Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If (When) Booth and Brennan Get Together

+2
THX1138
Kasper
6 posters

Go down

If (When) Booth and Brennan Get Together Empty If (When) Booth and Brennan Get Together

Post by Kasper Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:50 am

*Warning, will mention spoilers from House Season 7 (or whatever the current season is*

Okay, so, my question for all of you. If at some point Booth and Bones get together, what the hell do you expect to happen? Hours of sweet, passionate sex? Those cute, vomit-inducing moments? Like really, if they get together it would change the entire dynamic of the show, probably for bad (or worse to some of you haters). Will it be as scripted and lame every episode if Booth and Bones work on a case, have some sort of little dispute and then have makeup sex or something at the end of the episode. Just like House this season, with House and cuddy. The show will lose it's dynamic character that made it watchable. And not to mention the new haters that would arise because they didn't like the way it happens, be it that the writers didn't get them together fast enough, they did it the wrong way, or that there relationship isn't what it's supposed to be.

So really, what the hell do people expect to happen should the two get together?
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

If (When) Booth and Brennan Get Together Empty Re: If (When) Booth and Brennan Get Together

Post by THX1138 Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:05 am

Honestly I expect them to be just as they are only with moments where Booth pulls Brennan aside (in her office say) and chats with her in a low voice before stealing a quick kiss. Maybe Brennan tries the same thing in Booth's office but he balks frequently, prudish Booth and all, but other than that I don't see them changing all that much - publicly.

Now privately, oh I'm thinking Booth will relish every moment he has with Brennan, trying for the romantic thing as much as possible, trying to move his stuff into her place, and vice versa, as quickly as he thinks she'll let him, having as many sleepovers, weekends over, and little getaways as he can get away with. Brennan, well she could go one of two ways - A) she matches Booth stride for stride, letting him lead the way in this new relationship but otherwise just as anxious to be with him as he is with her, or B) She gets skittish about all the attention, having sex at his place then leaving for her own place when they're done, saying yes to nooners but no to weekends away, using Parker, or her work, as an excuse to avoid spending more time with him even though she'll tell anyone who listens how happy she is with him.

WHY, you ask, would she do this? Because she'd be afraid of screwing things up and she'd figure that the more distance she kept between them the more control she'd have over things, not really realizing that she was screwing things up by attempting to control them. Now Booth, I think he'd figure it out and let her run with it for a while before he finally confronted her (or had Angela help him) and get her to confess why she was being so flaky. Then we'd see things settle into a nice, stable, relationship.

Basically that's how I see things working out once they're together.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

If (When) Booth and Brennan Get Together Empty Re: If (When) Booth and Brennan Get Together

Post by andreana22 Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:22 am

I think they'll keep the relationship hidden at first and go slow. They've mentioned that it was against the FBI rules to date your partner and Bones wouldn't want to risk their partnership. But I think eventually, everyone would figure it out and would actually be happy with it. I can even see there being a betting pool in the FBI, run by Caroline, and one at the Jeffersonian, run by Angela, for when they would finally get together.

Going slow would draw out the UST and we would get to see them trying to sneak around but being busted all the time without knowing it. I also think Bones would be hesitant because the emotions would be overwhelming and Booth would be afraid to push her too quickly.

andreana22
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:23 am

Agree with them likely going pretty slow and also keeping things "hidden" for a bit. Seems like these characters would do this till Booth couldn't stand it any more, ya know? I could actually see them dragging out a "what's ours is ours and keep it private" scenario for quite a while... all in the moments during the episode like they have their "moments"... and I think it could work pretty well.

I actually think the writers are pretty awesome, and I don't think they'd made it sappy or "cutesy". LOL I think pretty much like they are now (or have been pre-100th) just the flirtation would take on a different level or meaning... looks would mean different things... emotions could be explored in whole new ways in cases with them having a commitment... (think jealous or protective Booth AFTER he's "with" Brennan- Wowza! Smile ... can we say turn up the drama?!) The cases and human emotions of the participants of the case would still be focal, and those cases would of course lead to B&B (and the supporting cast as well) reacting to those things (as usual). Plus not every episode would be filled with lots of B&B private stuff... cause right now there are episodes heavy with that but others that don't contain much.

I do agree that some people will be unhappy with no matter how they write it. But I think the move forward makes more sense... not just cause "I" or "fans" just WANT B&B together and "that's it"... but in terms of fresh perspectives and emotions from ALL the characters because it changes they dynamics (and if it's well written, it changes them in a GOOD way.) I'm a fan of this show no matter what happens, and I'll be "in it" till the end! LOL But this show has great emotion and human elements in it and it seems natural to me to want to explore this other perspective when you have such talented actors and writers. (Rather than continuing to do the "same" perspective year after year... which definitely made sense for awhile, but season 6 [and all these characters have shared together] would seem to be a good time to start slowly turning direction... which I think they are. Just my opinion though! Wink
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:33 am

I would like for things to remain as normal as possible. They are both professional so I don't really see them sneaking off to Cleopatra's bed at lunch time, lol. However I could see the little B&B moments we normally get at the end of each show to happen in a more romantic setting, maybe them getting ready for bed. Or maybe we will get little glimpses of them in bed like we are currently getting from B&H - but maybe a bit more tender. Or maybe them getting ready for work. I certainly wouldn't want their relationship to completely take over everything in the show - still have to balance it out. I think it will be interesting to see how protective Booth will react to Brennan when she wants to go all kick you in the testicles during a case, when they are a couple, perhaps he will become even more protective of her and it would be interesting to see how they both deal with that.

I'm with gordongordonfan, I'm in it til the end - whatever happens, i'm looking forward to it.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:34 am

Kas, I see where you're coming from, and I really don't know what exactly will happen. I hope that the writers can come up with some really good storylines, but as a fanfic writer that has a very hard time writing a fic that focuses on B&B AFTER they get together...*shrugs*

I do have to say, though, I think they are doing a good job with House/Cuddy so far. But I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, and then I'm afraid I'll start being disappointed.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down