Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial by Fire

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trial by Fire Empty Trial by Fire

Post by dawn Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:00 am

This is the follow up, to my first fic entitled Under Oath. It picks up right where Under Oath left off.

Trial by Fire

He took a deep breath, and opened his eyes. Yes, she was here, curled into his side, her hand lay upon his chest, rising and falling with every breath he took. He looked around, they were in her bedroom. Their clothes lay scattered on the floor. His mind, drifted over the events of the previous day, and then the night. It had all happened, it was no dream.

Her teary confession on the witness stand, had left him stunned. She loved him. She had said it on the stand, and later, when he had confronted her, she had also admitted. They had confronted each other, with their feelings, and had spent the most glorious night together.

He didn't want to move, his body was tired, but his mind was alert. "Bones," he began to kiss her all over her face. "Wakey, wakey, Bones." She opened her eyes, and he loved that sleep tasseled look she gave him. She sat up, holding the blankets to her chest.

"I'm going to my apartment to change, I'll be back to get you, don't go anywhere, without me, Bones." and with his trade mark smile, guaranteed to melt any girls heart, he was gone.

He unlocked the door to his apartment, and let himself in. Looking around, everything looked the same, but it seemed so different. Maybe, everything would seem different now.

Quickly, he showered, and got dressed, left.

After a brief visit to the local coffee shop, where he picked up, two coffee's, he was back on Brennen's door. She opened the door, looking beautiful, perhaps more so, to him, than ever before. "Good morning." He bent and gave her a whopper of a kiss, he made her smile.

Within in a few minutes they were riding down the elevator, together. "So, Bones, you ready to testify, again?" he asked, as he opened her door. She slid in to his truck. "I'm ready, Booth." He bent and gave her another kiss.

"Glad to hear it, Bones." He started his truck, and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Bones, you know, I'm pretty sure, after your dad left here, yesterday, that he has a clue, about us." a pause. "I mean, he pretty much told me, it was about time."

"He didn't say that Booth." she argued back.

"Not in so many words Bones, and Ang, she called yesterday, and there's no telling, what she thinks..............." he left off.

"I've been thinking about this Booth. I think we should just tell them."

"Bones, I'm pretty sure, they already know. In case you haven't noticed, Bones, I have a hard time, hiding things, especially from Angela." he smiled, "I think they will all be happy for us"

He reached out and grasped her hand, his thumb caressing her fingers. "almost as happy, as I am."

He pulled into the parking lot for the courthouse. It was a hotbed of activity, satelite trucks were parked everywhere, news crews were setting up cameras, ready to deliver any new information, that would come out of today's events. Crowds of people were walking towards the double doors, that led into the court house.

"You ready for this, Bones?" he looked at her, as he opened her door.

"Let's do this."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Trial by Fire Empty Re: Trial by Fire

Post by booth fan Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:31 am

can't wait for the court scene.
booth fan
booth fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:40 am

Braving the mad pack of reporters, they finally made it, to the doors, where the guards led them thru. Bones, stepped thru the metal detectors. Booth, showed his ID, and they let him skirt around.

"I'm sorrry agent Booth, but you will not be allowed to carry your gun into the courtroom, today. You'll have to check your gun in. You can pick it up, after court is adjourned for the day." Booth, never liked being without his gun, but conceded. He looked around, there was more security here, today, then in any other trial he'd been involved with. There shouldn't be any problems, he told himself.

Taking Brennen's arm, he led her into the courtroom. Looking over, he saw his friends, and collegues already seated. He led Brennen over, and let her sit, next to Angela.

"Well its about time, you two, where have you been?" Angela gave them both a wide eyed smirk.

"We're here, Angela, that's all you need to know." Booth answered.

"Hello, Booth", Max looked at Booth. Booth for the first time, was at a loss with words.

"Hi, Dad," Brennen said, and gave Booth a meaningful look, hoping that Booth, took the hint, "Um, hi, Max."

Max smirked, and turned to Brennen, "Hi, honey," he kissed her cheek. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, Dad, just ready to get this over with."

The courtroom doors closed, and two guards stationed them selves on either side of each door. The side door swung open, and in walked a smirking Heather Taffet, led by two security guards, and her attorney.

Booth felt Brennen's hand reach for his, which he grasped in a firm grip. He looked over, at the adjacent table, and he could see Miss Julian shuffleing papers, and looking thru her notes. Looking at Brennen, she was perfectly composed, no nerves showing on her face.

"All rise." The judge walked in, and sat.

"Miss Julien, are you ready to begin?" he asked.

"Yes, your honor, the prosecution recalls Dr. Temperance Brennen, to the stand."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by booth fan Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Probably worried Booth will try and shoot someone once he hears what Tempe had to go through.
booth fan
booth fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Brennen took a deep breath, and stood. Booth stood, and let her squeeze by him. He released her hand, after giving her a meaningful squeeze. Hopeing she got his silent message, he sat back down, and waited.

Brennen took her seat in the witness stand.

"Dr. Brennen, I am reminding you, you are still under oath." the judge looked at her.

"Yes, your honor."

"You may begin, Miss Julian." he nodded.

"Dr. Brennen. How many trials, and hearing have you testified in?" Miss Julian was looking at her.

"I am unsure, of an exact number." she answered.

"Just take a guess, Dr. Brennen."

"I'm not really comfortable guessing..........."

"Dr. Brennen, would it be safe to say, that you have testified, in more than a few?" she asked.

"Yes, I can agree with that."

"Dr. Brennen, would it also be safe to say, that you, are an expert witness, in testifying at trials of murderers, serial killers, and criminals of all sorts?"

"Your honor," the defense attorney, objected, "Where is the prosecution going with this, this has nothing to do with the guilt or innocense of my client."

"Your honor," Miss Julian interrupted ,"I am attempting to establish why Dr. Hodgins, and Dr. Brennen were taken by the alledged kidnapper slash serial killer, if I could continue?" she was looking at the judge.

"Please, continue, Miss Julian," the judge answered. "Dr. Brennen answer the question, please."

"Yes, I would be considered an expert." she kept her answer simple.

"So, when the alleged kidnapper, slash serial killer, took you, and Dr. Hodgins it was because you were working to identify the identity of the "gravedigger" correct, Dr. Brennen?"

"That would be my expert opinion, yes." she answered.

"And that would be, what some people, in law enforcement would call a motive?" Miss Julian asked.

"Objection your honor, the witness is not in law enforcement, and is not an attorney, she's leading the witness."

Miss Julian smiled, "Sorry your honor, I withdraw the question," but she had planted the seed, as she looked over at the jury.

"Continue, Miss Julian."

"Dr. Brennen, previously you testified, that Dr. Hodgins, and yourself, were trapped, buried alive, with no one, including yourselves, knowing where you were." Miss Julian was waiting for her answer.

"That is correct."

"So, we know, your alive, I mean, I looking at your right now, odviously you didn't die underground?" she seemed to want an answer.

"That is correct, we didn't die underground." Brennen didn't quite know what to think of a question, that states a fact.

"What happened, that your still alive." she asked.

"Dr. Hodgins, figured out from soil samples, the approximate location of where we were. "

"Keep going," Dr. Brennen.

"We thought we could get a single short message out, that would help our collegues narrow down our location." she took a breath.

"And did you get your message out?"she asked.

"We thought so at the time, but there was no way to know, if we were successful."

"But you were successful, weren't you Dr. Brennen?" arching he brows, at Brennen.

"Yes, we got our message out. It allowed them to know our approximate location."

"And then, Dr. Brennen, what happened."

"After a time, we realized that we were getting low on oxygen, and wouldn't be able to maintain our conscienceness much longer. If we were going to try to get out, we needed to do something, right then, or they wouldn't find us in time." she paused, "I rigged the explosive from the air bag to blow out the windshield in hopes of us escaping to the surface."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:09 am

"So, Dr. Brennen, you decided to blow out your windshield, while you were underground? Wasn't that dangerous?" Miss Julian looked at her.

"There was a chance that it wouldn't work, yes." Brennen answered.

"So, would you say, taking this chance, was your only hope, of escaping, and saving your lives?" she asked.

"Yes." her only reply.

"Tell us, Dr. Brennen, exactly what happened."

"We needed to be as far away from the explosives as possible, so, I climbed into he back seat with Dr. Hodgins. I fashioned a bandage for Dr. Hodgins leg, so to keep any particulates and any dirt, out of his wound. He got down as far as we could. I told Dr. Hodgins, to close his eyes, and hold his breath, and then I triggered the explosion."

"Go on, Dr. Brennen."

"We had previously discussed with each other, that when the explosion occured, we would need to push up, as quickly as we could. I was unsure about how far down we were buried, but I hoped that the explosion would either blow out all the dirt that had been placed over us, or it would loosen, it enough that we could push our way thru it, to the surface."

"And is that what happened, Dr. Brennen?" Miss Julian queried?

"When the explosion happened, it was like a million tiny rocks caved in on us. They surrounded us. Hodgin's was next to me, I tried to grab his hand, but I could no longer feel him. I tried to force my hand to the surface, but I couldn't feel anything, but more dirt. It seemed to cascade all around us, on top of us. It covered my face, and eyes, it filled my nose, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see, I realized, we must have been further down, than I hoped." Brennen looked at Booth. Her eyes, just a touch watery.

"And then............" Miss Julian prompted her.

"I felt someone's hand, then two hands, were pulling me out. I was trying to keep my eyes, closed." she paused, "and then I felt someone grasp both my arms and pull me out, and I was there, and Booth, was there." she looked to Booth, who gave her smile. "He pulled me out. The other's were there, they began to pull Hodgin's out, he was still buried. They got him out, they had saved us. We made it." Brennen, looked to Booth, who gave her a nod, and a smile.

"Your honor, I am done, with this witness, for now."

"I have a few question for the witness." the attorney representing Heather Taffet, interjected.

"Did you see anybody in the parking garage, where you were taken from, that looked like my client?"

"No."

"Did you ever find any evidence that linked the previous kidnappings, or your kidnapping to my client?"

"NO."

"So, is it safe to say, at that time, you had no evidence of any kind linking anything at all, to my client, is that correct, Dr. Brennen?"

"Yes, that's correct."

"Dr. Brennen, you've helped Agent Booth, put alot of people in prison, haven't you?" he asked.

"Yes, I suppose."

"So, is it safe to say, there are alot of former criminals, that have an axe to grind against you, so to speak?" he asked.

"I guess thats possible."

"Thank you, Dr. Brennen, that will be all, for now." he was done.

"Dr. Brennen, you may step down, and we'll take a short recess."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:47 pm

Brennen stepped down. She was caught up in the slow progression of people, making their way to the door. When she reached the door, Booth was waiting for her.

"You okay, Bones?" he didn't like her remembering that awful day. He didn't like remembering that day, either. The sheer helplessness he had felt, the panic of not being able to find her, and then the realization that she was going to die. This trial was bringing all those memories back.

"I'm fine, Booth," she gave him a smile, and made him feel a little better. He grasped her arm, and grabbed her hand, and led her out the door.

Her friends were gathered just outside, waiting for them.

"You two look good," Angela said, motioning, to their joined hands, "Somebody should have told you that a long time ago, huh?"

"Yea, yea, Angela," he gave her wink.

"Dr. B. you were great up there." Hodgins, sounded a little sad, "just wish, I could help. Caroline says, that they would call into question my testimony."

"They just want to put her away, Hodgins, with out any technicalities, getting in the way." Booth said.

"I know that, but it still sucks. "

"Come, on Jack, you can buy me a drink," Angela said, pulling him away, and distracting him.

"So, Booth, you and my daughter, huh." Max squinted his eyes at him. Max leaned in close to Booth's ear, and whispered, just loud enough for Booth to hear, " If you break her heart, I'll kick your azz, I know people," and then in his regular voice, he turned to Brennen, "I'm so happy for you honey." and he kissed her cheek.

Great, Booth thought, I have a reformed murderer threatening me. Booth actually liked Max, he even understood him. He thought Max had crossed a line, but given the same circumstances, Booth was unsure of what he would have done, to protect his own.

"So you and DR. Brennen, huh?" Sweets was smiling at him, with that annoying, knowing smile, that he always had, when discussing Brennnen with him.

"Not now Sweets, you can disect it later, under your toy microscope." Booth enjoyed the digs that referred to Sweet's age, it was the only thing that got under his skin.

"Hey, Sweetie, I was heading to the ladies room, want to join?" Angela motioned with her shoulder to the restroom.

"Sure, Ang."

Once they were out of earshot, "How was it, was it as good, as I thought, spill Brenn, you know, I deserve this" she paused, and took a breath, "ahhhh, Sweetie, I'm so happy for you two."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:08 am

"Ang," Brennen looked at her, her voice sounded a little odd, "it was everything that I ever thought it could be, and more." she gave Ang, a teary smile.

Ang reached out and pulled Brennen into her embrace. "I'm just so happy for you Bren, its everything I've always wanted for you." she sniffled.

"I'm still processing it, myself, Ange." she looked at her, "me and Booth." she was at a loss for words...

"So, this means, your together?" Ang prompted her for an answer. "together together, right?"

Brennen nodded her head, and Ang hugged her again, "I just can't believe this."

Brennen still couldn't believe it either. Booth. Booth, and her, together. It should seem odd, but it didn't. They had fit perfectly in each other's arms, as if they had been created to be together.

"Well, believe it, Angela." it was Booth. After waiting with Sweets, and Max a few minutes, he had decided to look for Brennen, he thought she'd been gone too long.

He'd found them sitting on a bench, outside the ladies room. Their heads were bent close to each other talking. Angela was giving Brennen a teary hug.

He reached out, and picked up Bones' hand, and pulled her up. Putting his arm around her, he bent and gave her a sweet kiss. "you okay?" he asked, her eyes were teary.

"Fine, Booth."

"Awwwwwwwwwww." Ang was looking up at them, "I'm just so happy for you, two." sniffleing, she reached up and gave both of them a hug.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by booth fan Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:19 am

Booth is such a cutie! I love the comment about Max.
booth fan
booth fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:46 pm

"I'll let you two love birds have a few minutes, before the recess is over." Angela gave them both a watery smile, "I'll go find, Hodgins."

When Angela had disappeared around the corner, Booth sat down next to Brennen. "You know, you keep kissing me all the time, your going to get tired of it." Brennen looked into Booth's eyes.

"That," he brought her hand up to his lips, "is never going to happen. I will never be tired of kissing you." and he kissed her again.

"Well, now, what do we have here?" Caroline had come around the corner. Its about time. She knew from the first minute she saw Booth and Brennen together, that they had "something" going on. She'd been in New Orleans working on a case, when Booth had contacted her, those years ago. He had literally begged her for help.

When she had met Dr. Brennen the first time, she hadn't understood how their relationship worked. Dr. Brennen had seemed aloof and cold, not the kind of woman she would have thought would have attracted Sealy Booth.

The more she got to know Dr. Brennen, the more she understood their friendship. She had seen first hand the kind of woman Dr. Brennen was. She'd knew that Dr. Brennen and Booth relied on each other, not only as partners, but as something more than friends, too.

She had even manipulated a few circumstances, to get them together. She had been disppointed when it hadn't worked. But hadn't given up the thought, that these two were meant for each other. Cupid wasn't her ideal role, but she was game, if need be. Now, it looked like, they had done it on their own. Of course, making Brennen read those letters on the stand, seemed to help. Considering there was nothing relevant in those letter, that had anything to do with the trial. Just a little tweak here and there, and the rest they did on their own. Yes, she was good attorney, but she was an excellent manipulator.

"Recess is about over." she looked at her watch, almost time to go back to work. She raised her brow at Booth, and walked around the corner.

"You ready Bones?" He stood, and offered her, his hand.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:13 am

She sat behind the table. She had noticed how the doctor kept looking over at her. She could feel the hate pouring from his eyes. Just to goad him on, she gave him a little smirk. She noticed the tightening of his jaw, when he clenched his teeth, the narrowing of his eyes, directed straight at her. It made her want to laugh. But, she would maintain her demeanor, she couldn't and wouldn't give in the temptation of bragging or laughing at them.

They thought it was almost over. She knew differently, she was just biding her her time.

"There, Angela, did you see that?" Hodgins nudged Angela's shoulder. "She's laughing at us."

"Hodgin's your being paranoid." Angela leaned forward to get a view of the defendent.

Angela knew that Jack had personally been affronted by the gravedigger. He harbored alot of anger toward her. Brennen had been able to put it behind her, but Hodgins had not. She knew, he still had nightmares, about being buried alive. He'd even been compelled to see Sweets, about it. That alone, told Angela how troubled Jack was. Time, usually had a way of lessening ones' anger, but it had not been the case with Hodgins. His anger had driven him, to violate the law, and tamper with evidence. He had rationalized it by trying to convince himself, he was the victim. But, he had lost sight, of the other victims, that hadn't survived, at the hands of the gravedigger.

That's why it was so important that everything be done right, that they put away the gravedigger. If she got off, because of Jack, she wasn't sure how he would fare thru that.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:43 am

They still had a few minutes before court resumed. Booth led Brennen into the courtroom. He saw Miss Julian, at the prosecution's table, she caught his eye, and motioned for him.

"Hey, Bones, " he was leading her to where Angela and Hodgins were already seated. "Caroline, wants to talk to me, be back, in a few minutes."

He walked over to where she was flipping thru her notes. "Caroline?"

"Hey, Cherie, just giving you the heads up, I'm planning on putting you on the stand."

"I figured."

"Glad to see you and the good Doctor, getting along so nicely." she looked up at him.

"Couldn't do it without you, Caroline." he smiled at her, referring to the letters.

"It was a little more subtle than the mistletoe, don't cha think, Cherie?" Booth just looked at her, mostly in awe. He had yet, to learn, to never underestimate, Caroline Julian.

"Go to your lady Doctor, I'l be calling you in a few minutes."

"Thank you, Caroline," for everything, he thought, and meant it.

He returned to her side, "Everything okay, Booth?" Brennen looked up at him, as he sat beside her.

"Yea, she was letting me knew what was up." he looked at her. Still, not quite believing, they were together. He picked up her hand, "she's going to put me on the stand."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:44 am

Across town, at the local No-Tell Motel, a man sat. He was slumped in the only chair, a thread bare recliner, that has seen better days, a decade ago. A forgotten cigarette, was burning up in the ash try, his eyes glued to the TV.

A local reporter was giving her opinion about the trial going on, at the downtown courthouse. They showed a clip, of Dr. Brennen arriving at the courthouse. She was being led thru a gauntlet of reporters by her FBI Agent. Each reporter, sticking a microphone in their faces, asking them questions, trying to get them to comment on the Gravedigger case.

He picked up his cigarette, took the last drag and crushed it out. He leaned back and flipped open the recliner, putting his feet up. Laughing at himself, he thought back to how this all began, five years ago...................................................

He'd made a mistake, and now he was sitting in a police interrogation room. He looked up at the mirrored wall, and smirked at it.

The door opened, and a woman, carrying a sheaf of papers walked in. She sat down across from him, and flipped open a file, that had his name on it.

"I'm the assistant district attorney."

"I know who you are."

"Blackmail, extortion, bribery, attempted murder, "she ran down the list. "It looks like you will be going to jail, for a long, long time, Mr. Wallace."

She looked at him, studied him. Her back was to the wall. She looked down at the file, "former military, section eight discharge. I see you had a few problems," she commented, looking back up at him.

"So...............your point."

She reached into her bag, and pulled out a small device. She sat it directly in front of her, and flipped a small switch on the side. "Do you know what that is, Mr. Wallace."

He'd seen something like it before, in the army. It was a device designed to interrupt recordings.

"I know what it is." this is interesting.

"I have a proposition for you, Mr. Wallace."

"I'm listening." he looked at her.

"What if the evidence in your case, suddenly went missing." a pause, "what if the only witness to your crime, disappeared?"

"Sounds like, if those two things happened, then they wouldn't have much of a case against me."

"I would agree with you, IF those two things occurred." she gave him a tight smile.

"Hypothetically, of course, if those two events did occur, you could be released, as early as tomorrow."

This is too good, to be true, he thought.

"I see here, you like money."

"Doesn't everybody?" he asked.

"Not everyone, not like you do." she paused, leaned in closer, "and not like I do."

"Tomorrow, your charges will be dropped, Mr. Wallace."

"Just Wallace, and I'm guessing, I'm going to be hearing from you?"

"Most certainly, and soon." she took a breath, "I have some plans for you, Wallace."

He was definately interested.

She reached out, a flipped the tiny switch on the device, before sliding it into her bag.

"Mr. Wallace." she was taking her leave.

"Hey, didn't catch your name."

"Heather Taffett, and I will be in touch." and she was gone.

True to her word, the charges were dropped, when the evidence disappeared, and the only witness, turned up face down in the gutter. He was released the very next day.

When she called, he was ready. He listened while she detailed a plan. A very plauseable plan, that would make them both alot of money.

An announcement on TV, brought him back to the present. The reporter mentioned, that Special FBI Agent, Sealy Booth, was on the list of witnesses for the day.

Yep, it was all going according to plan. He rubbed his hands together in anticipation, he was ready.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:35 pm

"All rise." everyone stood.

"Miss Julian, are you ready?" inquired the judge.

"I am, your Honor. The prosecution call Special Agent Sealy ."

Releasing Brennen's hand, Booth stood, and made his way forward.

After he was sworn in, he climbed into the witness stand.

"Special Agent Sealy Booth." Miss Julian, began,"you are a man of much experience, in law enforcement?"

"I've been in the FBI, for over ten years." he qualified her question.

"Relevance, your honor?" the defendents attorney stood up.

"I'm getting to that, your honor."

"Carry on, Miss Julian, but get to the point." the judge looked at her.

"My point is, Agent Booth, you have dealt with kidnappers, and murderers, before the gravedigger case, correct Agent Booth?"

"Yes."

"So, when Dr.s Brennen, and Hodges, were taken, where
were you?"

"I was having dinner, at a restraunt."

"By yourself?"

"No, I was with a friend." He knew, Brennen knew, about his relationship with Cam, but he certainly did like talking about it, in front of her.

"Who, Agent Booth, were you with?"

"Dr. Saroyan."

"So, during a dinner, with Dr. Saroyan, you received word, that Dr. Brennen, and Dr. Hodgins were taken?"

"Yes, I got a call from the gravedigger, stating that he had Dr. Brennen and Dr. Hodgins."

"How did you know it was the Gravedigger?"she asked

"The gravedigger stated the demands, and said that it would be the final call, and if the demands weren't met, we would never see, Dr. Brennen, and Dr. Hodgins, again."

"So, Agent Booth, what did you do?"

"I immediately called the Director of the FBI,and informed him. I then, headed over to the Jeffersonian."

"And then..........."she prompted.

"We began intensifying our investigation, and looking over any existing evidence that we already had. I set up a meeting with the Board members of the Cantor/Lever group, hoping that they would put up the money, for the ransom."

"And did they, give you the money?"

"NO, they said it was against policy, without proof of life. They're hands were tied."

"So, Agent Booth, your saying, you did not have the ransom money, you did not know who the gravedigger was, and you did not know where Dr. Brennen, or Dr. Hodgins, was being held?" she waited.

"Yes."

"It was pretty hopeless, Agent Booth?"

"I never stopped trying to find them." He looked up at Brennen.

"Then what happened, Agent Booth?"

"The squints, kept going over the evidence,I had gone back to the Hoover, we had analyst going over, different scenerios, trying to find something, for us to go on."

"Yes."

"I was in my office, when I received a text message."

"Who was it from?"

"It was from Dr. Brennen's phone."

"What did it say?"

"It was just numbers. It didn't make sense to me, so I took it to the Jeffersonian. I had the scientist trying to figure it out."

"And did they, figure it out, I mean?"

"Dr. Addy, figured it out."

"What did he figure out, Agent Booth."

"He figured out the the numbers, hadn't come from Dr.Brennen, but Dr. Hodgins. Dr. Hodgins specialty is dirt, so he assumed it referred to that. He narrowed it down to a small area in Virgina."

"And that's where you found Dr. Brennen, and Dr. Hodgins."

"Yes, when they set the charge off, we were able to tell
where they were."

"And you saved them, Agent Booth?"

"We all saved them, all of us."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:33 pm

"So, Agent Booth, Dr. Brennen, and Dr. Hodgins, were safe."

"Yes."

"Fast forward a year or so later. To the night of Dr. Brennen's awards banquet, do your remember that night." Miss Julian looked at him.

"Yes, I remember."

"Tell us what happened, that night."

"Dr. Brennen, and I had just finished working a case. I had been at the Hoover Building, doing some paperwork."

"So you were not together, that night?"

"No, after I had finished with my paperwork, it was getting late. I called Dr. Brennen, and told her, that I would have to meet her at the banquet, instead of meeting up, with her at the Jeffersonian."

"She was at the Jeffersonian?"

"Yes, she was there, with the others. They were all going to go to the banquet, together."

"And then........"

"I had to go home, and get dressed."

"Go on......" Miss Julian prompted him.

"I was done getting dressed, when my door bell rang........and I don't remember anything after that, until I woke up."

"And where did you wake up at, Agent Booth."

"When I woke up, I didn't know where I was, except I was crammed into some kind of container." his voice sounded angry. He looked out, and saw Brennen, she gave him a little nod of encouragement.

"What did you do, Agent Booth?"

"The container, I was in, was pretty small. I couldn't stand, so I had to lay on my back, and was able to force open the container with my feet. "

"And what was the container, Agent Booth."

"It was a child sized submarine." he replyed.

"Ironic, given the fact that the defendent worked at a aquarium, isn't Agent Booth."

"Objection, your honor, she's leading the witness."

"Miss Julian, you will refrain, from doing that." he gave Miss Julian a hard look. "And strike that from the record. I am informing the jury to ignore that last statement."

"Sorry your honor, won't happen again." Miss Julian didn't do contrite very well.

"So, Agent Booth, you forced your way out of the child size submarine, and where were you?"

"I was unsure at first, but after a while, I figured out, I was on some kind of ship."

"So, having no idea how you got there, and having no idea, who put you there, you realized you were on a ship. Where was this ship?"

"I had no idea, but, I knew we were on the water."

"And how did you know that, Agent Booth?"

"In an effort to escape, I had turned some hatches, and had flooded the room, I was in, with water."

"So, now, after having escaped from the container, you were now in a room that was being flooded?"

"Yes, I managed to climp up to a higher level, where I found another hatch. I found I could open it."

"So you escaped thru the hatch,"she asked.

"Yes."

"And then......"

"I began searching for a way to get off the boat. I was trying to move upward, toward the deck. "

"and did you find the deck?"

"Eventually, but first, I found the ship was wired to blow up. I tried to diffuse the bomb."

"Did you succeed?"

"No." he sighed, "I knew, there wasn't alot of time, left. I knew that Dr. Brennen, was looking for me. I knew, I had to get to the deck, I figured I could take me chances in the water, I had a better shot at making it, rather than being blown up on the ship."

"And did you go into the water, that day, Agent Booth?"

"No, Dr. Brennen, discovered where I was. She came out on a FBI helicopter, and got me." He looked up at Brennen, and saw her wipe away a tear.

"Thank you Agent Booth. Your honor, I'm done with this witness."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:09 am

"I have some questions, your honor."

"Proceed, Mr. James." Judge Merick urged him.

Mason James, attorney at law, had never defended anyone in a case such as this, before. He'd taken it on, for the noteriety, and the hopes of boosting his legal career.
He had found, that he did not like his client, Heather Taffett. He would do the best of his ability, to defend her, but it was not required that he like her. She had told him, she was innocent,he had no choice, but to believe her, after all she was his client.

"Agent Booth."he paused."the night you were taken, from
your apartment, did you see my client?"

"No."

"Agent Booth, Miss Julian, brought up earlier, that you have been in the FBI for over ten years, correct?"

"Yes."

"And before that you were in the army?"

"Objection your honor, relevance?" Miss Julian didn't like where this was going.

"I'm getting to that, your honor."

"Continue,"judge replied.

"In the army, what did you do?"

"I was in the Rangers."

"Rangers, Agent Booth. Isn't that special forces?"

"Yes."

"Correct me, if I'm mistaken, Agent Booth, aren't the special forces teams, the best of the best. The most trained, the most skilled?"

"Yes."

"What did you do in the Rangers, Agent Booth?"

"I was a sniper."

"Agent Booth, I want you to look at my client."

Booth looked at her, trying not to let his loathing, show on his face.

"How much would you say she weighs, Agent Booth?"

"Objection your honor!" Miss Julian was standing.

"On what grounds, Miss Julian?"

"Where's he going with this?"she was annoyed.

"Get to the point, Mr. James." The judge gave him a warning.

"Agent Booth, you testified earlier, that you, were taken from your apartment."

"Yes."

"Your 2nd story apartment?"

"Yes."

"How much do you weigh, Agent Booth?"

Booth looked at Caroline, he didn't like where this was going either.

"Answer the question, Agent Booth." directed the Judge.

"I guess around 180 give or take 5 pounds."

"Hmmmmmmmm, that is interesting, Agent Booth. My client, by the way weighs 160 pounds."a pause."So, according, to the prosecution," he was looking at the jury."a woman who weighs 160 pounds, managed to walk into Agent Booth's apartment, subdue him, knock him out, and then carry him, out his window, down two fire escapes, and somehow put him inside a toy submarine, aboard a abandoned ship, ready for demoliton?"he gave a long dramatic pause, for effect."All of this to a Army trained sniper?" he snorted, in disbelief.

"Your honor," Miss Julian interrupted.

"Mr. James, lose the sound effects."

"Of course, your honor."

"Agent Booth, wasn't it around this time, that you discovered you had a brain tumor?"

Booth looked at Caroline.

"Objection, your honor."a very animated Miss Julian, stood up."Relevance."

"Mr. James, where are you going with this." Judge Merick
was starting to get testy.

"Just a bit of leeway here, your honor, and I will show you the relevance."

"Make it quick, Mr. James."

"Agent Booth, I'll repeat the question, were you suffering from a brain tumor, unbeknowst to you at the time?"

"I wasn't suffereing anything. Mr. James." Booth was starting to get snippy.

"Let me reword it for you, Agent Booth. Did you have a brain tumor?"

A long pause, "Yes."

"And did your brain tumor cause you any curious side effects?"

Booth cleared his throat, "side effects?"

"Yea, side effects, perhaps like, seeing things that weren't there, perhaps, like mini submarines or seeing people that weren't there, like dead army buddies,that kind of thing?"

"I had some hallucinations, yes. But the mini submarine was real. It was there, and I was in it."

"No one else saw the submarine, only you, Agent Booth, and you were already suffereing from the effects of your brain tumor, how can you be sure?"

"I'm sure." Booth was really getting annoyed, he hadn't
anticipated anything to do with his brain tumor, coming
into play, during this trial.

"So, in your opinion, Agent Booth, it was possible, for my client, a 160 woman, to sneak up on you, a Army Ranger trained sniper, knock you out, and haul you out your window, all by herself? And have no witness, to any of this?"

"During my time, in the FBI, I have found, almost, any
thing is possible."

"Don't you live above a liquor store, Agent Booth? A very busy liquor store?"

"Yes."

"It's Saturday night, most liquor store I've seen, are pretty busy on a Saturday night. How is it possible, that a woman, carrying a 185 pound man, out a window, down two flights of a fire escape, would go unnoticed by the patrons of the liquor store?"

"I don't know, how it went unnoticed."

"Maybe it was because you were suffering from the effects of the brain tumor." Mr. James looked at him.

"Objection, YOUR honor, please."

"Sorry, your honor, I withdraw the question. I am finished with this witness."

"Mr. James, I'm going to give you one warning, no shenanigans, in my court."

"Of course, your honor."

"Let's break for lunch." and he rose from the bench.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:50 pm

Time to go to work.

He slipped his feet into the black boots, that was standard, with the uniform. His uniform was pristine. Corners ironed sharp, each button, meticulously done up. His pants had sharp creases
ironed into them. He looked into the mirror. He turned this way, and that, taking stock of his appearance. He was an attractive guy, not overly handsome but, attractive. Sharp blue eyes, medium build, intelligent mind, definately better than average. But, even better, than that, he looked normal, he could blend in, in any kind of crowd, and not be noticed.

He had transferred in as the new guy. He showed up for work on time, never late, never sick, perhaps, the most reliable of all of them. He never gave them cause to doubt anything.

He bent, and picked up his name tag. He leaned forward, and
pinned it on his uniform, he did the same with his badge.

Shift change, happened after lunch, it was time to go to work.

He walked out the front door, turned to lock it. "Hey, Wally." It was the druggie next door. That was a problem, when you lived in a seedy motel, on the wrong side of town, you didn't have good neighbors. "you got a twenty, I can bum?"

"Sorry, man, late for work." he strode off, heading to the parking lot. He unlocked his van, and climbed in.

He had an agenda to keep.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Mon May 03, 2010 6:57 am

Upon the announcement for the break, the courtroom burst into noise, and chaos. It seemed every person had stood, and began talking at once.

Booth wasted no time, getting down from the stand, he rushed over to the prosecution's table.

"Caroline, what the hell?" he was angry.

"Calm down, Cherie." Caroline was annoyed. "He's trying to discredit your testimony, and doing a fine job, too." She really had her homework cut out for her.

"Booth." Brennen had walked up from behind, she laid a comforting hand on Booth's shoulder. He pulled her to his side, and felt his nerves calm a bit.

"You two, go to lunch." Caroline was being bossy. She picked up her papers, and files, slid them into her brief case, and snapped it closed. "I've still got work to do." She strode out, with a purpose.

As Booth, and Brennen stepped out of the courtroom door, they were bombarded with their friends."Who the hell, does that dude, think he is." Hodgins was going off. All of them, seem to talk at once.

"Sweetie," Angela interrupted, "we're all going to lunch at the diner, want to join?"

"Angela,"Booth motioned her over, "would you mind, if Bones, and I, went to lunch, alone, there's some stuff, that we still need to talk about." He gave her his puppy dog eyes, and pouty lip.

"You think your cute, don't you?" she asked him with a grin.

"little bit." which caused her to laugh out loud.

"Alright, come on guys, we'll meet up with Booth, and Bren, after lunch." she turned and gave Booth a wink.

"Booth, what's going on, aren't you hungry."

"Starved, we're going to your place, for lunch, Bones."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Mon May 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Booth pulled into Brennen's parking lot. He walked around and opened the door for Brennen. "We're here." She stepped out of his vehicle, and his arms cames around her. She looked up into his eyes.

"Booth?" He bent his head, to hers. It was a simple kiss, a sweet and gentle, making her heart flutter.

Putting his hand on her back, he guided her into the building. She reached out, and pushed the up button on the elevator. Almost immediately, it slid open. They both stepped in together. His hand, holding hers, they let the elevator take them up, without saying a word.

The elevator stopped, the doors slid open. Booth, led her to her apartment door, where she fished around in her purse, until she found her keys. She inserted her key into the lock, and turned it. Booth pushed open the door, with the heel of his hand.

They both stepped inside, he pushed the door closed. They stood for a minute, and looked at each other. Very slowly, Booth reached out, with his hands, and brushed a locke of hair back, behind her shoulders.

"Are you hungry Booth?" her soft voice sounded very loud in the silence.

"Bones, I'm starved." He pushed her up against the wall, crushing her mouth with his. She opened her mouth for him, letting him in. "God, Bones,"he groaned in her ear. He pushed his face into her neck, inhaling deeply, her smell drove him crazy. "You smell so good." He began placing wet kisses deep in her neck, roaming around around until he could feel her pulse pounding.

Brennen reached around, and pulled his shirt out of his pants. Her hands roamed up, and over his back. She ran her fingers around his sides, to his stomach. When she touched him , she could feel his muscles quiver. She ran her hands from his stomach, up to his chest. She loved the feel of his chest, hard, and muscled.

She reached up, with both hands, and grasped his tie. It made him pull his head away from her neck. She pulled him closer to her, and stretched her face out to him, reaching for a kiss. Booth bent his head, and swooped in, for one of the mind altering kisses, he was so good at. His tongue moved deep, slanting across her, mouth, over, and over. His tongue dueling with hers.

Stopping to take a breath, he pulled her into his arms, "Bones." he whispered her name, against her ear. He pulled away from her, and with his heart pounding, he grasped her hand, and pulled her into her bedroom.

They reached her room, and closed the door behind them.

Booth reached out, and pulled Brennen to him. He reached out, and slipped one of her buttons, holding her shirt closed free. He did it again and again, until her shirt hung completely open, he pushed if off of her shoulders.

He bent, and kissed her neck. She arched her neck, giving him more access. His hands roamed her back, touching her soft skin. He found her bra, and in a second it was gone. He stepped back, and looked at her, standing there, in front of him. Still in her black skirt, and heels, she stood there, letting him look at her.

"You are so beautiful." Booth said, while he just looked at her. He reached out, and touched her with one hand, "and so soft." She just stood and looked at him. She reached around behind herself, and unhooked her skirt, letting it fall to the ground. She bent over, and one leg at a time, slipped off the rest. She stood before him, only in her heels.

Booth, thought, he might actually be having a heart attack, his chest was pounding, so hard.

She reached out, and unbuttoned his shirt, slowly, and when they were all undone, she pushed it off of his shoulders. She reached down, and pulled the undershirt, up and over his head. She pushed him down on the bed, where he sat facing her. She fell on her knees, her face even, with his chest. She bent her head, and touched her lips to his chest. She peppered kisses all over his chest, and stomach, leaving him gasping.

"Ah, Bones," he couldn't take much more. He stood up, and she reached out, and undid his belt buckle, and pulled, it slid out, with a hiss. He reached down and pushed off his pants. Now, he was naked as she.

He reached down, and grasped her by the arms, and pulled her on top of him, onto the bed. He then rolled, until he was on top of her. "Bones," he whispered. He hovered over her, on his elbows. Even though, this was new, she already knew what he wanted. He wanted her to look at him, the very moment, when he merged with her. She turned her face up to look deep in his eyes, and he surged forward, taking them somewhere else, together.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 pm

He parked his van in the employee parking, located behind the courthouse. As he walked toward the courthouse, he noticed they had security barriers up.

"Hello, officer." as he approached the barricade.

He opened his long coat, exposing his uniform. "You got I.D.?" the young police officer looked at him.

"Sure," he handed him his security badge.

"You can go on in." he stepped around the barricade.

"Thanks, guess I'm going to earn my pay, today, huh?" he grinned, good naturedly as he stepped around the barricade.

"They are pulling out all the stops,for this one." the young officer smiled back at him.

He made his way to the side doors of the court house. He walked in, "Hey, Wally. Hope your ready, it's been pretty crazy today." the security officer was sitting behind a table, checking names off of his clip board, "They want everyone, to sign in, today." He pushed the clipboard across the table.

"Hey, I'm always prepared," and laughed back at him.

He bent, and signed his name.

"How's the trial going?" he stood up.

"It's going. They've broke for lunch, a few mnutes, ago."

"Guess I'd better go punch in, then. Don't want to be late." not today, anyway.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Wed May 05, 2010 3:19 am

"Bones, why can't we stay here forever, just like this? It would be perfect, you, me, no clothes, in your bed." he bent his head and gave her a simple but sweet kiss.

Brennen, sat Indian style on her bed, next to Booth. " Because, we can't, we still have court, "she looked at her watch, "in an hour."

She had already gotten up, and put a t shirt on. Which, in Booth's estimation, made her incredibly sexy. She'd brought a plate of fruit in, from the kitchen, and popped a grape into Booth's mouth.

He chewed thoughtfully, for a minute, not saying anything. Brennen looked up, when he became so quiet. "I love you." she said it. She'd said it without him prompting her to do it. She'd said it without him saying it, first.

He looked at her, and smiled. "I love you." He pulled her into his arms, "God, what a collasal waste of time."

She lifted her head up, "What was?" .

"Me, and you, not being, me and you. All this time........" he sighed. "Do you know what it was like watching you, with other guys. It was the hardest thing, just watching you be with them."

"I didn't really like seeing you with Cam. "

"You didn't act like it," he looked at her.

"Well, I didn't." he smiled at her.

"Good, glad to hear it, Bones."

She bit into an apple slice, and offered a piece to Booth. "Do you got any real food around here, Bones, I'm starved. You worked up my appetite." his eyes twinkled at her.

"Sure, I can make you a salad.."

"Bones, by real food, I mean, meat. You know protein, a man got to keep up his strength."

"I have some tofu."

"Real food, Bones, not that fake stuff."

"Tofu is real, Booth, it high in vitam.........." she didn't get to complete her sentence, before she started laughing hysterically. Booth was tickleing her.

"Did you just giggle, Bones?" he looked at her.

"I don't think so, Booth."

"I think so, Bones, that was definately a giggle."

"NO, Booth, I do NOT giggle." he tickled her again.

"Bones, that was definately a giggle."

"That was a laugh, Booth, I do not giggle."

"The great Dr. Temperance Brennen giggled."

"Booth, I told you I do not giggle." she said, laughing hysterically.

And he tickled her some more.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Wed May 05, 2010 10:51 pm

They rode the elevator down, hands entwined.

Sighing deeply, "Why can't this all be over with, Bones?"

"Is that a rhetorical question, Booth? Because time travel isn't possible."

"Yes, it was rhetorical." Booth smiled. "Sometimes, you just don't get it, Bones. That's okay, you have me now, and I always get it." He rested his forhead on hers, and kissed the tip of her nose.

"At least we had a pleasant lunch." he grinned at her.

"That, we can both agree on," Brennen smiled up at him.

Stepping out of the elevator, they made their way to Booth's vehicle.

Booth slid in next to her, to drive, and his stomach made a low growling noise.

"Booth, I told you, you should have eaten something."

"I like real food, Bones."

"Tofu is real food. It is highly nutritious.

"I don't care how nutritious it is, Bones, I don't eat bean turds."

"Bean curds, Booth."

"Not to me." he loved bickering with her. Now if only the rest of the day went as well as his lunch break.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Thu May 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Arriving at the courthouse, Booth led Brennen thru the line of reporters. Each one, yelling questions, or asking for comments.

"Agent Booth, how does it feel, knowing you were kidnapped by a woman?" a paticularly bold reporter, stepped out in front of them, wouldn't move.

Brennen, felt Booth's arm stiffen, with the question, and then when the reporter boldly stepped in their path, Booth stepped in front of her. He pulled her to a stop, behind him, and looked deep into the reporters eyes, "I would move, if I were you." in a low tone.

The reporter, visibly swallowed, and quickly stepped aside, allowing Booth and Brennen to pass. He then led her up the steps, where they found Angela, and Hodgins waiting for them.

"Sweetie, its crazy, can you believe all this." Ang waved her hand towards the reporters.

They all turned and walked into the courthouse. Angela, led by Hodgins, Brennen, led by Booth. They repeated the earlier routine of going thru the metal detectors, while Booth, once again, went around, and had to check his gun in. The security guard, at the table, pushed a clip board towards him. "You can pick up, after court is finished for the day, Agent Booth." Booth signed the neccessary paperwork.

Booth, nodded his head at the guard, "yea, I know, still don't like it."

The guard acknowledged him with a chuckle, "Yea, I know what you mean, I wouldn't like it either." today, anyway.

Booth turned back, to wait for Brennen. When they had all made it thru the line, they headed towards the courtroom, where they found Cam already seated. "Hey guys." Cam looked at them.

They all sat. Angela leaned into Brennen's ear,"Hey Bren, what did you two do for lunch?"

"Why, Ang?" Brennen whispered back.

"Can't help but notice, sweetie, that you aren't wearing that sexy black skirt anymore. Did you have a wardrobe malfunction?" she was smiling.

"You could say that, Ang." with a Mona Lisa smile. Which made Angela smile. She looked at Brennen, and realized, in all the years, that they had been friends, she had never seen Brennen this happy, which made her happy. Better late than never, she thought.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Sat May 08, 2010 12:46 am

She sat in a holding room, behind a locked door. She looked down at herself, her hands cuffed, and her feet chained. She was waiting for her attorney.

When she picked him, she had no idea, what kind of attorney he was. He was just a tool to her, a way to reach the end. Yet, he had proven, to be a decent attorney. He had pretty much, made the jury doubt, everything that idiot agent testified to on the stand. A miniature submarine, really, who in their right mind would believe that. And Dr. Brennen, she was annoying. Up there garnering sympathy, from the jury.

The door opened, and her attorney walked in, "Hello Heather." He held the door open for a guard to enter.

Not one for small talk, she gave him a nod.

He motioned to the guard, "would you mind taking those cuffs off, please."

"Sure, thing." the guard moved to remove the cuffs. They didn't allow them in the courtroom. The guard bent over, and slipped the key, into her ankle chains, and one at a time, they fell to the floor. He stood in front of her, and lifted his hands to her wrists. He grasped her hands, and stroked her lightly with his pinky. She looked up, into steely blue eyes. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her attorney's head was bent, looking at notes. She looked up, and narrowed her eyes at him. And in return, he gave a barely perceptible nod.

"Thank you,......" her attorney waited for him to give his name.

"Wally, sir. Just Wally."

"You can go now, I need to talk with my client alone."

"Of course." he backed up and stepped out of the room, and closed the door behind him.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Sat May 08, 2010 12:47 am

Booth, seated next to Brennen, stood up, when Caroline came into the court room.

"I'm going to go talk to Caroline, for a minute, Bones."

He made his way down, to the prosecution's table. "Caroline." she wasn't her normal composed self. "What's going on?"

"Trying to perform miracles, Cheri."

"What are you saying?" Booth sat down next to her.

"I"m saying, we're in trouble." she blew out a deep breath. "Our hands are tied, due to the squints compromising all that evidence."

"I can't believe out of all that evidence....."

"Cheri, I told you, none of that evidence matters. It was all compromised. First, Dr. Hodgins, then Dr. Brennen, your brother certainly didn't help. Not to mention, the fact that they searched her personal property, with a illegally obtained search warrant, nothing in there can be used to prosecute her. We are and were completely reliant upon, Dr. Brennen and your testimony. Now that so-called defense attorney, has put into question your testimony, bringing up your brain tumor, and all."

"Are you saying, there's a chance she could walk?" Booth was stunned.

"Keep your fingers crossed, Cheri, we're going to need it."

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next