Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV execs find DVR is a friend after all

5 posters

:: News

Go down

TV execs find DVR is a friend after all Empty TV execs find DVR is a friend after all

Post by DBCrazy Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:53 am

TV execs find DVR is a friend after all

Remember those ads they ran last year in the middle of the commercial breaks, about halfway through the show? They got mentioned in this article, waay down close to the end. It's about ratings and DVR and how they're surprised that so many people still watch the commercials.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

This is the mention:
The Fox series "Bones" has experimented with inserting into the middle of a group of commercials a segment with the show's main characters discussing the story so far. That can induce a sudden stop in the playback.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

TV execs find DVR is a friend after all Empty Re: TV execs find DVR is a friend after all

Post by Meegs82 Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:56 pm

Why'd they get rid of those anyway? I thought they were kinda cool and I was definitely one of those people who hit "rewind" on the DVR.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

TV execs find DVR is a friend after all Empty Re: TV execs find DVR is a friend after all

Post by DBCrazy Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Why'd they get rid of those anyway? I thought they were kinda cool and I was definitely one of those people who hit "rewind" on the DVR.
No idea, Meegs. They were just here one day and then gone a few weeks later. I liked them too.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Glad to have the weirdness explained!!! I was a 'so - so' viewer on those
*hides*
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Turi ray of sunshine wrote:Glad to have the weirdness explained!!! I was a 'so - so' viewer on those
*hides*
No need to hide--I wasn't all that thrilled by them either!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:57 am

yeah that was kinda weird, those little updates from the actors, But I liked them, they only did them for like 2 or 3 episodes, right?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:34 am

I think it was a few more than that, but I don't think it was for the entire season, that's for sure.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:23 pm

No it wasn't, but it didn't last for m ore than a few episodes, But i liked them. I remember they came out around the Salt In The Wounds episode.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum