Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

4 posters

Go down

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month Empty October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:06 pm

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. All month I will be posting information, facts, etc about breast cancer. As a survivor I feel as though it is part of my calling to educate people.

I will start the month off with some dancing! Smile

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month Empty Re: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Post by bugaboo628 Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:31 am

Breast cancer prevention tips

Taking these steps can keep the disease away

•Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity raises breast cancer risk after menopause.

•Eat a healthful diet. Emphasize fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein such as fish and chicken. Eat less sugar, refined carbohydrates and red meat. Choose vegetable oils over animal fats.

•Keep physically active. A half hour of moderate exercise five days a week can lower breast cancer risks.

•Drink little or no alcohol. Women should consume no more than one drink per day.

•Avoid hormone replacement therapy. This menopausal treatment raises breast cancer risks. If you must take hormones to manage symptoms, avoid medications with progesterone and limit their use to less than three years. So-called bioidentical hormones are no safer.

•Consider taking an estrogen-blocking drug. Women over 60 or with a family history of breast cancer should talk to their doctor about drugs such as tamoxifen and raloxifene.

•Don’t smoke. Research suggests long-term smoking is associated with increased breast cancer risk in some women.

•Breast feed your babies for as long as possible. Women who breast feed their children for at least a year in total reduce their breast cancer risk.

Source: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Read more: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month Empty Re: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Post by DBCrazy Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 am

Thanks, bug, for making this thread. Here's some pages I picked out from Mercola.com

DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:11 am

I have no opinion on thermography but the information contained in that link that concerns mammography is factually inaccurate.

One example a mammogram does not expose one to 100x more radiation than a chest xray. Mammography actually uses less radiation than any other imaging procedure because it entitles the use of molybdenum filtration as opposed to tungsten. And there is no scientific evidence that trauma causes cancer.

Sorry but as an imaging professional I had to put my two cents in. :-)
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaLuvBnB Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:45 am

Great idea Bug! Thanks for doing this!

GottaLuvBnB

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:42 am

A great website for breast cancer all types of breast cancer information!

bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down