Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfiction Resources

+2
WeHaveACase
willgirl
6 posters

Go down

Fanfiction Resources Empty Fanfiction Resources

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:39 am

So here is a place to post things that may be of use to fanfiction writers. If you have found things that have helped your writing in the past, whether it be case related or not, please share!

For example:

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Fanfiction Resources Empty Re: Fanfiction Resources

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:40 am

Here's an FBI schematic:

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Here's an article about how they pick FBI agents:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Here's a list of the 206 Bones in the body

willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Kiki:

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I found this rather interesting:

Great idea, by the way, willi!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:41 am

AnaG:

This is a timeline I put together to help with a fic that never happened...thought someone interested in writing a Max-based story might be able to use it. Covers timeframe through Judas on a Pole. If you find any mistakes...pls let me know. -AnaG

1948: Matthew Brennan’s birthday; pinpoints Max Keenan’s approximate age (59/60)

April 1948: Ruth Keenan’s birthday (as shown on tombstone)

1971: Kyle Keenan/Russ Brennan born

1976: Joy Keenan/Temperance Brennan born

Unknown Timeframe: Max and Ruth rob safety deposit boxes. Non-violent, use cons and case the locations prior to robbery, break in at night.

Unknown Timeframe: Max and Ruth become associated with strong-arm crew with ties to white supremacists and firearms.

1970’s: joint state-federal joint task force created to investigate bank robberies in Kentucky, Iowa and Ohio. ATF is represented by Marine sniper Robert Kirby. Suspects are code-named after explorers: Lewis, Clark, Cooke, Magellan and Columbus (Max). Special Agent Gus Harper reports to supervisor Garrett Delaney.

February, 1978: Gus Harper writes about conspiracy against Marvin Beckett.

June 25, 1978: Special Agent Augustus (Gus) Donald Harper is murdered, framing Marvin Beckett. There is one shot to the head from a .38 caliber Colt Detective Special and twice to the chest with rifle. Autopsy indicates that all three shots came from Colt.

July 2, 1978: Gus Harper’s funeral

July 4, 1978: robbery of Ohio Savings & Loan in Dayton, OH; 3 people killed (two bystanders, 1 state trooper), 7 people wounded. Ruth and Max obtain the contents of Gus Harper’s safety deposit box. Contents include more than a dozen audio tapes, notebooks and field notes implicating corruption and conspiracy to frame Marvin Beckett.

1978: McVicar at Keenan house; is seen by Kyle who is warned by father to take Joy are run and hide if he is seen again.

1978: Max tells Kyle that he is Russ; Ohio

1978: Max Keenan robs Piggly Wiggly grocery store in Carbondale, IL; uses napkins to wipe blood from face/head after being hit by clerk.

1978-1991: Keenan family goes underground and become Max, Christine, Russ and Temperance Brennan. Max is a high school science teacher. Christine is a bookkeeper that appears twice as a witness for the prosecution in tax evasion cases. Temperance attends Woodside Elementary.

1980: Russ hides behind door and scares Tempe who hits him with a Chatty Cathy doll; Christine tells Max that she is just like him.

December, 1991: While on Christmas shopping trip, Max and Christine are spotted by or spot McVicar; disappear leaving Russ and Tempe behind. At some point, they scrape the name of Tempe’s school (Woodside Elementary) from bumper sticker. Also at some point, they are attacked by McVicar with spring-load captive bolt stunner. Christine is wounded in head. McVicar is wounded on head. Three days after initial disappearance, car is located at rest stop in Chicago, 1000 mi from home, blood (McVicar’s and Christine’s) is on right front seat. Car is eventually taken to a federal impound lot.

December 25, 1991: Russ’ attempt to have Christmas for Temperance.

January, 1992: Russ leaves for the west coast and Temperance is placed into foster care.

1992: Christine makes videotape for Temperance.

September 22, 1993: Christine Brennan buys ticket for 9 p.m. showing of The Fugitive at the Rialto theater.

December, 1993: (approximate/based on dates on tombstone) Christine dies from subdural hematoma caused by McVicar’s attack and is buried at the Sunset Memories cemetery in Salisbury, PA by Max. She is buried with new shoes ticket stub, green glass marble and dolphin belt.

September, 1998: Christine’s remains are discovered by gravediggers at cemetery; remains are shipped to Jeffersonian where she becomes Jane Doe 129-0998.

1998: Temperance begins work at Jeffersonian.

-Christine’s remains are identified.

-Max leaves voice mail message warning Temperance to stop looking for him.

-McVicar is killed by Mitchell Downs at Alexandria Federal Holding Facility; assumed hit ordered by Max.

-Temperance finds silver dolphin at Christine’s grave.

-Silver dolphin left at Christine’s grave is traced by the FBI to an artist in Mead, CO. Kirby is alerted to Max’s location.

-Garrett Delaney threatens Max and his family if Harper’s notes are not turned over. Delaney is stalking Russ. At some point, Max contacts Russ.

-Max murders Garrett Delaney with gunshot wound to the head. Places page from Harper’s notebook and Columbus coin in Delaney’s mouth. Body is gutted and burned on top of hotel used to house witnesses.

-Russ visits to warn Brennan.

-Max re-enters Brennan’s life as Father Toby Coulter (sp?). Russ is aware of identity having previously been warned of danger by Max.

-Gus Harper is exhumed and Marvin Beckett is cleared and released.

-Sniper takes shot at Booth and Russ at Royal Diner.

-Kirby places Booth on suspension after meeting with Attorney General.

-Max kills Kirby at Brennan’s apartment in apparent effort to protect Russ.

-Max reveals identity to Brennan and provides her with key to safety deposit box containing Harper’s evidence. Escapes with Russ after handcuffing Brennan to bench and destroying Booth’s borrowed car.

-Max disposes of body using same method and location as Garrett Delaney.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Snoop:

Here are two sites about The U.S. Army Rangers/Snipers

willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Pirate:

I don't know if this is helpful to anyone, but if someone needs to translate something, there's a really great website called Babblefish.

All you have to do is click one of the boxes.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:42 am

maxamilla:

Here's one of my favorite sites -- [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It's 60-second podcasts from Scientific American. The topics cover just about everything and give good explanations. It's almost as good as having your own squints.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by WeHaveACase Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:33 am

willgirl wrote:AnaG:

1978-1991: Keenan family goes underground and become Max, Christine, Russ and Temperance Brennan. Max is a high school science teacher. Christine is a bookkeeper that appears twice as a witness for the prosecution in tax evasion cases. Temperance attends Woodside Elementary.

Great resource...except that Max Keenan became Matthew Brennan, along with Christine, Russ, and Temperance.
WeHaveACase
WeHaveACase

Number of posts : 13
Say What You Want : I don't know what that means...
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:49 am

Thanks! These resources helped a lot! Very Happy
Alexa
Alexa
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 117
Say What You Want : I aim to please.
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://www.twitter.com/AlexaNDYE

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri May 22, 2009 9:14 am

willgirl wrote:December, 1991: While on Christmas shopping trip, Max and Christine are spotted by or spot McVicar; disappear leaving Russ and Tempe behind. At some point, they scrape the name of Tempe’s school (Woodside Elementary) from bumper sticker. ... Three days after initial disappearance, car is located at rest stop in Chicago, 1000 mi from home, blood (McVicar’s and Christine’s) is on right front seat. Car is eventually taken to a federal impound lot.

Actually, I would like to make a small correction--I know the phrasing is somewhat ambiguous, but they lived in or near Chicago when McVicker found them. Those are old Illinois plates on the car. And a 1000 miles from Chicago would probably be somewhere in the southeast or far western/southwestern part of the country. Possibly Maine. I figured it was as the crow flew and not by the roads.
I lean toward the east coast because would they honestly ship an abandoned car to New Jersey from California, say?
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Fanfiction Resources Empty Bones Episode Lists

Post by DBCrazy Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:39 am

This is project is In Process right now. ToZ collected all the material then I loaded it on our server. Right now it's just an episode list, but it will expand to other information that could be helpful to FF writers. If you have particular requests go ahead and send a PM to ToZ or me.

Bones Episodes - Season 1

Bones Episodes - Season 2

Bones Episodes - Season 3

Bones Episodes - Season 4

Bones Episodes - Season 5

(One thing...I have a column for abbreviations. Originally there weren't duplicates hardly at all but these days it almost feels like they're buying the letters on Wheel of Fortune or something. Anybody got any ideas about what to do to distinguish these, or should I just remove that column altogether?)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:51 am

DBCrazy wrote:This is project is In Process right now. ToZ collected all the material then I loaded it on our server. [...]

If anyone finds any mistakes in there feel free to send me a pm as well!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down