Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fringe, anyone?

+15
19ana89
bugaboo628
A2BOREANAZ
G
DBCrazy
riviera41797
Kasper
spygrl
Meegs82
flyersfan35
heirofloki
Turi ray of sunshine
bones206
ToZiKa
dawnsfire
19 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Fringe, anyone? Empty Fringe, anyone?

Post by dawnsfire Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Someone said we should have a Fringe thread, so I decided to start one.

I said before that I just got a chance to see the season finale last week, though I missed about half of the entire season. (Maybe I'll get the DVDs--haven't decided yet) Now that it's paired up with Bones, I should have an easier time!

I also noted that I was more shocked about the gravestone than the city skyline, and I think I realized why. First, I didn't see the original airing and therefore heard a few things here and there, plus saw at least 1 promo before this past Thurs. Second, I've never been all that familiar with the NYC skyline, so it wasn't this drastic, OMG moment, sorry to say (make it Chicago and we'll talk).

The whole trying to explain alternate universes or realities to Charlie, though--obviously the guy never read a comic or sci-fi in his life. Standard stuff, really. I've always enjoyed alternate histories, which is really the same thing, just not so--hard-edged, I guess you could say. One little change and a new world is split off, and the further back the split happens, the more radically different that world is from the one we call home.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Fringe, anyone? Empty Re: Fringe, anyone?

Post by ToZiKa Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:42 am

I love Fringe!
I wasn't shocked at all when I saw the gravestone although I hadn't seen any spoilers before I watched it.
But I think there were enough hints and stuff like the coin that it was already more or less clear, that Peter wasn't the this-world-Peter.....

I can't wait for the new season to start.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:28 pm

As you can see, by my signature, I love Fringe! I was not all that surprised by the gravestone, I was a little surprised, but more like, O.K., so Peter is the other world Peter... what now???
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:55 pm

Poor Charlie!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:23 am

dawnsfire wrote:Poor Charlie!

queen

UGH TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not so sure I like that though; I guess I will be OK with it if it's not one of those long arcs; if it goes away in 2 or 3 episodes I won't mind it as much.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:26 am

Noooo, Charlie! *cries*

I'd been waiting for Charlie to turn evil since the first episode I watched (thank you JJ for scaring me for life with Alias) so I wasn't surprised, but man, what a bummer. Sad

[On the other hand, how happy am I that Kirk Acevedo is staying 'round? So, so happy]

I have to say, I really, really loved this premiere. I didn't even mind Exposition!Peter when he was introducing...the show to the new Charlie (does she have a name?). Also didn't mind the directing. Guess Akiva Goldsman is not horrible all the time, after all. most of the time though..

Oh, and moment of the episode: forget about Charlie, or Liv quoting his mother to Peter...Nina and Broyles, y'all!!! What an excellent moment. Even my brother (who watched with moi on the phone) was like, 'whoa, JJ!'

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:35 am

O. My. God

WTF?!BBQ!

Half-way through and I'm already in love. Gosh, this might in fact be the new X-files.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:37 am

dawnsfire wrote:Poor Charlie!

queen
omg, I know! I was sooo upset last week! I loved Charlie!!!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:01 pm

Yeah, it's official. JJ Abs' purchase on my soul is large and permanent. *sigh* I love this show.

omg, I know! I was sooo upset last week! I loved Charlie!!!

But you know, I'm kinda digging evil Charlie. Might just be my love for Kirk Acevedo shinning through but I'm all for it.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:09 pm

Who the heck played Hughes? It drove me insane all episode!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:16 pm

John Savage. If you watched Dark Angel that would be Lydecker. Smile

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:40 am

That's it! I knew it wasn't a sympathetic character.

Only watched 1 season of Dark Angel, but that was enough. Hair threw me, I guess. Thanks.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:27 pm

You know, that's the problem with these types of shows...there's nothing cut and dried, no black hats vs white hats. The good guys have dangerous secrets and the bad guys have good motives. Suspect
This Colonel--he only had 4 people that we know of, right? And how many couriers did he think there were? Well, you know what they say about military intelligence sometimes! Laughing
The Observer--I'm a little in the dark about him, since like I say, I missed some of S1. He reminds me in a way of the character of the Watcher in Marvel Comics. Not supposed to interfere, only observe--but sometimes breaks the rules and helps (and he's bald, too).

Wheee! And Olivia walked across the room!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:37 am

I think we're all in the dark Dawn, but I gotta say: Evil!Observer? Oh, I like it.

I haven't watched the whole thing yet -the joys of being on the road. There's one thing I have to say though: The music, OMG. Who is the music director for this show? Because between the creepy instrumentals and the radio classics, I'm convinced he/she is a genius.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:27 pm

bones206, I just need to tell you that your X-Files signature is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! I just thought I'd share Wink

Oh, and I am a newbie to Fringe and I am really liking it. I need to go buy Season 1 or at least rent it. I love Walter, he's my favorite. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:31 pm

dawnsfire wrote:

Wheee! And Olivia walked across the room!

That part totally got me! First, she was holding the gun and I was like, "what's the big deal?" and hubby said, "her grip is solid as a rock" (as opposed to all the shakiness) and then it cut to the cane and I was like, "holy crap!"

Pretty awesome moment, IMO. What it means, however, I cannot begin to imagine. Damn, that Sam is good!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:26 pm

yeah, that's what I clicked on 1st--how steady she was--and what a great improvement it was, esp after watching her fumble with that device earlier. And they pulled back--oh yeah!
Question is, how long will that last? Is it only when she gets agitated and has to learn to expand that to when she's calmer?

One of many, many questions (flashbacks, super-hearing, the works)

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:19 am

Meegs82 wrote:bones206, I just need to tell you that your X-Files signature is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! I just thought I'd share Wink

Oh, and I am a newbie to Fringe and I am really liking it. I need to go buy Season 1 or at least rent it. I love Walter, he's my favorite. Smile

Weee! Welcome meegs!! Awesome to have other JJ/sci-fi vets on-board. Razz

Walter is Love. So is Astrid for that matter (they're like Batman and Robin!) and Broyles (omg, the unholy crush I'm growing on that man!) but I think my faves are Peter/Olivia. As in the two together, not so much as individual but as a team. I think I might be shipping them a little. Shocked

Oh, and beware that S1 is a little uneven, but once it hits episodes 12/13 it begins to really gel together.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:48 am

Thanks, heiro! For some reason, Astrid kinda sorta bugs me. I don't dislike her, usually she's cool, but I think it's the actual actress. 'Cuz when she delivers some lines, I can't help but think that the actor could have delivered them in a different way and it would be more interesting. But who knows, maybe "they" want her to be that way.

I suppose Walter isn't my favorite, actually, I just find him highly entertaining. Smile I like Olivia and I'm trying to put her and Peter together in my mind, but it's not quite working. Probably 'cuz I'm in love with Mulder and Scully and no FBI-extraterrestial-crime-fighting duo will top them! See how I said "extraterrestial" there? Ya, that's so I can exclude B&B from that statement! Wink LOL
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:49 am

P.S. Thanks for the tip on S1, heiro!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks Meegs! I guess I'm not as observant as you guys, because, when I was watching the whole gun/bowling scene, the only thing I was thinking was, "WTF? Why is she gonna shoot him? If she shoots him, she'll go to jail. Has her head injury impaired her thinking??? Oh look, she doesn't have her cane."

I would guess my favorite character is Olivia. I'm not too fond of the Massive Dynamic lady (I can't remember her name). I don't like the Briols/MD Lady relationship. I can see Peter and Olivia getting together sometime in the future. Not right now, they don't have enough chemistry yet, and Olivia's fiance died only about a year ago.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:55 am

I would say Peter is more interested in Olivia than she is in him at the moment. Look at his concern and protectiveness so far. It seems just a little more intense than simply friends (which they are, no question). She's got to figure out what's wrong (with herself as well as the rest) before she's likely to start reciprocating.

But I doubt either of them is thinking that way just yet.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:34 pm

dawnsfire wrote: She's got to figure out what's wrong (with herself as well as the rest) before she's likely to start reciprocating.

But I doubt either of them is thinking that way just yet.

queen

Oh, I absolutely agree! I was just as surprised that the thought attacked me 'cause I kinda see them more as bffs than anything else. Now the Broyles/Nina ship: It did not surprise me (and it does freak me out, 'cause omg!wtf!bbq!) but I'm kinda looking forward to finding out what that's all about.

So I finished watching the episode. Comments, random comments...

*Walter is still Love. Same with Astrid. I think she won me over with her ability to feel glee over Walter's insanity (while being stuck on the receiving end of it).

*Broyles kinda laughing at Walter's exuberance in the van was just awesome.

*How awesome was the crystallized body. Seriously.

*Peter and Gene arguing over the hamburger. Wee!

And now questions: are observers evil? Are the col et al. just misinterpreting the observers? And if the observers are evil, and one of them gave Alt!Peter back to Walter and has been watching and helping Walter all this time...does that mean Walter is meant to lead the battle against our reality? Or is that one observer just a renegade, this show's answer to Supernatural's Castiel? Hmmm... (I'd ask if it's Walter's fault that we're going to war, but I think the fact that he and Belly actually ripped the universe open in order to kidnap a child might actually answer that question).

Final Conclusion: I LOVE this show. Very Happy

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:55 pm

(removed by poster)

Last edited by dawnsfire on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:56 pm

That's true. We just have the Col's word that the observers mean trouble. Granted, those shots of Walter are troublesome.

And you mention kidnapping a child (Peter, got it)--here's a thought: what about alt!Peter's actual parents over there in in World 1.2 or whatever we want to call it? Was he an orphan or is there an alternate Walter and Mom grieving?
(In Marvel comics, the world of the heroes, as we know them, is 616; all of them are assigned numbers. Wonder if anyone here has gotten that far? Can't help bringing in the comics!)

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next