Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Guide's Own Shocker! Ausiello is off to Entertainment Weekly!

:: News

Go down

TV Guide's Own Shocker! Ausiello is off to Entertainment Weekly! Empty TV Guide's Own Shocker! Ausiello is off to Entertainment Weekly!

Post by ehbee Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 am

Marymageli says:
Now, it's not strictly BONES-related news, only indirectly that TV Guide's own Michael Ausiello, the gossip master is leaving only to start working at Entertainment Weekly. I must say his departure seems to be all of a sudden since this morning he published his newest scoops on shows with no signs of him leaving.

And what has his departure got to do with BONES? Well, his column will be taken over by someone, that's for sure. We'll just have to wait. I would actually quite like if it was Matt Roush since he is a genuine fan of the show. I can only hope one thing. Whoever the newbie of this column be, let him/her be a fan of BONES. Amen.

Another publicist of TV Guide, Ausiello's long-term friend, Matt Mitovich calls now Ausiello a "frenemy" - blend of friend and enemy - to describe Ausiello's step. Good wording considering the status of both publications.

If you are interested in Ausiello's parting words, below is the link to his - former - report blog.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 728
Say What You Want : A pregnant goldfish is called a 'twit'
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

TV Guide's Own Shocker! Ausiello is off to Entertainment Weekly! Empty Re: TV Guide's Own Shocker! Ausiello is off to Entertainment Weekly!

Post by ehbee Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:39 am

Marymageli says: Wow, I didn't know TV Guide is and has been in trouble for a while and the fact itself had a great factor behind Ausiello's departure for EW. Check out TV Squad's article about what's going on with TV Guide.

Michael Ausiello leaves TV Guide for Entertainment Weekly
We've been hearing rumblings, published and otherwise, that TV Guide was in trouble, especially the venerable print edition. Earlier this month, for instance, the title's new owner, Macrovision, took over and immediately announced its plans to keep the online version of the magazine and either sell or shutter the print version, which has been published since 1953.

So the following news might not be much of a surprise: Michael Ausiello, TVG's scoop and spoiler maven, is taking his perky writing style and massive Rolodex to Entertainment Weekly, where he'll write for the TV sections of both the magazine and website starting July 2.

Oh, and how did we find this out? Mike sent us (and probably hundreds of others) the press release announcing his arrival. Never said the guy wasn't good at self-promotion.

I've met and interviewed Mike, and a few of the Squadders occasionally correspond with him via e-mail; he's been unflailingly nice and accommodating. We wish him well at his new job.

But you have to wonder what's going to become of TV Guide. I stopped reading the print edition, which was a weekly ritual for me since I was a kid, shortly before the magazine changed from the small digest format to the virtually listings-free gossip magazine that it is today. The website is still extremely popular, but it seems like it's been losing its best writers for quite a while now. Can we start taking bets on when it'll become an online-only magazine (something its Canadian counterpart did a year-and-a-half ago)? Let me know in the comments.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

TV Guide's Own Shocker! Ausiello is off to Entertainment Weekly! Empty Re: TV Guide's Own Shocker! Ausiello is off to Entertainment Weekly!

Post by ehbee Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:39 am

marymageli says:

OK, I have a new name for you. Ausiello's blog at TV Guide has been taken over by Matt Webb Mitovich. His name may sound familiar since MEGA MINUTE is his podcast.

In his first short collection of scoops there is nothing about BONES, I just wanted to let you know who is responsible from now on doing the job. If you have any burning questions about the show, send an e-mail to Matt to [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum