Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Hart Booth Fan Club

+12
hy6110327
SnoopGirl
206bonesaddicted
treble21
PIMP
i_heart_bones
Nightowl
flyersfan35
ToZiKa
G
DBCrazy
Cassiopeia
16 posters

:: The IHBFC

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

I Hart Booth Fan Club - Page 16 Empty Re: I Hart Booth Fan Club

Post by DBCrazy Tue May 11, 2010 12:30 pm

I started reading Steven King's "On Writing" today. It's pretty good. He lived a very interesting life as a kid. It sounds so old fashioned, back when kids actually played outside and made things and hurt themselves with their toys.

You ever read it?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue May 11, 2010 12:32 pm

DBCrazy wrote:I started reading Steven King's "On Writing" today. It's pretty good. He lived a very interesting life as a kid. It sounds so old fashioned, back when kids actually played outside and made things and hurt themselves with their toys.

You ever read it?

Is it a biography? cause it sounds interesting.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 11, 2010 12:36 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:Um... Embarassed
Laughing

It's okay to take a break, Fly. Re-juice those batteries, y'know.
I haven't written anything since the weekend before last. I hope to soon, though...I'm almost finished a chaper, I wish I could just get it done.

When I was reading this I saw Calvin's scream. He made you sound like you were anguishing over it. tongue
Hahahahaha!

You know what I think is crazy? That a man and his girlfriend can go to the police and complain about a facebook post from his wife, saying it's harassment, and she gets a call from the police to stop all contact. Yet kids are getting bullied over the internet to the point that they commit suicide, and nothing is being done. I could live to be 1000 years old and still not understand. That illegal dog fighting videos and racists shouting slurs at a soldier's funeral are covered under 'freedom of speech'. Actually, there are so many things like that around that it just makes me insane. *shakes head* I'm pretty sure our founding fathers are rolling in their graves right now...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue May 11, 2010 12:37 pm

treble21 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:I started reading Steven King's "On Writing" today. It's pretty good. He lived a very interesting life as a kid. It sounds so old fashioned, back when kids actually played outside and made things and hurt themselves with their toys.

You ever read it?

It's not really a biography. It's his book about writing. He's starting off with snapshots of things that he remembers about his early life. And it is very interesting! I've laughed plenty already and I'm only on page 25.

Do you write too, treble?!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Oh sorry...I'm done ranting now, lol

And no, I haven't read that one, though my sister has. She's read everything he's ever written...I've read a lot, but not all...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 11, 2010 12:39 pm

I do love reading his intros and thank you's at the beginning of his books, though...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue May 11, 2010 12:41 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
Laughing

I haven't written anything since the weekend before last. I hope to soon, though...I'm almost finished a chaper, I wish I could just get it done.

When I was reading this I saw Calvin's scream. He made you sound like you were anguishing over it. tongue
Hahahahaha!

You know what I think is crazy? That a man and his girlfriend can go to the police and complain about a facebook post from his wife, saying it's harassment, and she gets a call from the police to stop all contact. Yet kids are getting bullied over the internet to the point that they commit suicide, and nothing is being done. I could live to be 1000 years old and still not understand. That illegal dog fighting videos and racists shouting slurs at a soldier's funeral are covered under 'freedom of speech'. Actually, there are so many things like that around that it just makes me insane. *shakes head* I'm pretty sure our founding fathers are rolling in their graves right now...
Better watch your lip, lady, or we'll have to kick you off the board for harrassing the pond scum and the lawyers and judges who sympathize with 'em!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue May 11, 2010 12:42 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:Oh sorry...I'm done ranting now, lol

And no, I haven't read that one, though my sister has. She's read everything he's ever written...I've read a lot, but not all...
The only thing of his that I've read is "The Green Mile." I think that's my only "book before the movie" experience I've ever had! Laughing
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue May 11, 2010 12:44 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
treble21 wrote:

You ever read it?

It's not really a biography. It's his book about writing. He's starting off with snapshots of things that he remembers about his early life. And it is very interesting! I've laughed plenty already and I'm only on page 25.

not a writer at all, I am however, an avid reader.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue May 11, 2010 12:45 pm

DBCrazy wrote:

The only thing of his that I've read is "The Green Mile." I think that's my only "book before the movie" experience I've ever had! Laughing

Omg "The Stand" is one of my favorite books ( and the horror genre is so not my thing.) Such an awesome book, and plausible too, which is what makes it scary.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue May 11, 2010 12:45 pm

treble21 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
treble21 wrote:

You ever read it?

not a writer at all, I am however, an avid reader.
I've become an avid reader myself! I'm a newbie.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue May 11, 2010 12:47 pm

treble21 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

Omg "The Stand" is one of my favorite books ( and the horror genre is so not my thing.) Such an awesome book, and plausible too, which is what makes it scary.
Not mine either, so I'll take your word for it and put it on my list. Thank you.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 11, 2010 12:48 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
Laughing

Hahahahaha!

Better watch your lip, lady, or we'll have to kick you off the board for harrassing the pond scum and the lawyers and judges who sympathize with 'em!
Haha, I know. But seriously...when the Constitution was written, when these laws were made, do you really think they knew what was to come? Freedom of Speech my ass. Our 'freedoms' should not be all inclusive. And why is it that the right of anyone to elect not to buy insurance supersedes my right to not have to have my tax money used to pay for their healthcare when they get sick and can't pay? Why must my children be forced to learn the THEORY of evolution, but not allowed to learn the THEORY of creation?

Oops...I'm doing it again. Sorry, I'm done. I promise this time...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 11, 2010 12:49 pm

treble21 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

It is one of my favorites as well, and should definitely be on your list to read, sherry.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Oh, and I would definitely recommend seeing the movie of The Stand, too...if you can find it. It was made for tv, and I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. However, if anyone does find it, let me know...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by G Tue May 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Deep topics tonight. Smile Hi everyone!
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by G Tue May 11, 2010 12:51 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:Oh, and I would definitely recommend seeing the movie of The Stand, too...if you can find it. It was made for tv, and I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. However, if anyone does find it, let me know...
Gary Sinise. Yum.
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 11, 2010 12:52 pm

'It' was a great book, too, but that is definitely more on the horror side. 'It' and 'The Stand' are two of my most favorite books that I read at least once a year...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue May 11, 2010 12:52 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
Laughing

Hahahahaha!

Haha, I know. But seriously...when the Constitution was written, when these laws were made, do you really think they knew what was to come? Freedom of Speech my ass. Our 'freedoms' should not be all inclusive. And why is it that the right of anyone to elect not to buy insurance supersedes my right to not have to have my tax money used to pay for their healthcare when they get sick and can't pay? Why must my children be forced to learn the THEORY of evolution, but not allowed to learn the THEORY of creation?

Oops...I'm doing it again. Sorry, I'm done. I promise this time...lol
Rights without responsibilities throws everything off kilter.

(Somehow I feel like I should keep egging you on!)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 11, 2010 12:52 pm

G-Woman wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:Oh, and I would definitely recommend seeing the movie of The Stand, too...if you can find it. It was made for tv, and I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. However, if anyone does find it, let me know...
Gary Sinise. Yum.
omg, I know!

Hi G!!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue May 11, 2010 12:53 pm

They periodically show it on our horror channel here, so I get to see it then, but I've never seen it for sale before.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Hehe, no worries sherry...I promised, and I won't go back on my promise. At least not tonight, anyway...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue May 11, 2010 12:54 pm

treble21 wrote:

They periodically show it on our horror channel here, so I get to see it then, but I've never seen it for sale before.
I found it on amazon bootleg...it was like $100 or something. I don't love it that much...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by G Tue May 11, 2010 12:55 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
G-Woman wrote:
Gary Sinise. Yum.
omg, I know!

Hi G!!
Hi Fly!
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by G Tue May 11, 2010 12:55 pm

HI Treble and Sherry!
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next