Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What could have been...

+2
jenlovesbones
empiricist
6 posters

:: News

Go down

What could have been... Empty What could have been...

Post by empiricist Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:02 am

I did a search on Google, and I came up with the following web site. It is when Hart had this show in the pipeline. A couple of paragraphs above, this site mentioned that David was supposed to be doing another show for abc. Brennan's name was not supposed to be Brennan either. Some of you might have seen this at some point, but it is really interesting how things turned out.

The site is below. You have to scroll down more than half way, and then a David Boreanaz project is listed, and a couple more paragraphs it mentions the new FOX project with a forensic anthropologist as the lead. No mention of a FBI agent.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I don't know how to link this directly, so if anyone does, have at it.
Just to think, there may have never been a Booth and Brennan.

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

What could have been... Empty Re: What could have been...

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:18 am

I heard these informations when I first heard about the show. I'm happy they changed it. It has become the best show ever XD

Back to top Go down

Post by jenlovesbones Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:21 am

Marjorie Miles just doesn't have the same sound as Temperance Brennen... Smile

jenlovesbones
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 45
Say What You Want : I <3 Bones, and I'm so happy to find other people who do too to discuss! I'm @jenlovesbones on Twitter now too!
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by forensicduck Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:35 am

It was very amusing to read this! Smile I love the name Marjorie too. Smile But Dr. Brennan just sounds a little better than Dr. Miles. Marjorie Brennan. Or Temperance Miles? Laughing
forensicduck
forensicduck

Number of posts : 7
Say What You Want : You can call me 'forensicduck', F. Duck, or those who actually know me can call me 'ducky'. There are some people who call me 'duck' too.

You know what? Screw it. Call me whatever you want.
Registration date : 2010-03-25

http://www.twitter.com/forensicduck

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:54 am

That makes sense because hart says originally he wasn't going to have ONE FBI agent with her but several that would rotate and then when they signed david on they changed it to one because they could only see him in the role or something.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:15 am

tinkrella wrote:That makes sense because hart says originally he wasn't going to have ONE FBI agent with her but several that would rotate and then when they signed david on they changed it to one because they could only see him in the role or something.
I love that little bit of trivia, but it wasn't just one FBI Agent, it was that he hadn't planned on limiting her to just the FBI. The Booth character was intended to be one of several recurring "lead investigators" that would call on her services. There were plans for Homeland Security, the CIA, the Department of Interior - all sorts of organizations - to use "The Jeffersonain" to help solve a mystery - pretty much the way Kathy Reichs novels have Tempe Brennan working with multiple investigators. I think the theory was that would make it easier for them to write her investigating things across country or evey out of the country, where as with Booth she'd be stuck in the DC area.

In fact if you look at the first three episodes after the pilot you can see how they would have been handled: Man in the SUV was to be DHS (the agent was still in the story), A Boy in the Tree was to be Booth (FBI), and The Man in the Bear was meant for a US Wild Life Special Agent (Yes, they have them too!). It's said that when the network saw the pre-pilot demo scene between Emily and David, they liked the chemistry so much they nixed the idea of rotating male leads, and pushed HH to make it just about Booth & Brennan. Interesting note, in HH's original envisioning of the mutli agent/investigator version the character of Booth was to become Brennan's love interest. I imagine the UST would have been replaced then with a mix of UST (when they were apart), jealousy, and regular sexual chemistry. So we got a great show, but us shippers suffer long term. Rolling Eyes

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 am

That is VERY interesting. I am glad they decided to go they way they have....and I agree with Rob...us shippers suffer in the long run. But, you have to admit, HH did an AWESOME show!! Even if he had to be forced to do ti this way.

I also like the way the series loosely follows KR's character. I think it makes it more believable...and has probably created a whole dofferent fan base for her.

Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum