Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inkslingers - The Season 6 Showdown!

+15
G
CanadianBones
lancelot
himbeer29
bonesfan158
joybrennan
oldie
the beaver1965
tinkrella
dawnsfire
katharine
SnoopGirl
DBCrazy
ToZiKa
THX1138
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Inkslingers - The Season 6 Showdown! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Inkslingers - The Season 6 Showdown!

Post by THX1138 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:34 am

AmandaMarshall wrote:Love how you used the Jersey Shore lingo in your intro. Great writing.
I agree, I am good. Cool

You must be a really sweet guy. Either that or you still have some really good meds left from your surgery. Maybe there is a third possibility. You love the same women as Booth! How else could you be so generous in your interpretation of Hannah's motives?

The fact that she not only accepts Brennan in Booth's life but actively seeks her out and asks her advice, recognizing her pre-eminence in Booth's life, means to me that she's serious about making this life with Booth work.

Unless there is some yet unrevealed storyline, I would say Hannah recognizes the threat Brennan is to her relationship with Booth. She will stay close to Brennan in order stay between B&B.
I like to think of myself as a street-wise guy, but the truth is when it comes to women I'm as clueless as the next man sometimes 'cause I hadn't really given the idea that Hannah was befriending Brennan for shifty reasons any weight - I'd thought about it, but dismissed it. I guess I always err on the side of giving all y'all the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. So far, so good. Then again my gf is pretty awesome so my natural survival instincts are probably shot to hell.

As for Brennan, I doubt she will give Booth up so easily now that she feels the emptiness of his absence. She may think she will but she won't.

have to love how she's dealt with her transition from surrogate love interest to Booth to being just his friend and partner. Having come to terms with the fact that she loves Booth but also accepting that she's missed her chance with him, Brennan throws herself into the roles of partner and friend, going so far as to look out for Booth and warn Hannah off of hurting him.

This season Brennan will be learning what Pascal meant when he said, “The heart has its reasons which reason knows not."
I agree and, btw, totally love the Pascal quote. Hated his programming language, I always felt pressured to get things right, but his writings as a poet-philosopher always seemed like a safe bet.

king RM

Count the Pascal references in that last sentence. Smile
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

The Inkslingers - The Season 6 Showdown! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Inkslingers - The Season 6 Showdown!

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:47 am

THX1138 wrote:

About the housewarming party - I saw the tie in with Booth's coma dream. Angela not being able to drink wine wasn't the obvious "Ohh! I get it!" moment for most folks - there are multiple reasons Angie might not be able to have more wine, like she's the designated driver, so preggers wouldn't normally pop up on any man's radar but it did for Booth. Also the look on his face when he's talking to Ange was almost the same as when he was talking to Bren in his dream. Sorta weird really.

THIS THIS THIS. I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that. The fact that Angela can't have wine anymore, That wide-eyed "No?", it was the exact same look on his face. I have my own theory about this season now and this most definitely ties into it.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaMarshall Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:11 am

Count the Pascal references in that last sentence. .

If you pressed me, I'd wager there are at least two indirect references.

AmandaMarshall
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:15 pm

AmandaMarshall wrote:

Three actually, Pascal the programming language, Pascal as a unit of measurement for pressure, and Pascal's Wager (on the existence of God). I can't help it, I'm a geek.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaMarshall Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:24 pm

THX1138 wrote:
AmandaMarshall wrote:

Three actually, Pascal the programming language, Pascal as a unit of measurement for pressure, and Pascal's Wager (on the existence of God). I can't help it, I'm a geek.

king RM

I'd argue that the programming reference was a direct rather than indirect but maybe I shouldn't po two moderators in one session. Wink

AmandaMarshall
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:42 pm

AmandaMarshall wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
AmandaMarshall wrote:

king RM

I'd argue that the programming reference was a direct rather than indirect but maybe I shouldn't po two moderators in one session. Wink
Meh, it's a fair cop. And don't worry, the other mods are push overs and I'm a pussy cat.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaMarshall Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:44 pm

....I'm a pussy cat.

I like cats. Very Happy

AmandaMarshall
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:17 pm

THX1138 wrote:InkSlinger - Season 6, Episode 3

The Maggots in the Meathead
Yo! Yo! Yo! Booth and Brennan head to the Jersey Shore 'cause some Guido got hisself whacked an' the partners gotta deal with all his bros and their hos in an effory to find the killer. We get to watch Brennan go Jersey with the best of 'em, Booth crack a 'roid ragin' douche, an' out man a wanna be big man, all on the way to solving the case. Oh, and the guy was killed by the ice salesman for stealing ice. How lame is that, getting iced over frozen water?
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hodgins - Bugman was the MAN - he had jumping maggots, trace evidence, and even popped out the term "babymoon" - far superior to the tres gauche "Push Present". Loved Hodgins exchange with Fisher too - just awkward enough to make it funny.
BTW, he used that term last week. Just sayin'.

Cam - Cam's job as head of the department seems to involve a fair amount of mother henning. Not just Fisher and Angela, but also Brennan. I mean, we all know Angela was there at Booth's to scope out Brennan's competition, but why would Cam intrude? Personally I think it was to watch over Brennan. There's a bond there that could grow to rival the one she has with Angela in it's intensity.
Interesting thought. Given how she tried to soothe Brennan's hurt last week, too, there might be something to this.

Brennan telling Hannah to be sure about her decision to move in with Booth. You can almost here her warning off Hannah because she finally knows how much her rejection of Booth hurt him. She knows because she's finally accepted that she loves him and she could have had him if only she hadn't balked and ran like a coward. Oops, that slipped.
Uh-huh. Sure it did!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3