Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confrontations

+4
bailey
RubyRuby
southerngirl
dawn
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Confrontations Empty Confrontations

Post by dawn Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:49 am

Confrontations

"Thank you, that will be all." She turned her back to him, and bent back down to the table.

Booth looked at her. He looked around. Angela was there looking at him, her eyes wide, with shock. Booth tilted his head lifting his shoulders, silently asking her what was wrong. Angela widened her eyes at him, and gave him the tiniest shoulder shrug. She didn't know either.

Booth squared his shoulders, "Did you just dismiss me, Bones?"

Without looking up, or even raising her head, "Yes, I believe I did."

She continued her examination of the bones. Reaching out, she picked up one, and lifted it to eye level. Her sharp eyes taking in every crack, every line, every pit in the bones.

"Dr. Saroyan, I believe this victim has been treated for cancer, possibly bone cancer."

Cam across the table, looking very uncomfortable was looking at
Booth, "thank you Dr. Brennan, that will be helpful in identifying the victim."

"If its all the same to you, I think I'll stick around for the identification." he paused, "this is a FBI case." careful to keep his voice even.

"Suit yourself." she said without looking at him, "Dr. Saroyan, I will be in my office."

"Of course, Dr. Brennan." Cam stood, at the end of the table, looking back in forth between Brennan and Booth.

Brennan stepped over to the trash can, pulled her gloves off with a snap, and tossed them in. And without a word to anyone else, turned on her heel and left. She walked down the platform, took the turn to head up the stairs to her office. She walked in her office, and pulled the door closed behind her. Thru the blinds they watched her walk to the big window, that separated her office from the platform. With a jerk of her hand, she closed the blinds, effectively blocking them out.

On the platform, Angela and Cam looked at each other. "What
did you do Booth?" they both turned to him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dawn
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Confrontations Empty Re: Confrontations

Post by southerngirl Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:03 am

this is going to be good- they are all so ganging up on Booth

southerngirl
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:13 am

Excellent! Can't wait to find out what happened.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:17 am

"I have no idea." He looked at them. "I thought everything was going great." He glanced up at her shuttered office, "We'd met up for drinks after we closed that last case. Everything was fine. We were supposed to meet for lunch yesterday. When I got to the diner, I knew something was wrong. She wouldn't even look at me."

"What did she say?" Angela asked.

"Absolutely nothing, she made some excuse about being late, and practically ran out of there."

"And you let her?"

"what am I supposed to do Camille? Tackle her to the ground and sit on her?"

"Did you call her?" Angela asked him.

"I tried, they all went to voice mail. I left a message, which she didn't return." that still annoyed him. "tried again, left another message."

"I even went over to her apartment." he sighed, "she didn't answer the door."

"Maybe she wasn't home." Angela sounded hopeful.

"Her car was int he parking garage. I checked."

"So today was the first time you've talked since the diner?"

He nodded at her looking up at her closed office, "I have no idea what's going on in that brain of hers."

"I'll talk to her." Angela said.

"No, let me talk to her." Cam said, both Booth and Angela looked at her.

"Not sure that's a good idea." Angela commented.

"Dr. Brennan and I have established a friendship, granted its not what you two have with her, but I do consider her a friend." she looked at them both, "Dr. Brennan was very supportive of me adopting Michelle. I owe her. Let me do it."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:26 am

"Dr. Brennan?" Cam tapped on her door. She turned the knob, pushing it open.

Brennan seated at her desk, turned her head, "Dr. Saroyan?" She stood up.

"Please, sit." Cam walked into the room, taking the open chair in front of her desk.

"I was wondering if I could have a few minutes." Cam looked at her.

"I have a few minutes." Brennan looked across her desk. "Is something wrong?"

Cam shook her head, "Why do you ask?"

"You look," Brennan paused, "uncomfortable."

"I'm fine, Dr. Brennan." Cam looked up, "I was wondering, if we could go out for drinks tonight?"

Brennan straightened in her chair, "You and I?"

"Girls night out kinda thing."

"Can Ang come?"

"Sure, the more the merrier."

"Just the girls?"

Cam nodded, "Just us girls."

A myriad of expressions crossed Brennan's normally passive face. "okay."

Cam startled with her easy acceptance, she'd been expecting the opposite. "Good, lets meet up around seven?"

"That's acceptable." Bren nodded her head.

"I'll let Angela know." Cam stood up and made her way to the door.

"Cam." she looked back over at Brennan.

"Call me Tempe, or Brennan if you prefer."

She nodded her head, and stepped out, pulling the door closed behind her.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:24 pm

"That didn't take long." Angela looked at her. "She shot you down, didn't she?"

"Not exactly."

They were both looking at her, "Well, don't keep us in suspense."

"I went in there," she looked at them, "she had this great sadness about her." she took a seat, "so I suggested a girls night out."

"She said no, huh."

"Actually, she said yes."

"Really?"

"Yep." Cam smiled, "Angela your coming to."

"Tonight at seven." she looked over at Booth, "your not invited."

Booth crossed his hands over his chest, "wouldn't dream of it."

"Ply her with drink, good strategy Cam." Angela smirked at her. "But it could work."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:25 pm

"Here she comes right on time." Angela was seated at the bar, next to Cam.

Cam looked up, watching Brennan make her way over.

"Dr. Brennan, I mean Brennan." Cam corrected herself.

"Cam, Ang." She said, as she dropped her jacket over the back of the chair, taking a seat at the bar.

"What can I get you ladies?" A handsome bartender wandered over, "three such lovely ladies to serve tongiht." giving them a huge smile, strong white teeth and dimples galore.

"Hey there handsome, we'll have a round of tequila shots, first one's on me." smiling up at him.

"Coming right up." with a wink he was gone.

"So glad you could make it Bren." Angela looked over at her, "you seemed kinda on edge today."

"DId I?" Brennan asked. "I"m fine, and here come our shots."

"Ladies." he gave them all a big smile, "Here you go." he placed a bowl of lime wedges next to them, "and here is the salt."

"Bring us another round." Angela said with a smile.

"You got it." and he turned to go.

"On second thought, just leave us a bottle."

He raised his eyebrows, "sure thing, be right back." and he was gone.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:31 pm

"One, two, three." The three of them said simultaniously, "drink." and they did.

Throwing her used lime wedge in a bowl, Angela raised her hand to capture the attention of their server. "We definately need more limes." She glanced over at Cam, giving her a little nod. They'd been tossing shots back for over an hour, and they were all feeling good, time to test the waters.

The trio had moved to the corner booth, tucked out of sight, and less likely to be disturbed, away from the noisey people at the bar. Angela refilled their shot glasses. "Ready?" she lifted her waiting for the other two.

"To......." Angela looked at them, "us, the ladies of the Jeffersonian." they clinked their glasses, and drank.

Brennan held up her hand, "Before we continue," she paused thinking, " I have to use the ladies room." Brennan turned and slid her feet to the floor, "be right back." and walked to the ladies room.

As soon as she was out of sight, "You didn't tell me, Dr. Brennan could drink like a sailor Angela."

"She can hold her liquor." she picked up the bottle, sloshing it around, "half gone." She put he hand to her head, "Just like me." Angela looked at Cam.

"Me too." Cam looked around, "I have an idea." she turned and slid out of the booth, landing on her feet, slightly staggering.

Angela giggled, "you okay?"

"Fine." Cam straightened, "what was I doing?" she looked at Angela.

"You said you had an idea." Angela reminded her.

"Oh yea, I remember." Cam walked away towards the bar. A few minutes later, Cam returned, pushing a potted palm tree, sliding it up next to their table.

"What is that?" Angela asked as Cam sat two empty shot glasses on the table.

"Its a palm tree."

"I can see that." Angela looked at her, "I was wondering why?" her vision slightly blurry

"Well," Cam paused, "when Brennan comes back, we will refill our shots, and instead of drinking them, we'll dumb them in the tree."

"Even drunk Bren's smart, she'll notice."

"That's were these come into play." she clinked the empy shot glasses in front of her.

"Huh?"

"Watch."

Angela watched as Cam poured a shot into the glass, lifting it like she was going to toss it back, and with a slight of hand, swapped the empty for the full, and very subtley, dumped the full shot in the palm tree.

"Your good Cam."

"You think you can do it?" Cam looked at her.

"Let me try." A couple of tries later, and Angela had it down.

A minute later, "Sorry, Cam, Ang." Brennan stood at the end of their table, "there was a line in the bathroom."

"no problem, Sweetie." Angela gave her a grin. "I need to use the little girls room now." sliding out of the booth, letting Brennan slide in. Angela needed to be on the outside, and this was her excuse.

"That's weird." Brennan said as Angela walked off, "I don't remember that tree being there before." she squinted her eyes, trying to focus on Cam.

Cam smiled, "that is weird."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:29 pm

"One, two, three, drink." They all three tilted their glasses up, and downed the shot.

"Oops." Angela looked at Cam, she forgot she was dumping her shot.

"Oops?" Brennan looked at Angela, "something wrong?"

"No." Angela answered with a giggle. "nothing wrong."

Brennan tipped the bottle, filling their glasses again. "To.........." Brennan looked around the table,"us." and they drank.

"Bren," Angela was watching her, "you keep watching the door, are you expecting someone?"

Brennan shook her head, no, "No one, Ang."

"Cause I told Booth he wasn't invited."

"I'm not looking for Booth." even as her eyes drifted to the door watching.

"Sure, sweetie." Angela gave her a knowing smile. She hiccuped.

"Couldn't help but notice something was going on with you and Booth today." Angela prompted.

Brennan didn't say anything, but filled the glasses again.

"Ready?" she lifted her glass in the air. Cam and Angela picked theirs up, clinked and watched Brennan tip hers back while they tossed theirs.

"Don't you normally eat dinner with Booth?" Can inquired innocently.

"Sometimes." she looked at Cam, "not anymore."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:40 am

I'm really liking this story Bug. I've thought that drunk Brennan would be the best way to get her feelings out in the open. :-)
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:57 am

What in the world did Booth do? LOL!

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:22 am

Here we go!!
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.

Back to top Go down

Post by geraghtyvl Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:20 am

Can't wait for more!

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:24 pm

"Not anymore?" Cam looked at her.

"Yep." she said, as her eyes drifted over to the door again.

"I don't understand." Cam watched as Brennan's eyes followed a tall broad shouldered, dark headed man. His back to them.

"You always eat dinner with Booth." She watched Brennan's face, as the man turned and looked their way. She looked sad, when she didn't recognize his face.

"Dr. Brennan." Cam caught her attention.

"Cam?"

"What's going on?" she was tired of fishing.

"Nothings going on Cam." she looked up at her, "absolutely nothing."

Cam shook her head, clearing her mind, she'd definately had too many shots. "Angela don't you have to use the restroom?" Cam looked at her. Giving her a silent message.

"Um sure, I got to go real bad." she swung her legs, out, "be right back." she jumped to the floor, stumbleing a bit. She straightened up, and gave Cam a look, "back in a few." and she was gone, leaving Brennan with Cam.

"You know, Dr. Brennan, I consider you a friend." Cam looked at her. "I really valued your opinion when I adopted Michelle. You gave me some great advice." Cam sniffled a bit, "thank you."

Brennan gave her smile, "your welcome." and filled their shot glasses again.

"I was wondering if I could repay the favor?"

"Repay?" Brennan squinted her eyes at her.

"Yea, you know, be there as a friend, give advice, that sort of stuff." Cam watched as she tossed back another shot. Even drunk Brenna could pull off nonchalant very well.

"Dr. Brennan," Cam was tired of beating around the bush, "I thought maybe you could use some advice about Booth."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:26 pm

"Cam." Brennan looked her in the eye. "I don't need advice about Booth." She poured two more shots.

"Dr. Brennan," Cam began, "may I be frank."

Brennan looked her eye, as she pushed a shot towards her. Brennan lifted her glass, waiting for Cam to catch up. Cam picked up her glass, and threw it back.

"Dr. Brennan." Cam took a breath, "I think your wrong, and you need some advice."

Brennan sat back against the back of her seat, and gave Cam a weary sigh, "Cam, I really do not want to talk about Booth with you." her vision blurred for a second. She shook her head trying to focus on Cam's face. "You are Booth's friend."

Cam straightened in her seat, "I am Booth's friend, Dr. Brennan. But, I also consider you a friend as well."

Brennan looked at Cam, she sounded a little hurt. "I'm sorry if I offended you Cam." Brennan looked at her, "and I do consider you a friend."

"Good." Cam continued , "I just want you to know, anything you say to me, won't be repeated."

"You mean, you won't tell Booth." Brennan squinted her eyes at her.

"That is correct, Dr. Brennan."

Brennan was quiet.

"I'm a very good listener." Cam said. She saw Angela making her way back to the table.

"Hey Sweetie." Angela said, sliding in next to her. Her hand reaching out to the table, steadying herself.

"Ang." Brennan said, glancing at her friend.

"Well..." Cam prompted, giving her a nudge.

Brennan poured them all a round of shots. "It all started a day or so, ago when I got this text from Booth."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:00 pm

"Booth sent you a text?" Cam looked at her, trying to focus on her words.

Brennan nodded her head, "yes." She watched as Angela refilled their glasses.

"Hmmmmmmm." Cam said.

"I also thought it was weird." Brennan swayed against her seat.

"Am I missing something?" Angela asked leaning against Brennan.

"Booth never texts, ever. Specially to Dr. Brennan." Cam explained.

"okay, okay, I get it, go on Bren." Angela looked down her nose at her, causing her eyes to cross slightly.

"Are you okay Ang?"

"I'm fine, fine. Continue Bren." Angela waved her hand at her.

"Well," Brennan began, "it was a normal day and I was in the lab..............................

"Miss Wick, I need you to finish the reconstruction."

"Yes, Dr. Brennan."

"And Hodgins," she looked at him, "when will you have the test results?"

"After lunch, minimum."

"Good."

"If anybody needs me, I will be in my office."

"Sure, Dr. B."

"Sounds like a normal day to me." Angela said.

"It was." Brennan held up her glass and clinked with the other two.

"Down the hatch." Angela said, forgetting about the plan.

Cam just smiled at Angela as she dumped her drink.

"Please continue Dr. Brennan."

"Well, I was back at my desk going over lab results, and answering emails," she took a breath, "when it came."

"Can we meet me at noon instead of one."

Cam looked puzzeled, "that's all it said."

"Yes."

"So, I went to the diner at noon, instead of one. I walked in, went to our booth, and took a seat and waited for Booth."

"Your usual?"

Brennan smiled at the waitress, "Yes please."

"Where's your partner in crime?"

"I'm sorry Sally, but we don't commit crimes, we catch criminals. And if your referring to Booth, he'll be here in a few minutes."

"So you want to wait till he gets here." She smiled at Brennan.

"Yes, I'll wait for him. Just bring me my drink."

"coming right up." and she was gone.

"So your at the diner?"

"That all sounds normal."

"It was." Brennan yawned. "I was looking thru my schedule on my PDA."

"Dr. Brennan." a voice said.

Brennan looked up. It seemed all the air was sucked out of her lungs, and she couldn't breathe for a moment.

"You remember me?"

"Of course.......Tessa." even saying her name was difficult.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:33 am

Can't wait to see what Tessa has in mind!

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:00 am

Ohhhh Shocked
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:01 pm

"Oh my God, Tessa?" Angela said in disgust.

"Tessa? Who is Tessa?"

"Booth's former special friend." Angela wagged her brows suggestively, "Before you came to the Jeffersonian."

"Gotcha."

"So Bren, what did the blond bimbo want?"

"I see you received the text I sent."

"You sent? It came from Booth."

"It came from Booth's phone, but I sent it."

She pulled out the chair across from her and sat down.

"Booth didn't mention to you we were working together again?" She looked over at Brennan.

"He did not."

"Hmmmmmmmmmm, that's interesting." Tessa looked her.

"Then why are you here?"

"For Booth of course."

"What about Booth?"

"Let me get to the point here, Dr. Brennan, You don't strike me as the sort of woman who enjoys small talk."

"By all means."

"We both know, your not the type of woman for Booth."

"Booth and I are just partners."

"So you say, but you still have your hooks into him."

"If that is a metaphor for a sexual relationship, then you are mistaken."

"I very rarely make mistakes." she looked down her nose at Brennan. "Booth needs someone who won't embarrass him in front of his colleagues, someone who gets his jokes, basically someone, Dr. Brennan who isn't socially stunted or inept."

Brennan was silent.

"I'm sorry if that was harsh for you to hear, Dr. Brennan." Tessa gave her a pitying look, "but we both know I'm right." she paused, "Last time I was with Sealy, things didn't work out, but now circumstances are different. I want him. I can give him all the things he wants, things he's always wanted. Marriage, a home, even a family."

She bent her head and looked Brennan in the eye, "Did you know Booth has passed on no less than four promotions since he's been partnered with you."

"I did not know that."

"Your holding him back, Dr. Brennan, at work, and in life."

Tessa stood up, "Booth isn't exactly a young rookie agent anymore, you should let him get a life, let him be happy. I can give him that, where you won't."

She turned to go, "think about it Dr. Brennan." and she walked out.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by southerngirl Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 am

well as much as I hate Tessa, she made points - just because Brennan at this time is not allowing herself to let herself give those things to Booth//cant wait to see what happens when Booth finds out

southerngirl
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:39 am

She looked up to find Cam and Angela staring at her.

"She said that?" Angela asked, "she actually said that?"

"Dr. Brennan, I..."

Brennan interrupted, holding up her hand, "Please, I don't really want to talk about it anymore." she looked down at the bottle, "Let's have another drink?"

"Sure sweetie, I just have one little question."

Taking a tired breath, as she filled up their glasses, "Yes, Ang?"

"Today in the lab, with Booth," Angela focused her eyes on Bren, "you were pushing him away?"

Brennan didn't say anything for a minute.

"After Tessa left, I sat there." she paused looking up, "I remembered a time, when Booth and I were out together, and we were talking about marriage, and how I didn't believe in it." she looked up at them, "But Booth believes in marriage, he told me he would get married someday." a tear tracked down her cheek. She wiped it away, "and he's always wanted to have another child. He's a great father to Parker."

"Oh Sweetie." Angela sniffled, reaching out to her hand.

"I realized Tessa was right. Booth deserves all those things." she looked up at them, her eyes shiney, "I am holding him back."

"So you think pushing Booth away will......."

"I've got to use the ladies room." Brennan interrupted

"sure Sweetie." she slid out and let Brennan out.

She made it to the bathroom and into the stall before she let her tears fall.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:40 am

"Uhhhhhhh." Angela staggered in the front door of the Jeffersonian. Without saying anything, she walked past the guards and went straight to her office, never taking off her dark sunglasses. She opened the door, without flipping on the lights, went to her desk. Leaning back in her chair, she closed her eyes, wishing the tylenol would kick in sooner, rather than later.

"Knock knock."

She looked up, "don't you dare turn on the light."

Cam stepped into the room, "I see your still alive."

"Barely."

"I know the feeling." Cam rubbed her temple. "I haven't had a hang over this bad, since college."

"You seen Bren yet?"

"No, she hasn't made it in. Thought about calling and telling her to take the day off."

"She probably wouldn't listen anyway."

"So." Cam stepped in, and sat down at Angela's desk, "We need to do something about this Tessa situation." her voice low.

"We promised we wouldn't say anything to Booth." Angela argued.

"And we won't."

"What do you have in mind?" Angela leaned forward, ignoring the thumping in her head.

"First, we need a plan."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:19 am

Please tell us immediately what Angela's plan is; I cannot wait!

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:56 am

Ouch! Not cool Tessa. Never liked her anyway.

So, whats the plan? Laughing
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:58 pm

She'd snuck in the back door of the Jeffersonian. The last thing she wanted was any long conversations.

She made it to her office, and pulled all the blinds closed, without turning on the lights. She made her way over to her desk, laying her head down, hoping to ease the steady thump, pounding in her temples.

Leaning back in her chair, she closed her eyes, remembering the previous night. She remembered arriving at the Founding Father's, and meeting up with Cam and Ang. She also remembered the very large bottle of Tequila. Shot after shot. The rest of the details of the night were a bit hazy. Oh, no, Tessa, she'd told them about Tessa. She sat up a little too quickly, her stomach gave a odd roll. "I will not be sick, I will not be sick." trying to convince herself by saying it.

Her cell rang. The high pitch reverberating in her head. With a grimace she picked it up, "Brennan."

"Bones," it was Booth, "we have a case." he paused a second, "I'll be there in twenty to get you."

"Just send me the address, I'll meet you there." she said with a flat voice.

"It's no problem to pick you up."

"I would prefer to meet you there."

"I'll send you the address." he click off, disappointed.

Space between them was best. It would help them both in the end.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: