10:15 in the evening. Darkness had already settled over Washington D.C. leaving only numerous lamp posts and light shining from homes up to the task of chasing the night away in the city.

Booth had been on his way to his partner's apartment building. Of course he had been well aware that it was a Thursday evening--a time Brennan recently had begun reserving for a certain man named John. Up until now Booth hadn't had the pleasure of meeting him, but that certainly wasn't Brennan's fault. She hadn't exactly tried to keep him a secret. Since Booth spent a great deal of time in her presence, the little hints she dropped had been more than obvious to pick up, especially since Brennan's subtlety was the equivalent of most people's bluntness. Those 'hints' hadn't so much enraged as shaken him. Another dimwit in her bed, he had resentfully thought. Let's hope he won't break her heart or I'll break him.

Booth ruefully shook his head as he got out of his car to meet the disturbance outside. He was completely engulfed in his musings. The fact that there were police officers swarming the apartment building where Brennan lived had made him screech to a stop earlier, but didn't seem to penetrate his thoughts now. It was as if he lost his concentration--his grip--on reality whenever the concept of Brennan entertaining other men occupied his mind. At any other given time he would have elbowed through the crowd and would have raced to the fifth floor to check on his partner, but now...He felt a familiar feeling--something he vaguely labeled as a mix of jealousy and disappointment--stir in his stomach. For some time now they were partners. Before Brennan, he had never imagined how intertwined his life could become with that of a squint. Now she was with him twenty-four seven--half the time physically, most of the time mentally.

Trouble, he had thought when he had first set eyes on her. Trouble, had crossed his mind again when he had 'rescued' her from airport security. Double trouble, his conscious and something in a more southerly region shouted nowadays whenever their hands accidentally brushed or a look lingered too long. It was all accidental of course because, after all, they were only friends--best friends actually, but still just friends. An occasional spark set them on fire every now and then, but they had mutually and silently decided not to let that spark engulf their friendship. They chose to ignite relationships with other people instead. In Booth's case that had happened precisely two times--once with Brennan's superior Cam, and once again with Sam, short for Samantha. Well, those were his most recent flings. Rebecca and Tessa he deliberately ignored because he felt they belonged to a different part of his life, from long before he had realized just how often Brennan was on his mind.

Samantha had been a feisty red-headed lawyer, almost two heads shorter than him, and with a well known temper that could rise and fall in one breath. When Sam was on the warpath, the tide could turn in the most unexpected direction. Either she drove him in a corner while tirelessly throwing accusations at his head, or she ended up chaining him to the bed with his handcuffs and keeping him up almost the entire night. It had been a tempestuous, wildly emotional, and most of all, short-lived relationship. Looking back on his intense month with Samantha, Booth realized he had only used her as an outlet for all the different kinds of frustration he had been harboring for quite some time now--ever since he had met Brennan to be honest.

The times his mind had wandered towards a possible plan of trapping his partner in her office and pinning her to a wall, he had done so with Samantha. Whenever Brennan's stubborn streaks had gotten to him, he had deliberately caused an argument with Sam to blow off some steam. It had calmed him for a while, going home every night and knowing Sam would be there to stimulate him in one way or another, until one day Brennan had turned up on his doorstep. If he thought it had been awkward finding her at his door when Tessa was around, then he obviously hadn't anticipated how ridiculously embarrassed he had felt when Brennan had interrupted Samantha and him mid-lovemaking. Sam had taken one look at Brennan, had scrunched up her nose, and had stomped out of his house not caring that she was only wearing his shirt. She hadn't even bothered freeing Booth from his handcuffs, leaving him in nothing but a pair of boxers, metal bracelets, and an uncomfortable smile. Just as suddenly as Samantha had entered his life, she had vanished when she had laid eyes on Brennan. If only the men passing through Brennan's bed did the same as soon as they saw him.

Booth tightly clutched the file he had brought with him to serve as a pretext for visiting Brennan's place at this time of night. It was not unusual for him to be there after 10 P.M., but that was only when they were on a case. Right now they were supposedly working on separate cases, while they waited for a victim to turn up that would require both their skills so that the victim could be identified and the mystery could be solved. So without a case it would appear awkward for him to stop by her place for no particular reason; that's why he had brought the file. He was going to use it as a ticket for the spoil-Brennan's-night train.

Booth sighed as he absent-mindedly noted the different slap of his shoes on a wet street. Stupid weather, he groaned in his head. Stupid November weather. Stupid Thursday evening. Stupid John. His presence would be awkward anyway, especially when Brennan had made it clear that she didn't want to be disturbed tonight. But how could Booth not do so? Telling him to steer clear from her place was like telling Hodgins and Zach to stop racing beetles--a pointless request that would never be granted. Especially because he had a bad feeling about that John-guy. He had wriggled himself into Brennan's life too fast and too smoothly for Booth's liking. He would have to be careful and keep a close eye on his partner for the time being.

The crowd of curious spectators didn't part when Booth tried to approach the entrance door. He sighed and began pushing past them. Sidestepping a pregnant woman, rounding a young man who was gaping upwards without making any attempt of closing his mouth, and brushing past an elderly couple staring up and pointing to the building in front of them, Booth slowly made his way through the dense group of people. All the while he kept thinking how he could properly explain his reason for showing up uninvited at her door. He couldn't just flat out confess that he wanted to check out whoever was responsible for that foolish smile she had been wearing the last couple of weeks. If he dared stating he had a hunch John was not on the up-and-up, Brennan would hurl one of her travel souvenirs at his head. Claiming that he desperately needed her signature, the excuse he at first had thought of using, wasn't a good enough reason either because...All thoughts, as well as color, drained from him when he glared at a woman who suddenly jabbed her finger at something above them and he absent-mindedly followed her pointing.

Right above them, on the fifth floor, on the balcony Booth was certain belonged to Brennan, were four people standing. One of them appeared to be a police officer. Even in the dim light of the lamp-posts Booth could distinguish his uniform. The two standing next to the police officer he unfortunately immediately identified. Their blue jumpsuits were too familiar for him to not recognize. They could either be crime scene investigators or attendants from the coroner's office. Either way, their presence meant trouble. The fourth person...Booth's breath hitched when he locked onto a wild mass of auburn-reddish locks and a glimpse of pale skin. In no time Booth was wrestling his way through the crowd as if his life depended on it. He roughly shoved past a kid about eighteen years old who was staring upward with an ear to ear grin and nearly poked a man's eye out with the file he was holding because he was attempting to swim instead of push his way to the entrance door.

"Special Agent Seeley Booth," he stated as he flashed his badge at the man guarding the door. Booth figured using his authority as FBI agent would be the fastest way to get to the fifth floor. As a plain civilian he would be held back like all those eager men and women drumming for a glance of blood behind him.

"A Fed?" The man Booth had addressed whistled in awe. "I knew you guys were fast, but this is just..." He whistled again, grinning as well this time. When he saw Booth's impatient glare, he quickly stepped aside to let him pass. "It's on the fifth floor. You better brace yourself. It ain't a pretty sight."

Those words made Booth hurry even more. He had just seen Brennan standing on her balcony, very much alive, but that didn't mean she couldn't be hurt. Doing his best to keep himself centered, Booth poked the button several times to call for the elevator. He almost sighed in relief when the doors finally slid open. It was ridiculous of him to worry so much. He mentally corrected himself. It wasn't ridiculous to care about his partner. It was only stupid to get so worked up over probably nothing. But then his muscles tensed and his stomach churned. Who was he trying to kid? Police wouldn't invade her home if everything was alright. They only showed up when something bad happened. And in this case that something bad involved his partner.

All the way up to the fifth floor Booth tried to calm himself. He had always been quite an emotional man, but when it concerned Brennan, his emotions got the better of him for some unknown reason. Whereas he normally would worry just enough like every other person, his spine was as stiff as a board and he was swallowing nervously. He vaguely wondered when his feelings for his partner had spun so out of control, but his mind was already set on other matters--what was going on at Brennan's apartment to be more specific.

The second the elevator doors opened, he burst through them and hurried down the hallway. He walked rapidly past two police officers who were questioning Brennan's neighbors and skidded to a stop once he had passed the apartment's threshold. In the middle of Brennan's tidy living room he found her staring numbly at a man in uniform who kept firing questions her way. He had a pen and a small notebook similar to Booth's in his hand just in case Brennan gave him a useful or valuable piece of information. But by the looks of Brennan's absent gaze and the crease on the man's forehead, she wasn't cooperating. Booth's eyes briefly flicked from Brennan's arms tightly folded over her chest to the empty plates on the dining room table. Then he eyed the two men in blue--they were from the coroner's office he could now conclude--who were laying out a large bag the size of a human being. God no, he mentally moaned. Please don't tell me... A glance at the lifeless body with grayish skin and a thin line of blood running down the man's face out of a small round hole in his forehead confirmed his initial conclusion. Brennan's latest boyfriend had been shot. He crossed the room with a couple of long strides.

"Bones, what the hell happened?" His exasperated bark with a tinge of worry annoyed the police officer questioning her, but seemed to pull Brennan out of her paralysis.

"Booth," she mumbled surprised. "What are you doing here?"
Niah
Niah
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Strappado a fic by Niah - NOW POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/7/08 - Page 2 Empty Chapter II - The Hanging Cage (Part II)

Post by Niah Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:36 am

"I came to...Never mind, it doesn't matter." He fiddled around with the file he had meant to use as a poor excuse, tempted to throw it on the table next to a pair of empty dinner plates. But since he didn't want to contaminate the crime scene, he stopped fiddling and went back to staring at his partner. "Answer the question, Bones. What went down here?" Brennan frowned and was about to reply when the officer, slightly ticked off because Booth had interrupted his interrogation, butted in.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to step back. We're in the middle of an investigation here." He tried his best to sound dominant. He even put up a hand as if he wanted to push Booth out of the apartment, but thanks to the nervous twitching of the corners of his mouth his entire authoritarian appearance was not very convincing.

Booth ignored his feeble attempts at sending him away and instead crossed his arms and harshly said, "You call this an investigation? Your buddy downstairs let me through the second he saw my badge. If you're not careful, anyone waving something badge-like around can waltz in here and compromise our crime scene!"

"Our crime scene? Sir, I don't think this is..."

"Yeah whatever, pal," Booth interrupted him. "Why don't you go play with your officer friends while I handle this, alright? Great, thanks." He was about to turn his back to the young police officer, but changed his mind. "Oh, and do you think you could put this somewhere safe? Preferably in an area that's already cleared?" he said as he thrust the file at the young man.

The officer sighed, accepted the file, and walked away to leave the file in a cleared corner where his colleagues had set down their equipment. Booth nodded satisfied. In a matter of seconds he had taken over the investigation and had everyone accept him as the new lead. Just how he liked it. Without further ado Booth turned and gently lifted his hands to Brennan's face.

"You alright there, Bones?" he murmured as he tilted her head from side to side to check for scratches, blood, or anything that might look worth worrying over.

She swatted his hands away. "I'm fine," Brennan sharply returned. Her arms rapidly went back to being folded across her chest.

"You're not fine." Booth sighed deeply as her eyes flickered dangerously. It would be of no use arguing with her over her sanity right now. He brought his hands up again, this time to grip her upper arms. "What happened here?" he asked for the third time, staring straight at her with the intention to match her words with what he saw roaming in the depths of her eyes.

"We were outside, John and I, when..." She quickly looked away, wetted her lips, and hesitantly turned back to meet Booth's stare. "John was shot...a single round to the head. I have no idea where it came from. It happened too fast for me to see. He fell to the ground before I understood what was going on."

"John as in John your boyfriend?"

From the corner of his eye, Booth saw police photographers shoot several series of pictures of the patio and of the body before it could be moved. . His stomach churned upon catching sight of grey matter mixed with blood trickling down the neck. The image, however, also made him frown. Was the exit wound supposed to be this low if Brennan had shot him?

Embarrassment immediately washed over him. Like any other cop, he suspected right away the only other person who had been with the victim in the same room at the time of the murder. Brennan hadn't shot him; she would never. If John had attacked her, her first instinct would have been to kick him somewhere down south, not blow his brain all over the patio.

"No, as in ex-boyfriend."

Brennan's tone had turned sharp as razorblades again and shook Booth out of his thoughts. She was pointedly eyeing him as if she had read his mind two seconds ago. One of his hands pushed back his jacket and found his hip as Booth thoughtfully stared at his partner. She was panic-stricken. Of course she was. Nothing made Brennan turn cold faster than frightfully strong emotions. Brennan stared him straight in the eyes.

"John was shot," she said next in a monotonous voice. "There's an entry wound in his forehead and an exit wound on the back of his neck. Only the lower half of his skull is shattered. A close up shot would have had a different outcome."

Booth nodded confirming. "You know these things better than me. I believe you, Bones."

When he turned, he saw the coroner's assistants wrap the body bag around John's corpse. They zipped up the bag and lifted it onto a stretcher. When they rolled the stretcher past them, Booth stopped them. He wasn't a fan of remains, whether they were still fleshy, juicy or already reduced to a pile of bones, but something about the entry wound was nagging in the back of his mind. Though he had only caught a glimpse of John's head, something had felt off. So he stopped the stretcher, opened the bag, and examined the clean, rather small, bullet wound. As he did so, he casually asked Brennan, "What kind of a man was John? Did he have, you know..."

"A blood link to Al Capone?" Brennan dryly retorted. "He was an honest man, Booth. John had no enemies." Booth gritted his teeth. So this was no drive by or a settlement of an account. He turned back to the bullet wound.

"I'm no expert," Booth began slowly, "but I have to agree here. If you shot him, the entire back of the skull would be a mess, not just half." Brennan nodded in agreement.

"The exit wound is too low," she said. "Only someone considerably taller could have shot him from that angle."

"Or a sniper," Booth grimly added. Upon feeling all eyes turn on him, he straightened up. "They were outside. The shot could have easily come from across the street. I would start by searching the opposite building."

The young officer agreed to both Brennan's as Booth's surprise. But Booth's next observation stopped him from sending someone to check out Booth's theory. Booth was leaning over the corpse again.

"There's something wrong with this bullet hole. Most sniper rifles are military. Commercial .308 Winchester slugs or NATO 7.62 x 51 mm rounds are commonly used for those rifles, but they would have caused a much larger wound. This one is too small." He squinted as he rounded the stretcher to look at the wound from a different angle. Suddenly he cursed. "I bet it's from a .22 caliber rifle. Both military and terrorist snipers have been known to use small caliber rifles in close urban settings. Maybe our sniper is no ordinary shooter. He seems to prefer unconventional rifles," he finished, cold anger ringing loud and clear in his voice.

Booth was charging for the front door in no time. Brennan hastily walked after him. She skidded to a stop, wearing a dangerous scowl, when he turned and pointed at one of her couches.

"Sit, Bones. You are not coming with me." Seeing Brennan was on the verge of exploding, Booth's face softened. He gestured more gently at the couch now. "You can't leave now. I'm sure there are some CSIs on the way, ready to check you for gunpowder residue."

Brennan defiantly crossed her arms and her glare turned even darker. Booth's stomach turned when it dawned on him Brennan was shaken up enough she didn't want to be left alone in a situation where she usually was on the other side, examining the scene as a forensic anthropologist. Being treated as a potential murderer despite Booth's conclusions and being subjected to all the tests she knew were mandatory unsettled and annoyed her more than she was willing to admit. The fierce glint in her eyes an attempt to hide her panic told Booth enough though.

"You know the deal, Bones," he softly spoke so only she could hear him. "They'll probably want to keep an eye on you at least until tomorrow morning." He tried to smile reassuringly. "You know what? After I've confirmed my sniper theory, I'll come back and keep you company until everyone has cleared off." A frown appeared on his face. "Maybe then you could explain why you didn't call me."

"Booth, I..." Brennan started.

"Later, Bones. Now sit," Booth ordered again before turning and striding out.

Three police officers promptly followed him. They would have never guessed this to be a sniper murder. Booth on the other hand found himself seething inside. His partner's boyfriend, as much as he had loathed him even though he had never set eyes on the guy, had been gunned down by a murderer taught the same skills as Booth. Booth would never try to justify his actions as right, but at least he had shot dangerous men capable of killing dozens of people, not some innocent man who happened to be out on a patio with an anthropologist.

Flanked by the three officers, Booth pushed through the still dense crowd, ignoring the questions thrown at him, and swiftly crossed the street. He halted on the sidewalk to inspect the building. Most of the lights were on, except on the sixth floor. In the apartment farthest along the right side there was not a single light lit. Seeing that everyone else had left their lights on in their haste to view a blood spectacle, he had a feeling the apartment was empty and thus an ideal hide-out for a sniper.

Booth confidently entered the building and was pleased to see a man with a set of keys--probably the janitor--come rushing in after them, obviously meaning he wouldn't be tempted to shoot the door lock. All five of them rode up to the sixth floor and went down the hallway, the policemen checking open apartment doors just to be sure. The janitor used his key to open the door, leaving Booth to note either his hunch about the apartment was wrong or the lock had been picked earlier.

As he drew his gun and carefully walked inside, Booth's anger suddenly flared and a loud curse escaped him. Before him, neatly arrayed on the glass coffee table, put on display as if it was a crown jewel, lay a black and brown sniper rifle. It was a Russian SV-99, exactly one meter long, designed to the technical requirements of SPETSNAZ--Russia's special force. The nipple from a baby bottle stretched over the end of the barrel to serve as a silencer. The sniper had obviously left it behind for someone, maybe even for Booth himself to find. As a more than clear message it said that John's shooting was no accident; it was straight-out murder.

They had a madman on their hands.
Niah
Niah
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:00 am

What could I say except for "PERFECT" and "YUMMY"?!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:44 am

omg...........can i say again for like the thousandth time............I FREAKIN LOVE THIS FICseriously.........cannot get enough...........on the edge of my seat all the time........plus the torture devices........you certainly did your homework..........and it shows..............wonderfully done niah........so good..............you can tell i like it right............lol.........oh i look forward to thursdays all over again now...............and turi...........am i to understand that i am twisted............so took it as a compliment..........no worries............and nothing is as twisted as this guys brain and all his twisted devices.........freakin great i tell you............and nobody does it like niah..............oh the terror and the gore.............love love love..........................again niah...........wonderful job...........so good.........you see......i am running out of words.............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..and may i give a little shoutout to my sunshine...............good work turi for getting niah to post this............you rock..............
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:43 am

loved it!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:36 am

OMG I LOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEE it so much
It's soooooooooooooo never wrecking and fascinating!
Is it next Thursday yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by fanofbones Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:33 am

oh god, how I adore Lacey's Thursdays.....
you rock woman
and this chapter rocks....
I love the manly man coming in and taking over the investigation
grrrrrr...yummy sexy...I love it when he orders them around...

love it girl, can't wait for more
fab
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:01 am

CAN I GET A HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!??!
IT IS THURSDAY FIIIIIIIIINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
I am hoping to see another chappie soon; oh how the games have just begun! will any of the squints be safe from madman? We will have to stick around and find out!!!!
OH and as many of you don't know I have recently developed a smiley addiction! Very Happy and I have found some creepy ones just for my roommie Niah aka Lacey here!!!

HERE THEY GOOOOOOOOO
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:05 am

Turi ray of sunshine wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Oh my... What a smiley (if you stll can call it so!).
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by fanofbones Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:13 am

HHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO????????????

Last I looked, its Lacey's Thursdays.....
Lace, where are you? More important, where is the next chapter?

hugs woman
fab
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next