Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Emily Sightings

+3
THX1138
RGPageantqueen
DBCrazy
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Random Emily Sightings - Page 2 Empty Re: Random Emily Sightings

Post by THX1138 Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:59 am

DBCrazy wrote:In this day and age I thought it was kind of a daring thing for her to say. Who knows if was an honest comment or she was just making a joke though. The writer doesn't give any indication.
True, the writer doesn't really give you any idea if she's serious or not, I guess I'm pegging it as being serious because that's just such an Emily thing to say. She's not really controversial, but she's not shy about voicing her opinion either. And you're right, in this day and age voicing such a 'traditional' attitude is rather daring.

About "shepherd" in Michaela's comment, it works okay, especially since "shipper" with the story kind of reference doesn't show up in the dictionary at all, least not dictionary.com. I figured it might, but not so. I know for me I never heard the word until I started reading fanfic.

shepherd - a person who protects, guides, or watches over a person or group of people.
You know that makes sense now, it didn't really seem to fit when I read it, but in the context you gave me it makes perfect sense. I still can't believe shipper hasn't made it in the dictionary yet. That so needs to get in there, along with ficdom and about a half dozen others.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:42 am

Why is it innappropriate? I love that song.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:10 am

It's the age of the girls. It is implied that they were young teens or (most likely) pre-teens and it's highly unlikely that girls, or boys for that matter, of that age would really grasp the significance of the songs lyrics or understand what they're singing.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:52 am

She thinks thats innappropriate she should watch this video...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

That girls 8 years old. Tell me t hats not innappropriate.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:42 pm

Okaaay. That was disturbing. It was something like a cross between a gymnastics floor routine, interpretive dance, and a bad burlesque show. I'd have been okay with it all except for the periodic pelvis thrusting and rump shaking. I mean, what the hell was that about? *shakes head* Yeah, sign me up for not approving of that. The routine was called "party girl" I'm thinking that's the problem right there.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Yeah, the sad thing is that thats what dance is turning into young girls in half naked costumes thrusting their hips and shaking their butts and the sad thing is people think that kind of thing is okay. So yeah I get it when you think things like that is inappropriate. I kissed a girl once... Don't ask, it was on a dare.... I'm not saying if I liked it or not.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:08 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:Yeah, the sad thing is that thats what dance is turning into young girls in half naked costumes thrusting their hips and shaking their butts and the sad thing is people think that kind of thing is okay. So yeah I get it when you think things like that is inappropriate. I kissed a girl once... Don't ask, it was on a dare.... I'm not saying if I liked it or not.
Well that's what we as a society get when parents would rather be their kids "friends" instead of actually parenting, and God forbid someone say "boo" about it, they're sudden'y considered behind the times or judgemental. I could go on but I'd just end up ranting.

Oh, and re:you kissing a girl, I'm not saying a thing hon. Am I curious? Sure but then I'm a guy and two girls kissing is an instant crowd pleaser for us. Anyway there's a time and a place for everything, and that time and place is called college. Besides it's not as if we all don't have a story or two from those days we don't share with the general public. Wink

king RM

Stories? I gotta few. Ain't gonna share 'em, but I got 'em.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:21 pm

It was in 10th grade. I don't know if I'll have time to be crazy in college. LOL.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Like a Star @ heaven ~ Like a Star @ heaven ~ Like a Star @ heaven ~ Like a Star @ heaven ~ Like a Star @ heaven ~ Like a Star @ heaven
~ Like a Star @ heaven ~ Like a Star @ heaven ~
Like a Star @ heaven ~ Like a Star @ heaven ~ Like a Star @ heaven ~ Like a Star @ heaven ~ Like a Star @ heaven ~ Like a Star @ heaven
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Random Emily Sightings - Page 2 Empty Emily's picks for vegan shoes

Post by DBCrazy Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:08 pm

I saw this and thought someone might be interested in Emily's vegan fashion choices.

Elizabeth Olsen, founder and designer for Olsenhaus, wouldn't be caught dead in fur or leather and thanks to her collection we won't have to be either. Proving pure vegan footwear can be trendy Olsenhaus is the forerunner in ethical fashion choice.

Subscribe to my page for the latest Olsenhaus S/S 2010 trends to come and for actress Emily Deschanel's top picks from the next upcoming collection ...

In case anyone wants to subscribe to find out!!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:58 am

DBCrazy wrote:
Some spare time Sherry?
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks for the heads up Sherry!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:13 pm

Nightowl wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
Some spare time Sherry?
Sometimes I just feel ... oh, creative, I guess! Nice of you to notice my efforts.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:40 am

I saw a little clip about Emily out in West Hollywood on Sept 2nd. There are several thumbnails shown, but the pics take forever to load and a few times never have loaded.

DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:02 am

Thanks for these Sherry. Awww, Em is so beautiful even without makeup, just leaning against the counter in her grubbies. Poor girl has her broken-toe booty on her foot. I wonder how she managed Craig's show with that busted up little piggy?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:41 am

My question is why in God's name is she wearing that thing, and didn't she break her toe like a month ago? She must've really busted it really bad because I've broken my toe before and NEVER had to wear a boot, they just taped it up and sent me on my way. they gave me some tylenol and that was that. When I broke my ankle though I had a hard cast on my leg for 6 weeks and then a boot for another two weeks. that was always fun, limping around in one of those things.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by hipntrendy Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:07 pm

I've broken three of my toes at different times and could NOT wear a shoe for about 2 months each time. I couldn't believe the amount of pressure it put on them. She may have had a shot or some pain medication so that she could wear her shoe for the show, not sure, I just know that I couldn't wear any closed-toe shoe and lived in my boot. I broke one in winter and hobbled around with a wool sock to keep my foot warm. LOL Laughing

=)
hipntrendy
hipntrendy

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:06 pm

yeah usually they just tape it and send you on your way, I mean really there isn't much you can do for a broken toe. Unless she broke more then just her toe/ But then she'd usually get a hard cast to wear. So i don't know. Whoever told her to wear that, didn't need too.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Random Emily Sightings - Page 2 Empty Animal Acres Gala 2009

Post by DBCrazy Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:17 am

Here's a little something about animal rights that Emily attended this past weekend ...

I clicked on the Animal Acres link in there and took a look at what was the registration form. The Dress code was described as "dressed to impress". I hope somebody finds some pics somewhere, considering how we love to talk about Emily and her wardrobe!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:20 am

There are pics I think on livejournal in the comm. 206_bones, I'll look for them and reply back. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:33 am

here is a link:

I think she looks really pretty.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:55 am

Ella,

You asked in the Inkslinger what an eco-warrior is ...

Here's a nice link:

The jist of it is ... environmental activist that adopts a 'hands on' effort to save or salvage a plot of land, or to advance some ecological ideology.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:11 am

DBCrazy wrote:Ella,

Here's a nice link:

The jist of it is ... environmental activist that adopts a 'hands on' effort to save or salvage a plot of land, or to advance some ecological ideology.
That's one way to look at it - I stil prefer my definition: Spoiled poseur rich kids who protest corporate america while living off a trust fund set up for them by mommy & daddy. See also trustafarian and trendist.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:29 am

Here's a nice link:

Youngin! I love how you put that info.... here. LOL! But what does that have to do with her wardrobe?

WTF Rob?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:31 am

THX1138 wrote:

Here's a nice link:

That's one way to look at it - I stil prefer my definition: Spoiled poseur rich kids who protest corporate america while living off a trust fund set up for them by mommy & daddy. See also trustafarian and trendist.

king RM
So, I see you've already started warming up for tomorrow night! You do know that you're speaking ill of your beloved Temperance Brennan, don't you?

And I did look up those words in the Urban Dictionary... Rolling Eyes LOL.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next