Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hart tweets NPR article

5 posters

:: News

Go down

Hart tweets NPR article Empty Hart tweets NPR article

Post by anteater Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:12 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Some of the highlights (or lowlights, depending how you look at them)
"Television plot lines are not supposed to be determined by majority vote."
"It's the creation of its creators, and they're never going to give you what you want just because it's what you want. Which is why they haven't started inviting you to story meetings."

Good article, very well-written, but kind of made me think that Hart is telling us something here.

What do you guys think? Is Hart trying to tell us that no matter how much we may want B&B together, it's going to fall on deaf ears? I'm interested to hear your thoughts!
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Hart tweets NPR article Empty Re: Hart tweets NPR article

Post by bugaboo628 Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:29 am

I just finished reading that as well. I think that is exactly what he is saying.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:35 am

I agree that is exactly what he is saying.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:44 pm

anteater wrote:What do you guys think? Is Hart trying to tell us that no matter how much we may want B&B together, it's going to fall on deaf ears? I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

I do agree that he's telling us something. I don't think he's telling us that B&B won't be getting together though. This part of the bus ride metaphor sums it up for me:

And if you can't relax and enjoy the relative powerlessness of your position from time to time, you will deprive yourself of the best possible outcome -- which is that somebody is going to take you somewhere you didn't even know you wanted to go.

That's the part that I think he's trying to get at. We're all frustrated and he's just trying to settle us down so we can sit back and enjoy the ride.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:01 pm

I also agree that it's exactly what he's saying but, and huge but here, I think what he's really saying is he's going to do what he's going to do in his own sweet time and not be rushed or pushed about just because we want it all and we want it now.

I'm sticking with that interpretation because I'm a huge fan of CHUCK and was one of those bitching loud and long last season to get Sarah and Chuck together because, but the S2 finale of Chuck, it was patently absurd for them NOT to be. This season they're not together and it makes sense for them NOT to be. Chuck's new love interest is played by Kristen Kreuk - a great actress who's doing an amazing job in the role - and the story line on Chuck has changed. The attraction between he and Sarah was never like a normal "will they, won't they" story line. The show was designed around the concept that he was an asset, she was his handler, and they couldn't ever date because she'd be compromised and the CIA would ship her out and put him in a bunker. Well now he's a full fledged agent, and the rules no longer apply - but he hurt her badly and her heart isn't in it anymore. The people complaining about Chuck want Josh and Chris to basically hash the season so far and re-write the rest of it until it resembles a badly written fanfic. That would be a disaster for CHUCK.

BONES is not even remotely the same show, nor is it in the same place. I didn't want B&B together before S4, and I was happy with the concept of them falling into bed and getting together during the S4 finale, I figured that made sense - four years of working together, you're either in or out by then. Okay, that didn't happen, HH and SN made a good case for S5 and I've been happy so far with S5 - yes, I want them to kiss, to make out, to have hot wild sex against a door almost every episode, but we're seeing real growth toward something now so I'm happy. However if HH honestly thinks the fan base will still be here at the end of S6 if he never plans on putting Booth and Brennan together, well, I want what he's smoking. UST only goes so far, eventually the fan base gets tired of it and the fans turn. Better for him to have a plan, stick to it, keep them moving forward toward a goal instead of saving it for when ratings start to flag and they need to throw red meat to the fans.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content