Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007)

+12
willgirl
carolelr
pretty_green_eyes
mereva
Cassiopeia
TheBanana
Virpukka
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
A2BOREANAZ
Polygirl
AnabelleG
ehbee
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007) Empty Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007)

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:23 am

A little follow-up to Special Agent Parker Returns. Strictly a one-shot, the muse has not provided anything beyond this….but I thought it would be fun to see how Parker got along with his baby sister. Hope you enjoy! -Ana

And just in case...the two fics in the series before this one are in my archive folder...Special Agent Parker and Special Agent Parker Returns...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Brennan sat on the sofa, legs curled beneath her as she studied the case file on her lap. Yet she wasn’t so focused that she did not hear the sound of small bare feet slapping against the hard wood floor. Looking up from her work, she immediately smiled at the sight of her daughter racing towards her, auburn curls bouncing and a question in her soft brown eyes.

Celia Joy came to a sudden stop when she reached the sofa, inertia almost carrying her into her mother's lap. Slightly out of breath, she paused for a moment before speaking.

“Mama, I need you to help me with somethin’.

Knowing from experience that CJ would expect her full attention, Brennan closed the file and set it aside. Not the she minded. Given the chance…and with the spirited little girl’s energy and curiosity she had been given many chances….she would make the same choice each and every time.

“And what would that be, Miss CJ?”

“I need some tenners.”

“Okay, I think we can manage that. But first you have to tell me what a tenner is.”

CJ gave a shake of her head at her mother’s lack of understanding, and then with a little sigh climbed onto the couch. Placing a little hand on her mother’s arm, she began to patiently explain the meaning and importance of tenners.

“Silly, Mama. You know what tenners are. Uncle Hodgie said I was cute as a bug. But bugs got tenners and I don’t.”

Brennan felt a mixture of amusement and maternal pride. It seemed that her daughter had inherited her difficulty with recognizing metaphors, but took her father’s direct approach to solving a problem. If the metaphor didn’t fit reality, then CJ would just make reality meet the metaphor.

“Oh. I see. No antennae for a cute bug. That sounds like a serious problem.”

CJ nodded her head matter-of-factly, relieved that her mother was taking the situation seriously.

“Mmm-hmmm. But don’t worry, Mama. I gotta plan to fix it.”

After years of living with Parker and watching as he had passed along his obsession with plans to his sister, Brennan was now well-schooled in the parental art of handling plans hatched in the minds of children. Unlike the early days, she was able to take this one in stride. At least this one wasn’t about proposals or baby brothers.

“And I’m sure it is a very good plan too.”

Hearing her mother’s endorsement, the little girl’s enthusiasm grew. She stood up on the sofa cushion, bouncing slightly as she pointed first to one side of her head and then the other.

“Yep. See you gotta help me put a piggy-tail here….and a piggy-tail over here. That’ll be my tenners.”

“Sounds like the perfect solution, CJ. Why don’t you go pick out your barrettes and I will…”

“I alreaadddyy did that part, Mama. Cause Parker says you gotta be ‘pared if you’re gonna have a plan.”

Brennan could only shake her head in amusement as CJ pulled a pair of purple butterfly barrettes from her pocket.

“Now can I have some tenners?”

Recognizing the impatience in CJ’s voice, Brennan took the barrettes from the small outstretched hand and smiled. After all, it really was a good plan.

“Of course, sweetheart.”

“Maaaarrrccooooo!”

Parker rolled his eyes at the sound of his sister calling from the hallway. He was sorely tempted to ignore her, but knew it would not do any good. Ignoring Cee-Cee was not something that ever turned out well. With one last longing look at the video game playing out on the screen, he hit the pause button and then called back..

“Poooloooo……ya’ little twerp.”

CJ bounded into the room, an indignant expression on her face.

“Dontcallmethat.”

Seeing her getting riled up, an amused Parker couldn’t resist teasing her just a little more. Reaching over, he tweaked her nose and winked at her.

“What should I call you then….Little Bit?”

Truly unamused, CJ curled little fists at her waist and leaned in close to Parker.

“Un-huh. My name is CeliaJoyBooth and you better ‘member that, buster.”

“Oh, but you can call me buster, huh?”

“Yep. Cause I’m the LITTLE sister.”

“Okay then LITTLE sister….now can I finish my video game?”

He turned to face the screen again, only to feel an impatient tug on his sleeve.

“But Paaarrker, I wanna play!”

Looking back at her pleading eyes, Parker knew that the game was over for now. He’d never been all that good at saying no to his baby sister. Even if she was a pain sometimes. And truthfully, though he would never admit it to anyone even under the threat of a lifetime ban from his X-box, he kinda had fun when she was around.

“What is it this time twer….Cee-Cee? Tea party again?”

Smiling brightly now that she had her brother’s full attention, CJ sat next to her brother on the floor and crossed her legs.

“Nope. I ‘cided tea parties are for girls.”

“And you aren’t a girl?”

“Some of the times. But today I’ma sweetpea.”

“Who told you that?”

“My Daddy did…Now can we play?”

Parker couldn’t resist one more teasing comment. After all…he couldn’t make it too easy for her.

“Maybe later. Right now I wanna….”

“I’m gonna tell Mama you’re playing that stupid game and she’s gonna make do the FLASH-cards again!”

As she stood to leave the room, Parker realized that he may have pushed his luck too far. She wasn’t above telling on him, and he dreaded the idea of another session with the flashcards. This week it was the periodic table.

“Wait….sweetpea. Ummm, what was it you wanted to play again?”

Turning back to him with a satisfied smile on her face, CJ revealed her plan.

“Pirates. ‘Member you told ‘bout when you and Mama caught the pirate?”

“Uh, yeah….but first you gotta show me that you can be tough enough to go chasin’ pirates.”

CJ was prepared for this. She wanted her big brother to know that she could be tough. She narrowed her eyes, wrinkled her nose and let out the growliest growl that she could manage.

“Aaarrrgghh!”

Mock fear on his face, Parker leaned back and placed a hand to his chest.

“Whew, boy. That was pretty tough for a sweetpea!”

The little girl beamed with pride at her brother’s words.

“Un-huh. I been practicin’. Now will you play pirates with me Parker.....Pleeeeassee.?”

“Oh, alright….I guess you talked me into it.”

CJ gave a squeal of delight and wrapped her arms around her brother’s neck.

“Parker you are my favoritest brother in the whole wide world.”

Hearing her words brought a smile to Parker’s face, and for a brief moment he dropped the big-brother bravado and placed a hand at her back, returning her hug.

But as much as big brothers may adore their little sisters, it is not always something that they express easily. So, after a moment, Parker leaned away from the hug and rolled his eyes at the look of hero-worship on his sister’s face.

“Cee-Cee….I’m your ONLY brother.”

“Right now….but I wanna big brother AND a little brother. I just gotta think of a plan.”
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 728
Say What You Want : A pregnant goldfish is called a 'twit'
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007) Empty Re: Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007)

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:24 am

**raises one hand and places other on cover of prized Season 1 dvds and swears never ever again to say it’s just a one-shot when it comes to Parker/Celia Joy stories**

lol…guess I wasn’t able to leave this one alone after all…Parker doesn’t make an appearance, just a little father-daughter moment for Booth and Cee-Cee. Hope you enjoy!

-Ana

He watched as her little hands turned the plate and then half-heartedly picked up one of the cookies. A single bite, no milk dunk at all, and the cookie was back on the plate. Yeah, something was definitely wrong.

He’d thought something was up when he picked her up early from daycare. No arguing when he strapped her into her car seat. Not one word about sitting in the ‘big people seats’. She didn’t sing “Sally Ann the Camel” one time. No questions. Usually there was at least one humdinger of a question on the ride home. Why can’t the sky be green some of the days. Didn’t it get tired of being blue all of the time? Who got to decide if bugs got to fly or if they had to crawl in the dirt? Cause playing in the dirt was fun, but it wasn’t fair that some of them never got to see what it was like to be in the air. She was so silent that he almost…almost… wished for the king daddy question of them all….where do babies come from?

Once they were home, he had even abandoned Tempe’s regulation carrot sticks in favor of contraband chocolate chip cookies for snack time. He was willing to take the hit, if he could get her to smile. His C.J. was too quiet and he didn’t like it one bit.

Kneeling down beside her chair, he brushed the curls from her forehead and was surprised by the real worry that he saw clouding her brown eyes.

“Cee-Cee…is something wrong? You know that you can tell Da…”

Her response was so soft that he almost didn’t hear it.

“Are you really sick, Daddy?”

“Oh, sweetpea…no, I’m not sick at all. Daddy is fit as a fiddle, healthy as a horse…”

His words trailed off as he noticed the confused look on her face. Definitely her mother’s daughter. He picked her up and then sat down in the chair, holding her close.

“Daddy is fine, sweetheart. I promise, okay?”

“You don’t have a fever?”

“Let me check….” He placed his hand over his forehead as if gauging his temperature. “Nope…no fever. Everything is fine, honey.”

“Oh, okay then.” As if by magic, the worry seemed to disappear from her eyes. She picked up the cookie and began to eat as if nothing had been bothering her.

Booth took a cookie of his own, but held it, unable to take a bite.

“Somethin’ wrong, Daddy?”

“Umm…no, no, everything’s fine. C.J…why did you think something was wrong with Daddy?”

“Oh, that. Well, me and Mama rode in the car to daycare with Aunt Angela and Kara this morning.”

“Okay….” He waited patiently as she carefully dipped her cookie in the cup of milk.

“And me and Kara were playing pretend, but even when she was whisperin’ I heard Aunt Angela tell Mama that you were still hot after all of the years. Uh-oh, Daddy…you dropped your cookie…”

A flustered Booth looked down at the broken cookie on the floor, but really didn’t see it. What was he supposed to say to…

“….cause when Parker had the flu buggy, he had a fever for three whole days. But she said you had been hot for yeeearrs. So I thought you might be really really sick….

She paused to take another bite of her cookie and he thought he might finally be able to…

“But Daddy, you don’t got a fever…..so what does hot mean then?”

“Umm, well sweetpea….let’s just say….that it is a very grown-up way of saying that someone looks handsome.

“Oh.”.

“But, Cee-Cee, sweetie…promise Daddy that you won’t ever use that word like that until you are…oh, about forty years old, okay?”

“ ‘Kay, Daddy. But that’s a long time. Forty years old is reallllly old.”

He blinked quickly, thinking of the number of candles on his last birthday cake.

“Well, it’s not that…”

“Ooops. I almost forgot somethin’”

He looked down to find a little hand pressed against the center of his chest. He didn’t even mind seeing the smear of chocolate on his white dress shirt. Celia Joy was back to her usual self and he couldn’t wait to hear what…”

“What is it, sweetpea….?”

“I’m checkin’ on your heart now.”

“But, Cee-Cee, I told you that Daddy was okay….”

“I know. But after Aunt Angie said that you were ho…” Her eyes got big when she realized what she almost said.

“Sorry, Daddy….I mean, handsome…then after that Mama said that most special thing was that you had a big heart. So, I wanna check to make sure it’s okay too..”

“Oh, she said that, hmmm?”

“Un-huh. And she was right too, Daddy.

She rested her head next to her hand, and he leaned back unable to speak for fear of bawling like a baby. All he could do was hold her a little closer, grateful for this moment with his little girl.

“Um…Daddy?”

“Yeah, Cee-Cee?”

“Can I ask you somethin’ else?”

“Anything, sweetpea.”

“Nooow will you tell me where babies come from?”
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007) Empty Re: Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007)

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 am

Three special mentions here…

To a2b…know that after today will be laptop-less…but know we will keep seeing you…remember you’re the GLUE sweetpea….you keep reading the cee-cee’s and i’ll keep writing ‘em for ya…

To wills…hope this helps with the chipmunk cheeks sweetie…and that you are feeling better soon…

And to pyro….the mosquito bit in the story (that’ll make sense in a minute) is all hers …we miss you chickie!

So…here we go…another Cee-Cee adventure. This one is a light on the descrïption…for some reason the musie was generous with the dialogue, not the pictures… but hope you enjoy!-Ana

Hodgins looked up from the slide he was examining, startled by the unusual sound of a child’s giggle in the lab. He scanned the platform looking for the source…and couldn’t help but smile when he spotted the little girl headed in his direction…auburn pigtails and the hem of her tiny blue lab coat flying behind her as she ran across the room.

“Hodgie, Hodgie….guess whose comin’ to see you!”

Laughing, he bent down to pick up the pint-sized bundle of energy, settling her on his hip.

“Hmmm…I don’t know….who could it be?”

“Silly Hodgie…It’s me!”

“Oh…I thought it might be Zach.”

“Uh-unh….Zachaddy is helpin’ Mama finish workin’ on the bones. But I like him. He makes Daddy make these funny faces allllll the time!”

“Well that’s because….”

His words trailed off as a very winded Booth made his way up the steps of the platform.

“Sorry, Hodgins…took my eyes off of her for just a second and…”

“Hey, man. No problem…CJ and I were just catching up.”

“Cee-Cee…your aren’t buggin’ the Bug Man are you?”

“No, Daddy. I promise I was bein’ real good. Right, Hodgie?”

“That’s right, sweetheart. Really, Booth…she’s no trouble. If you need to go help Brennan I can keep an eye on her.”

“No…I don’t want to keep you from….”

“Oh, pleeeeassse, Daddy! Please, can I stay and look at the bugs and the slimy stuff?”

Booth paused for a second, torn between not wanting to encourage his little girl’s obsession with the creepy crawlies and not being able to deny her when she looked at him with those wide brown eyes.

“Alright, sweetpea, but….” He turned to Hodgins “Nothing too squinty, okay?”

“Sure thing, Booth.”

“I won’t be squinty Daddy, I promise!”

A reluctant Booth gave in, and after a promise to return soon…not to mention a series of goodbye hugs and kisses from CJ…he turned towards his wife’s office. As he walked away, he paused, listening as his daughter peppered Hodgins with questions.

“Can I see the furry spiders again? And did the catapealers turn into butterflies yet? Oh, wow…Hodgie…what’s that green stuff in the big jar over there….?”

He turned back to get her…but then the sound of laughter reached him and he stopped. Because if being a squint made his baby girl happy….

Hodgins smiled as he watched the little girl holding the glass jar close to her face, entranced by the mass of black beetles crawl over a the surface of the container. He had to admit he looked forward to her visits, to teaching her about bugs and slime. His own Cara was surprisingly patient when he rambled on, but he knew how much she preferred the paint and charcoal in Angela’s studio.

So it was nice to see the light in Cee-Cee’s eyes as they examined jar after jar of insect specimens...to see how proud she was when he had let her sit at the microscope to look at….

His thoughts were interrupted by a sharp tug on his lab coat. He looked down to find her standing there holding the bug jar in one hand …the other curled into a tiny fist resting on her hip in a gesture that reminded him of her mother.

“Did you ‘member to think about the bug name?”

“Oh…that’s right! How could I forget…I was supposed to decide what kind of bug you are…..”

“Mm-hm. Cause you said I was cute as a bug, ‘member?” She tugged at one of her pigtails, “See…I even got tenners!”

“Very nice….and how did you grow those so fast?”

“My Mama made ‘em for me! She did a real good job, didn’t she?”

“She certainly did...Now let’s see….what kinda of bug is Miss CJ? It’s gotta be a special one…”

“And it can’t be a ‘squito.”

“No mosquito? Why not..they're not so bad..."

“Can’t be a ‘squito, Hodgie…cause I’ma girl!”

“But CJ…there are millions of girl mosquitoes…”

“Yeah…but ‘member you tole me the girl ones are the kind that drink the blood when they bite you. And that’s real yucky, so…”

“Oh, well now, that makes perfect sense. So…no mosquitoes. How about…a spider....let me check….nope, not enough legs….you have to have eight…”

She looked down at her feet, sighing heavily.

“Thatsa lot of legs….and I only got two…”

“Don’t worry. You never seemed like the spider type to me anyway. In fact, Cee-Cee….I think you…are a ladybug!”

“A ladybug?.......Do they get to fly?”

“Sometimes. And you know…” He leaned forward as if sharing a great secret. “Some people say that seeing a ladybug is good luck…that it makes you happy.”

“You really think when people see me it’ll make ‘em happy?”

Hodgins looked at the little girl that was still holding the jar of beetles in the crook of her arm like it was her favorite teddy bear…who, when she came to visit the lab, always wore the little blue lab coat he had given her for her birthday…and who loved bugs enough to be disappointed that she didn’t have enough legs to be a spider.

“Yeah, ladybug…I really do.”
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:36 am

Well...sat down with the notebook with every intention of writing a jealousy fic...but lo and behold....cee-cee popped out on the page instead...no real plot line or 'case' yet...she just seems to be, well being cee-cee...so anywhoo...here we go. Hope you enjoy! -ana

Zach was very nervous. As nervous as….well, too nervous to put the effort into thinking of what the appropriate metaphor would be.

He looked over at the child sitting next to him on the sofa in Dr. Brennan’s office and breathed a sigh of relief to find that she was still occupied by the juice box Hodgins had left when he had been called away. Before today, whenever he was around CJ there had always been someone else around. Which was fine with him. He didn’t understand little people any better than he understood big people.

The tiny comfort zone disappeared with the sound of a straw slurping the dregs from the bottom of the juice box. He watched apprehensively as CJ sighed in satisfaction and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. She slid from the couch, and crossed the room to put the empty container in the trash bin before returning to stand quietly in front of him. Snack time was over.

The two of them appraised each other in silence. Each tilted their head slightly to one side as they stared, as if pondering the nature of an alien creature that had suddenly appeared in their path.

Then Cee-Cee giggled, which confused Zach even more.

“You’re funny, Zachaddy.”

“I’m…funny?” His forehead wrinkled as he struggled with the idea. He didn’t think anyone had ever accused him of being funny before.

“Mmm-hmmm.” Cee-Cee replied matter-of-factly, as if it required no further explanation. Not understanding that she had just thrown Zach for a loop, she moved on.

“Can we play now?”

“Play?”

The child may as well have been speaking Klingon. Well, maybe not…he had a pretty decent grasp of….maybe Japanese. He hadn’t learned how to speak that yet…

“…or duck the goose or old maid or crazy eights or…”

Zach took a deep breath and decided to give it a try.

“Chess?”

“I don’t know how to play that one.”

CJ pressed forward without skipping a beat, intent on finding some game to occupy their time,

“Oh…I know! We can play hide an’ seek!”

She clasped her hands in delight at her own idea, so excited that she was nearly bouncing right out of her baby pink converse sneakers.

“There’s lotsa good places to hide at Mama’s lab…me an’ Cara, we always…”

Her chatter stopped abruptly, a look of real concern on her face as she heard the low growl of discomfort coming from Zach. She stepped closer, patting him on the shoulder.

“What’s the matter, Zachaddy? You don’t know how to play hide ‘nd seek?”

“No. Yes. I mean, I know the rules. I used to play that with my brothers and sisters. I didn’t like it very much.”

Cee-Cee edged even closer, curious as to how anyone in the world could not like to play hide and seek.

“How come?”

“They…..well, I hid. They didn’t seek.”

Stunned, CJ took a step back, eyes wide in disbelief.

“You mean….they didn’t look for you?”

“Mmmm. The last time I hid under the kitchen sink for two hours before I came out. They said they forgot.”

For a second, he was lost in the memory…how excited he had been to be included only to be confused later as he exited the cabinet to find them eating cookies at the kitchen table.

When he returned to the present, he was greeted by the sight of one very incensed little girl, her pigtails practically vibrating with outrage at thought of someone being forgotten.

“That was real mean. They shouldn’t have done that to you, Zachaddy. I’m gonna tell my Daddy and he’s gonna go beat ‘em up and put ‘em in the jail and…”

Zach was stunned at how upset she was at something that had happened years ago. To him. He had to stop her, it made him feel….it made him feel. Which he handled about as well as he understood children.

“Um..CJ? I’m okay. See?”

She stopped, staring with narrowed eyes at smile he had plastered on is face. Something about it didn’t seem right to her, but in the end she decided to take him at his word. Reaching out, she used two hands to grab one of his, trying to pull him up from the sofa.

“Alright. Now let’s go play. You can hide first, okay?”

Zach resisted, not sure that he would be able to handle anything more complicated than supervising juice consumption. And he really, really didn’t like the idea of hiding in some dark and cramped….

The warmth of two small hands pressing against the sides of his face captured his attention, and he found himself looking into a pair of soft brown eyes.

“Don’t be scared, Zachaddy….I promise I won’t forget you.”
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:39 am

Another little bit with Cee-Cee. This time, she’s not exactly on her best behavior, apparently she has a little something a stubborn streak….really, wonder where she would have gotten that from? …lol….but anyway…..hope you enjoy! – Ana

Brennan sat at one end of the table staring at the journal in front of her as she were completely absorbed in the latest advances in osteological research. She casually flipped to the next page, pretending that she didn’t hear the relentless tapping of a small cowboy boot against the table leg or the heavy sighs coming from the opposite end of the table. Then came a tentative foray in the form of a small voice.

“Mama?”

“Yes, Cee-Cee?” She responded with looking up from the article.

“Can I go play now?”

“Did you eat all of your peas?”

“Some of them I did.”

Brennan stood and walked to where her daughter was sitting, taking quick note of the nervous look in her brown eyes. A quick examination of CJ’s plate revealed that while it was possible that a pea or two may have actually made it into her mouth, most of the little girl’s time had been spent artfully arranging her food to disguise that most of them were, in fact, still on her plate. With a mother’s weary sigh, Brennan sat down in the closest chair.

This was just the latest battle in the vegetable wars with her daughter. If Cee-Cee had her way, she would subsist on a diet consisting almost solely of chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, french fries, and orange popsicles. It had become a matter of vigilance to make sure the child had some fresh vegetables every night. Yesterday, she had picked up her daughter’s plate to find a perfect circle of green beans hidden beneath the rim. The day before, Booth had caught her trying to scoop her carrots onto Parker’s plate when he wasn’t looking. They were really at their wits end when it came to….

Her musings were interrupted by a movement in her peripheral vision. She focused in time to see a head of auburn curls disappearing behind a now empty chair.

“Celia…Joy…Booth!”

The little girl froze in mid-step, still on her tip toes. Her shoulders slumped and she returned to her chair. She placed both of her hands flat on the table and then rested her chin on top of them. There was a pitifully drawn out sigh before she spoke.

“Do I hafta eat the peas?”

“Yes, Cee-Cee. We’ve been over this bef..”

“But whyyyyy?”

“Because they have vitamins and minerals that keep little girls healthy and help them grow into….”

“But I can’t eat ‘em…I really, real-ly can’t.”

Brennan took a deep breath, gathering her patience and tried again.

“Yes you can…and you will….”

“But I can’t because my Daddy said I was a sweetpea and if I eat ‘em that would be like bein’ a camnibal!”
The words rushed out of her mouth, running over each other as she talked. For a moment, Brennan was bewildered by her daughter’s outburst.

“Sweetpea…camnibal…cannibal! Celia Joy! Where….where did you hear that word?”

She quickly looked around the room to make sure Booth was nowhere within earshot. The time he’d heard her talking about maggots had been bad enough….and now…god, had Cee-Cee overheard her discussing her book with her editor? Was it one of the cases? She tried to be discreet when the children were…but there had been no cannibals lately….

Aware that she had successfully sidetracked her mother from the topic of vegetables, a look of triumph crossed the little girl’s face.

“On the ‘scovery Channel, Mama. They talked about it in the show ‘bout the ants and how sometimes when they…”

The words faded into the background as Brennan held her head in her hands. A part of her was intensely proud of her daughter’s cognitive skills, but there was another part that wondered if she was going to be the only parent in history that would have to use parental controls to block the Discovery Channel. Taking a deep breath, she scrambled to find a way to explain why cannibalism was not exactly appropriate subject matter for….

“Can I have a popsicle now?”

Brennan looked from her daughter then back to the scattered peas on her plate and realized that the more global issues would have to take a back seat to more immediate concerns. An idea slowly began to form…a way to use Cee-Cee logic to her own advantage.

“So, Cee-Cee, I want to make sure I understand…if your Dad had said you were a….pretty carrot, you wouldn’t be able to eat carrots, right?”

CJ hesitated for a second, wondering if there was a trap in her mother’s question.

“Mm-hmm…but I don’t think he would do that.”

“Okay. Well….what about ‘Mack”….like mac’n’cheese? Then you couldn’t eat that.”

This time, CJ was a little slower to respond. She really, really liked macaroni and cheese, but if it meant not eating veggies anymore….

“Nooooo…..I guess…”

Brennan watched her daughter reach out, idly fidgeting with the spoon next to her plate. Sensing that she was getting close to a minor victory, she pressed on.

“And…oh goodness, Cee-Cee….what if one day he said you were sweet as an ice cream cone. I guess that will mean no more Chunky Monkey for….”

The little girl’s forehead creased and then her brown eyes grew wide with alarm. With amazing speed, she picked up her spoon and scooped a few peas from the plate. Then, the spoon stopped halfway to her mouth and she turned to look at her mother.

“Mama….you are really smart.”

“Um, yeah, Cee-Cee….” But as she watched her daughter make short work of the remaining peas and then slide from her chair, Brennan couldn’t help but wonder if her intelligence was going to be enough to get through this spell.

Because there was still a conversation to be had about not discussing cannibalism at the dinner table.

And tomorrow….tomorrow spinach was on the menu.
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:43 am

Another little installment in the adventures of Miss Cee-Cee. I know that she is spending a lot of unsupervised time in the lab…but it is just too much fun to see what she can stir up there.

This one is for Wills and Niah and all the others in The Mighty Pen. Thanks again for the advice…

And with that being said…..hope you enjoy! –Ana

The little girl made her way methodically around the open lab space, looking under tables, peering into the shadowed spaces behind the big machines, opening the few unlocked cabinet doors.

Eventually, she halted her search and pushed her hands into the front pockets of her pint-sized lab coat. Standing in one corner, her eyes scanned the room section by section, a tiny crease forming on her forehead. She was trying to do what her mother had taught her. When you have a big problem, you turn it into small problems that you can fix one at a time. That way no problem was too big even for a little girl. But Cee-Cee was beginning to worry that she had a too big problem.

She was so intent on her examination of the room that she did not hear the footsteps approaching behind her.

“Miss Booth?”

Her eyes widened as she recognized the authoritative voice. She turned and slowly looked up, a tentative smile on her face.

“Hi, Mister-Doctor Goodman.”

“Is there something that I can help you find, Celia?”

“Um…”. Cee-Cee rocked back and forth on the heels of her pink cowboy boots, unsure of what to say. She really could use his help, but she was not sure exactly how much she could tell him without….

The hesitation triggered his own father-radar, well-honed after the years spent with his own two daughters. He waited, knowing that sometimes silence could work wonders when trying to draw out secrets from precocious little girls.

“Weelllll, see…I think….I think I lost Zachaddy.”

Caught somewhere between amusement and surprise, Goodman didn’t have a chance to respond before Cee-Cee’s words began to tumble out one after the other.

“We were playing hide ‘nd seek again and Zachaddy was hidin’ this time and I’m supposed to find him but I can’t and he’s gonna think I forgot all about him like his brothers did and that would make him sad because I promised. I promised Mister-Doctor Goodman that I wouldn’t ever ever for….”

When she finally paused to take a much needed breath, Goodman seized the opportunity to speak.

“Celia. Dr. Addy is fine. In fact, this explains why I found him standing behind the mass spectrometer instead of examining the specimens from….”

He paused as he noticed the little girl suddenly intently studying the pattern in the lineoleum.

“Celia?”

“I’m sorry.”

Troubled by the sad note in the little girl’s whispered apology, Goodman kneeled down in front of her.

“Now what on earth do have to be sorry for?’

She looked up, tears welling her soft brown eyes.

“Cause we was playin’ and Zachaddy was supposed to be workin’ and he was behind the big machine and Mama says those aren’t toys and I didn’t mean to get him in trouble…”

“Oh, sweetheart. Dr. Addy isn’t in trouble.”

“He’s not?” Hope grew in her eyes as she sniffled back the impending tears.

“No, he’s not. I promise. In fact, right now he is working on a special project for me.’

“Oh. Okay.”

Worries gone, the little girl immediately returned to her usual curious state.

“Can I get to help on a special proj-ect too?

Mister-Doctor Goodman could not from smiling as he saw the familiar expression of a certain forensic anthropologist cross the little girl’s face.

He was focused on the next quarter’s budget for the research division when he heard a heavy sigh from the other side of his desk. He looked up to find a pair of brown eyes staring at him over the edge of the dark wood surface.

“Yes, Celia?”

“Being a ‘ministrader isn’t very fun.”

He started to respond, but stopped before the words formed. Lost in thought, he didn’t notice that Cee-Cee had made her away around to his side of the desk until he felt a small hand resting on his own.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.”

“Oh, Celia. You didn’t. In fact, I was thinking that you were right.”

“You mean you don’t like bein’ a ‘ministrader?”

Goodman didn’t speak, still surprised by what he had revealed to the little girl and to himself.

“Then whyda do it then?”

“Well…I get to work with interesting people…like your mother and father for example.”

“Mmm-hmmm. And Zachaddy and Hodgie and Auntie Angie….”

“Yes. That is true…”

Cee-Cee continued on, suddenly sure that she knew what the problem was. And how she could make it better.

“Maybe…..maybe you just need to ‘member how to do funner things too…”

“Funner things?”

“Un-huh, like playin’ games and lookin’ at bugs and….”

There were a million things that he had to do, important deadlines he had to meet, but as he listened to Cee-Cee’s list of ‘funner’ things, he couldn’t help but think…..

Brennan hurried in the direction of Dr. Goodman’s office with more than a little concern. Zach had offered to keep an eye on Cee-Cee while she and Booth had gone to interrogate a new suspect in the case….and the next thing she knew there was a message on her cell phone from Dr. Goodman’s administrative assistant saying that CJ was at his office. She could only imagine what her inquisitive and apparently fearless daughter had managed to stir up this time.

When she reached his office, she took a deep breath and knocked. Without waiting for a response, she pushed open the wooden door and crossed the threshold, apologies for any inconvenience already forming in her mouth.

But the sight before her robbed her of the ability to speak. Whatever she had been expecting, it wasn’t this.

Cee-Cee stood on one of the high backed antique chairs, her shoulders draped with a colorful square of fabric and what Brennan hoped was a reproduction Iron Age helmet covering her curls. In one hand, she held a bright yellow yard stick and in the other a large square of cardboard that looked suspiciously like the back of a desk calendar.

Overcoming her surprise, she rushed to her daughter and began removing the items.

“Celia Joy Booth, what are you doing with….”

Cee-Cee knew it was bad when Mama used ALL of her names, but she tried to explain that it wasn’t a bad thing at all…

“But Mama…I’m an Iron Age warr-ior and….”

“As am I, Dr. Brennan.”

She turned to find Dr. Goodman peering at her from his hiding place behind the desk, an upturned bowl covering his head and ruler of his own in his hand. Her mouth opened and closed as she watched the normally straight-laced man stand up and straighten his ‘helmet’ with a broad smile on his face.

“Oh…don’t looked so shocked. Celia here was just teaching me how to…what was the word, sweetheart?”

“Funner. I was teachin’ him to be more funner, Mama.”

Brennan looked from the pride on her daughter’s face to the smile on Goodman’s, and could not help but smile herself.

“Well…it certainly looks like you did a good job, Cee-Cee. But now I’m afraid that we need to get home, Daddy is waiting on us in the car.”

At the mention of her daddy, Cee-Cee quickly began to remove her makeshift costume and carefully stack the items on the corner of the desk. The grown-ups talked about grown-up things and said their thank you’s and goodbyes. Then her mother took her by the hand and they began to walk out of the office.

As they reached the door, the little girl suddenly turned and waved back at the man still standing behind his desk in his warrior costume with a smile in his eyes.
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:44 am

Okay…it’s a bit rough, didn’t edit this time, so apologies for typos, misspells, etc…but wanted to get this one out to everyone tonight….and this one is a little different…has a surprise or two for a few people…hope you enjoy! –ana

Darla absently wiped a cloth over the countertop, a satisfied smile on her face as she looked around her bright, cheery shop. It had taken a lot of hard work, but she had made it happen. She breathed deeply, taking in the scents of vanilla and sugar and chocolate, thinking that there was nothing better in the world.

A short whoop of laughter broke into her musings, and rather than be irritated, her smile only got brighter. It was the sound of someone being happy…and as the rest of the chatter in the room seeped into her consciousness, she realized that there was one thing better than all of the baked goods in the world. The sounds of friends happily talking away all around her. That was the real reason wanted to open this shop, bringing people together.

She moved a little further down the counter to her workspace and began to smooth a thick layer of chocolate frosting over each of the dozen cupcakes that were resting there. As she worked, she thought about the many people that had walked through her door in the last year. Politicians and secretaries. Students and senior citizens. Really, every type of person that DC had to offer seemed to walk into her shop, spend long minutes agonizing over which confection to choose, and then settle into one of the comfy chairs for a nice long chat with friends and strangers alike. She began to decorate the cupcakes with a rainbow of sprinkles…which reminded her of the club. She had her very own book club that met here every week. They practically took over the place, and while they didn’t get much reading done…they always had a blast together. One night they had insisted that she join them, and now she considered them her friends.

The very reason that she had opened “Cupcakes and Conversations”.

Darla looked up as the cheery sound of the chimes signaled a new customer. When she saw who was there, she immediately dusted off her hands and headed around the counter.

Brennan waited patiently as Cee-Cee slowly pushed open the door to the café. It was all part of their special routine. Every Wednesday evening after dance class, if Celia Joy had ‘kept her ears on’ and listened to the teacher, then she earned a cupcake of her choice from her favorite bakery in the world. Not that it was such a hardship for her mother either, Brennan thought as they made their way inside and were enveloped in the wonderful aromas. She had been looking forward to one of Darla’s chocolate mocha filled cupcakes all day.

“Darla!”

She smiled as Cee-Cee ran over pell-mell across the shop and wrapped her arms around Darla’s legs. The two had become fast friends ever since CeeCee had asked what a “combersation” was…and if it tasted as good as the cupcakes.

“Cee-Cee! How’s my sweetie pie doing today?”

“I’m real good, Darla. Do you like my new costume? Auntie Angie made it for me!”

Darla stepped back to admire the tiny little dance costume…a pink leotard with sparkly stars appliquéd all over it.

“Miss Cee-Cee…you look like a real ballerina princess today….but I have to say, I love the shoes the most..”

They both looked down at the red cowboy boots as Cee-Cee lifted the toe of one shoe and wiggled it back and forth for Darla to admire.

“Do you really like ‘em? My daddy picked ‘em out for me!”

Brennan laughed wryly at Cee-Cee’s enthusiasm over the boots.

“And we haven’t been able to get her out of them since. How are you today, Darla?”

“Good, Dr. Bren…”

“Tempe…”

“Tempe…I couldn’t be better now that my favorite munchkin is here.”

Darla kneeled down to talk to Cee-Cee.

“Now...I have a great big batch of new cupcakes that is taking up a lot of space…you wouldn’t know of any little girls that might want…”

“Meeeee!” Cee-Cee raised her hand high over her head, her brown eyes sparkling with excitement. “What kind do you got, Darla?”

Darla saw the hopeful look in the child’s eyes, knowing exactly what the little girl was wishing for.

“Hmmm…well, there’s the green bean flavor…and maybe there’s some spinach cake…”

“Oh.” Cee-Cee tried to hide her disappointment. She didn’t want to hurt her friend’s feelings, but those didn’t sound very good.

“And, I can’t believe I almost forgot!” Darla stood and leaned over the counter, calling to the back of the shop, “Sunny, can you bring those new cakes out…the special ones?”

A merry voice carried back to them.

“Sure, Darla…here they are…..”

Darla’s new apprentice walked in from the kitchen with a pale pink box in her hands. Her eyes widened when she saw the little girl watching the arrival of the cupcakes with laser-like intensity.

“Cee-Cee…..my little chica!”

Sunny placed the box on the counter and leaned over to smile at the little girl. In the few months since she had moved to DC, she had become as attached to Cee-Cee as Darla.

“Hey, Sunny! Did you make some special cupcakes for me?”

“Well, I don’t know…let’s check…” Sunny made a show of peeking into the box and then jumping back, giving a squeak as she closed the box.

“Oh, Cee-Cee, I don’t think you want these….”

“Why not?” She had hit the perfect note with Cee-Cee, piquing her curiosity.

“Because….” Sunny leaned forward with wide eyes and whispered loudly. “There’s spiders on these cupcakes, chica!”

“Spiders! Yay! Mama…there’s spider cupcakes. Darla an’ Sunny made me spider-cakes!”

The three women couldn’t help but smile at the delight on the face of the only bug obsessed, star covered, cowboy boot wearing ballerina in the world.

Cee-Cee sat at the table, one leg curled beneath her, the other swinging back and forth as she enjoyed her very own spider-cake….black licorice legs, shaved coconut turned black with the magic of food coloring, and red M&M eyes…while her mother and Darla talked about grown-up stuff. She tried to pay attention…she really liked to hear what the grown-ups had to say….but the cake had completely captured her attention.

Until she remembered that she had forgotten something very important. She waited for a pause in the adult conversation, and then looked at Darla.

“Thank you for makin’ me a spider-cake, Darla.”

“Aw, you’re welcome, sweetie. Anything for my pal…”

“You’re a good pal too, Darla…’

Cee-Cee’s eyes widened as an idea came to her.

“Mama….can Darla and Sunny come to my ‘cital?”

Enthusiastic over the idea of having her pals at her dance recital, Cee-Cee continued on without waiting for a response from either woman.

“Please, Darla. You gotta come see me dance! I been listenin’ real good to the teacher and I get to be the fairy princess in the dance….wanna see…?”

“Celia Joy…”

Brennan barely had the words out of her mouth before Cee-Cee slid from her chair and began to twirl and wave her arms around. Her mother stood to rein her in, but Darla signaled that it was okay…leaning over to whisper as she watched the fairy princess weave her way around the patron-filled tables…

“Don’t worry…that’s part of what this place is about….look how happy everyone is watching…”

Darla’s words trailed off, because at that moment, Cee-Cee bumped the arm of a woman that had been sitting alone at one of the tables, musing over her notebook as she nibbled on a strawberry cupcake.

The woman looked up, a smear of pink frosting on the tip of her nose. Brennan hurried over to make her apologies…and stopped short when she heard her daughter speak.

“I’m sorry I got you messy….” Cee-Cee looked up at the woman, the sincerity of her apology in her eyes..

“Oh, that’s okay...see?” The woman used a napkin to wipe the frosting from her face with a flourish.

“Whew. That’s good.”

Brennan stepped forward.

“Please let us replace your cupcake…it’s the least we can do…”

“Don’t worry about it, really. It isn’t every day that I can say I got to meet a real princess….”

Cee-Cee smiled back at the woman.

“I’m not a real fairy princess though…just for my ‘cital…”

“Oh, well you are a good fairy princess then, just like the real thing…”

“The real thing?”

Cee-Cee’ eyes grew big at the thought of a real live fairy princess as the woman responded.

“Yes. I’ve seen a blue fairy before…her name is Emma. I write stories about her…”

Excited, Cee-Cee turned to look up at her mother.

“Mama, that’s the lady that made the Emma books!”

Brennan looked at the woman as she placed a calming hand on her daughter’s shoulder.

“You’re Billie Williams? Cee-Cee loves those stories…her father says he can quote them in his sleep….”

“Mmmm-hmmmm….I looove Emma….can you tell me an Emma story, pleeeasse?

“Cee-Cee! I’m sure that she doesn’t have time…”

“No…it’s no problem, I promise.” Billie leaned down to eye-level with Cee-Cee. ‘If you’re Mom says it’s okay…how would you like to hear the brand-new Emma story?”

Cee-Cee looked up at her mother, pleading in her eyes, and Brennan felt her resolve crumble.

“Well, maybe if it’s a short one….”

With a genuine smile, Darla turned away from the scene…the little girl with the auburn pigtails listening in fascination to the tale of a blue fairy named Emma while her mother looked on. As she reached into the case for a new cupcake for Billie, she realized that her dream really had come true.

“Something has you happy today…”

Darla looked back at Sunny and smiled.

“Just cupcakes and conversations, sweetie.”

You may recognize a few familiar thinly veiled faces in this chappie…and the ‘book club’…you know who you are! Thanks for everything, chicas! -ana
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:44 am

Another Cee-Cee idea popped into my head at work today….not entirely happy with it…too much convo and too little descrïption, but at this point the musie isn’t talking anymore more…(i think the heat around here is getting to her)…but still hope you enjoy this little snippet. –ana

Brennan placed a glass of cold milk next to the plate of food that he was practically inhaling, and sat in the chair next to his. Booth reached for the glass, taking a long swallow before speaking.

“Mm…thanks. This really hits the spot.”

“I think I probably overdid it with the microwave.”

“No, no…it’s fine. I promise. And sorry that I was so late tonight.”

“Tough day?”

He leaned back in his chair, running a hand through his hair. She couldn’t help but notice how tired he looked.

“Well, let’s just say that since taking over for Cullen, I have a whole new appreciation for the man…god, the things we put him through…”

“We?”

“Yeah. I do seem to remember you being around an awful lot when that little vein in his forehead would start to…”

“Couldn’t have been me. Cullen and I were like this….” She held up her hand, with two fingers crossed.

“Are we talking about the same…”

She sighed heavily.

“It was a joke, Booth. Now eat your peas.”

He looked down at the small mound of peas that he had been hoping she wouldn’t notice.

“Do I have to?”

She crossed her arms across her chest, giving him her best mommy look.

“Yes. You do. How else am I supposed to convince our daughter to…”

“Alright, alright.”

He reluctantly scooped up a spoonful of peas, and then paused.

“So…I’m guessing that Cee-Cee gave you some grief tonight?”

“We worked it out. Eventually. But do me a favor…no more food-based nicknames for awhile, okay?”

“What? Okay…you are going to have to explain that one.”

She hesitated before launching into an explanation involving camnibals and Chunky Monkey, expecting him to be apoplectic at the latest squint-like episode. She was surprised by how calm he was; he seemed more concerned with getting past the taste of reheated green peas.

“I have to say…you seem to be taking this rather well.”

“Well, she is her mother’s daughter.”

“Yes, that is generally the way it works.”

“You know what I mean.”

“No…no I’m not sure that I do.”

“Let’s just say that I’m coming to terms with her wanting to be a squint. If it makes her happy then…”

“B…she’s a little girl…next week it could be a ballerina…or a doctor…or a….”

“I know. It’s just that…I guess that I remember how Parker always wanted to hear about catching the bad guys. All this stuff with bugs…I don’t know how….I don’t know bugs, Temperance.”

She stood up , hands on her hips and looked at him.

“Come with me. There’s something you need to see.”

“What? I don’t have to finish my peas now?”

She narrowed her eyes, pulling out yet another mommy look from her repertoire.

He immediately stood up and followed her out of the room.

They quietly made their way into Cee-Cee’s room, finding their way through the maze of toys and books using the glow from the butterfly nightlight near her dresser. Neither said a word as they stood over the bed, watching their daughter sleep.

Then Brennan turned to him and whispered.

“Definitely her father’s daughter.”

She placed a hand on his shoulder and then quietly exited the room.

His eyes followed her and then turned back to Cee-Cee, taking in the green plastic water gun that she clutched in one hand. The blue, purple and pink stripes of the socks that covered her tiny feet. He bent over, gently pulling up the blanket that she had managed to kick off. As he carefully tucked her back in, he noticed a mark on the inside of her wrist. At first, he wasn’t sure what to make of it, but couldn’t keep the smile from his face when he finally figured it out. She had used a green marker in attempt to duplicate the tattoo on the inside of his own wrist.

Brushing back the curls from her forehead, he leaned forward to place a goodnight kiss on her forehead. Then, after taking a last look, and secure in the knowledge that she was still Daddy’s little girl, he started to walk from the room.

“Daddy?”

He turned back and found Cee-Cee sitting up in the bed, rubbing the back of one hand over sleepy eyes.

“Yeah, baby?”

“Didja catch a bad guy today?”

“Yeah, honey. We got him. Now go back to sleep.”

“ ‘kay.”

Booth started to close the door, when he heard a whisper behind him.

“Daddy?”

“Yeah, Cee-Cee?”

“Love you.”

“Me too, baby. Me too.”
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:55 am

Ok... I am just going to say how thrilled I am to see our little Cee Cee here... LOVE these stories... I ABSOLUTELY POSITEVELY LOVE THEM!!!.. can't wait until you post the rest of them!!!!

Turi ray of sunshine
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:57 am

ceeeeeeee ceeeeeeeeee rocks her dads booth socks.....love love love cee cee and parker.......ana i cant stop telling you...you so rock

a2b

A2BOREANAZ
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 am

Here we go, the next chapter of Cee-Cee! Our girl is having a tough day, but don't worry...somehow, I think there is someone that is going to make it all better! Hope you enjoy!- AnaG

Cee-Cee grabbed one of the chains in each hand and sat on the black rubber swing with a sigh big enough to ruffle the curls hanging over her downturned face. Her teacher, Miss Jessy, had been trying all morning to make her laugh or play with the other kids, but she just didn’t feel like it. Cee-Cee felt like she was going to be sad for a really long time.

Mama had gone away to talk about her book to a buncha people. It was so the people would want to buy a lot of her books. Cee-Cee knew that that was a very good thing, but she thought it was a better to have Mama at home.

Plus, Parker was still at the big kid camp. She wanted to go to camp too, cause Parker said he was gonna get to stay in the woods and Cee-Cee just knew that there was a whole lot of bugs to see in the woods. But mostly, she was sad cause when she said “Marco” he wasn’t there to say “Polo” back. That made her tummy feel funny and she didn’t like that at all.

She trailed the toe of her pink cowboy boot in the loose sand beneath the swing, letting out another heavy breath as she watched an ant crawl into the marks she had made in the dirt. She was too sad for the bug make her smile.

But Cee-Cee wasn’t so unhappy that she didn’t hear the familiar sound of a big car pulling into the parking lot. She quickly lifted her head, brown eyes scanning the nearby parking lot. When she saw the black SUV, she wanted to smile because it looked just like her Daddy’s car. But it couldn’t be him. Miss Jessy hadn’t given them apple slices for afternoon snack and it wasn’t time to go home until after snack time.

She looked by at the ant in the dirt near her boot. Maybe she could make a wish on the ant like you made a wish on a star. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and made a wish that her daddy quit work and come pick her up real soon.

“Hey there, sweetpea…”

Gasping in surprise, she opened her eyes and looked at the man kneeling in front of her.

“Daddy? Is that really you?”

Cee-Cee couldn’t wait for him to answer. She flew from the swing and wrapped her arms around his neck. As soon as she heard the sound of his laugh, she knew it was her daddy.

It took a long time for them to leave school. Her daddy talked to Miss Jessy to make sure she had been a good girl. They looked at the picture she had made during art time and then she got to pick out a book to take home. But fin-al-ly, they got to go.

Her daddy carried her to the car. She knew she was getting to be too big for him to do that. But her daddy was strong, and she had really, really missed him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him the biggest hug she could.

“Daddy, I knew you would come and get me. I just knew it!”

“Well, you know I love my sweetpea…”

“Un-huh. Cause I love you too…and cause I wished on an ant. Like wishin’ on a star but better cause it came true real fast!”

Smiling, Booth paused to balance Cee-Cee’s weight on his hip as he searched for his keys.

“An ant, hm?”

“Yep. A big black one! I saw him and closed my eyes and wished extra, extra hard that…”

Cee-Cee was so excited that she kept talking and talking even when her daddy fastened her into the car seat in the back. Most of the time she didn’t like that, she wanted to sit in the grownup seats in the front so she could see everything better. But this time is was okay.

“…and then there you were, Daddy!”

“That was an awesome wish then, baby.”

“Un-huh….Daddy?”

“Yeah, sweetpea?”

“You think maybe if I wish on a red ant instead of black one that Mama and Parker will come home soon too?”

Cee-Cee watched his face very carefully. This was really important and she knew her Daddy would know how to find out the answers.

“You miss them a lot don’t you, baby?”

Cee-Cee could only move her head up and down, afraid she would cry if she tried to talk. She didn’t want her daddy to think she wasn’t being a big girl.

“Well, I know for a fact that your Mom misses you too. A whole lot. We can call her on the phone when we get home. And, she is going to be back in two days…’

“This many, Daddy?”

She held up three fingers, thinking that it was going to be a long time. But then he gently curled one of her fingers down.

“Nope. Only this many, and….”

Cee-Cee started to feel better. Maybe it would be quicker than she thought.

“…Parker will be back the next day.”

“Really, Daddy?”

“Promise.”

She felt better now. Her daddy never made a promise unless it was true.

“Okay.”

“But tonight…it’s just the two of us. The prettiest sweetpea and….”

“And her prettiest Daddy!”

“And her Daddy thinks they we need some supplies…”

“S’pplies? You mean we get to go shoppin’?”

“Mm-hm. Just you and me, kiddo.”

“Yay!”

Cee-Cee’s was so excited she wanted to jump out of her seat. She loved going shopping, especially with Daddy. But there was just one important thing that she had to make sure of first. She looked at him with her most serious look.

“But no vege-tables. Right, Daddy?”

Relieved to see that his baby girl was back to her usual self, Booth decided that just this once he would risk deviating from the strict instructions that Temperance had left behind.

“No way. Not a green bean, no spinach, no….”

“And no peas!”

“And no peas.”

“Oh, Daddy. I love you.”

“Love you too, baby.”

With a quick kiss to the top of her head, Booth smiled and closed the door. As he stepped to the driver’s door, he found himself smiling, the chore of shopping for groceries suddenly something that he was really looking forward to.

So, there will be more soon…can’t wait to see what Cee-Cee is going to discover at the supermarket….!
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:05 am

OMG, how sweet!!!!!!!! Oh, ana, that was wonderful, I just LOVE cee cee with her daddy! Cuz u know, her daddy can make anything better!!!

Loved it!

flyersfan35
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:07 am

thanks, flyers...i love writing the two of them together...yep, our cee-cee's a lucky girl...

AnaG
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:10 am

AAAAAWWWWW!!! Ana i love Cee Cee and i cant wait for the shopping trip either! I just absolutely love this story!!! very very good and my favorite part was: But it couldn’t be him. Miss Jessy hadn’t given them apple slices for afternoon snack and it wasn’t time to go home until after snack time.
whenever i picked the kids up early at that age, they would say the same thing. but we havent done this or we havent dont that!!!

loved it ana!!!

he is a wee little puppet man
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:15 am

Pure sweetness! Wishing on an ant--so cute! Booth is so great with kids, I could see this really happening. Do you have kids? If not, I'm especially impressed, 'cuz you have them and their thought processes down pat. Really a wonderful job! Can't wait for the grocery store scene and more Booth and Cee-Cee.

redrider6612
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:16 am

Awwwww, Ana. I just love cee cee. That has to be the sweetest thing ever. Just love the daddy, daughter bonding. Her thinking it can't be daddy cause it hasn't been snack time yet and then he just shows up it's just perfect. *sigh* Love it chica and can't wait for the next one.

Sany
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:17 am

aw, you guys are too good to me...thanks so much...really...

and nope, no kiddos for me...somehow i can just hear cee-cee chattering away though...

AnaG
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Plus, Parker was still at the big kid camp. She wanted to go to camp too, cause Parker said he was gonna get to stay in the woods and Cee-Cee just knew that there was a whole lot of bugs to see in the woods. But mostly, she was sad cause when she said “Marco” he wasn’t there to say “Polo” back. That made her tummy feel funny and she didn’t like that at all.

right there i started to cry.....and tears were in my eyes until the very end.....omg ana......how do you do it. i so cant wait for the supermarket.....i have no words left...except more and more and more..never ever quit

a2b
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

oh, a2...dinna mean to make you cry...

but promise, as long as cee-cee keeps talking, i'll keep writing!

and hope to have the trip to the store tomorrow!

great big fluffy bunny hugs to ya sweetpea!

AnaG
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:18 am

You posted Cee Cee! Hooray! I loved that whole chapter! I love her and Booth together, its just the sweetest!

willgirl
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:19 am

aw, i just love her!! and boy if she doesn't have that handsome daddy of hers wrapped around her little finger!

kinseyjo
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:20 am

Oh, Ana I just looove your stories not only because you write amazingly well but because most if not all of your stories are pure fluff!!! or as Sany would say luli-proof. She knows how I don't like angst that much. I actually tried to start a no-angst allowed club but sadly it didn't take off
I loved the part where not having Parker say Polo made her tummy feel bad and the part where seeing her daddy made everything better. And I have to agree with everyone else, I can't wait for the next chapter.

luli27
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:20 am

awww

more more!

Camp isn't for different ages? Just curious
Though I guess younger ones usually do day camp...

DBAngelfan
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:25 am

l love this story. so sweet. cee cee is a cutie

pretty_green_eyes
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:26 am

How adorable...I can't wait to read the shopping trip...please post more soon!!!

CaRiNeSs
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next