Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long will Hannah be around?

+8
Lorna Doone
bonesparticulat
elyon
DoctorB
katharine
treble21
adbyadby
bugaboo628
12 posters

Go down

How long will Hannah be around? Empty How long will Hannah be around?

Post by bugaboo628 Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:38 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Dear Jim: I love Bones and I’m going really crazy here because of some things that have been said about Katheryn Winnick‘s Hannah Burley. I didn’t jump to conclusions about her, I’m willing to give her a chance and I may even like her after all (she seems nice and I like Winnick’s previous jobs), but what I’m not willing is to have to watch her for (almost) a whole season. Anyway, do you have any idea if her departure has been delayed? I’d appreciate very much if you answered me back. —-Amanda (@amc815 on Twitter).

JIM: Amanda, you are not alone. Really! I have been hearing about everyone’s fear of what Hannah is going to bring to the table on Bones ever since the character was announced. Hopefully you saw when I asked the question about giving Hannah a chance to both Hart Hanson and Emily Deschanel at the Fox premiere party. In answer to your question, a Fox rep told me that, as of now, the number of episodes Winnick will apear in has not been confirmed so I think we’ll be seeing Hannah for more than just an episode or two. Deep breaths everyone…
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

How long will Hannah be around? Empty Re: How long will Hannah be around?

Post by adbyadby Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 am

A quick and easy answer for this that seeing just having her there is to long Twisted Evil

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:53 pm

same answer given by everyone. no surprise there.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm getting the feeling that she will be around for a while. Maybe not the entire time as Booth's love interest, but I think they have things in mind for her. Just my thoughts, without any form of confirmation.

Her character has been (by HH) described like Cam's early on where no one liked her (Cam) especially after they found out about her and Booth's past then their hookups. And then he goes on to say that it took people a while to like Cam. I'm reading in between lines, but I'm just getting the feeling she (hanah) is there to serve more than just the purpose of a SO. I don't think she's the sniper killer, but something more. Could be wrong though. We'll see.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:25 pm

I will be surprised if she is gone (at least as Booth's love interest) before 2/3s into the season.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:00 am

They're up to episode 7 which starts filming today -- the chocolate factory one -- with Tim Southam directing. He tweeted that he liked the way Brennan 'handled' Hannah, whatever that means. But what it does mean is that Hannah is in episode 7. So we know that she is in epis 2, 3 or 4 depending which order they screen, 5 and 7. It would be strange if epi8 which is probably the Brennan-centric one didn't have her as well. So that makes a minimum of 5 so far.

If they stick to something in the range of the originally announced 'roughly 5' but don't have her in sequential episodes I don't see her leaving before Christmas and she could lap over into January.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:18 am

I'm afraid she's gonna be on the show throughout teh season. The way they've been introducing her (official interview) and the hints that have been dropped, my gut says Hanson sees her as the main plot device to keep B & B separate for one more season. The finale? All bets are off for that one of course. Just one more thing: are we suposed to believe that this blonde bubbly woman with model looks really was a war correspondent in ultraconservative Afghanistan? She'd have been a target from the moment she stepped off the plane, getting killed or more likely taken hostage. That's not sexism but realism, sorry.
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:44 am

bonesparticulat wrote:Just one more thing: are we suposed to believe that this blonde bubbly woman with model looks really was a war correspondent in ultraconservative Afghanistan? She'd have been a target from the moment she stepped off the plane, getting killed or more likely taken hostage. That's not sexism but realism, sorry.

Google "Lara Logan" who is currently CBS News' Chief Foreign Correspondent. She won a journalism award on a story she did imbedded with the Marines in Afghanistan. She's a beautiful blonde, who had a few affairs along the way. I have to wonder if she isn't the template for Hannah.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:28 am

I guess I stand corrected.

Lorna Doone wrote:
bonesparticulat wrote:Just one more thing: are we suposed to believe that this blonde bubbly woman with model looks really was a war correspondent in ultraconservative Afghanistan? She'd have been a target from the moment she stepped off the plane, getting killed or more likely taken hostage. That's not sexism but realism, sorry.

Google "Lara Logan" who is currently CBS News' Chief Foreign Correspondent. She won a journalism award on a story she did imbedded with the Marines in Afghanistan. She's a beautiful blonde, who had a few affairs along the way. I have to wonder if she isn't the template for Hannah.

Lorna
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:34 am

Bingo baby. I think you found Hannah's shall we say 'sire'.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:02 am

bonesparticulat wrote:I'm afraid she's gonna be on the show throughout teh season. The way they've been introducing her (official interview) and the hints that have been dropped, my gut says Hanson sees her as the main plot device to keep B & B separate for one more season. The finale? All bets are off for that one of course. Just one more thing: are we suposed to believe that this blonde bubbly woman with model looks really was a war correspondent in ultraconservative Afghanistan? She'd have been a target from the moment she stepped off the plane, getting killed or more likely taken hostage. That's not sexism but realism, sorry.

Regardless of how long she's around ... what's helping me deal is realizing that this will be an arc. It'll start out with Booth and Hannah all happy and lovey (this week and the next prolly) and raise a bit, but then it'll slowly start to fall apart, and eventually end. Therefore, it shouldn't be torture watching her and Booth being all happy for the entire arc, but rather just for the beginning, then it'll be kinda fun to watch how it falls apart, and brings Booth and Bones closer. At least that's what I'm hoping.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:42 am

bailey wrote:
bonesparticulat wrote:I'm afraid she's gonna be on the show throughout teh season. The way they've been introducing her (official interview) and the hints that have been dropped, my gut says Hanson sees her as the main plot device to keep B & B separate for one more season. The finale? All bets are off for that one of course. Just one more thing: are we suposed to believe that this blonde bubbly woman with model looks really was a war correspondent in ultraconservative Afghanistan? She'd have been a target from the moment she stepped off the plane, getting killed or more likely taken hostage. That's not sexism but realism, sorry.

Regardless of how long she's around ... what's helping me deal is realizing that this will be an arc. It'll start out with Booth and Hannah all happy and lovey (this week and the next prolly) and raise a bit, but then it'll slowly start to fall apart, and eventually end. Therefore, it shouldn't be torture watching her and Booth being all happy for the entire arc, but rather just for the beginning, then it'll be kinda fun to watch how it falls apart, and brings Booth and Bones closer. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Schadenfreude, he?

toast drunken
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:49 am

bonesparticulat wrote:I guess I stand corrected.

Lorna Doone wrote:

Lorna

I have to note that one of her affairs was with a CNN correspondent and another was with a married State Department contractor. She married this one after his divorce and gave birth to his child in 2009.

I'm hoping Hannah's resemblance to this woman ends a lot sooner than that. Shocked

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:11 am

Lorna Doone wrote:

Lorna

She was on the news tonight. I noticed her before I read this blog
My husband and I both noticed something about the interview. It jumped out at us. I won't mention what, since it will disrupt this thread, but if you want to know, PM me.

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:02 pm

I really keep trying to get the little nagging idea of Hannah as the sniper victim out of my head... but that's where my mind keeps taking me. The longer the talk is of her being around the more I keep thinking it...

I feel like perhaps that's why HH and co want us to LIKE Hannah so much, so we feel the 'impact' of her death later on, etc. I hope I'm just being paranoid, but I can't shake that whole idea... No Please have her 'sail away' in next few epi's being filmed and I can shake that idea out of my head! LOL
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:09 pm

I really don't think Hannah is the sniper victim...because HH has said that it would be a "regular/beloved" character and that just doesn't ft with Hannah...because he basically says that he knows that fans aren't going to like her or even give her chance. It seems like it will be character that has been on this show for a while...And SN has said that Booth might be the one to "torpedo" his relationship with Hannah, unless he dumps Hannah, but then she gets shot. loco
Plus, I think Hannah is the one who has the minor operation in episode 5...because she got shot in Afghanistan and she had to have a fragment of a bullet removed from her leg...so would HH&Co. have her get shot twice? I'm sure we will get some angsty, "good boyfriend" moments of Booth, so why would they do it again? Honestly, I really think that Hannah is just a device to move B&B closer.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down