Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friend in Need (complete)

4 posters

Go down

A Friend in Need  (complete) Empty A Friend in Need (complete)

Post by dawn Wed May 26, 2010 2:07 am

"What?" Ang asked incredulously.

"I said, Booth thinks so too."

"Whoa, wait a minute. Stop. Rewind, Bren. Booth thinks so too what?"

"He thinks we should be together, too."

"Did Booth say that?" Angela looked at her in shock.

She sighed, sounding sad, "he said he wanted to give us a shot."

Angela sat down next to Bren, "Sweetie?" she questioned "when was this?"

"A few weeks ago."

Angela shook her head, "Okay, now I'm confused, if Booth said that, why is he dating that woman, and why are you going to coffee with Hacker?"

"Because I told him no."

Angela just stared at her, confusion written across her face, "You did what?" she squeaked out, in shock.

A silent tear slid down her cheek, "I'm not like him, Ang."

Angela stood up, and stalked over to the window, and stood staring out gathering her thoughts.

"Did he say he loved you Bren?" she believed with ever fiber of her being he did.

"No."

"What did he say, exactly Bren?" she turned from the window and stared at her.

Brennan took a deep breath, and leaned back against the cushions, "he wanted to give us a shot, that he knew from the beginning." her hand brushed away the tears.

Angela walked back to her, and sat down, "go on." she urged.

"He said he wanted 30, or 40, or 50 years."

Angela just stared at her. A minute ticked by and then two. Okay Ang, talking to herself inside her head, take a calming breath, in and out, in and out.

"Ang?" Bren questioned her, the silence getting to her.

"I'm so confused here, Bren." she shook her head, trying to make sense of what she heard, "and slightly pissed." baby steps, she thought to herself. "Bren, you know, you are my best friend, right?"

Brennan nodded, "yes, and you are mine, as well." sounding teary.

"So I want you to take what I am about to say, as something one best friend says to another." Brennan nodded her head, waiting. "You are and have been in love with Sealy Booth for years. Whether or not you believe it in your mind, Brennan, you know it to be true in your heart." Brennan opened her mouth to say something, but Angela held up her hand, "Let me finish."

"Do you remember when Booth was shot, and we all thought he was dead?"

"Of course, how could I forget it. It was the worst day, and two weeks of my adult life." she sniffled.

"Why?"

"why what?"

"Why was it the worst day of your adult life , Bren, think about it?"

"because I had just lost my partner..."

"Sweetie," she interrupted, "thats a load of crap." she narrowed her eyes at her. "we both know it."

"Booth knows how much our partnership means to me, Ang, he understood."

"Is that all Booth is to you Bren, your partner?" she would never believe that, not in a milion years.

"Of course not, Ang, he's also one of my best friends."

"Bren, Sweetie, did you tell Booth to date?"

"He said he had to move on."

"So you realize Bren, when Booth moves on, that means he moves on."

"I don't understand what your saying."

"Your dinners you two go to, almost every night," she looked at her, "how many girlfriends do you know, let their men folk hang out every night with their female partners? Your mac and cheese Tuesday, not going to happen anymore Bren. What about your get togethers at the Founding Father's, to celebrate the ending of a case? Gone." she looked at her, "you and Booth, even if you didn't realize it , Bren, have been dating each other for years."

"We both agreed that our partnership is important to us."

"Booth is settleing. He can't have you the way he wants, so he takes what he can get. Booth deserves so much more, and so do you, Bren." she sighed loudly. "Sweetie, you made a mistake. You thought you were protecting your partnership, but, Sweetie, all you did was force a change. Can't you feel it? I noticed something was off a couple of weeks ago, I just didn't know what." Angela was trying to remain calm, "your partnership isn't just about work. I think you know that."

"I don't have Booth's open heart. I don't want to hurt him."

This makes sense, "Sweetie, you may not have Booth's open heart, but you do have a heart, and it belongs to Booth, you won't hurt him Bren, you don't have to protect from something that won't happen."

"What if something goes wrong, and I lose him. I can't lose him, Ang. As his partner, I'll never lose him."

"That's where your wrong." taking a deep breath, "I think you will lose him. Use your scientist skills Bren and observe him. Haven't you noticed the changes in him, the last couple of weeks?" how could she not have noticed.

"I have noticed him being a little restrained."

"You mean sad, melancholy, depressed, sedate, not his usual self?" she continued, "Sweetie, open your eyes, how much are you willing to lose?" Brennan sat up, "because Bren, sweetie, you might lose everything."

"I've got to go back to work, think about it Bren." she gave her a hug. "Call Booth." and she was gone.

Last edited by dawn on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

dawn
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

A Friend in Need  (complete) Empty Re: A Friend in Need (complete)

Post by geraghtyvl Wed May 26, 2010 5:40 am

Too bad Ang and Brennan never had this conversation on the show! Well done.

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed May 26, 2010 5:54 am

You'd think that she'd have gone to Ange about something like this...but I guess not. Thanks.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by geraghtyvl Wed May 26, 2010 10:15 am

Don't even get me started DBCrazy..still have not recovered from season finale and Spoilers..LOL. Keep writing so I can escape into my Bones fantasy world!!!

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Wed May 26, 2010 10:32 pm

For the upteenth time that day, Angela looked up at Brennan's office. It was absolutely killing her, not to march in there and give her another lecture. Sighing, and shaking her head, she hoped Brennan would come around on her own, but, if she didn't she was prepared for another lecture, and this time, she wouldn't hold back.

"Hey Ang." Hodgins stuck his head in her office. "Why the sad face?"

"The trials and tribulations of Booth and Brennan." she rubbed her eyes, she felt a head ache coming on.

Nodding his understanding, "You'd think they'd have figured it out by now." he reached for her, pulling her into his embrace, "I'm so glad we did."

"Me too. Its hard enough watching those two." she laid her head on his shoulder. "I'm really worried this time, Jack." she closed her eyes, "Something is way off."

"Everybody's noticed, but hey," he tried a positive spin, "its always worked out before, right?"giving her a smile, not quite believeing himself.

"I haven't even seen Dr. Brennan today." he looked at her office, noting the closed shades. "what she doing?"

"Not sure, guess I should go check on her, huh?"

"Might be a good idea, you are her best friend."

"Okay, I'm going in." and stepped out of her office.

"Good luck." Jack called out to her, but she hoped she didn't need it.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Thu May 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Angela marched to her office determined, and prepared for what ever excuses and reasons Brennan was going to throw at her.

She knocked once, waited. She knocked again. Receiving no response, she turned the door knob. It was unlocked, she pushed it open.

"Bren?" she called fromt he open doorway. The lights had been shut off, she couldn't see much from the door.

"Bren?" she called stepping into her office.

Still no answer. She walked thru the office, and tapped on the door to the bathroom.

"Bren?" she pushed the door open. She wasn't here either. Concerned now, she walked over to the light switches, and flipped them on, illuminating the entire office. No Brennan.

She turned her head, surveying the room, not sure what to think. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the piece of paper lying on her desk. It was addressed to her. She picked it up, and unfolded it:

Ang-I have decided to take a few days off.

I heard everything you said, and I need some time. I promise, to call you in a few days. Don't worry about me, I'll be okay. See you soon.

Bren

"Damn it, Brennan." Angela said aloud, wondering what Booth was going to think.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by geraghtyvl Fri May 28, 2010 12:58 am

Can't wait for the next posting!

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri May 28, 2010 1:16 am

This is completed, and since you asked me so nicely, I'll post another.

This was her secret place. She came here when she needed to think, and sometimes write. She looked around, enjoying the solitude and the trees. She saw squirrels scurrying, an occasional deer wondered thru, a the myriad of forest creatures her only company.

She sat back in the wicker chair, feet propped up on the matching footstool. Leaning her head forward, she took a sip of her coffee, while she waited. She drained her cup. She stood, and walked into the house. She stepped into the kitchen, walking to the coffee pot, and was refilling her cup when she heard the crunch of gravel.

She turned and walked back to the front door, opening it, leaning against the door frame, and sipped her coffee, and waited.

He could see her propped up in the door, looking somewhat worried. He took a deep breath, wondering what she was thinking. He stared at her for minute, gathering his thoughts. He opened the door and slid out.

Without saying a word, he walked up to the front porch. He looked around, "Bones," he paused a second, "What is all this?"He motioned with his hands.

"It's a house, Booth."

"I can see that Bones." he looked at her, "who's is it?"

"It's mine." he didn't say anything, "I bought it after my first book."

"It's a great house Bones, why keep it a secret?"

"I didn't really keep it a secret, I just never told anybody." she paused, "Dad knows, he comes out here sometimes."

"How often do you come out here?"

"When I write, sometimes, it helps to come out here." He nodded, trying not to feel hurt, that she'd never told him.

"Kind of like an escape from the real world."

"Do you want to sit down ?"as he walked up the steps to the porch. She waved him to a chair, "want some coffee? I just brewed a new pot."

"Maybe later Bones." he sat down. "Why did you tell me to come here?" He looked into her eyes, as she moved away from the door, to come and sit opposite him, in the matching chair.

Inhaling deeply, "Last night I met a friend, an old collegue actually, for dinner."

He interrupted, "Bones, I really don't want to talk about your dates, if that's why you called me here. " he sounded irritated. "I don't want to hear about Hacker, or anyone else for that matter, either."

"Booth," she wrinkled her forehead,"my friend, she was an old college friend, we went to school together."

"Oh, sorry."

"Booth, we had dinner at the Italian Gardens."

"OH." Booth, comprehension dawning on him, he lifted his chin, "I see." he had dinner there last night with Catherine.

She looked down into her coffee cup, he noticed her knuckles turning white, gripping her cup. "I saw you with her." for a minute they were both quiet.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by geraghtyvl Fri May 28, 2010 1:32 am

And?

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri May 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Booth swallowed, loosened his collar. "You knew we were seeing each other."

"I know." her voice sounded sad to him.

"You saw us?" he questioned her.

"Yea."she nodded

"I didn't see you."

"I know." she sat her empty cup down, on the side table. "I didn't want to intrude."

An uncomfortable silence lengthened into a few minutes.

"Bones? I don't understand this? Why did you tell me to come here?"

How to start, she sighed, "When I saw you, with her, I didn't realize...." she stopped.

"What Bones?" he prompted, nudgeing her along.

"I saw you laughing with her, like we used to," a tear slipped down her cheek,"before............"

"Before I told you that I wanted....." a pause, "us." he was looking at her.

"Yes." her blue eyes watery.

"I told you I was moving on," he looked at her, "you didn't believe me?"

"I didn't know it would feel so...." she looked up at him, "I didn't like it, Booth."

He stood up, turning his back to her, looking out into the trees. "What do you think its been like for me, Bones. Sully, Michael, and Hacker, I watched you laugh with them. They had, what I've wanted for years." he turned back to her, "and now, that I'm with Catherine, you get it?"

"I don't know what that means." she looked at him.

"It's called jealousy, Bones. I've been experiencing it for years."

"Jealousy is an irrational emotion." she wasnt' jealous, was she?

"Irrational or not, that's what it is." He looked down at her, "You told me to move on, Bones."

"Yes." she said sadly, "Catherine seems very nice."

"She is."

"She's very pretty, and smart."

"Yes, that too."

"You seemed happy with her," she paused, "last night."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Sun May 30, 2010 2:35 am

"It was just a dinner." he sighed, "no big deal."

"You like her?" she waited for his answer.

"Yes, she's nice, I guess, except," he stopped talking.

"Except what, Booth?" her heart felt a little broken.

"Doesn't matter anymore, Bones." he looked down at his shoes.

"Last night after I saw you, with her," she paused,"I couldn't sleep, everytime I closed my eyes I saw you, with her. You were eating, laughing, talking just like we used to." she turned her head, wiping a tear away, before he could see it.

"You could have called me, you know." he leaned on the porch railing.

"I didn't want to interrupt anything."

"You wouldn't have, I was home, and alone." he tilted his head at her, watching her closely.

"Angela says that I'm going to lose you." she threw it out there.

Startled, he looked at her, "Bones, there is nothing that could go on between us, that would destroy our friendship. I will always be there for you."

"She said by your moving on, our friendship would change."

"You told her about that, about us?"

"Yes."

"What did she say?"

"She told me I had made a mistake, and that I should talk to you."

"She's right." he looked at her, "on both counts."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:41 am

"You did make a mistake." He looked at her, she looked as sad, as he felt.

"I'm not seeing Hacker anymore."

"Why not?" he asked.

"He isn't you." she just threw it out there, and held her breath waiting.

Booth had turned his back to her, staring out into the trees, "What did you just say?" turning back to her, staring intently into her eyes.

"I said, he isn't you." more firmly this time.

"What are you saying?" he took a step in her direction.

"I am a scientist." taking a breath, "As a scientist, when one makes a mistake, you go back, and try to correct the problem."

"The problem being.........." he waited for her to answer.

"Angela says my problem is........" her voice faltered.

"Yes,.." he urged her on.

"She thinks that I'm in love with you." she figeted in her chair, "just like Sweets, does."

"What do you think, Bones?" his voice was low and very deep.

"I'm not sure." she looked up at him directly in the eye, "Are you in love with me?"

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:43 am

"Yes." a direct answer with no explanation.

"How do you know?"

"There's just some things you know, Bones."
"I've missed you." she looked at him. "Since then, it hasn't been the same between us."

He walked back to the chair and sat down. "I've missed you, too." and he had, immensely.

"I know, I didn't like seeing you with her. At all, it made me feel......,"

"Jealous?" he asked.

"I was going to say uncomfortable."she sighed, taking a breath, "I want to go back Booth."

"No."

"No?"

"No way, Bones. I can't go back, and I don't want to go back. I want to go forward." he stood up and raked his hands thru his hair. "I will always be your friend, Bones, but you have a choice to make." frustration with he was setting in. "I already told you how I feel, and what I want." he stood up. "It's up to you."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:51 am

"I know what I want." he looked at her, "but do you?"

"I've always known what I wanted, Booth." she turned away from him.

He looked at her, "Now I'm the one who doesn't know what that means."

"Have you ever wondered about that time, on our first case?" she asked him.

"Only a gazillion times, Bones."

"Me too."

"You too?" he'd always thought she'd mentally filed it far away.

"We've never really talked about that night, except that once with Sweets."

She stood up, and walked to the railing, leaning on her elbows. "I wanted you that night, Booth." she was looking out at the trees. Dusk was setting in, a few stars were already visible.

"I remember." he walked to the railing, to stand beside her. "I also remember you running away, leaving me standing in the rain." alone.

"I didn't want to." she turned to him.

"Then why?" he'd never understood her need to flee.

"I'm not good at relationships Booth."

"You say that, Bones." he grasped both of her shoulders turning her to him, "have you ever really tried?" he sighed, "How do you know, if you don't at least try?"

"I don't know how to, Booth." a tear slipped down her cheek.

"Then let me show you." He slowly bent his head, giving her time to pull away. When she didn't move away, he moved in further. His hands reached up, and held her face, his thumb brushing away her tears. "There is nothing to be afraid of." he whispered, the second before his lips touched hers. It was the barest of touches, he brushed his lips across her once softly, and then again. She'd stiffened, but hadn't moved away. He pressed his lips a little more firmly, and slid his hands from her shoulders, down her arms, pulling her in tighter. He placed more pressure on her lips, pushing them apart. She let him slip his tongue in, for a deeper kiss. She moved her lips against his, moving into him. His arms came around her, tipping her head back, his lips left hers, moving to her neck, and coming back again. He slanted his lips over hers one more time, tasting and teasing her with his tongue, before he pulled away.

He took a step back, fighting the urge to continue. They stood there, staring at each other, not touching. "I'm going back, Bones." he turned to go, "you know where you can find me." he had to let her choose.

He walked back to his vehicle, opened the door, and slid in. With one last glance at her, he turned the ignition, reversed to head back down the long driveway. When he reached the bottom of the driveway, out of site of the house, he stopped, gripped the steering wheel in an iron grip, and wondered if he'd made a mistake.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:14 pm

"Seely," Catherine smiled at him, opening the door wide letting him in. "Your early, I wasn't expecting you for," she looked at her watch, "another hour."

"I know, and I'm sorry for dropping in early like this."

"No problem, just let me get my purse, and we can go." she smiled up at him.

"Actually Catherine, I was wondering if we could talk for a few minutes." He gestured to her couch, "can we sit?"

She nodded, her smile dimming, "Sure Seely." she sat, and looked at him expectantly. He sat down beside her.

"Catherine, you know I think your a great girl." she nodded at him, "your beautiful, smart, funny......."

"Sealy," she interrupted him, "what's this about?" she couldn't take the suspense anymore.

"I think I made a mistake Catherine, I'm sorry."

"A mistake?"

"I shouldn't have asked you out, I'm sorry."

"I don't understand, I thought we were having fun together." she drew her brows together, "I did, I thought you were too."

"I enjoyed our dates, Catherine."

"Is this about the other night?" she laid her hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry I was so forward." she thought back to how she had basically threw herself at him.

"It's not about that, Catherine."

"It's Dr. Brennan, isn't it." she looked a little sad.

Booth looked up at her, "What makes you say that?" he was curious, they had never once talked about Brennan, other then mentioning that they were long time partners, in a passing conversation.

"You hide a picture of her in your wallet Seely." he looked up, nobody knew that,"I saw you looking at it the other night at the restraunt."

He remembered looking at her picture, but Catherine had gone to the ladies room, he had no idea she saw him.

"I knew there was something there." she looked at him, "Did you have a relationship with her?"

"No, yes, not really." he sighed, "It's complicated."

"You want a relationship with her."

"Yes, I'm so sorry." he reached for her hand, "I don't know what to say."

"There's nothing I can say to change your mind? I really think we could be great together." she squeezed his hand, and pulled him a little towards her, "We could try." she pressed her lips to his. He kissed her gently, and set her back by her shoulders.

"I'm sorry Catherine, I just can't do this."

"I had to try." she sighed wondering if Dr. Brennan had any idea how lucky she was.

"We still have reservations for dinner." Booth looked at her, not wanting to end this on a bad note.

"Thanks Seely, but I think its better if we don't." she stood up.

"I understand." Booth stood up and walked to the door, he felt like he needed to say something else.

"Catherine, I.."

"Seely, it's okay." she opened the door, "we'll talk later." he stepped outside her door.

"Goodbye Catherine." she nodded her head at him, and closed the door softly.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:25 am

"Hello Andrew."

"Temperance." he stood up, a giant smile on his face. "What are you doing here?" she had told him, she wasn't really interested in a relationship with him. He'd been saddened by it, he really liked her, but he knew there were unlying issues, mostly having to do with Agent Booth.

He stood up, and walked to where she stood in the doorway. Not quite sure what to do, he touched her arm, "Want to sit?"

She walked over to a chair that was placed in front of his desk, "Thank you, Andrew." and took a seat.

"What brings you here today, Temperance."

"I have a question for you." she looked up at him as he took a seat, behind his desk. "I realize this might be a little uncomfortable for you."

"Nonesense, Temperance, you can ask me anything." he had a feeling where this was going.

"FBI rules stipulate that partners cannot be in a personal relationship with each other. Is this correct?"

"It is. I'm sure you understand the reasoning behind this rule."

"I do," she stood up, and handed him a piece of paper, "Thank you, Andrew." and she walked out his door.

"Temperance." he chased after her, waving a piece of paper, "What is this?"

"Just read it Andrew, its self explainatory." as she stepped on elevator, "I'm sorry Andrew, I have to go."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:18 am

His feet were propped up on his desk, as he leaned back in his chair. His phone cradeled to his ear as he listened, "Thanks Charlie." he snapped his phone shut, and straightened in his chair. He looked up to see his boss looking at him thru his open blinds.

Booth stood up, and waved at him to come in. "Agent Booth."

"Assistant Dep....."

"Agent Booth, this once lets wave the formalities." Hacker interrupted him, he looked stressed. He paced back and forth in front a Booth's desk.

"Okay, sir, what can I do for you?" Booth sat back down behind his desk, and waited, wondering why he was so agitated.

"This." he waved the paper in his hand. "Just read it." and he slid it across his desk

"Okay." he reached out, and picked it up, and opened it. He began to read, and as he comprehended the words, his eyes widened, and he sat straight up. He was trying very hard not to get emotional in front of Hacker.

"She was here?" at his nod, Booth felt the muscle in his jaw tic, "when?"

"Just a few minutes ago. I tried to stop her."

"Have you showed anybody this?" he looked at Hacker.

"No, I wanted to show you first, I thought, maybe you could change her mind." he sounded whistful.

"If you don't mind sir....."

"Of course, by all means, go." Booth was already pulling on his suit jacket. "Good luck Agent Booth," Booth was already gone, leaving Hacker alone, "your going to need it." shook his head sadly and walked of Booth's office, pulling the door closed behind him.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:40 pm

He made it to the Jeffersonian in record time. He immediately made a bee line for her office. Her lights were out, and blinds were closed. He turned the knob, it was locked. He darted down the hall towards Angela's office.

"Angela." he stuck his head in the doorway.

"Hey Booth." she looked up from her computer.

"Have you seen Bones?"

"Not today, or yesterday." She stood up, and walked towards him, "she took a couple of days off. Is something wrong?" he looked at her, and handed her the piece of paper, letting her read it.

"Did you know about this." he accused her.

"Booth, I had no idea."

She put her hand to her forehead, rubbing her temples, "have you tried her cell?"

"Goes straight to voice mail." as he pulled out his phone, and tried again. "I'm going to her place." and he was gone, leaving a shell shocked Angela behind

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:17 pm

He'd reached her apartment building, and with a quick look found her car in her designated spot. She was here, or at least her car was. He walked into the building, and pushed the up button on the elevator. He could see it was stopped at the top floor. Impatient not wanting to wait, he took the stairs, two at a time. Reaching her floor, he stepped out of the stair well and without any hesitation headed straight for her door.

She'd just stepped out of her bath, when she heard the banging on the door. After she left Hacker, she'd come straight home, and decided to take a long hot bath, trying to ease some of her tention. The banging continued, more forcefully this time.

She reached for her robe, and wrapped it around her, and hurried to the door. Even as she looked the the peep hole, he was banging on the door. He looked angry.

He heard the bolt lock turn, and he stopped pounding, he heard the click of her door latch turn, and there she was looking at him, thru the crack in the door.

She had odviously been in the bath. She wore a short Chinese robe, belted tightly at her waist, the color of her eyes. She'd pulled her hair up into a messy bun, wet tendrils of her hair clung to her neck. Her legs were bare, not even slippers were on. Water drops glistened over her bare skin, causing the silk of the robe to cling to her tightly.

"Booth. What's wrong?" he looked at her. "Did something happen?"

"How can you ask me that?" he waved the piece of paper at her, "and yes, something did happen." he looked at her, "Hacker came to see me." he handed her the paper.

She looked down at the paper, "I knew he would."

"So where you running to this time?" he sounded mad.

"Booth,"..he interrupted before she could continue.

"China? Guatamala? Indonesia?"

"Booth, I....."

"I should have known, I put it out there, and you run." he sighed, feeling defeated. "I thought that maybe I'd convinced you." he collapsed back onto her couch.

"Booth, I'm not going to China." she paused, "Or Guatamala." he looked up at her "and not Indonesia either."

He felt confused, "then what's with that?" he nodded to the piece of paper in her hand.

She took a deep breath, "It is my understanding that the FBI has rules pertaining to personal relationship between partners." she stood in front of him, "You told me to choose." he was looking up at her.

"I choose you, Booth."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:47 pm

"What time is it?" he shaded his eyes from the light coming in through the window.

"I don't know," she looked for the clock on the side table. "late I think. Where the damn clock go."

"Check the floor." he said. "you knocked it off last night."

"you mean you knocked it off." she said, "with your foot." she giggled, "there it is, it after ten, I gotta make a call."

"Now?" he whined, "because I have a few interesting ideas." she felt his fingers dance across her abdomen, moving downward, as he pushed his face into her neck.

She stilled his hand with hers, "Just give me a minute, Jack. I got to check on Bren." she looked down at Jack, as he layed back on his pillow. "I'm really worried about her."

"Its still early Angie, maybe you shouldn't call."

"Bren rises with the chickens, she'll be awake."

Hodgins had his doubts, "don't say I didn't warn you, if your wrong."

Angela dialed Brennan's number letting the phone ring. On the tenth ring, her answering machine kicked on. "Bren, this is Ang, call me." she hung up. She looked at Jack, "she didn't answer."

"Maybe that means she's not home?" leaning towards her.

Angela put her arm up, "Not so fast, Jack, I'm calling her cell."

"Do you really think thats a good idea?"

"I'm her best friend Jack." as she dialed her cell. On the third ring she got her answer.

"Hello." a very sleepy sounding Brennan answered.

"Sweetie."

"Ang?"

"I was so worried, Bren, are you okay?" she waited for her to answer. "Sweetie?" she heard rustling noises. "Hello?"

"Angela," Booth's voice equally sleepy came across the phone. "She'll call you back later." and with a click, the line went dead.

Her eyes got big, as she turned to Hodgins, "What?" he asked, sitting up, curious.

"Booth just hung up on me."

"Well its about time." Hodgins said with a giant grin, and swooping in for a kiss, "now where were we?"

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Awwwwwww..... Very Happy
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:21 pm

"Can't you drive a little faster Hodgins?" she impatiently tapped her foot in the floor board.

"Um let me think about it." he paused, "NO."

"You know," she rolled her eyes at him, "you don't have to make this harder on me."

"Now where would the fun be in that." she gave him a frosty stare, "just relax Angela, we'll be there soon enough."

"I'm just so, so," she scrunched her face, "I don't even know what I am yet, I just need to talk to Bren."

"I get that she's your best friend, and all that, but aren't you taking all this a little personal?"he asked her.

"I don't expect you to get this Jack, you are a guy. But, Bren is not just any friend." she sighed. "I have been coaxing her to Booth for years." she took a deep breath, "She just so deserves Booth, and she doesn't even know it." she looked at him, "But I knew it."

Hodgins reached out with his hand, capturing hers, "We all knew Angela."

"She's just been thru so much, I just want her to be happy, and not be afraid."

"Well, from the sounds of it, she wasn't afraid last night." Hodges quipped, with a silly grin.

"I hope so, Jack. " and she did.

"We're almost there." they could both see the diner. "What time did she say?" he asked her.

"She said to meet her in an hour, and," she glanced at her cell phone, "we're right on time. There's Booth's SUV."

He'd barely stopped the car, before she flung the door open.

"Come on Jack." she waited for him at the front of his car, "Let's go say hi."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:37 pm

They stepped thru the diner doors together, Angela's eyes immediately swiveling in the direction she knew they would be sitting. She saw them sitting together. She beelined it straight to their table.

"Angela." Booth stood up motioning to the empty side of the table. "Hodgins." he acknowleded Jack.

"You guys hungry?" Booth asked, seemingly oblivious.

Angela stared at Booth, and then Brennan. They seemed completely normal, like nothing out of the ordinary had happened at all. Neither of their expressions giving her any clue as to their current relationship. She frowned, this isn't what she expected at all.

"Bren, I need to use the little girls room, now." she stood up, and waited by Brennan's chair.

Though oblivious to many things when not plainly spoken, Brennan understand Angela crystal clear. "Sure Ang." she stood up, and Angela grasped her arm practically dragging her into the ladies room, leaving Hodgins alone with Booth.

A minute of silence passed at the table, before a high pitched squeal was heard from the back of the diner, causing both Booth and Hodgin's to smile.

"Sorry about Angela, Booth."

"Don't apologise, Hodgins."

"So, Booth, you and Dr. B?" he raised his eyebrows, "Who would have thunk?" he asked sarcastically

"Yea, yea, Hodgins."

"Dude, all I'm going to say is it's about time." and he stuck his hand out. "Dr. Brennan deserves it."

Booth took his hand with a smile, both of them turned when the heard the squeak of the bathroom door as it swung open. Angela led the way, closely followed by Brennan. Both of the men stood as they reached the table. Each of them pulling out the chairs for them to sit.

"Booth." Angela said, as she sniffled, her eyes suspiciously bright and watery.

"Angela." Booth smiled at her across the table. He looked over at Brennan as she sat down, her expression serene.

"Everything okay?" he asked her.

"We're good Booth." and for good measure she leaned into him and gave him a kiss on the lips, causing Angela to make goo goo noises.

"I'm so happy." Angela managed to get out between sniffles. "We're all so happy." she corrected herself.

After lunch, they walked out together, but before Angela could walk out the door, Booth grabbed her hand, and pulled her to a stop. They both watched at Hodgins and Brennan walked outside ahead of them the door closing behind them.

"Booth?" she asked, with a big smile. She couldn't wipe the smile of her face if she tried.

"I just wanted to say thanks." he smiled at her, "if it wasn't for you....." he hesitated, looking out the doors, and seeing Hodgins and Brennan both looking back at them.

"Booth," she said, laying her hand on his shoulder. "it was my pleasure." and gave him the biggest hug she could muster. "After all, what are friends for?" and they walked out the doors together.

The End

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down