Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perdition and Paradise, rated M, B/B angst-by Jremme

+10
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
smile0303
kruff1998
Cassiopeia
Temperance Rose
206bones2break
magicstar
ToZiKa
jremme
willgirl
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Perdition and Paradise, rated M, B/B angst-by Jremme - Page 3 Empty Re: Perdition and Paradise, rated M, B/B angst-by Jremme

Post by ForensicMama Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:01 pm

This story is genius! Great job!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Perdition and Paradise, rated M, B/B angst-by Jremme - Page 3 Empty Re: Perdition and Paradise, rated M, B/B angst-by Jremme

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:12 pm

I so much like this story. Smile Please continue soon!
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:19 pm

whohohohohoooooooooo new chappie...you rock girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and yes...I still want MORE! Very Happy
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:15 am

I hope that Olivia won't become another problem....they have enough to deal with now....
but it looks like everything is getting better now.....
PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by jremme Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:08 am

Hey all! Here's an update. Thanks so much for reading! I love reading your responses and seeing all the awesome sigs! I cannot do things like that, so keep 'em coming! Enjoy!! =)(=

Chapter 17: admissions

After he left, Brennan wandered back into her bedroom and collapsed on the now cool bed, her head cushioned in the pillow. The fire ignited in her by their kiss remained burning just as strongly despite his absence, and, in fact, intensified. She found herself staring at the pile of clothing he’d left at the foot of the bed when he’d changed.

She reached as far as she could without getting uncomfortable and managed to grasp his shirt by two fingers. She pulled it to her and inhaled his scent, bringing her head back to the pillow, holding the shirt to her chest. She’d read in one of the various pregnancy books Angela had brought her during her bed rest that it was possible for a woman’s sex drive to increase or decrease during pregnancy. She hadn’t thought much about it while he was gone, but now that he was back and their relationship was seemingly back on track, she guessed that hers was increasing. At least if the desires bubbling to the surface of her mind were any indication.

She had also read that sex during pregnancy was perfectly safe for the baby in the case of a low risk pregnancy. Once her blood pressure was down, she hoped that hers would qualify as a low risk. She’d ask Dr. McEnroe at her appointment that day just to make sure it would be all right. She didn’t want to suggest it to Booth before then.

The possibility that they could be in bed together intimately again brought back feelings of their first night together. Phantom sensations brought on by the memory of his caresses had her skin tingling all over. She closed her eyes, thinking of how real it all felt. She snapped back to the here and now as she felt a flutter against her stomach.

She smiled at the movement and put her hand on her belly where she’d felt the flutter. Things like that aided in reminding her that this baby, this life was continuing to develop and grow. And that he was dependent on her. It was amazing really. She looked at the clock. She still had a few hours until her appointment.

After listening to Olivia’s message, Booth immediately called her back. What the hell was she thinking?

“Hello?”

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“Nice greeting. I’m thinking I want to get out of this place. I was born and raised on the east coast. I’m considering it a homecoming of sorts.”

“So that’s the only reason?” He’d suspected she had feelings for him, but had nothing concrete, and he certainly wasn’t going to call her on it.

“Of course it is. And we still get to work together, at least until Dr. Brennan pops.”

“Don’t talk about her like that.” There was a warning tone in his voice that told her he was dead serious.

“Fair enough. I’ll be there soon. See you then Seeley.” She hung up, leaving Booth with silence and a slight crackling noise in his ear.

Although there was nothing between them, he wasn’t altogether certain that Olivia could be trusted to keep it that way. Angela didn’t seem to think so, considering her constant hovering while they’d been in Anchorage. He shook his head, praying that this wouldn’t complicate things.

At one thirty, Brennan had her shoes on and was ready to go. He was late arriving, but she was so happy to see him she really didn’t care. She always had to sit in the waiting room for awhile anyway. He knocked on the door, which, upon opening it, she told him he didn’t have to do.

“I figured you’d be back earlier,” she said winding her arms around his neck, and stepping as close to him as she could.

“I got to talking with people at the office,” he replied, which was true. He’d been waylaid by practically everyone he passed in the hallways.

She answered by pressing a kiss to his mouth. The contact coupled with his arms going around her waist to hold her tight brought her desires to the surface, causing her body to react to him in ways that made the urge to just jump him almost overbearing. He broke away from her first, taking in her flushed skin and quickened breathing. “Are you ok?”

Uh huh,” she said for lack of better words. She tossed her head and grabbed her purse, regaining control over herself and heading to the door. “Let’s go.”

When her name was called in the waiting room, Brennan led the way, following the nurse to the now familiar room. She smiled when she turned to the mother to be, the smile growing even wider when she took notice of Booth.

“I see Miss Montenegro was busy today,” she commented, shaking the hand that Booth held out to her.

Brennan made the introduction, and thought the nurse might die of happiness. “So this is the elusive Seeley Booth! I’ve heard so much about you; I was hoping to be able to meet you. Miss Montenegro’s description did not do you justice!” She looked from one to the other. “This baby is going to be the cutest!”

Booth cleared his throat and sat down in a chair against the wall, slightly uncomfortable with the attention the gushing nurse was lavishing on him. Back to business, the nurse wound the blood pressure cuff around Brennan’s arm.

When the pressure of the cuff released, Brennan held her breath for a second. Moment of truth.

“Wow, what a difference a week makes!” she shook her head in amazement at the improvement.

“Is it normal?” Brennan asked, forgetting to cover the anxiety in her voice.

“It’s perfect.” She smiled at Brennan and put the cuff away. Excited by the statement and not trying to hide it, Brennan turned shining eyes and a blinding grin to Booth.

“Did you hear that?”

He returned her smile with one of his own. “I did.” He put a hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

“The doctor will be in shortly. We’re going to hook you up to a fetal heart monitor to check out the baby’s heart rate.” She left the room, and Brennan breathed a sigh of relief. No more bed rest. Now she could concentrate on the nursery and on her ever growing desires for the man next to her.

She turned to him. “You know, the baby weighs about five ounces at this stage and is about as long.”

“That’s really cool Bones. Did you read that somewhere?”

“Yes, I’ve been researching developmental stages in the second trimester. His skeleton is also beginning to transform from cartilage to bone. Just thought you might want to know.”

“I do. Anything else?”

“Well, the pads of his fingers and toes are also forming. And his prostate is also beginning to develop.”

He quirked a brow at her and she recalled his unease with things like that and thought that perhaps development of their son’s sexual organs wasn’t the best thing to mention to him.

But then he just shook his head, muttering, "Amazing.”

“I felt a flutter today,” she informed him.

“Like a kick?”

“Yes.”

“I missed that too.” His head went down for a moment, staring at his shoes before bringing his eyes back to her.

“It’s not like we could plan when it would happen. Besides, don’t worry, there’ll be others.” She gave him a comforting smile and reached for his hand.

Dr. McEnroe entered then, and did a double take at seeing Booth with her instead of Angela. A smile lit her face and she held out her hand. “I’m Deanna McEnroe. You must be the daddy.”

“Yep. Seeley Booth.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you at last.” She looked at Brennan, gave her a little wink, then looked at her chart. “Congratulations my dear! You are officially out of the woods! I suppose we have you to thank for that.”

Here she glanced at Booth before focusing on Brennan again. “Have you been feeling all right?”

“Yes. I felt a flutter kick this morning.”

“Excellent! We’re going to hook you up to the fetal heart monitor and check that out. I’m also going to get you on some prenatal vitamins. Sound good?”

Brennan nodded. “Oh, Dr. McEnroe. I had a question.”

“Shoot.”

“Since my blood pressure is normal again, I was wondering if I could engage in sexual intercourse.”

“Bluntness. I admire that Dr. Brennan. The answer is yes, you can; barring anything amiss with the baby’s heart rate, I definitely don’t see a problem.” She smiled at the couple, noticing the look on Booth’s face that told her he wished Brennan hadn’t been so blunt, and left the room to get the nurse.

“Bones!” he exclaimed once the door had shut.

“What?” Brennan didn’t see anything wrong with what she’d said. “I had to clear things with her first, just to make sure it was all right.”

“You’re not really thinking about…” he gestured animatedly with his hands rather than finishing the sentence.

“If you’re referring to us having sex, then, yes, I am really thinking about it.”

“But…but, you’re pregnant!”

“So? Dr. McEnroe said it was perfectly all right. My fluctuating hormones are increasing my sex drive, and now that I’ve received assurances that it’s all right, I see no reason why my needs shouldn’t be attended to.”

“Bones, it’s…it’s…”

“Are you telling you didn’t have sex with Rebecca the entire time she was pregnant with Parker?”

His eyes darted away from hers and he mumbled, “She never wanted to.”

The implication sunk in. “Wait, are you attempting to tell me that you don’t want to have sex with me?”

“No! That’s not it at all. It’s just…” He honestly didn’t know what it was. A fear of triggering something perhaps. She’d just gotten this blood pressure thing under control. They, meaning the three of them, didn’t need anything else going wrong.

The door opened and the nurse re-entered with the heart monitor. Brennan shot him a Look that communicated quite clearly that the conversation was by no means finished.

“You’re two for two today!” The nurse announced happily. “Everything’s perfect.” She gave Brennan’s hand a squeeze. “We’ll get something scheduled at the front desk for a few weeks from now and do another ultrasound.” She left, gesturing for them to follow her.

Brennan scheduled her next appointment, picked up the vitamins from the pharmacy, and then they went back to her apartment.

She was about to bring up their earlier argument when his phone rang. He held up a finger to silence her and answered it. “Hello?” At the sound of the voice on the other end, he ran a hand over his face, and went into the hallway to talk.

While he was otherwise occupied, Brennan called Angela to tell her the good news.

“Yes! We can finally go shopping. I’ll take off early. Cam will understand; then we can hit the shops. I’ll be over in twenty!” She was too excited to say goodbye, and Brennan grinned at her friend’s enthusiasm. She closed her phone, and noticed Booth talking quietly in the hall. He was clearly agitated, and she could make an educated guess as to who had called him.

Was it possible to despise someone you had never even met? It sounded irrational, but at the same time, she felt she had a right to those feelings. Seeing him close his phone, she wondered if he’d tell her what was going on. If he didn’t see it as an issue, perhaps he wouldn’t. But she wanted to know, so she asked.

“What’s going on?”

He looked surprised at her question so she clarified. “This Olivia woman calling you.”

He explained who she was, and his description of their relationship matched Angela’s. He left out her feelings for him, however, but she figured he didn’t know about that, at least not for sure, and that it was only Angela’s astute observations that had led to Brennan knowing.

Then he went further to explain the voicemail that morning and the reason for the most recent phone call. She was flying out in a few days and wanted him to pick her up at the airport.

“Tell her to take a taxi,” Brennan said evenly, knowing that he wouldn’t. She had asked for a favor and he wasn’t the type to refuse a simple innocent request such as that. “On second thought, I’ll tell her to take a taxi.” She held out her hand for his phone, and when she didn’t feel the weight of it in her open palm, she met his eyes with a fiery challenge in her own.

“Bones, there’s no need for the jealousy. Really. She’s just a partner; that’s it, nothing more.”

“Like I was just a partner,” she replied sharply, ready to snatch the phone from where it rested in his hand at his side.

“You’re different.”

“How so?”

He didn’t reply, and that only served to feed the building irritation and frustration within her.

“Fine. Fine, if that’s the way you want it; fine.” Anger clouding her judgment and ability to think clearly, she stalked to the door and slammed it shut behind her, leaving a shocked and perplexed Booth behind, rooted to the spot she’d left him in. A moment later, she stormed back in, shutting the door again.

“This is my apartment. You get out.”

“Bones, this is crazy!”

“You don’t want to sleep with me, you didn’t want to answer me; just go!” She was treading on thin ice and she knew it; brief thoughts broke through the angry haze in her brain, alerting her that she didn’t really want him leaving, that she needed him there with her, and first and foremost, she really didn’t want to fight.

“All right; you want an answer, fine. I’ll give you an answer. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

She looked at him, her eyes showing him the storm that was still brewing there.

“You’re different from Olivia because I don’t feel anything for her. I don’t…I don’t love her.”

Brennan pulled her lip between her teeth, letting his statement sink in. The fight left her eyes and she was about to say something when an energetic knock sounded on the door. Angela.

With a whisper of “later,” in his direction, she picked up her purse and opened the door. Angela took in the expression on her face and knew something had happened. Something big. Waving at Booth in acknowledgement, she noted that his face carried a similar expression before ushering her friend out the door.
jremme
jremme

Number of posts : 23
Say What You Want : Be kind, rewind
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://www.myspace.com/jremme

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:35 am

looks like it could be a good thing after al that Olivia is trying to stay in contact with Booth.
but I don't like the idea, that she will move closer to them now.....I don't want them to fight again.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by jremme Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:43 am

Whew! It's been awhile. I apologize and offer this update in hopes of forgiveness. Please enjoy!! =)

Chapter 18: shopping

Brennan leaned against the shopping cart as Angela and the salesgirl threw things indiscriminately into it. She gave her input when asked, but otherwise let her friend and the helpful girl go to town. She knew she’d need lots of things, but trusted that Angela would know, since she’d done the baby shopping thing before with another friend.

She put her thoughts on pause, staring into the cart. “Ange, do I really need two baby monitors?”

“Oh. Sorry. I guess I’m getting a little carried away.” Angela removed the excess monitor and placed it back on the shelf. “Ok, we picked out the monitor, bottles, bibs, a stroller, blankets, a mobile, a carseat, more baby clothes, baby shampoo, a high chair…what else besides the big stuff?” She looked at the salesgirl. “Jenny?”

Angela and Jenny began talking animatedly and picking up more items. Absently following them with the cart, Brennan let her thoughts leave the shopping trip for a moment. Had she heard Booth right? Did he really love her? She wasn’t fully convinced. She had no doubt that he cared for her in much the same manner as she did him; but love?

She pictured him in her mind’s eye, that look on his face as he told her. Frustration at her was present; that was for sure. Also, an unwillingness to admit what he’d ended up saying. She knew why that was. He thought her reaction to the confession would be less than positive. But, he’d also been sincere. She’d seen it in his eyes and heard it in his voice.

Having answered that, there was also the question of whether she returned the sentiment. She was pondering this when Angela’s voice broke in.

“Bren, what theme did you want for the baby’s room? We need to pick out a crib and stuff.”

“What are my choices?”

“What about a circus theme?”

She dismissed it after looking at the décor. “No. The animals are constructed incorrectly, and there are clowns. Booth is terrified of clowns.”

Angela giggled at that. “You’re kidding right? Big tough Booth afraid of clowns?!”

“I’m completely serious.”

Angela gulped back another fit of giggles and went on to the next choice. “What about Winnie the Pooh?”

Brennan made a face. “No. The characters all suffer from some sort of mental illness.”

“What?” Jenny and Angela both asked.

“For example, the blue donkey clearly suffers from depression. Winnie the Pooh himself has an eating disorder.”

She would have gone on if Angela hadn’t held up a hand to silence her. “Ok, maybe a theme isn’t such a good idea.”

“On the contrary, I think I’d like a nice peaceful sky theme, with clouds.”

“So lots of blues,” Jenny said. “We can work with that.” She and Angela began picking out furniture, asking for Brennan’s opinion and approval for each piece.

After delivery arrangements were made and packages carried to the car, they stopped for lunch.

“All right, I’ve been very good not bringing this up, but I can’t stand it any longer. What went on with you and Booth before I got there?”

Brennan frowned. “We argued.”

“You do that all the time. This was different.”

“About Olivia. She’s coming here to work and wanted him to pick her up at the airport in a few days.”

Angela groaned. “I’ll pick her up. Then I’ll dump her off in the middle of nowhere.” She grinned as Brennan’s mouth curled up at the corner. “You put a stop to that I hope.”

“Not exactly. I wanted to and I tried, but in the end I trust him. Plus, things moved on from that point.”

“Meaning?”

“He told me he loved me.”

Angela’s hand flew to her mouth, and she talked around it. “Oh. My. God. Did he really?”

“Yes.”

The hand came down and grasped Brennan’s. “This is the best news sweetie! What did you say? Please tell me you told him you loved him too.”

“I didn’t have time to reply. You came to pick me up. I don’t know what I’m going to say.”

“Bren! This is easy. You just say, ‘I love you too Booth.’ See, easy as that.”

“I’m not sure if my feelings go that far.”

Angela rolled her eyes. “You are impossible sometimes, you know that? You love him. Just admit it and everything will be perfect. You guys are gonna be ok from here on out. Forget about the tramp! He loves you and you love him!”

Brennan sighed at the mention of Olivia. “I can’t just forget about…the tramp. I certainly don’t trust her. And when all’s said and done, Booth is still a man. And since he won’t…” She trailed off, not wanting to get into that with Angela.

Angela’s eyes flashed. “Won’t what? What won’t he do?”

“Angela, I don’t think I want-,” Brennan began, but was cut off.

“Sweetie, you know you can tell me anything. I won’t hurt him…probably.”

Brennan gave in. “He won’t sleep with me.”

“What?! That’s crazy.”

“I don’t know if it’s me, or if it’s some irrational fear that something will happen with the baby. He admitted he wanted to sleep with Rebecca when she was pregnant, but he’s not showing any desire to with me.” Her head went down.

“Hey. Look at me.” Angela tilted her friend’s chin up so they were eye to eye. “Don’t let this go. If this is what you want, make him know that, and tell him what you’re feeling. Maybe you’re off base, or he’ll realize he’s just being stupid.” She took a sip of her drink. “K?”

Brennan nodded.

“Good. You two have got loads to discuss tonight. I’ll make sure I don’t call or anything, but you make sure to keep me updated.”

“I will. Thanks Ange.”

“Hey, it’s my job.” Angela smiled and gave Brennan’s hand a squeeze. “You ready for some clothes shopping?”

At Brennan’s affirmative response, they headed to a clothing store and began browsing the maternity section.

“This is cute.” Angela removed a denim jumper from the rack and held it out to her friend.

“It’s not really my style.”

“No offense sweetie, but in that case, you need a style cause this is adorable! I wonder if they have it my size.” She drifted to another section before focusing on her task again.

“Ok, here’s you.” She held up a pair of slacks and a blouse.

“I like those together.” Brennan took them from Angela and put them over her arm.

After the clothes shopping was finished, they both sat in Angela’s car in the parking lot of the clothing store. It was getting late; the sun was setting over the horizon.

“Anything else we need to do?” Brennan asked, not quite ready to go home yet.

“Well, have you thought about birthing classes?”

“Not really. Not yet anyway.”

“Well, start thinking about them. They might be helpful.”

“Perhaps. I’ll think about it.”

“Good. I think that’s about it for today then. If I can think of anything else, I’ll call you and we can make another shopping trip. You do the same if you think of anything.”

“I will Ange. Thank you for this. It was fun. Tiring, but fun.”

“Anytime.” She pulled out and headed for Brennan’s apartment. “Have you given any more thought about names?”

“No, I’ve been meaning to ask Booth his opinion, but the timing hasn’t been right what with everything else coming up.”

“Understandable. Can I just say that I kinda like the name Jacob, Jake for short?”

“I like that too.” She mentally added it to her short list.

“What about middle names?” Angela inquired.

“Oh, I already have that picked out.” She didn’t give any indication that she was going to tell Angela what it was, so Angela let it go.

“Here we are. Let’s go up and I can get Booth to help me bring our stuff in.”

“Angela, I can carry some bags inside.”

“No, no, you just go in and relax. We were out quite awhile.”

Brennan shrugged her shoulders. “If you insist.” Without further argument, she headed for the building. She was tired.

She unlocked her door and went in to find Booth sprawled on her couch, asleep with the latest anthropology journal on the couch next to him. She smiled and picked up the journal, the smile fading when she saw all the doodles he’d made on the pages. She replaced the journal on the bookshelf, and went to help Angela who had just come through the door, laden with bags.

The sound of the bags being dumped on the counter woke him up. “You’re back. Hey.”

“Hay is for horses,” Angela said with a small grin. “Get up. I need your help with the rest of the stuff.”

He went past Brennan to the door, dropping a quick kiss to her cheek before following Angela out to the car. Once everything was inside, Angela was invited to stay for awhile, but she declined. It was late, and she knew they needed to talk.

“I’d better go,” she said, giving Brennan a hug good bye before taking her leave.

They were across the room from each other, Booth in the kitchen, Brennan on the couch.

Brennan took a breath. Here goes. “Booth?”

He had his head buried in the fridge, hunting for what she didn’t know. He came up with a pitcher of iced tea. “Want some? I’m guessing it’s decaffeinated.”

“Your guess is correct, and yes, I would like some please. But Booth…”

He cut her off. “Wait until I finish up in here.”

He came back with two glasses and handed her one, sitting beside her. “Ok, now talk.”

She avoided his gaze. “I’ve been thinking about what you said earlier, that you love me and I’m just…I don’t know if I feel the same.”

“Oh.” At her words, his focus became fixed on the ice cubes in his glass, and she caught the tension that appeared in his jaw and the way his shoulders sagged

“It isn’t that I don’t care about you. I do,” she said lamely, knowing that it wouldn’t be enough.

He looked back at her then. “Can you look me in the eye, and tell me that you don’t feel even the slightest bit of love for me?”

She met his eyes. He loved her, that fact was cemented in her mind. Brennan thought. He meant so much to her; she knew she’d do anything for him. But was that love? She made a decision, and tore her eyes away from his.

“I can’t,” she said simply. Angela was right; she had to admit it, first to herself, then to him.

Everything I feel for him; that’s love. I love him.

She turned her gaze back to him, appreciative of his silence while she worked things out in her head. “I love you.”

One second she was looking at his brilliant smile and the next his hand was cupping her cheek and his lips were over hers. She could feel the emotion he was pouring into the kiss and tried to do the same thing, communicating without words.

When they broke apart, he reached into his pocket and pulled out some strips of paper, which he handed to her.

“What are these?” she asked, genuinely curious.

“Well, I felt bad that I missed your baby shower, and didn’t have a gift. Then I remembered last Mother’s Day. Parker made coupons for Rebecca, so I thought I’d do the same for you.”

“Ok.” She eyed them one by one, reading them aloud. “Can be exchanged for one foot rub.” She looked at the next one. “Good for one house cleaning.” She grinned at that one. “Good for one long hot bath with absolutely no interruptions. These are great Booth. Thank you.”

“You got some left. Keep reading.”

“Let’s see. Good for one romantic dinner. I think I like the sound of that one. This one says it’s a wild card. What’s that mean?”

“It means you can use it for anything you want.”

Brennan nodded, and looked at the last one, her smile growing as she read it.

“Read it Bones. I had to write it.”

”Good for a night of passion filled lovemaking. Reusable.”

“The others you can only use once.”

“I thought you didn’t want to-,” she began.

“I thought about it while you were gone. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to be with you. I did, and I do, but I just didn’t want anything to happen. Everything’s fine with you and baby and I didn’t want sex to mess that up. But, I figured, if the doctor’s ok with it, I should be too.”

“It’ll be all right. I wouldn’t do something that could be potentially harmful to the baby,” she assured him, taking his hand in hers.

“I know.”

“As much as I’d love to use this one tonight,” she said, waving it in front of his face. “I’m exhausted. I’m going to go to bed, if you want to join me.”

He didn’t answer her, but followed her down the hallway, grabbing her hand as she walked. When they were in bed, their arms wrapped around each other, Brennan said quietly, “Are we going to be ok?”

“Yes,” he whispered against her mouth before covering it with his. They shared kiss after kiss, touch after touch, not letting it go further than that, before relaxing into sleep, temporarily forgetting their worries that Olivia could upset their newfound peace.
jremme
jremme

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:13 am

I like it
PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:28 am

I like it too.. I am so looking froward the next chapter....
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jremme Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:59 am

Hey all!! So sorry for the wait. I love hearing from you! Please enjoy!! =)

Chapter 19: coupons

That morning, Brennan moved to stretch only to find her movements limited by Booth’s arms around her. Her mouth quirked upward as she remembered that all was well in her world for a change. She shifted position so that she was facing him, only to find that he was already awake.

She opened her mouth to say ‘good morning’ and had barely gotten the ‘good’ part out when his mouth covered hers. She closed her eyes and sighed happily. It was such a good feeling. She wondered how long she’d have that feeling, and then quickly shoved that thought out of her mind.

They broke apart, lips still almost touching and Brennan whispered, “Do you really have to go back to work tomorrow?” She moved her lips to his chin, planting soft kisses there before giving the same treatment to his neck and shoulder.

“You know I do.” He moved her head gently back up to look her in the eyes. “I’d prefer to stay in bed with you all day long, but I don’t think that would work out.” He kissed the tip of her nose, running his hands up and down her back.

“I should talk to Cam about coming back myself.”

“Think she’ll let you?”

“Worth a shot. Maybe she’ll let me come back part time at least.”

She glanced over at the bedside clock. “I gotta get up. It’s getting late.”

When he didn’t let her go, she swatted at his arm. “That was a hint to let me go.”

“I don’t feel like it,” he said, flashing her a grin.

“If you don’t let me go, I’ll call Angela and tell her all the details of the hot sex we had last night.”

“But we didn’t…you wouldn’t!”

Brennan chuckled wickedly at the blush that spread across his face. “Try me,” she threatened, pulling an arm free and reaching for her cell phone on the nightstand.

His arms instantly relinquished their grip around her, and she triumphantly rose from the bed. She leaned over him and gave him a kiss, whispering in his ear before she headed off to the bathroom to shower. “I love you.”

Once in the bathroom she realized that the words were easier to say after the first time. She had expected as much, but it was still a bit of a relief. When she’d admitted her feelings aloud the night before, it had been difficult. She ran a hand over her stomach and gazed at her reflection in the mirror. She had insisted to Angela that she wasn’t glowing, but maybe her friend had been right.

Despite the extra weight and the bump, coupled with bed hair and sweatpants, she thought she looked better than she had in a long time. She allowed herself a smile before stripping and climbing in the shower.

When she emerged, dressed and with a towel wrapped around her head, she made a beeline for the dresser where she’d placed the coupons he’d presented her with last night. She removed all but one, walked over to the bed, and deposited them on his chest.

“You’re using all of them at once?” he asked.

“All except the wildcard. I’m saving that one. You have to go back tomorrow, and I’m going to see if I can go back to work as well, so I want a nice relaxing day beforehand.”

“Ok, but I get to pick the order in which I do them.”

“Fine by me.”

He sifted through the small pile, putting them in the order he wanted them. “All right, so here’s how it’s gonna be. First, you get your foot rub. Second, I clean while you get your bath. This evening, we go out for your romantic dinner. Then, we get it on. Sound good?”

She nodded. “First though, you have to get out of bed.”

“No I don’t.”

“Did being in Alaska make you lazy? Get up!” She grabbed his hand and tugged. He resisted for a minute, then allowed himself to be pulled up into a sitting position.

“Give me a half hour or so, all right Bones?”

“Take your time. I can be patient.”

“Uh huh. My experience with pregnant women says different.”

She crossed her arms and tried her best to look indignant. “I take offense to that. Now get your ass in the shower. I want my foot rub!”

“So much for patience,” he said with a teasing smile. She gave him a push in the right direction, and once the door was shut she headed into the living room and collapsed on the couch. Her cell phone rang in her bedroom and she groaned at the thought of having to get up off the couch.

The chirping noise stopped after a few moments and Brennan ended her inner struggle about whether or not to get up. Five minutes passed before the cordless house phone rang. The handset was sitting on the coffee table and by stretching her arm, Brennan could just reach it.

“Hello?”

“Hey sweetie! It’s me.”

“Hey Ange, what’s up?”

“Just checking in. Everything good with you and Booth?”

“Yes. I told him how I felt about him.”

A pause. “That would mean you said you loved him, right?”

“Yes.”

“I knew you could do it! I told you!”

“Is Cam around?”

The voice on the other end sounded confused. “You wanna talk to Cam?”

“Yea, I wanted to ask her if I could come back, at least for awhile.”

“Hang on a sec. I think she’s out in the lab with Zach and Hodgins.”

There was a clunk as the phone was placed on Angela’s desk.

“How’re you feeling?” Cam’s voice greeted her a few minutes later.

“I’m feeling great. So great, in fact, that I’d like to come back to work.”

She could feel Cam’s hesitation through the phone. “I don’t know Dr. Brennan.”

“I’m willing to be part time.”

“Desk work, with minimal lab work,” Cam negotiated.

Brennan bit her lip. Cam drove a hard bargain. She knew she was doing it out of friendly concern, but it was still irritating. “I can do more,” she said confidently.

“That’s my final offer. Either you take it, or you’re stuck at home until after our nephew is born. It’s your choice.”

She heard Angela’s voice in the background. “Take it Bren!”

“Very well.”

“Excellent. We’ll see you tomorrow; let’s say from ten to two for starters.”

“Ok, I’ll see all of you then.” They hung up and Brennan tossed the phone to the other end of the couch. She was pleased with the prospect of work the next day, but only four hours? No matter; she’d take what she could get. She could always push for more time later on.

Booth appeared from the hallway and got coffee going. “Just a few more minutes Bones.”

“Mmm,” she said in reply. “I’m going back to the lab tomorrow.”

“That’s great! I’m surprised Cam gave in.”

“It’s only for four hours, and mostly desk work.”

“Think you can handle that?”

“I suppose I’ll have to. This little one is worth anything.” He brought her a mug and sat next to her. Brennan nodded her thanks. Suddenly, her eyes widened. “He’s moving!” She grabbed his hand, jerking him forward and placing it on her bump. “Can you feel it?”

His eyes narrowed in concentration and she could tell he couldn’t feel the movement. She shifted his hand around every time she felt a flutter. The third time she felt it and moved his hand his expression changed. A smile broke across his face and he leaned over and kissed her softly on the lips. She squeezed his hand, and moved her mouth away from his. “Amazing isn’t it?”

“It’s phenomenal,” he replied, not moving his hand from her bump. “I’ve been meaning to ask you. Do you have a name picked out? Cause if you don’t, I had a couple of ideas.”

“I have a short list, but nothing definite. I wanted to know what you liked.”

“Well let’s hear your list.”

“I like the names Benjamin, Jacob, and Augustus.”

“Augustus? At least it’s better than Ignatius.”

A thoughtful look appeared on her face. “Ignatius? I like that.”

“No, you don’t.”

“Don’t tell me what I like and don’t like Booth.”

“I shouldn’t have mentioned it.”

“No, you shouldn’t have. Now, what names do you like?”

“I like Adam, Hayden, and Brad.”

“Bradley?”

“No. Brad.”

“All right. Consider them added to my list. Along with Ignatius.”

Booth groaned quietly, but didn’t argue any further. He leaned against her and put his head gently on her bump, listening.

A short silence ensued, then he turned his head up toward her. “Bones?”

“Hmm?”

“You wouldn’t really name him Ignatius would you?”

She ran her fingers through his hair and sighed. “I don’t know. I’ve got a lot to think about. I’ll certainly consider it.”

“He’ll have to be home schooled. He’ll never be able to go out in public. He’ll suffer total and complete embarrassment for the rest of his life. Could you honestly live with yourself?”

She chuckled, the sound vibrating against the side of his face where it rested on her stomach. “I think you may be exaggerating Booth.”

“I really don’t think I am.”

“I’m only considering the name. It’s not for sure yet. Besides, I may choose Augustus.”

“Same applies for Augustus.”

Brennan laid her head against the couch and looked up at the ceiling. “Less talk, more rub.”

“You have to officially turn in your coupon before I do anything.”

“Then get them for me. They’re still in the bedroom.”

He did so, and when the little pile was in her hand, she took the top one and placed it in his hand. “There, now get to it,” she teased with a smile, lifting up her foot and wiggling her toes.

He sat in front of her and took her right foot in his hands, starting with her heel and working his way up. “Anyone ever tell you that you have nice feet?”

She raised an eyebrow. “Please don’t tell me you have a foot fetish.”

“No! I’m just saying.”

“The answer is no, no one has ever complimented my feet before. And they certainly weren’t nice yesterday. They were all swollen.”

“Just a sign to not be walking around so much.”

Brennan changed topics. “Perhaps if I name him Ignatius, we can call him Iggy.”

“Ugh. Stop it with that. It worries me. What about middle names?”

“I already picked that out.”

“Care to share?”

“Nope. It’s a big surprise. Although perhaps I could narrow my list of first names by seeing if any don’t go well with the middle name.” She began going over the names in her head, but was distracted by her foot rub. She moaned quietly and shut her eyes. “That feels so good. No, go back to my arch. Thank you.”

“Whatever you say Bones.”

“Ok, I have eliminated the names Brad, Ignatius, and Augustus from my list.”

“Oh, thank God. Nothing but normal names left. I’m kind of bummed about Brad though.”

“It doesn’t fit Booth. Sorry. If it makes you feel better, I’m rather disappointed about Augustus myself.”

“Sure you don’t wanna tell me the middle name?”

“I’m sure. It’s just between me and our son for now.”

He placed her right foot on the ground and picked up her left. “Not fair.”

She shrugged. “You’ll survive.”

“Is it Alan?”

“Nope.”

“Daniel?”

“You’ll never guess it, so stop trying.”

“Michael?”

Brennan shook her head.

“Oh God, it’s not Augustus is it? Cause that would make sense; Augustus sure as hell doesn’t fit well with Augustus. It’d be like Gordon Gordon. Augustus Augustus.” He shivered at the thought.

“Booth!” Brennan tried to sound irritated despite the fact that some very un-Brennan like giggles were escaping.

“Ok, ok, fine; I’ll stop guessing.”

“Thank you. I’m ready for my bath now.” She waved the coupon in his face. He took it and headed down the hall to the bathroom to run her bathwater, dropping a kiss to the top of her head before he left.

After her bath was ready, he came back for her, scooping her up in his arms before she could voice a protest and carrying her to the bathroom. He set her down gently, and she looked at him with narrowed eyes. “I can walk Booth.”

“I know.” He smiled at her, hoping his infamous charm smile would erase her irritation. It did. Her expression softened, and she pressed a kiss to his cheek.

“I can walk, but it was still a nice gesture. Thank you.” She kissed him again, and he returned it.

When she broke the kiss, he said quietly in her ear, “I love you Bones,” giving the lobe a nip and licking the sensitive spot just underneath it. A tremor ran through her body and she put a hand on his chest, pushing him gently back and handing him the house cleaning coupon before shooing him out the door. Once he’d disappeared to begin cleaning, she looked around. He’d kept the lights off and had lit candles all around the tub, casting the room in a soft relaxing glow. The bubbles looked inviting and she dipped a hand in the water. Perfect.

Before Booth could begin cleaning, his cell phone rang. He hoped it wasn’t Olivia again. After checking the ID, he answered it quickly. “Hey Parker!...no, not yet, he’s still growing…I know you wanna be there, and…” He was suddenly hit with an idea. “Is Mom around?...Can I talk to her?” The phone was dropped on the floor as Parker ran to get Rebecca. He heard it being picked up and then his ex’s voice came on the line. After saying good bye Booth shut his phone off and happily went to get Brennan’s vacuum cleaner.

Once Brennan had eased herself in the tub, she leaned her head back and felt her body relax. She closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them, staring at the ceiling. She heard her vacuum being started and blocked out the noise. This was turning out to be a great day. And it was only going to get better. Despite the warmth of the water, she shivered in anticipation of that night.

Just thinking about it made her body respond and she felt her hand travel down the length of her body of its own accord, unable to wait until they were together. She huffed at the impatience she was displaying. Maybe he had been right about pregnant women. Of course, she had every right to be impatient. It had been a long time. She gasped as her hand made contact with the sensitive peak of one breast. She rolled it between two fingers, closing her eyes at the sensation it created.

She paid equal attention to the other breast, fondling and playing with the soft flesh before continuing her downward journey to the place that was screaming for attention. When her fingers found her clit, she let out a quiet moan and shifted around under the water. Before things went further on her journey of self pleasure, however, the door opened and Booth appeared, laden with cleaning supplies.

“Booth! The coupon specifically stated no interruptions!”

“I’m here to clean the bathroom,” he defended himself, trying hard to ignore her exposed breasts. He lost that battle however, and Brennan lowered herself in the water so she wasn’t visible to his prying eyes. He could look all he wanted later. She wasn’t supposed to be interrupted.

“Well, wait until I get out. Is everything else done?”

“Let’s see. I vacuumed, dusted, swept the kitchen, and mopped. Is there anything else?”

“Yes. You can take the glass cleaner and clean the mirrors and pictures and things. I’ll get out and then the bathroom’s yours to clean.”

“Ok. I have good news.”

“What is it?” she asked, curious.

“I talked to Rebecca and she and Parker are going to fly over so Parker can be here when the baby’s born!”

“That’s wonderful!” Brennan was thrilled for him. Parker would get to see his little brother.

“Are you ok with them living so far away now?”

“No, but I talk to Parker almost every day, so that’s something. I don’t know, maybe it won’t work out over there. I’ll get him back one way or another. Patience, ya know?” He backed out of the bathroom and the door started to close. Brennan leaned back in the tub but didn’t hear the door click shut. She looked up again to find the door open a crack.

“What Booth?”

“Are your breasts getting bigger or is it just me?”

“Maybe, now go!” She smiled at him to let him know she wasn’t really angry. The door shut all the way this time, and she shook her head before climbing from the tub.
jremme
jremme

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:08 am

Oh. Another chappie! Thanks for updating this story. I love the new chappie. I really do. Its just perfect family life. They deserve it. Smile
I am waiting for new chappie soon Wink
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:06 pm

I liked it too
It's nice to see them having a perfect day for once.
No fights or problems just happiness and love.
Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by jremme Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 am

Hey! Thanks as always for reading and responding all those who did! It makes my day all sunshiney bright! =) This is posted in 2 parts. Here's the first, second right after. Enjoy!

Chapter 20: I’m with you

That evening, Brennan nervously eyed her reflection in the mirror, thankful that Angela had insisted she pick out one fancy maternity dress. Her other nice clothes would have been too tight and she would have ended up looking ridiculous. She ran a hand over the smooth material of the dress, from the strap down to the hem that rested at her knees. It was a dark green dress, the color of fresh pine needles, loose fitting and generally shapeless, with a gather of fabric at the bodice, drawing the eye there. A thin shawl draped over her shoulders.

It looked nice on her if she did say so herself. Hopefully, Booth would feel the same. Not that she was seeking approval or anything. It would just be good to hear a compliment. She’d decided to let her hair hand loose and natural, not wanting to bother with putting it up. A simple necklace, one of the few simple ones she owned, sat delicately against her throat, and her makeup was minimal, but present. She was ready.

She stepped into her black flats and exited the bedroom to find him in the living room, pacing and running a hand through his hair as though this were his first date. She gently cleared her throat and his head turned in her direction. She could have sworn she heard his breath catch and he stopped mid-pace.

“Bones, you look…gorgeous.”

Suddenly feeling slightly embarrassed by the compliment she’d desired, she averted her eyes, focusing on a stray piece of dust skipping across the carpet from the open window’s breeze. She pointed at it.

“You missed that when you were cleaning,” she said, false indignation in her tone.

His brow furrowed. “Huh?” Not the reaction he’d been expecting. Was she actually mad? It was hard to tell sometimes. He leaned down and squinted at the dust speck, picking it up between his thumb and forefinger and placing it in the trash can in the kitchen. “That better?” His face was the picture of annoyance and it amused her greatly.

“Yes.” She smiled then, letting out a little huff of air that signaled the holding in of a laugh. “You’re so easy.”

He returned her smile, stepping towards her and wrapping his arms around her. “Should I be insulted?” He kissed her before she could voice an answer. Her eyes closed and after a moment, she felt the tip of his tongue lick her bottom lip. She opened her mouth to him only to feel him pull back. She opened her eyes and looked at him, smiling wickedly at her with a twinkle in his eyes.

“Tease,” she muttered, placing the palm of her hand on his chest and giving him a little shove. “Let’s go before I decide to skip this coupon and go straight to the last one. Speaking of which…” she handed him the dinner coupon, and breezed out of the door ahead of him, leaving the light scent of perfume in her wake. He inhaled it deeply before following her, shutting and locking the door behind him.

Upon arriving at the restaurant, they were shown to a table in a secluded corner. Booth pulled her chair out for her, earning him a Look, but she took the offered seat nonetheless. Once he’d sat down, they perused the menus, Brennan making her decision immediately. The waiter returned and took their orders.

“Steak, Bones?” he questioned. Very un-Bones like.

“I’ve been so hungry for it lately. It’s the strangest thing.” She shrugged it off as another quirk to being pregnant. She took a sip from her water glass, and said, “The furniture’s being delivered in two days. I’ve spoken to Angela already, I’m going to ask Hodgins, Cam, and Zach tomorrow, and I’m going to ask you now. Will you help move everything around in my office to make room?”

“You don’t even need to ask. You know the answer.” He gave her a smile, meeting her eyes meaningfully. “I will do anything for you. I mean it.”

She nodded her head and played with the fringe on her shawl. “I know you do.” She reached across the table for his hand, intertwining her fingers with his. Their eyes met and the passionate mood grew tenfold as neither broke their gaze. Finally, Booth spoke.

“You’re stuck with me now Bones. You know that, don’t you?”

“I don’t think I’d have it any other way. Although the opposite is true as well. You’re stuck with me.”

They both felt it, but neither wanted to use it. The F-word. Forever.

“I love you.”

“I love you too Booth.” Saying it was almost like second nature now. How could she have ever been unsure?

She slipped her foot out of her shoe underneath the table and ran her foot up and down his leg. He closed his eyes momentarily at the contact, then jumped slightly as he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He pulled it out and checked the ID, standing from the table abruptly. Brennan’s foot slid back and into her shoe again at his movement, and she looked up at him. “Everything ok?”

“Yea, I gotta take this. It’s Rebecca.” He hoped he was a better liar than he thought he was, and as she nodded her understanding, he headed to the coat check room.

He flipped the phone open and hissed into it, “What is it? I’m in the middle of something.”

“Couldn’t be that important if you still answered,” the feminine voice on the other end pointed out.

“I assumed you’d only call if you had information about the wrapping up of our last case. Do you?”

“No.”

“Good-bye Olivia.”

“Wait! Are you still picking me up? My flight’s tomorrow.”

He sighed into the phone. “When?”

“Seven pm arrival time.”

“Fine. Just text your flight information.” Without another word he hung up and went back to their table where Brennan sat, digging into her steak.

She looked up at his approach. “Everything all right with Parker?”

“Fine. Everything’s fine.” He slumped back into his chair and began picking at his food. He didn’t want to pick her up, knowing Brennan’s probable reaction that he was still doing so, but he also hadn’t been able to bring himself to say ‘no’. Why hadn’t he been able to say ‘no’? He wasn’t sure he even wanted to think about it.

“Are you sure?” Her voice, still laced with concern, floated to his ears.

“I’m sure Bones. Just enjoy your steak.”

Brennan took a bite of steak and tried hard not to look irritated. Something was wrong, and it was an insult if he thought she’d let it go. She could read him like a book. Well, perhaps not completely, but well enough.

“Just tell me. You know you can tell me anything,” she said softly, trying the tender approach before the forceful one.

He bit his bottom lip for a second, then said, “Honestly, Bones, everything’s good. Parker’s doing great.” He gave her a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes. She would have picked up on it too, if her attention hadn’t been divided between him and the gigantic slab of meat engulfing her plate.

Instead, she nodded her acceptance. “Good,” and took another bite.

Conversation flowed easily after that. Brennan asked questions about Anchorage, having never been there herself. He asked her about her shopping trip with Angela and how she wanted the baby’s nursery to look. The steak on Brennan’s plate grew smaller and smaller and in time was gone. Booth ate slower, listening to her talk more than anything. When she spoke of her plans for the baby’s room, she grew more animated, her eyes shining brighter as she told him what would go where.

She really was beautiful, and this evening only cemented it further into his brain. He couldn’t wait to get her back home. Telling her he loved her was one thing, showing her was quite another.

Brennan, for her part, talked on about the baby’s room. She enjoyed voicing her plans for her office, but it also took her mind off how much she wanted him in her bed. Her body was humming with anticipation, and the more she looked at him, the more she wanted to drag him home and have her way with him. Thanks, of course, to her increased sex drive and lack of recent intimacy. Time for a subject change.

“Are you done?” she asked, stopping herself in the middle of her plans for the baby’s room.

He paused at the abrupt topic change, but nodded. “Yea, I’m done. I’m guessing you are too?”

She gestured to her empty plate. “Actually, I’ve been finished for awhile now.” The hunger was still there, oh yes, but not for food. And as she looked at him, she knew he saw it in her eyes. It was time to go.
jremme
jremme

Back to top Go down

Post by jremme Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:20 am

When they arrived at her apartment, she entered first, and when he turned around after closing the door, he found her staring at him with that look in her eyes, like she wanted to devour him. Seconds later, he found himself pressed against the door, the knob digging into his back, her mouth on his, insistent and demanding.

He felt the soft nip of her teeth on his lower lip and the moment his mouth opened beneath hers, her tongue invaded. It ran along his own, tasting him, exploring the roof of his mouth and licking his teeth before withdrawing into her own mouth as she pulled away from him to take a breath.

“Bones!” he said in surprise. It was all he had time to say before she brought her mouth crashing back on his, rubbing her body against his own. She pulled back quickly.

“Shut up,” she whispered, then grabbed him by the lapel of his jacket, dragging him down the hall to her bedroom.

He put his hands on hers to still her walking. She let go and turned to face him. “What?” She tapped her foot impatiently, hands at her hips. He chuckled at the sight she made, and it elicited a glare.

“I just wanted to go a little slower is all,” he said sheepishly.

She sniffed, shaking her head. “No, I’m sorry but I can’t.”

“I need your coupon,” he pointed out, giving her a smirk.

She strode into her bedroom, leaving the door open and picking the coupon up from its place on the dresser. She tucked it into the bodice of her dress, and looked at him seductively.

“Come and get it,” she invited. More un-Bones like behavior. It could also be blamed on the pregnancy, but it wasn’t as though he was complaining.

He crossed the room to her and wasting no time pulling the straps of her dress down and pushing the material down her body, the coupon fluttering to the floor. He picked it up, and Brennan took the opportunity to divest herself of her remaining clothing. When he straightened back up, she was nude before him, a small smile gracing her features.

“Pregnancy really works for you,” he murmured, drinking in the sight of her like a fine wine.

She grabbed his hands, pulling him closer to her. “You’re overdressed,” she purred in his ear, taking the lobe into her mouth and sucking gently. She released it and peppered kisses on his jaw until she reached his mouth. She nipped his lip again and whispered, “You’d better do something about that.” Rather than kiss his mouth, she continued her pattern up the other side, licking the shell of his other ear when she reached it. “Otherwise, I’ll have to take care of it, and I don’t think you’d want me to do that.”

At last, Booth managed to find his voice. “And why’s that?” he asked her, his voice as husky as her own.

She smirked. “Because I know that’s an expensive suit and I also know you wouldn’t want it ruined.” She tapped him on the nose, and slid back to the bed, propping herself up against the headboard.

She’d never seen a man strip as fast as he did. In what felt like no time at all, his clothes were in a pile next to hers and he was in bed next to her, kissing her hard on the mouth. She let him control this kiss and contented herself with winding her arms around his neck and running her fingers through his hair. When he pulled away, her hands went to the back of his head and she moved him to her neck, closing her eyes when she felt his lips and tongue on her skin.

His hands moved to her breasts as his mouth continued his onslaught of her neck. He kneaded the soft flesh and felt her nipples harden as his fingers flicked and pinched. He heard her moan lightly and then her hand fisted in his hair, pushing his head down so his mouth could take over the task his hands had begun. Her moans picked up in length and volume as his tongue flicked across a nipple before drawing it into his mouth, sucking and scraping his teeth against it. The same attention was given to her other breast, leaning over her and careful not to put too much weight on her, always aware of her condition.

The hands that had been squeezing her breasts before had moved down further when her hand had pushed his head down. They were now stroking her inner thighs, gently forcing them apart further and caressing the mound in between. His fingers parted her and found her clit, slick with her arousal. He moved his head up and kissed her mouth while his fingers stroked at the bundle of nerves between her thighs. Her groan was muffled by his kiss, and when he broke it he removed his fingers from her nub and moved himself down her body, kissing her bump when he came to it and gently running his hands over it.

“You are sure about this?” he asked quietly, leaning the side of his head against her stomach, a smile erupting as he felt movement beneath his ear.

“Yes, I’m sure, and we’re not done yet,” she said matter-of-factly, lifting his head from her. She scooted to the foot of the bed, and stood up. He remained in his original position, unmoving. “Get over here,” she said with a grin. His clueless expression was, in Angela’s phrasing, beyond adorable.

He obeyed, standing and joining her at the foot of the bed. “Bones, what are you…”

She silenced him with a finger to his lips. “Sit,” she ordered, gesturing at the foot of the bed. Again he obeyed. She grabbed a pillow from where it had fallen on the floor and set it at his feet before slowly sinking to her knees on it, using the bed as support for her movements.

At last, he seemed to realize what her intentions were. “Oh, Bones, you don’t have to. I mean, you gotta be uncomfortable there.”

She looked up at his face for a moment. “If I didn’t want to, I wouldn’t be doing it, or rather, about to.”

“This was supposed to be about you, giving you pleasure,” he argued.

“No more out of you,” she ordered, swatting his knee lightly. “You’re right; this is about me, and giving you pleasure will give me pleasure. Now, hush!”

Her hands stretched up to his shoulders, then traveled down his body until they reached the focus of her attentions. She heard him groan as her hands gripped him and she began to slide up and down his length, slowly at first, then faster. She leaned her head forward slightly, sticking her tongue out, and licked the tip of his cock tentatively before drawing it into her mouth.

She sucked lightly, providing enough suction for enhanced sensation, but not enough to make him come. She delighted in the sounds he was making, satisfied that she was the cause. Her hands continued their stroking, from the base to where he disappeared into her mouth; his hands combed through her hair with increasing force, letting her know that, despite her best efforts, he was slowly losing control. Then she felt his hands on either side of her head, and heard him gasp out the word ‘stop’.

Her hands left his shaft and she released the tip from her mouth with a soft pop. She was uncomfortable there on her knees on the floor, but one look up at his face and she decided it had been worth it. Hands grasping the bed, she began to pull herself back to her feet. In the next instant, she found herself in his arms, one supporting her back, the other under her knees. He carried her around to the side of the bed and deposited her gently on the sheets.

Once he made sure she was comfortable, he lay next to her, pushing her hair from where it had fallen against her face. “That was amazing. You are amazing.”

This time, she didn’t look away at the compliment, replying, “You’re not so bad yourself.” She leaned closer, kissing him on the mouth before moving her lips down his throat and across his collarbone, alternating kisses and nips. She moved her lips over his chest before moving back up to his mouth. She’d been thinking long and hard about positions and decided that, at this point, being on top would work out for her.

Suddenly deciding that she couldn’t wait any longer, she moved over him, straddling his hips, and positioning herself before sinking down, enveloping him completely inside her wet heat, her loud moan mixing with his own as they were joined. His hands went to her hips, trying for a slow rhythm, but Brennan had other ideas. She rode him at her own fast pace, and in almost no time, he was matching her, having given up the idea of being able to control her.

Their rhythm began to grow erratic as climax approached. Brennan sped up her pace even more, eager to experience her first orgasm in what felt like years. When it hit, she felt her breath catch in her throat for an instant before she cried out, her fingers digging into Booth as she did so. The brief feeling of discomfort brought on by her nails quickly turned into overwhelming pleasure and he followed her climax with his own, bringing his head up for an instant before crashing it back on the pillow. She slid out of him and he helped her ease down beside him, holding her as she curled her body into his as much as she could.

A comfortable silence ensued, broken by Booth’s voice, laced with fatigue. “Feel better?”

She scoffed and hit him playfully on the shoulder. “Yes, now that you mention it, I do feel better.”

“That’s good.” He kissed the top of her head, her hair damp from her exertions.

“Now I’m tired,” she announced.

“Go to sleep,” he said gently, caressing her face.

“Are you going to sleep?”

“Eventually. After you do. I love you Temperance.”

“I love you too Seeley.”

She said nothing more, just snuggled against him and closed her eyes. He waited until her breathing evened out and her heart rate slowed before closing his own eyes. His last conscious thought before dreams took over his mind was of how lucky he really was to have the woman sleeping next to him.
jremme
jremme

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:32 am

Aww... Me like it Wink Really. Fluff and smut is always good for me;)
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:21 am

I like it too.
But I don't like stupid Olivia.... Evil or Very Mad
this woman is just not supposed to even be near Booth.....she should go back to where she came from.....or even better somewhere a lot farer (is that even a word?) away

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by jremme Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:43 am

Once again, I'd like to thank all those who are reading this lil ol' fic of mine. Hope you're still enjoying it. Hugs to those who provide responses. They keep me posting. Please enjoy!

Chapter 21: Back to work

The alarm blared annoyingly from the clock on the nightstand. A loud irritated groan sounded from the far side of the bed. On the other side, Brennan sat up, a smile on her face. She was sexually sated for the first time in what felt like forever, and she was going to work. Life was good. She scooted to the edge of the bed after shutting the alarm off and turned to Booth, who hadn’t moved.

“Wake up Booth! It’s time to get ready for work!”

Another groan sounded. Brennan clambered out of bed and strode to the window, opening the blind. Morning sunlight streamed in, falling across Booth’s closed eyes.

“Ahh! Geez Bones, ten more minutes, ok?”

“I don’t think so. Ten minutes will turn into ten more minutes, and before you know it, it’ll be noon. Now! Get! Up!” She punctuated these last three words with the smack of her pillow to his body. On the last word, he grabbed it out of her hands and threw it at the window.

“How can you be so excited?” he asked, puzzled by her exuberance.

“I’ve been looking forward to this day for a long time!”

“Missed your lab?”

“More than you know! Plus,” she leaned down and gave him a quick kiss. “I had a really great time last night.”

“Glad to hear it.”

“Didn’t you?” she raised an eyebrow, letting him know without words that his well being depended on his answer.

He shrugged nonchalantly, a grin on his face. “I had an ok time. I mean, video games, sex, bowling, it’s all good.”

He got a pillow thrown at his face as Brennan grabbed some clean clothes and disappeared in the shower. Seeing her head into the bathroom got him moving. He made to follow her, but she had locked the door.

“Bones? Aren’t you gonna let me in?” No answer. “Hello? I know you’re in there.” Still nothing. “Very funny Bones. Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. You know that.”

The door was flung open. “I knew you’d come to your senses.” He stepped toward her.

“Make coffee, please. Thank you.” She gave him a smug smile and pushed him gently back from the doorway and shut it in his face. Defeated, Booth headed to the kitchen to obey orders. He probably deserved that.

When Brennan stepped into the lab, her mouth fell open. Everyone was standing in front of the platform. A banner hung that read ‘Welcome back Dr. Brennan!’

“What is this?”

“We wanted to welcome you back,” Zach explained. He moved forward, handing her a bouquet of flowers.

“Yea, there’s a cake in the fridge in the break room for later,” Hodgins added.

“Thank you everyone.” She smelled the flowers. “These are beautiful.” She glanced at the clock. It was shortly after ten. “Let’s get to work. I appreciate the welcome immensely, but we’re wasting time.”

“Yep, Bren’s back,” Angela said with a smile. They all moved as one to help her up the platform stairs. She waved them off.

“I’m fine. I’m pregnant, not helpless.”

“If you need anything today, don’t hesitate to ask. And take breaks, lots of ‘em; whatever you need,” Cam said, keeping an eye on Brennan’s progress.

A sigh escaped Brennan’s lips. It was starting already. She was fine. She wondered how many times during her four hours there she’d have to say that.

At noon, the count was at twenty. Brennan’s head hit her desk as Hodgins poked his head into her office for the fourth, no fifth time.

“You need anything Dr. Brennan? Doin’ ok?”

“I’m fine Hodgins. Thank you.” Brennan rubbed her temples and reached for the phone once the door had closed. She wanted to see Booth was.

“Hey, I just wanted to see how you were doing,” she said once the phone on the other end was picked up.

“I’m swamped, but all right. How about you? Are you-?”

She cut him off. “Please don’t make me answer that. Everyone’s been well intentioned, but it’s almost smothering.”

“They’re just worried Bones.”

“I know, but I’ve said the four letter F-word so many times today…”

“I can think of another four letter F-word you said a lot last night.” She could almost picture his eyebrow shooting up, the grin appearing on his face as he said that. She shook her head.

“Cut it out. I’m trying to be productive. I’ve had someone poke their head in my office every five minutes, and now I’ve got you trying to...do whatever it is you’re trying to do.”

“Hey, I’m not trying to do anything.” Now he had his ‘I’m so innocent’ face on. She just knew it.

“I should go. I’m due for another intrusion, and I would really like to get something accomplished in the short time I’m here.”

“I gotcha. I’ll see you later Bones. I love you.”

“I love you too.” She went to hang up the phone, but drew it back to her ear as she heard him call her name. “What is it?”

“Can I ask you something?” His voice had become serious, losing that teasing edge that been there before.

“Of course.” She couldn’t imagine what it could be.

“Well, here’s the thing. Olivia’s plane gets in at seven tonight, and I kinda told her I’d pick her up.”

“That’s not a question.” Her voice had a hard tone to it, one that made him cringe even though she was miles away. “If you said you would, then you should. We’ll head over there and see that she’s safely deposited in a hotel far, far away.”

At least she hadn’t yelled at him. He stared at the phone, eyes narrowing. “We?”

“Well, yes. I’d really love to meet this woman who keeps feeling the need to contact you despite the fact that your professional relationship was terminated when you left Alaska.”

She heard him swallow. “Uh, ok, I guess that would be all right.”

“I wasn’t asking Booth.”

Another swallow. “Love you Bones.”

A pause. “Bones?”

“I heard you.” She hung up and leaned back, rubbing her stomach. She wasn’t mad per se; more like mildly irritated. She had to meet this woman. She looked up as her office door opened. Angela.

“Hey sweetie, how are you doing? I hope you’re taking breaks like Cam wanted.”

Brennan ignored the hated question. “Sit down Ange. I need to talk to you.”

“Oh, sure.” Her friend took a seat on the couch and Brennan joined her. She filled her in on the Olivia situation and watched amusedly as Angela’s hands balled into fists.

“I’m going to kill that bitch, I swear to god. She’s a…home wrecker!”

“No, she’s not Ange. I won’t let her.”

“Damn straight! I…we didn’t wait this long for you to get together with Booth to have some bleached blonde skanky ass ho ruin it!”

“Calm down Angela. She hasn’t actually tried to ruin it yet.”

“She won’t either, if she knows what’s good for her. I’ll be on her ass so fast, it’ll make her head spin! I’ll sic one of Zach and Hodgins’ creepy experiments on her!”

“Hopefully that won’t be necessary. Perhaps she’ll just do her job, live her life, and not interfere with ours.” Brennan sounded doubtful, even to herself.

Angela scoffed. “Please sweetie. Don’t give her too much credit. That succubus wants to sink her claws into your man. She followed him across the country for god’s sake.”

Brennan considered. This was true. According to Booth, Olivia was simply returning to her roots, but did she really believe that? Angela certainly didn’t.

“Don’t worry about a thing Bren. If you need me to help keep her at bay, I’m here. I mean, I’m not saying Booth would be that stupid, but…well, men can be that stupid. A tall blonde with a nice body can do that, even if she is a disease ridden hooker.”

“What? I thought she was an FBI agent.”

Angela smirked. “Couldn’t prove it by me.” Her friend winked at her. “I gotta get back to my office. I just wanted to check on you. Let me how it goes tonight. Just stay calm. We don’t need another blood pressure issue.”

“Don’t worry about that Ange.”

“Do you want more cake? There’s a ton of leftovers.”

“No thank you. I had more than enough earlier.”

Angela smiled. “I think my nephew has a sweet tooth.” She left Brennan’s office, leaving her with her thoughts and her paperwork.

At the end of her four hours, Brennan stood up from her desk and found Cam.

“Dr. Brennan, how are-?”

“Don’t. Please. I’ve been hearing that question all day.”

Zach glanced up from the skull he was working on. “Which question? By the way, how are you doing Dr. Brennan?”

Brennan’s shoulders tensed briefly at the question. “I’m,” she wouldn’t, couldn’t say ‘fine’. “great. Thank you Zach.”

“You’re welcome.” His eyes went back to the skull. Brennan turned back to Cam.

“Can I come back tomorrow?” She couldn’t believe she was actually asking. Temperance Brennan didn’t ask. Temperance Brennan told.

“If you’re up to it. Come back for the same time every day if you want. We’ll talk hours at the end of the week.”

“How many hours?”

“End of the week. I don’t want you to overdo it. Easing back into a normal schedule is probably best.”

“I’m f…perfectly all right. I know what my limits are. Why doesn’t anyone trust me with the safety of this baby?” She was exasperated. Why did everyone think she’d overexert herself?

Cam eyed the expression on her face, taking in the tone of her voice. “Ok.”

“Ok what?”

“Decide how much you can do. I won’t assign hours to you. If you can do a full schedule, go for it. We’ll be happy to have you at full capacity.”

“Thank you Cam.” Finally.

“You’re welcome. Now go home, relax, and have a nice evening.”

Brennan sighed. A nice evening. Sure. Her eyes widened. “Angela!” She headed to the other woman’s office.

“Bren? What is it?” Angela looked up from her computer.

“Can you spare some time?”

Angela’s eyes glanced around worriedly. “I don’t know. I’m kind of behind.”

“I need to get out for awhile, relax, before tonight. I thought we could grab a late lunch.”

Angela bounced up. “I’ll make time.” She grabbed her purse and the two left.

After they’d ordered lunch, Angela leaned back in her chair. “You know something? I’ve been thinking about this whole Olivia thing, and you know what I think you need?”

“What?”

“A makeover. A real one. And a new outfit. We’ll make you so incredibly gorgeous that Olivia will look like Frankenstein’s monster in comparison. Booth won’t be able to take his eyes off you!”

Brennan’s nose scrunched up. “I don’t know Ange. That seems sort of juvenile. It’s taking advantage of the self image issues some women suffer from, plus the superficiality that exists in some men’s minds.”

“That’s the idea sweetie. Sometimes, you have to fight fire with fire. I insist.”

“Since you’re not giving me any other option, I’ll agree.”

“That’s the spirit!”

After lunch, Angela marched Brennan to the clothing store they’d been to previously and after deliberating for what felt like days, she selected some navy slacks and a sleeveless cream top. It was a pretty outfit, bordering on something Brennan wouldn’t have chosen herself, but Angela said looked cute.

“Now, on to the salon!” She marched Brennan two doors down and spent a half hour looking at photos of different hair styles. “How about this one? It’s basically just a trim, a few highlights, and some waves. It’ll be hot!”

After the hair, it was on to the nail parlor for a manicure and pedicure, and then to Angela’s apartment for makeup.

“You’re doing my makeup Ange?”

“Naturally. I wouldn’t trust anyone else with it,” came the reply.

Once all was finished, Brennan was allowed to look in the mirror. “Wow.” She liked it. She still looked like herself, only…enhanced.

“I’ll say! You are one sexy mama!”

Brennan smiled at Angela’s words and patted her hair. “Thank you Ange. That was fun, and rather relaxing.”

“Good. I’m glad.”

Brennan checked the time. “It’s about time for Booth to get off work. I’d better head back. If I’m not home when he arrives, he’ll jump to conclusions and think I’ve gone into early labor.”

Angela giggled. “He’s paranoid, huh?”

“Insanely so. This morning while we were getting ready, he made sure I had the hospital’s number on my speed dial and kept lecturing me on the signs of early labor. As though I wouldn’t know them myself.”

“How does he know that?”

“Well, at first I thought that perhaps it happened when Rebecca had Parker, but it turns out, he called my OB’s office and asked her nurse.”

Angela grinned. At the mention of Parker, she debated telling her friend what Rebecca had told them about possibly moving back, but bit her tongue. It was Rebecca’s place to tell them and she had said that nothing was definite yet. “Ok Bren, go home and knock ‘em dead…well, maybe just Olivia.”

When Brennan opened her door, she sighed as she caught Booth pacing back and forth in her living room. He was at her side in an instant.

“Where were you? I came home and you weren’t there. I got worried, thought maybe you’d gone into labor or something. There weren’t any messages on the machine, but…” he trailed off and stepped back from her, his hands at her waist, looking at her at arm’s length. “New look?”

“Yea, something like that.”

“I like it!” He moved closer to her and gave her a soft kiss. “Really Bones, you look great.” He ran his hands through her hair. “You’re so beautiful. Always were.” He kissed her again, then pulled back just a little, still making contact with her lips. “You should have called though,” he said against her mouth. “I was worried.”

“Needlessly worried,” she corrected. “If something had happened, you would have received a phone call.”

“Still…” he leaned his forehead against hers. “I want to know if you’re going out with Angela after work, or whatever. Just so I know. I don’t mean to be overbearing or anything. I just…”

“You just love me.”

“That’s it. And I’m sorry if I made you angry earlier. I didn’t mean to.”

“Forgotten.” She caressed his face and then held him close to her. When she broke the embrace she grinned at him. “For reasons I cannot fathom, I can’t seem to be able to stay mad at you.” She was awarded for her comment by a charm smile. “And that isn’t the reason either.”

“Doesn’t hurt though, does it?”

“I told you before, that doesn’t work on me.”

“Yes it does.”

“Nope. Not in the slightest.” She folded her arms. She’d never tell him how that smile made her melt, feel weak in the knees. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction. She had her pride.

“I don’t believe you.”

“That’s your choice.”

“Ok, what if I did this too?” He gave her that smile before pulling her into his arms and kissing her, his tongue gently moving past the barrier of her lips to rub gently against hers. His body pressed into hers, backing her up until her back was against the wall, his hands roaming down her sides and around to her front. They gently forced her legs apart and one hand began stroking her center through her pants while the other went back up to the small of her back, nestling itself between her and the wall. Brennan ran her hands through his hair, wrapping them around his neck to keep him close to her. She broke away from his kiss to breathe then continued it as though there had been no interruption.

Then the interruption did happen. Booth’s phone rang insistently. He ignored it, but Brennan opened her eyes and reluctantly placed a hand on his chest, pushing him gently back. “You should answer that,” she said breathlessly. They both knew who it was. He stepped away from her, and she took the opportunity to straighten her clothes and regulate her heartbeat and breathing.

He hung up the phone after a few monosyllabic answers. “It’s time to go to the airport,” he said simply. He handed her a jacket, and grabbed his keys, taking her hand as they headed for the door.
jremme
jremme

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:14 am

I don't think that Bren needs to wear something special or use more make up or anything.
I'm sure that Olivia isn't really a threat for her relationship with Booth.
But if it is making her feel better....

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by jremme Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:29 am

Wow, what can I say except I am sooo sorry it's been so long! I'll try very hard not to let it go this long without posting again. Special thanks to all who read and respond. Y'all are wonderful! Enjoy!! =)

Chapter 22: truths

The journey to the airport was spent in silence. Brennan, for her part, was mired in thoughts of the upcoming meeting, willing her mind to refer to Olivia as ‘Olivia’, rather than ‘tramp’ or ‘the other woman’. Olivia, she reasoned, was neither of these. Both monikers were the result of Angela’s influence and her own irrational paranoia. But, was it really irrational? She leaned against the door, staring out the window at the lights flying past, and tried to steer her thoughts elsewhere.

Upon arriving, she was still caught up in her musings, and so fell to the side as her door was opened for her.

“Careful there Bones,” he said, a hand on her arm to keep her upright.

She shrugged him off, embarrassed that she hadn’t been paying attention. After extricating herself from the seatbelt, she allowed him to pull her out of her seat. He gripped her hand tightly and they walked inside the airport. Brennan took several calming breaths and looked around. There were lots of people milling around, but she was somehow able to pick Olivia out of the crowd. She was standing near a display, her carry-on at her feet.

Brennan was pleased to note that, the closer they got to her, the more exhausted she looked. Her hair, done up in a ponytail, was limp with a few strands out of place. Her clothing was rumpled, and although her makeup covered it well, if one squinted enough, the circles under her eyes could still be seen. Why, then, did she feel hideously ugly compared to this woman?

When she saw them, she immediately straightened up, shoving her fatigue to the recesses of her mind, focusing her attention first on Booth, giving him a coy smile and a little wave. He gave her a short ‘hi’ and after that, she turned her focus to Brennan, sizing her up like a wolf sizes up her prey.

Brennan tried to give the impression of doing the same, but wilted under Olivia’s gaze, as though she were peeling her layers away one by one. After the initial wavering, however, her confidence made a comeback, and she returned the gaze in full force. Seeing that Brennan wasn’t going to introduce herself, Booth took over, oblivious to the growing tension between the two women.

“Olivia, this is Dr. Temperance Brennan. Bones, this is Olivia Hansen. And this,” he placed a hand proudly on Brennan’s bump. “is my son, who is yet to be named.”

Olivia gave her a smile that was cold as a glacier, holding out a hand. “Lovely to meet you Dr. Brennan. I’ve heard so much about you.” Brennan took the proffered hand, giving it a polite shake before releasing it. Olivia turned to Booth. “Seeley, would you be a dear and get rest of my bags. They’re still on the conveyor belt.” Booth nodded, and ambled away, not sure if he should be leaving them alone, but not wanting to appear rude.

Once he was gone, Olivia continued, “When are you due?”

Thrown by the innocent question and the look of curiosity that suddenly appeared in Olivia’s eyes, Brennan didn’t reply right away.

The blond raised a perfect eyebrow. “You do know, don’t you?” her tone going from curious to condescending in a matter of seconds.

“Of course I know. I’m due in four months. July 23rd.”

Olivia nodded her head. “If you need any help losing all that baby weight, I’ve got some great DVDs you can borrow.” She gave Brennan another once over, her tone still snobbish.

Brennan thought carefully before answering. She knew her face had reddened, out of anger, not embarrassment. Through clenched teeth, she replied, “Actually, I haven’t gained all that much. My OB said that she knows quite a few pregnant women who would be jealous of my appearance.”

“That was nice of her to say,” Olivia said. “You look different from your pictures. Did you do something with your hair?”

“Yes, I did. Today,” Brennan replied shortly, wishing Olivia would just shut up. Her eyes narrowed for a second, backpedaling to Olivia’s statement. “My pictures?”

“Uh, huh. When I first saw Seeley’s apartment, they were all over. I assumed that you were his girlfriend so I asked for confirmation. He said he wasn’t sure what you were to him. That was about a week or so after we met. After that, I didn’t see them again.”

Brennan frowned inwardly, careful to keep a neutral look on the outside. It confused and hurt her that he’d say something like that and then remove her photos, but it had been a bad time for them both, and it was over now, all forgotten. Plus, she wasn’t hearing it from the most reliable source. Olivia placed a hand on her shoulder, steering the conversation back to her hair.

“It’s a nice look for you, although it borders on desperation. I’d stick to your original style.” She looked over Brennan’s shoulder, pasting a smile on her face as she saw Booth come back with her luggage. “Thank you so much! I’m beyond exhausted from that flight.” She hoisted her carry-on over her shoulder and was about to grab one of her suitcases when Booth waved her off. “You sure? I mean, I can take one of them.” At his insistence she squeezed his forearm with a thank you, which elicited a scowl from Brennan, and said cheerily, “Shall we then?”

As they walked back out Brennan felt Booth lean close to her and whisper in her ear, “You all right?”

She swiveled her head to face him, her eyes telling him that, yes, she was all right. After getting her settled in the passenger seat, Booth put Olivia’s bags in the trunk, starting a bit when he turned around to find her behind him. Recovering quickly, he said, “Do you know where you wanna go? Cause there’s a place close to the Bureau if you don’t mind something that’s not overly fancy.”

“That sounds perfect. That way I can walk until I get a car.”

“Well, I mean, I could pick you up. You know, carpool.” He tried not to think of what Brennan’s reaction to that would be.

“No, no, that’s all right. I wouldn’t want to put you out any more than I already have.”

“Only if you’re sure.”

She placed her hand gently on his shoulder. “I am Seeley. Dr. Brennan doesn’t like me too much, and I doubt she’d be pleased if you picked me up and dropped me off every day. I’m sure she’s less than thrilled that we’re working together as it is.”

“Bones likes you. She just…doesn’t like the fact that she can’t do fieldwork until after the baby’s born, that’s all.”

Olivia gave a short laugh at that. “Please. I’ve been around. I know when another woman doesn’t like me. It’s ok though; I understand completely.” She shot him another glowing smile and slipped into the backseat without another word.

When they arrived at the hotel, Brennan stayed in the car while Booth helped Olivia with her luggage. She would have gone inside with them, but her feet hurt and she didn’t really like getting in and out of the seat so much. She’d gotten lazy over the last few weeks, and she hated it. At least she was working again. She smiled at the thought of going back tomorrow. She was going to try for a full day, see how she did and make any needed adjustments from there.

She glanced out the windshield, getting a view of the hotel lobby. They were saying their goodbyes. Olivia was touching him again. Brennan felt her lip curl and was surprised to hear what sounded like a growl rise up in her throat. What primitive behavior! She shook her head rapidly, wondering where that had come from.

Not lingering on her own reaction, she observed Booth’s instead, the distance allowing her to read body language in a way she hadn’t been able to at the airport. He appeared relaxed, not at all stiff like she expected him to be. Obviously she’d touched him a lot prior to tonight. That bothered her more than she was willing to admit. She looked down at her stomach, rubbing it absently with one hand. “Well, baby, I don’t know what happened between her and your daddy, but I intend to find out. And he’d better not try to tell me nothing either, because I’ll…I’ll…well, I don’t know what I’ll do, but it won’t be pleasant.”

When Booth came back to the car, he sensed a change in Brennan’s mood immediately. Her shoulders betrayed a tension that hadn’t been there before he’d gone into the lobby with Olivia. Her face was blank, not giving any more clues as to the reason for her altered emotions.

Once they were on the road, her voice reached his ears, as neutral as the expression on her face.

“Did you have sex with her?”

“Why would you even ask that?”

“Because I think I have a right to know if you did. I wouldn’t be angry. We weren’t together at the time, so I’d have no reason to be.” She’d be hurt, she knew that much, but anger wouldn’t be a rational emotion. Besides carrying his child, she’d had no claim on him then. She sighed to herself. She was being primitive again. No person owned another.

“No, I didn’t have sex with her,” he said evenly.

Instead of feeling relief and relaxing, Brennan continued her line of questioning.

“Did you kiss her?”

“No.”

“Did she kiss you?”

“Yes.”

And there it was. She felt a slight pain in her chest, heard the small sound of her breath catching. Two more questions. She dreaded the answer, at the same time knowing it didn’t matter what it was. It was in the past; they had moved on. Still, a part of her was hurting.

“Did you kiss her back?”

“Yes.”

“Did it happen more than once?”

“Twice more.”

Ok, she’d lied to herself. One more question.

“What kept it from becoming more?”

“You.” One simple word, carrying so much meaning. He didn’t elaborate, but let his mind wander back to that day in his Anchorage apartment.

The first kiss had been short, tentative, exploring new territory. The second followed, lasting a little longer, but no more intense than the first. The third went further, more so than he’d anticipated. Olivia pulled away from him gently, maintaining eye contact and reaching up to unbutton his shirt. She was stopped by his hands on hers, pushing her away. She looked confused for a moment.

“What is it? I thought this is what you wanted.”

He paused, searching for the right words. As they had shared their third kiss, a memory had shot to the front of his mind. A memory of his partner, lying in his arms after they’d made love in her bed. They weren’t together now, physically or emotionally, nor had they been even at the time of their joining, but the memory of her, of what he’d left behind and given up, was enough to stop him. The reason for his leaving hadn’t even crossed his mind at the time. If it had, the outcome most likely would have been different.

“Look Olivia,” he began, ready with some speech about how the pain of what he’d left was still too strong right now to even think about taking this further. Instead, he finished rather lamely, “we work together. There’s a line.” Oh God. Talk about déjà vu.

She nodded in comprehension after a moment, apparently not needing him to elaborate. “Of course. I don’t know what came over me. I’m recovering from a nasty break up myself actually. My mind’s all over the place.” She looked him in the eye. “Thank you. I almost made a huge mistake. My emotions are getting the better of me.”

He breathed a sigh of relief. “So you don’t want to sleep with me?”

She chuckled. “Like you said, we work together. And speaking of work, let’s get back to the case.”

At the time, he’d taken her response to mean that she wasn’t interested in him in that way, that she was just reacting out of pure emotion caused by her break up. But now, looking back at it, she hadn’t actually ever said that she didn’t want to sleep with him.

Brennan, meanwhile, was thinking about Booth’s answers to her questions. She was thankful for his honesty, but at the same time, wished he’d lied to her. She never would’ve known otherwise.

“Thank you for telling me the truth.”

“Are you mad?”

Was she? “No, I’m not. I’m feeling something, I’ll admit. But it’s not anger, and certainly not towards you. As I said before, there’s no reason for me to be angry.”

“Well, what are you feeling?” He sounded concerned.

“I feel hurt on some level. I can’t help that. But I also realize it’s in the past and we agreed to forget all that. So, as per our agreement, I will forget about this.”

He reached over for her hand, and ran his thumb over her knuckles. “I’m sorry I hurt you.”

“I know. I’ll be fine.” There was that word again. Fine. She’d used it so much that day. This time, though, she meant it.

They arrived back at her place, and Brennan noticed how late it was. She glanced over at Booth. He looked uncomfortable and she realized after a moment that he probably required some reassurance of her lack of anger. She crossed over to him and looked him in the eyes.

“I’m not angry at you Booth. I love you and I don’t care about what you did before you came back.” She ended her words with a soft kiss on his lips, which was immediately reciprocated.

“I love you too,” he whispered against her mouth when they parted. “You ready to go to bed?”

“Yes. I’m going back in to the lab tomorrow, so I need to get some rest.” She took his hand and led him to her bedroom, brushing her teeth and changing into a loose nightgown before getting into bed. She yawned, and settled her head against the pillow. When he came out of the bathroom, he was wearing only his boxers and Brennan struggled to hold back the wave of desire that flooded through her. She needed to sleep. Nothing else. He climbed into the bed and pulled her to him, her back against his chest.

“Good night Bones.”

“Good night Booth.”

“Good night…he who is without a name.”

“Don’t call him that Booth. It sounds odd.”

“What should I call him then?”

Brennan shrugged lightly. “I call him baby.”

“Ok. Good night baby.”

“See, that works.”

He kissed the top of her head and down her face until he reached her ear. After placing a kiss on the lobe, he whispered to her. “I love you. So much.”

She turned her head and caught his lips with hers. “I love you too. More than I ever thought I was capable of.” She snuggled into him and closed her eyes, welcoming the warmth of his arms and the beginnings of a good dream, where she never had to leave his side and Olivia didn’t exist.
jremme
jremme

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:16 am

I can't believe he let her kiss him....of course they weren't together at the time it happend....but he shouldn't have done that....
and I really start to hate this stupid Olivia....she's causing nothing but trouble so far and she isn't a nice person at all...
maybe we should let her have a nice "talk" with Angela
I'm sure Ange could make her go back soon Twisted Evil

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by jremme Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:58 am

Thanks so so much for reading! This one's in two parts cause it's telling me it's to big. Please enjoy! =)

Chapter 23: surprises

“Are you doing anything tomorrow?”

Brennan yelled from the shower, trying to make her voice heard over the water spray and through the door. She had woken up only a little while ago, to the pleasant feeling of Booth’s arousal poking deliciously into her flesh. The second feeling she experienced wasn’t quite as pleasant. It was the feeling of running late. Her trusty alarm clock was blinking three am over and over, signaling the loss of electricity at some point during the night.

Groaning at the thought of having to hurry through her morning routine and at having to leave her warm bed and the man next to her, she rolled herself off the bed, grabbing clean clothes, and heading straight to the bathroom after giving her lover a quick kiss and a gentle shake.

After asking her question she strained her ears to catch his response, startled when his voice answered loud and clear, indicating his presence in the bathroom with her.

“I had an appointment to look at an apartment. What’s goin’ on?” He pulled back the shower curtain and stepped in with her.

“Booth! I’m showering!”

“I can see that.”

“So, get out!” She pushed on his chest, knowing it was futile.

“This saves time. We were both a little late getting up.”

“Yes, well, just don’t get any ideas.” She ignored the hungry look in his eyes and the way his tongue ran across his lower lip.

“Ideas? I have no idea what you mean.” His hands reached for her and she slapped them away. She was serious then. “You’re no fun Bones. Anyone ever tell you that?”

She sighed and grabbed his hand, placing it briefly on her breast before pulling it away. “There. You’ve had your fun. Now wash up!”

“You’re gorgeous,” he mumbled, eyes looking her up and down as she shampooed her hair.

A smile appeared on her face. “Thank you.” Her thoughts returned to his answer to her question. “About your appointment tomorrow…” She didn’t finish her sentence. She had thought on and off about him getting his own place and each time her mind dwelled on it, the more she didn’t want it to happen. This was the first he’d mentioned even looking for a new apartment and it again brought his leaving to the forefront of her mind.

“What about it?”

“Cancel it.”

“Why?” His eyes searched hers and she bit her bottom lip, not sure she was ready to ask him.

“Because the furniture’s being delivered tomorrow and I wanted to know if you’d help move everything. I’m going to ask everyone to help at work today as well.”

“Of course I’ll help out. I can always reschedule.”

“Thank you.” She reached up and gave him a soft kiss, her arms wrapping around his neck. She pulled away. She had to say something. “There’s something else.” Not waiting for an answer, she plowed on. “I don’t want you to get another apartment.”

There was a pause, and Brennan could’ve sworn she heard him swallow. “What are you saying Bones?”

She gave a swallow of her own before taking a deep breath and replying, “I want you to live here, with me. I mean if you want to, of course.”

“You want me to move in with you?”

“Yes, I believe that was made quite clear by my previous statement.” In her fit of nervousness, she was becoming patronizing. She shook her head. “I apologize.”

“For asking me to move in with you?”

“No. For my tone.”

“Oh. It’s ok. And I would love to live here with you.” His lips captured hers in a long slow kiss that would have become more if the hot water hadn’t chosen that moment to disappear. Brennan yelped into his mouth as the cool water hit her backside.

“Time to get out.”

In her office, Brennan replayed that morning in her mind. She’d done it. Asked him to move in with her. It was a big step. She sighed and ran over the floor plan in her apartment, wondering what belongings of his had survived two moves. He’d said it was all in storage, so maybe most of it could stay there for the time being. With the baby on the way, it might be easier to focus on his things after all was said and done. He’d most likely agree, but she’d run it by him later. Thinking some more, she decided she wanted to do something for him. But what, she had no idea. Her living room flashed in her brain with its comfortable couch and recliner, large bookshelf and modest television.

Hmmm. Hit with the idea, she logged onto her computer. Finding what she was looking for, she made a phone call. He was going to love this. Smiling to herself and lost to the world after hanging up the phone, she almost missed her best friend entering her office, the closing of the door jerking her back to the real world.

“Hey sweetie! God, you look great. You’re glowing, really. I’m guessing last night’s trip to the airport went swimmingly.”

The airport. Her smile sagged a bit before explaining the night before to Angela.

“That bitch. Do you want me to hurt her for you? Cause I will.”

Brennan’s smile returned. “Thanks Ange.”

“I cannot believe they actually kissed! You should’ve murdered him in his sleep or something.”

“It’s done. It happened. We weren’t together, and there’s nothing either of us can do to change it.” Brennan shrugged.

“Come on Bren. You must’ve been hurt.” Her friend edged around the desk and kneeled in front of Brennan’s chair, taking her hands and squeezing them tightly.

“I was, but as I said, what’s done is done. There’s nothing else going on, at least not from his end, and I do trust him.” She paused, wondering whether or not to share her announcement. Deciding for it, she continued. “He’s not going to look for another apartment.”

Angela’s eyes widened, her grip on Brennan’s hands growing stronger. “Oh. My. God. He’s moving in with you?! You asked him?” Her friend nodded, and Angela beamed at her. “This is soooo great!! I’m so proud of you!” She wrapped her up in a hug, gently shaking her back and forth. “I’m going to go tell everyone.” She moved to get up, but noticed Brennan following her.

“I have a favor to ask everyone,” she said by way of explanation and the two left Brennan’s office.

After gaining everyone’s eager acquiescence to help with the furniture delivery, Brennan heard her phone ring. As fast as she could, she headed back into her office.

“Hey beautiful.”

Thankful he couldn’t see her reddening cheeks over the phone she put him on speaker phone and replied, “Hey yourself. How’s your day?”

“I was calling to ask you that same question.”

“I asked first.”

“It’s going ok. Olivia and I got a case. The guys working it before got something more urgent so it got handed to us.”

Flinching at the blonde’s name Brennan replied, “I’m sure it’ll be no problem for you. My day is going well so far. I’ve gotten some work done and Angela, Hodgins, Zach, and Cam promised to come over tomorrow and help set up the nursery.”

“That’s good to know. I’d probably kill myself trying to do it alone.” He chuckled and she joined in, imagining him complaining about his back all day long.

“Hey Booth, while I’ve got you on the phone, do you mind if we left your things in storage until after the baby’s born. Focus on one thing at a time.”

“No problem. It’s mostly furniture and whatnot anyway. We’ll probably end up selling most of it. All the important stuff I brought with me.”

“Ok. I bought you something,” she said in a teasing tone.

“Really? You gonna tell me?”

“Nope. It’s a surprise. You’ll see it when you get home. It’s being delivered to the apartment.”

“Now the rest of the day’s gonna go by so slow. Thanks a lot Bones.” She knew there was a grin on his face despite the sarcasm in his tone.

She was about to say something else when Angela’s voice rang through the lab and through the office door, which she’d left open.

“Oh my God!”

“Bones? What was that?”

“Angela, hang on, I’ll be right back.” Placing a hand on the desk for support, Brennan pushed herself out of her chair and went out on the platform. “Ange, what’s the matter?”

Her question was answered for her by the man standing in the doorway of the lab.

“Sully?”
jremme
jremme

Back to top Go down

Post by jremme Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:58 am

“Tempe!” He raced to the platform, rushing up the stairs and ignoring the alarms that sounded at his intrusion. Angela swiped her ID cutting off the noise, watching the man like a hawk.

Sully embraced her and pulled back at her stiffness. “You ok Tempe?”

“I just…didn’t think I’d ever see you again.”

“I’m not here for long. Tomorrow evening I’ve got a flight out. I’m going to Venezuela with the Peace Corps.” He stared at her belly. “Have you gained weight?” He shook his head. “I’m so sorry. That was a terrible thing to say. You look great.”

Brennan glared at him briefly. “I’m pregnant.”

“Oh. Wow. This changes everything. I know I’ve been gone awhile, but I promise I’ll be there for you and this baby. I’m glad I didn’t stay at sea as long as I’d planned. I’d hate to miss out on the birth. I’ll do the right thing by you, Tempe. I swear it.”

“He’s not yours Sully,” Brennan said, a little colder than she’d intended. She dragged him into her office.

“What? It’s a boy? How could he not be mine? Are you sure? I was only gone for seven months.”

“I’m only five months along. Yes, he is a boy and yes, I’m sure he’s not yours. Why are you here? You leave me behind for seven months and all of a sudden come in here expecting me to leap into your arms like no time had passed? Think again.” Temperance Brennan waited for no man. Except for Booth.

“Bones? Who’s that there with you? Is that…Sully?”

She’d forgotten about the speakerphone.

“Hi Booth. Yea, it’s me. I’m back.” His greeting was met with a grumbling noise and a sort of growl that reminded Brennan of the noise she had made the previous night.

She quickly crossed behind her desk and picked up the phone, taking it off speaker. “Booth…he just showed up at the lab…I don’t know why…no, there’s no need to come over, I can handle it on my own…Yes, I’m sure…I love you too, and I’ll see you tonight…Bye.”

She turned back to Sully, who was now focusing on the floor, having overheard her quiet phone conversation. “So, you and Booth?”

“Yes.”

“That’s…good. And Tempe, I didn’t expect you to wait for me, I just hoped.”

“That ship sailed when you did Sully,” she said, proud of her phrasing.

Sully nodded. Temperance Brennan using the ‘L’ word meant things were serious with Booth.

“He’s the father then?”

Brennan nodded, not saying anything.

“Look, I still want to catch up with you. How does a late lunch sound? We can stay right here and just go to the cafeteria. What do you think?”

Brennan contemplated for a moment. Seeing nothing wrong with lunch, she replied, “Sure. I’m getting hungry actually.” They left her office and Angela followed behind, not trusting the weaselly looking man with her best friend.

During lunch, he told her all about his journey. He’d meant to be gone longer, but he said that the sea didn’t really agree with him and he’d come close to being capsized in a storm. He asked her questions about how she and Booth had gotten together and she had been deliberately vague with her answers. It wasn’t any of his business really. She did, however, answer his questions about the baby.

“You know, I think Tim’s a really good name,” he said with a grin. Brennan just shook her head. Over her dead body.

After lunch, Sully left the lab with the promise to return to Brennan’s apartment the next day to help with the moving before his flight. He wasn’t really needed, but Brennan wanted to make the gesture anyway.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Angela asked from her office couch. “Booth and Sully in a small space? World War Three could break loose in your apartment.”

“Nonsense Angela. Booth and Sully are both fully grown mature men. I’m sure it won’t be a problem.” Doubt nagged at her though, and she hoped it was unfounded. She picked up the phone and called his office.

“Hello?”

“It’s me. I just wanted to tell you that I asked Sully to come over to help move everything tomorrow before he leaves the country.”

“Oh.”

“That’s it?”

“We don’t really need him Bones. Wait. He’s leaving the country?” The cheerfulness returned to his voice.

“Yes. He’s going to South America for the Peace Corps.”

“Good. I guess it’s ok if he comes over and helps.”

“I wasn’t asking.”

“I know. I’m making myself feel better by deluding myself into believing I have a say in this.”

“Oh.”

He smiled at her lack of response. “It’s ok Bones. Really. It’s less work for me. Besides, he’s the past. You and me, we’re the present and the baby’s the future. It doesn’t bother me.”

She really did love him. “Thank you Booth.”

“Sure. I gotta go. I love you.”

“I love you too.” She hung up and sighed, turning her gaze down to the life growing inside her. “You hear that baby? I love your daddy and he loves me. I love you too. I can’t wait to see your face.” She rubbed her belly and was rewarded by movement. She loved these moments, just her and her son. And the fact that he could actually hear her now made it all the more special. She’d have to let Booth talk to him soon.

Brennan left early so she could be home for the delivery of Booth’s gift. She wanted to make sure it was put in the right spot and everything was done that was supposed to be done. She perched on the couch and ordered the delivery men around, feeling good as she did so. For a moment, she was afraid she’d been wrong about the measurements and it wouldn’t fit in the designated spot. It was a tight squeeze, but it fit. After their job was complete, she gave the men a generous tip as a thank you for enduring her orders and settled down to wait for Booth to come home.

She heard the door open and shut a half an hour later. She pulled herself up and turned to face him. A huge smile broke out on his face, his mouth open in surprise.

“Oh God, I love you!” he proclaimed loudly, stepping towards her. Brennan smiled satisfactorily. She knew he’d like it. Her arms opened, waiting for his embrace, but it never came. He breezed past her and attempted to wrap his arms around the big screen television she’d bought for him. “I love you!” he repeated, his cheek pressed against the screen.

Brennan frowned. That reaction was supposed to be aimed at her, not the damn television. Infuriating man. She walked over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. “Ahem!” she cleared her throat loudly. When he didn’t acknowledge her and looked like he was about to start a hot and heavy make-out session with the TV, Brennan decided enough was enough. She grabbed the remote and turned it on, the loud volume from the surround sound blasting his ears. He stumbled backward, nearly hitting his head on the coffee table.

“I could’ve cracked my skull open Bones, geez!”

“I was just stopping you from whispering sweet nothings to the TV screen. Really Booth, it’s just a television.”

“Just a…just a television? Bones, this is…wait, you got this for me?”

“Yes. Although if I knew it would take my place in your life, I would’ve rethought my choice of gift. I’m almost afraid to tell you the rest.”

“There’s more?” He sounded almost giddy.

“I had cable installed, and ordered all of the extra sports channels for you.”

He sat on the couch next to her. “Thank you. I don’t know what else to say. This was very thoughtful of you. Why though?”

“Because I love you. Do you need a minute alone with the TV? Planning to sleep with it tonight?”

“Can I?”

“Oh, you’d better not be serious.”

“I’m not. I love you and I don’t deserve you.”

“No, you don’t.” She returned his smile and they shared a kiss, which turned into more kisses, deeper than the first. She pulled away, catching her breath and then kissing a trail with her lips to his ear. “Wanna go to bed early?” she whispered, caressing the shell of his ear with her tongue.

He shivered at the contact as her tongue traveled to the sensitive spot behind his ear. “You don’t have to ask me twice.” He stood up and scooped her into his arms, carrying her down the hall to their bedroom.
jremme
jremme

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:01 am

Hahaa.. That was the twist that I did not expected... That sully came... But.. I love this where you are going with this. It would be fun to see Sully and Booth in one tiny room.

I am monitoring this story here and in the FF.net too Smile So Thank you for the update!
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Booth and his tv.....seems to be a true love story.....
I like the idea that they are moving in together
can't wait for more

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:02 am

PPS!!
~~~~~~~~~~Cassie~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : \"When you hear the words 'We think it's Cancer' it puts everything into perspective
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum