Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodbyes and New Beginnings

5 posters

Go down

Goodbyes and New Beginnings Empty Goodbyes and New Beginnings

Post by willgirl Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:32 am

So I was inspired to write a little goodbye fanfic. I haven't written fanfic in a while so I thought this was a good wrap up! Smile I will be cross posting on fanfiction.net as well. I hope you enjoy! And thanks to everyone. This board and everyone in it has meant more to me then you will ever know.

“So... that’s it?” Angela said, plaintively.

Brennan nodded.

“I’m sorry Ange.”

“I mean, I knew after Booth...” Angela trailed off as she looked around the lab. It had been their home for so many years. There were so many memories wrapped up in here that it was hard to distinguish oneself from them.

Brennan followed her gaze and sighed. She hadn’t wanted it to come to this. Not this way. Over the years, she had turned down job after job, content to stay at the Jeffersonian. All that had changed 8 months ago.

Actually it was 8 months and 6 days. She couldn’t stop counting.

Booth had died.

Just like that. He was laughing and then he was gone. She would never forget the look on his face as the bullet entered him. She was there, beside him. And in a flash, the meaning of her whole world went away.

As the shooter was apprehended, her hands pressed against his chest in a desperate attempt to quell the blood that was seeping around her fingers. He looked at her, that gaze that could always see through her and he smiled.

“Bones....” he had whispered.

She had shook her head but he forced her to look at him.

“Love you...” his voice was barely a whisper. “Tell Parker...”

And then she was alone.

And now, these 8 months later she could no longer pretend that everything was fine with her. Not that she had anybody fooled. But now, now she couldn’t stand the pretending anymore.

She was leaving. Yes, it seemed like running away but it wasn’t. Booth told her once that it didn’t matter whether she believed in Heaven or not. If anything ever happened to him, he would be there with her for the rest of her life.

Not at all logical.

She could feel it in her gut. She smiled as she thought about the numerous times she teased Booth about listening to his gut. But she was following it now. And that’s why she had to leave.

“Angela, I’m so sorry.” She said, trying to figure out the best way to explain. “I just need to go. It’s time.”

“But, we are here for you. You know that right?”

Brennan nodded. “Of course. Booth told me once that there was more than one type of family. He was right. You are my family Ange.”

“What about Parker?”

“We talked and he’s going to start his next semester in a couple of weeks. I think school will give him a good distraction.”

“Come back at Christmas?” Angela blurted out.

Brennan smiled. “Of course. I suppose you will have broken in the new forensic anthropologist by then.”

“Don’t say that.” Angela said tearfully, reaching over for a hug.

Tears came to Brennan’s eyes and she hugged Angela back.

“Thanks for understanding Ange.”

Angela nodded and got up, wiping tears from her eyes and she made her way to her office.

Brennan looked around. From her vantage point, she could practically see the whole lab. Memories played in front of her like a movie. The pig in the woodchipper, Tony and Roxie, seeing her mom’s face on the Angelator, the day Booth kissed her in front of everyone, Parker’s highschool graduation party, it all flashed before her.

She smiled and with tears in her eyes, she turned and walked out of the lab for the last time.

Two Weeks Later.

She stood on top of the small mountain, her hair blowing in the wind. It was so quiet and peaceful. Ever since her arrival she had felt that sense of peace that she had been craving for a long time.

“Dr. Brennan?”

She turned around to see Mark, her team member and fellow anthropologist.

“Yes?”

“We are ready to begin the excavation of the bodies.”

She nodded. “I will be there in a moment.”

She turned and looked out at the beautiful sky once more.

“Thanks Booth.” She whispered. And as she turned and headed down the rocky path, she remembered what he told her when Sully had left.

“Give it time, Bones, okay? Give it time. Everything happens eventually.
Everything?
All the good stuff. And when you think it never happens, it happens. Just got to be ready for it.”

willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Goodbyes and New Beginnings Empty Re: Goodbyes and New Beginnings

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:42 am

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII why did you have to kill him!??!?!? Laughing
I am going to start crying and I will fight the tears back today is a FUN DAY!
THANKS SO MUCH for writing one last fic! it was so bitter sweet at the end but wonderful nonetheless!!
*HUGS*
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by fanofbones Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:36 am

Come on Turi...it wouldn't be a Willi fic if Booth was alive Wink
I love it Will...Damn have I missed your writing...

xoxo
fab
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2287
Say What You Want : What if I have nothing to say? Huh?
Don't push me....
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:11 am

It's a good wrap, like the end of the movie version. The angle sweeping around Brennan on the mountain, chilled and hair blowing in the wind, and after she says Thank you the music swells and we get Booth talking to her as she heads out. And the credits roll as she heads over to the dig site.

Thanks will.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Willi!!

Well, what would a Willi fic be without Booth dying??? Oh I remember the mobbings and the insanity you used to inspire every time you killed him off, but this one was.....appropriate. Let's go out with one last "bang". I LOVED it....but then I love all of your stuff. Thank you for one last ABY Willi Fic....it means a lot.....I'm so gonna miss this place, I didn't think I would, but I am.....oi.....

Great job sweetie, it was lovely.....

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3452
Say What You Want : Family doesn't stop with blood.
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down