Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Open Letter to Hart Hanson

+2
treble21
bugaboo628
6 posters

:: News

Go down

A Open Letter to Hart Hanson Empty A Open Letter to Hart Hanson

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Definately worth the read. I give the woman props for speaking her mind.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

A Open Letter to Hart Hanson Empty Re: A Open Letter to Hart Hanson

Post by treble21 Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:59 pm

I respect the opinion, but also couldn't disagree more, HH has absolutely nothing to do with the promo's, they submit the episode to fox and someone at fox cuts the promo's and it is my understanding that they don't get approval on them either ( same deal as film directors), So blaming someone who didn't have anything to do with the promo's for making you think you were watching something else is IMO juvenile, the entire point of a promo is to attract viewers, by any means necessary.

I really think HH gets a bad rap because of what happened last year with the finale, and while yes the misdirection last year pissed me off to no end, I've learned a valuable lesson from it, Showrunners will say whatever they can to get you to watch ( it's their livelihood), therefore knowing that, maybe you shouldn't take everything they say too literally.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by boreanazlover82 Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:32 pm

I completely agree with her, especially the X-Files part. It took them 7 years to get together. They didn't even let us fans know until all of a sudden Scully's pregnant. Mulder's taken by aliens and then he's back, she has the baby, he leaves for almost a year, it turns out that an alien revealed that they slept together one night, she gives the baby up for adoption, he comes back in the end and then it's finally revealed that the baby is his son. Pathetic! Evil or Very Mad

boreanazlover82
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:29 pm

treble21 wrote:I respect the opinion, but also couldn't disagree more, HH has absolutely nothing to do with the promo's, they submit the episode to fox and someone at fox cuts the promo's and it is my understanding that they don't get approval on them either ( same deal as film directors), So blaming someone who didn't have anything to do with the promo's for making you think you were watching something else is IMO juvenile, the entire point of a promo is to attract viewers, by any means necessary.

I really think HH gets a bad rap because of what happened last year with the finale, and while yes the misdirection last year pissed me off to no end, I've learned a valuable lesson from it, Showrunners will say whatever they can to get you to watch ( it's their livelihood), therefore knowing that, maybe you shouldn't take everything they say too literally.

I totally agree, while HH drops smalls hints here and there about what may be upcoming in a season, it doesn't mean that it will turn out that way and whoever makes the promo takes the best parts of the episode and puts them together, regardless of whether or not they reflect the outcome of the episode. So really some people have to relax and not get pissed with HH especially when there are things he has absolutely no control over, one being how people interpret things.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Wow some serious venting there! She does have the right to feel whatever she feels, but I think if she is basing those feelings on being lied to about the 100th changing things forever, she’s mistaken. That quote on the wall in the 100th and where and when we see it isn’t just a reference back to the season 4 finale; it’s a pertinent here too. Nothing happens without someone first putting it all out on the table. And that’s what we got here. I don’t think anyone lied to anyone about episode 100 being a game changer. Change is in progress here even though I don’t think it’s going to be fast enough for this lady.

Lol, I just want to enjoy the ride but the backseat of my car is filled with too many fans shouting are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:43 pm

a_rangergrl2 wrote:Wow some serious venting there! She does have the right to feel whatever she feels, but I think if she is basing those feelings on being lied to about the 100th changing things forever, she’s mistaken. That quote on the wall in the 100th and where and when we see it isn’t just a reference back to the season 4 finale; it’s a pertinent here too. Nothing happens without someone first putting it all out on the table. And that’s what we got here. I don’t think anyone lied to anyone about episode 100 being a game changer. Change is in progress here even though I don’t think it’s going to be fast enough for this lady.

Lol, I just want to enjoy the ride but the backseat of my car is filled with too many fans shouting are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?

best analogy ever.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:39 am

treble21 wrote:I respect the opinion, but also couldn't disagree more, HH has absolutely nothing to do with the promo's, they submit the episode to fox and someone at fox cuts the promo's and it is my understanding that they don't get approval on them either ( same deal as film directors), So blaming someone who didn't have anything to do with the promo's for making you think you were watching something else is IMO juvenile, the entire point of a promo is to attract viewers, by any means necessary.

YES, THIS, ALL OF THIS, thank you.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down