Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go Brennan!!

+11
tinkrella
mommahurley
SnoopGirl
AMarty
jro54
Zygomatic
elyon
bonesparticulat
katharine
Blue_Ink
anthropologystudent
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Go Brennan!! Empty Go Brennan!!

Post by anthropologystudent Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:40 am

I have seen some cracks already and I am excited Smile
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Go Brennan!! Empty Re: Go Brennan!!

Post by Blue_Ink Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:26 am

Definitely. My little anthropologist is growing up! Sad

Blue_Ink
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:31 am

She is and its amazing..It was like almost every time she said something it was profound because she admitted that she had felt love she actually said sorry to Clark! Those 7 months away did some good for her and having Hannah around really seems to have done something to her as well she says she is ok with it but you can see that she is upset.
Emily did a great job showing all those emotions tonight!!!
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:03 pm

anthropologystudent wrote:She is and its amazing..It was like almost every time she said something it was profound because she admitted that she had felt love she actually said sorry to Clark! Those 7 months away did some good for her and having Hannah around really seems to have done something to her as well she says she is ok with it but you can see that she is upset.
Emily did a great job showing all those emotions tonight!!!

I thought that interaction between her and Clark was amazing. You just knew she
was so deeply hurt by the situation of Booth and Hanah and taking it all out on Clark. I remember the time she did that with Zach in TBitL. She was pissed at Booth for being so protective of her after she'd been shot at and took it out on Zach in the lab.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:26 pm

This episode 6x02 wasn't actually as bad as I had feared. They did a good job making Hannah sympathetic, genuine. Brennan was shown thinking aloud about Booth & Hannah and Booth & herself quite a lot. She continues her development of being social, expressing things. She clearly is jealous or rather melancholic almost but not retreating in her shell. She is jealous of what B & H have, the ease, the naturalness of their relationship. She is melancholic about her missed chance with Booth, superficially brushing the 100th episode and 7 months apart off but bringing it up too often hence contradicting her words. She is not mad at Booth because he does seem joyous, uncomplicatedly happy which Brennan recognizes is something he derserves. She wishes she could give him that but still leans towards not. She is also not really jealous of Hannah, is even able to appreciate her buoyant assertiveness and energy. Of course, we don't see how well Brennan does in private anymore... It's nice to see how bold Cam and even Dr. Clark are about calling things as they see them: B & B were clearly a couple before. Brennan takes it all in, listens, absorbs, poses poignant questions. All signs point at Hannah leaving the scene eventually because the White House posting she's now got will be too boring. She will flee the coop and go abroad again. The only question is under what circumstances with Booth. It has to make B & B plausible even if only in the long run. By the way, Hannah might pick up, investigate Cam's veteran brain damage cause, that would suit her perfectly, don't you think?

All in all, I'm not as pessimistic as before which doesn't mean I'm not still sore about all the inconsistencies and implausabilities of episodes 5x22 and 6x01. These however are not Hannah's or Booth's or Brennan's fault. Hanson and Nathan are responsible for the misguided plot lines. With time and episodes at least as decent as today's though, I may forgive them :-) One more thing: the song [Only admins are allowed to see this link] by Toby Lightman toward the end was beautiful. I didn't know the singer. The Washington-DC-by-night fly-over during which it played did seem oddly superfluous to me. Almost as if they needed some filler. Oh well...
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Ink Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:48 am

She might not have found humanity's missing link to monkeys in that jungle, but she found her link to humanity.

The problem with this is, she had to leave something behind when she did. She left she and Booth's trusting, five-year-old partnership back in DC. It was already fragile from the 100th, and 7 months of unuse did it no good. Booth found a substitute, Hannah, and built the same sort of bond around them

At the moment, Brennan and Hannah are in limbo. One relationship will disintegrate, one will flourish, but no matter what, one has to go. Neither relationship can live while the other survives (shameless HP reference, sorry). And it's up to Booth to choose.

Blue_Ink
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:43 am

You do remember that in the end that meant both had to die, at least, for Harry, temporarily?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Zygomatic Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:03 am

elyon wrote:You do remember that in the end that meant both had to die, at least, for Harry, temporarily?

which is what is happening right now...she is letting Booth have his chance with her, she is "sacrificing" herself and soon she will come back with the help of Angela or whoever smacks some sense into her. then hannah will run away like a good little girl, leaving bb free to be together Smile so the (not shameless, but amazing) HP reference does in fact work, imo
Zygomatic
Zygomatic
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:47 am

No offense but Brennan doesn't see herself as a sacrifice. She has yet to own up to even loving Booth. Harry knew precisely what he was doing, what he was sacrificing and for whom. Brennan hasn't clarified anything in her own mind and it sounds like nothing is going to shake out for her until the soon to be legendary episode 8.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:59 am

In case people haven't notice, but this thread is called "GO Brennan!!!"

Brennan did sacrifice something. Her personal happiness, so Booth can be happy. In the 100th, she doesn't reject Booth just because doesn't love him or that she doesn't want to be with him. She rejected him because she doesn't think she is worthy of Booth's love because she thinks she can't change. That she's not good enough for him...and she sacrificed her job and her reputation in the JFK episode to LIE (which is something she would never do) to protect what Booth believes in. Everything she has done for Booth comes out of love. She may not realize yet...but she has sacrificed for HIM.

...and for the record, Hannah DOESN'T sacrifice herself for Booth either. Moving DC isn't changing herself, it's just changing her location. She's a journalist, she's a risk taker...and she probably moves around a lot. She's the type of girl who goes after what she wants-which is Booth. She's not changing herself, she's just being who she is.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Zygomatic Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 am

jro54 wrote:In case people haven't notice, but this thread is called "GO Brennan!!!"

Brennan did sacrifice something. Her personal happiness, so Booth can be happy. In the 100th, she doesn't reject Booth just because doesn't love him or that she doesn't want to be with him. She rejected him because she doesn't think she is worthy of Booth's love because she thinks she can't change. That she's not good enough for him...and she sacrificed her job and her reputation in the JFK episode to LIE (which is something she would never do) to protect what Booth believes in. Everything she has done for Booth comes out of love. She may not realize yet...but she has sacrificed for HIM.

...and for the record, Hannah DOESN'T sacrifice herself for Booth either. Moving DC isn't changing herself, it's just changing her location. She's a journalist, she's a risk taker...and she probably moves around a lot. She's the type of girl who goes after what she wants-which is Booth. She's not changing herself, she's just being who she is.

I def. agree...Brennan did sacrafice a lot, and probablyl will more so once she has come to terms with her feelings. Hannah on the other hand is the opposite, and so you know that that can't last, simply because she's not the type of person who can live without that adventure. I thought the HP comparison was more humurous then anything.
Zygomatic
Zygomatic
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:20 am

Zygomatic wrote:
jro54 wrote:In case people haven't notice, but this thread is called "GO Brennan!!!"

I def. agree...Brennan did sacrafice a lot, and probablyl will more so once she has come to terms with her feelings. Hannah on the other hand is the opposite, and so you know that that can't last, simply because she's not the type of person who can live without that adventure. I thought the HP comparison was more humurous then anything.

I've read so many posts about how "Brennan should emulate Hannah...because she really loves Booth and she was willing to scrifice herself for him"...like Brennan doesn't love Booth...just because she never had sex with him under a fig tree after he saved her life? That's bull s**t. Hannah does NOT love Booth. People can think what they want, but having sex with a guy under a tree for doing his job...is NOT love. It's adreline, lust and taking risks...and moving to DC isn't changing herself, she's just being who she is. She doesn't change herself for nobody...and I wouldn't be surprise if Hannah just leaves because she wants adventure, than old boring DC.

I'm sorry. I've just been really snapping...after reading all those posts about, "how Hannah is willing to sacrifice herself for Booth, but Brennan isn't." Mad

PS I like your sig. Very Happy
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:52 am

I can not wait till next week to see more of Brennan growing I was really happy to see the small steps that have happened since the season began.
And it's my opinion that Hannah really hasn't sacrificed much the only thing you could say that she did "sacrifice" was her job in Afghanistan. But at the same time she is doing this basically for a international booty call. I believe that Hannah has feelings for Booth an I also agree Booth has feelings for Hannah but its not as deep and as true as his feelings for Brennan. The fact that Brennan was able to really in her own way show her feelings for Booth this past episode speaks volumes of the strides she is making in her own personal journey.
We learned so much this past episode about Brennan about Booth and about Love. I can't express enough how excited I am for Brennan because while right now it seems sad and she is sad things are going to get better and we all know that.
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zygomatic Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:20 am

jro54 wrote:
Zygomatic wrote:

I've read so many posts about how "Brennan should emulate Hannah...because she really loves Booth and she was willing to scrifice herself for him"...like Brennan doesn't love Booth...just because she never had sex with him under a fig tree after he saved her life? That's bull s**t. Hannah does NOT love Booth. People can think what they want, but having sex with a guy under a tree for doing his job...is NOT love. It's adreline, lust and taking risks...and moving to DC isn't changing herself, she's just being who she is. She doesn't change herself for nobody...and I wouldn't be surprise if Hannah just leaves because she wants adventure, than old boring DC.

I'm sorry. I've just been really snapping...after reading all those posts about, "how Hannah is willing to sacrifice herself for Booth, but Brennan isn't." Mad

Thanks Smile

Also- no need for apologizing- i figure everyones' permitted a little leaway when it comes to blondie lol. I'm lucky- my bff watches bones too so i get my rant on before i come here Very Happy also 100% agree about Hannah not sacrificing anything; so she moved, big freaking deal. I'd like to make a little comparison. I think that in some ways Hannah and Angela are a little similar. Now don't get me wrong- Angela is 1 000 000 times better then Hannah, but lets face it, Angela DID get married while drunk to a strnager by jumping over a broomstick. She's adventurous and likes to go with things. not necessarily a bad thing, but still you can see the similarities.

I'm kinda hoping that Booth is Hannah's broomstick. She'll soon find something shiny and run off Razz
Zygomatic
Zygomatic
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:42 am

I can see Hannah like Angela. Hannah is totally a "rebound girl." I don't even think Booth loves her. He may have feelings for her...but it's definitely not a "once in a life time" type of love...and what they have doesn't compare to the emotional connection that B&B have.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Ink Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:15 am

Thank God I'm not the only one who sees the Angela and Hannah similarities. She especially reminds me of S2 Angela... It's all about sex.

Blue_Ink
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:44 pm

jro54 wrote:
Zygomatic wrote:

I agree with you on this. Matter of fact, I posted the following on another site....

---------------

I just watched the recent EP online. I don't know, I guess I just don't understand HH's approach here.

Perhaps I am alone on this, but I don't find either Booth or Hannah coming off at all well. Others apparently see her as likable and endearing. I don't. Instead, I see a conniving woman who will use anything to get what she wants. She is personable, but it seems amazing that so much of her presence is driven by physical attraction and lust in almost every situation, instead of love. Currently, Booth is what she wants. I have no doubt that if someone else walks by she wants more, she will be out the door of that apartment immediately.

The fact that she showed him her gratitude behind the date tree in the situation only amplifies the feelings above. The fact that Booth would accept that kind of gratitude in such a situation makes him a cad and not much better than some people he has arrested. I can just imagine what would have happened if FBI Booth had accepted favors like that from someone in a case. I don't get the feeling that Booth is in love, simply in lust and exploiting as much as he can.

All in all I think that HH has cheapened Booth, B&B and the show overall. What a shame.

Smile

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Deep Breath. I am actually liking Brennan so far this season. Shocked I thought she was annoying as heck most of last season. I blame the writers because of what she had to say.
Two episodes this season and she ROCKS!
Go Brennan!!

And may I add:
Go Writers!

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:15 am

[quote="AMarty"][quote="jro54"][quote="Zygomatic"]

---------------

I just watched the recent EP online. I don't know, I guess I just don't understand HH's approach here.

Perhaps I am alone on this, but I don't find either Booth or Hannah coming off at all well. Others apparently see her as likable and endearing. I don't. Instead, I see a conniving woman who will use anything to get what she wants. She is personable, but it seems amazing that so much of her presence is driven by physical attraction and lust in almost every situation, instead of love. Currently, Booth is what she wants. I have no doubt that if someone else walks by she wants more, she will be out the door of that apartment immediately.

The fact that she showed him her gratitude behind the date tree in the situation only amplifies the feelings above. The fact that Booth would accept that kind of gratitude in such a situation makes him a cad and not much better than some people he has arrested. I can just imagine what would have happened if FBI Booth had accepted favors like that from someone in a case. I don't get the feeling that Booth is in love, simply in lust and exploiting as much as he can.

All in all I think that HH has cheapened Booth, B&B and the show overall. What a shame.

Smile

About Booth accepting sexual favors for doing his job: it mostly makes him somebody who was still so shattered by the rejection by the love of his life that a Playmate—oops that's David B's personal life—, rather a trophy girlfriend, coming on to him overwhelmed his hurt dick, sorry, pride. lol!
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:44 am

Maybe it's because I'm far from homeI and my mind is on Pineapple daiquiris, and Maui sunsets...b ut that ip left me a little sad....not really upset, I didn';t hate Hannah, but I certainly didn't feel any chemestry with her and Booth. I felt like it made Booth look like a kind of desperate, middle aged man clinging to his last fling with a young hot girl. The sex scene, ugh. he was nakid...I mean actually acting nakid...that made me sick cause that should have been left for us as our reward for waiting to see him and Brenna like that! I just felt sad, that it was given away on her.

I like Brennan though! She's saying what she thinks. she's looking out for Booth, but she's calling him on his crap too. Like when she said, well you might think it's love and then just move on quickly to someone else. ...somthing like that...that was a direct dig at hiim moving on past her so quickly only proving her theory that love isn't eternal. A lot of good parts that i did like but my overall feelign without getting all up in arms was that I felt a little depressed afterward.

I'm in Maui, and i'm about to put on my suit and lay by the poool where hotnwaiters bering drinks and food, and the ocean is at my fingertips, and i feel depressed today. UGH> I'll wait for next week th9ough...perhaps that will bring me up againn/

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:08 am

I wish I was in Maui. Hope you have a good time...and drinks lots of pineapple daiquiris, mommahurely. hug

I'm worried that they won't give us the same amount of sex scenes with B&B, that we've seen with Booth/Hannah...because we are going have sex scene in next week's episode. puke On a positive note, Booth/Hannah seem way more like just fling, than a serious relationship...which I'm okay with. I'm okay with Booth having a "play toy" while Brennan realizes her feelings...even though I really don't want to see Booth/Hannah puke (...but at least we know that there will be a sex scene in the next episode) Maybe if Booth really loves Hannah, like he has the same deep emotional connection with her has he does with Brennan, I would be worried...because the stronger and more serious Booth/Hannah's relationship is, the harder it will be to salvage what's left of B&B's relationship...but a casual fling? That's no threat.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:57 am

I liked Brennan the best in seasons 1-3. I don't understand what happened to her in season 4 and 5. Not to say I didn't like her. But, it's like....she had a complete transformation. I notice everytime I go back and re-watch the early episodes.

It's like....they started writing Brennan as extremely clueless, where as before she was kinda clueless on phrases and pop culture...but could follow a conversation. She was almost robotic in seasons 4 and 5 in her mannerisms. I don't understand if it was something the writers did intentionally.....or if it's how Emily started interpreting Brennan. I don't want to talk to bad about it in case it was Emily (Emily can do no wrong in my eyes Wink j/k.

But, seriously, it was weird. It seems this season that Brennan is going back to her season 1 roots. She has emotions. She understands phrases. She's not extremely awkward.

I love that we are seeing her open up. It's already great, so I can only imagine how great it'll be later on in the season.

I just hope that she doesn't end up not telling booth how she feels. I can understand if she doesn't tell booth while he's with hannah because she wants him to be happy, but once hannah is gone, it would be nice if she could tell him.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:29 pm

I liked the second ep better than the premiere but I still find it uncomfortable to watch Booth fawning over Hannah and completely ignoring Brennan in favour of making goo goo eyes at Hannah etc. The fig tree story? Ugh, I hate what they've done with Booth's character. He's not very likeable so far this season, and he's one of my all time favourite TV characters. I sincerely hope HH and the writers can fix this mess. I am loving Brennan so far this season though Very Happy

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by geraghtyvl Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:29 pm

I still haven't been able to see the second episode because I am in Ireland. ToTal frustration...won't work on Fox or Hulu. Now I will get a double dose of sadness when I get home Sad. But thanks for all you info folks! I will be prepared.

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:19 pm

YA I think that's what made me sad is that Booth seems....insensitive and smug toward Brennan. And actually toward everyone. And Booth's heart is what has always drawn me to him. If he's not nice...and sensitive toward Brennan's feelings...he just comes off as an ass. His cockiness and impatience with others is funny when he switches to concerned, supportive and sensitive to someone in pain...he's just been kind of smug and cocky with Sweet's feelings....IDK. ... it's really too soon to worry about it, but I'm not crazy about the way either the writers, the directors or DB are handling Booth so far. He's just gotten a little too old to pull off too much of the sexy stuff with someone so incredibly young looking and acting as Hannah! it makes him look silly. And Booth is not silly. he's always had a v3ery appropriate understanding of right and wrong, and classy and tacky etc. It just doesn't really work for me, which in a way makes Hannah less objectionalble becuase I'm just not buying it. IT's coming off fake and tacky to me. Brennan may be close in age, but not in attitude, appearance, sensibilities etc. It works. Hannah does not! Plain and simple.

Here's a word to guys of a certain age, having a young, ahhh very young woman on your arm does not make you look younger...or more sexy...or more appealing....it just makes you look kind of silly, unhappy and a bit pathetic. kind of like a bad toupe'

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next