Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hart Hanson Article from 'ZapIt!'

:: News

Go down

Hart Hanson Article from 'ZapIt!' Empty Hart Hanson Article from 'ZapIt!'

Post by ehbee Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:51 am

Thanks to Kiz!

SOME SPOILERS

Good help is hard to find, but I have been blessed, people. My trusted, television-obsessed intern, Marisa Roffman, has many a TV-related talent and being a Bones expert is one of them. This morning, she jumped on a call with executive producer Hart Hanson who said that Monday's season finale will finally answer some of the mysteries that've tortured fans for quite some time. The identity of serial killer, Gormagon, will be addressed. The Grave Digger's storyline, though, may have to wait just a bit longer. And remember our old friend Goodman who up and disappeared after season one? We'll eventually find out what all that was about too.

I'm going to step aside for now and let Ms. Roffman fill you in on all the details...

Marisa Roffman: Thanks, Korbi! Yes, the Gormagon arc is ending on Monday, though the writers did actually consider extending it into next year. The road to crafting this season-long story wasn’t exactly the smoothest, since the WGA strike and subsequent loss of episodes forced them to scrap a few twists and turns in order to condense the plot. “Being as we’re very episodic we [ultimately] decided it behooved us to wrap it up and not carry it on to another season,” Hanson shared. (Fun fact: Gormagon wasn’t originally intended to be a cannibal. According to Hart, they had the teeth marks in the skull in the third season premiere just to provide a good tease for the episode, but then it stuck!)

The Grave Digger storyline, however, was a casuality of the strike that couldn't be avoided. “We only had so many episodes to do before the end of the season and we knew we had to choose between the Grave Digger and Gormagon to pay off," Hanson explained. "[Gormagon]’s a very complicated back story, so to come back next year and reset that, we felt like our loyal viewers would get bored and for the new viewers, it would be like a tutorial.” The resolution? We're going to see the return of the Grave Digger in season four. (Let’s hope this time he stays away from Brennan and Hodgins!)

For the fans that still desperately miss Goodman, I’ve got good news and bad news. The bad news is that we’re not going to get Goodman back to the lab anytime soon. Hart says that he felt they couldn’t service the character properly, hence the addition of Cam. The good news? He loves Jonathon Adams as much as the fans do, saying he's “one of my favorite actors that I’ve ever worked with.” He is currently hatching a plan that could bring Goodman back for one episode, permitting Adams is available to shoot. That episode would potentially take place in an alternate reality where we would see some of the characters like Booth and Brennan leading lives the fans would like. Like married with children, maybe. If it’s anything like the recent episode where Booth and Brennan took care of the baby, I’m game.

Other little scooplets:

• Sweets will be coming back next season (provided he isn’t Gormagon). Eric Millegan’s Zack is more of a question mark. However, Hart promises that we haven’t seen the last of him. Still, I’m worried for our little Zacaroni.

• The shot-on-location season four premiere is going ahead as planned and it will be a two-hour episode with Booth and Brennan working their magic in London.

• Booth’s family was supposed to be brought in this season, but the strike limited what they could do. They’re hoping to show more of Booth and Brennan’s families next season.

• Hart doesn’t want the show to move to Friday any more than its fans do: “I hope [the Fox Winter 2009 schedule] is another Bones is moving to Friday joke. I’m cranky about it on a whole bunch of levels. We are a very good pairing with House, so to be split up from them bugs me. I can see what the network is doing. I see their reasoning. I just don’t like it.”

• Hart would love to do a crossover with House. He and House creator David Shore are friends and he says they've talked about crossing over their shows and bringing Stephen Fry (Dr. Gordon Wyatt) along for the ride. Booth, Brennan, House and Gordon Gordon all in one scene together? Pure magic!

• Dream guest star for season four? Miss Britney Spears, herself. Well, not really, but Hart jokes that after the magic she worked on How I Met Your Mother’s ratings, she might be just what Bones needs -- though he's proud to share that Bones is one of the only shows to actually gain viewers post-strike: “Our audience is following us. It’s gratifying."

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 728
Say What You Want : A pregnant goldfish is called a 'twit'
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down