Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily for PETA

5 posters

Go down

Emily for PETA Empty Emily for PETA

Post by i_heart_bones Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:29 pm

Don't know if this interview has been posted, had a quick search but couldn't find it so thought i'd post anyway.
Its a bit old now, from April i think, but theres a cute video of her at the bottom.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Emily for PETA Empty Re: Emily for PETA

Post by riviera41797 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:13 am

cool!! thanks for posting!
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:45 am

Thanks, India! Interesting to know that she decided so young.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:43 am

what is raw chocolate?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:47 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:what is raw chocolate?
cacao bean or cacao nibs, that sort. Mostly it's just chocolate that's not been processed to turn it into a candy bar of any sort, and it retains its abundant nutritional properties.

Here's a couple pretty good articles:
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:25 pm

I've eaten raw chocolate before, it's not bad. I'm just not a huge chocolate person. I prefer caramel and carmelized sugars to chocolate, which puts me in the minority.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm not so big on chocolate myself, but I'd much rather dark chocolate these days to milk chocolate. I've tried raw chocolate and it's just way too bitter for me, but maybe someday I'll work into it, seeing as it does have some nice benefits that go along with it.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:58 pm

I can't do dark chocolate, I've tried it just tastes...off. Then again, not a chocolate person so I'm really not the person to offer an opinion.

king RM

And yet I do, notice that? In fact I never have a problem letting people know what I think.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:04 pm

THX1138 wrote:I can't do dark chocolate, I've tried it just tastes...off. Then again, not a chocolate person so I'm really not the person to offer an opinion.

king RM

And yet I do, notice that? In fact I never have a problem letting people know what I think.
... sounds something akin to The Art of Conversation.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:04 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:what is raw chocolate?
cacao bean or cacao nibs, that sort. Mostly it's just chocolate that's not been processed to turn it into a candy bar of any sort, and it retains its abundant nutritional properties.

Here's a couple pretty good articles:

does it actually taste good? I mean this coming from the girl who buys godiva chocolate, i don't do the hershey shit...
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:05 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:I can't do dark chocolate, I've tried it just tastes...off. Then again, not a chocolate person so I'm really not the person to offer an opinion.

king RM

... sounds something akin to The Art of Conversation.

Dark chocolate's not as sweet or silky, but it's incredibly good for you. In portions of course.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:11 pm

I've heard of Godiva chocolates but haven't had any. Hershey's I know.

Think milk chocolate - lots of dairy and sugar added to the cocoa.
Then think dark chocolate - lots more chocolate, lots less dairy and sugar.
Then think raw chocolate - eat the cacao beans as beans. No cooking or very lightly. Not processed. The idea being to retain the nutrition in the plant, not to just binge on some tasty little something.

A regular Joe Schmoe wouldn't like raw chocolate. In this day and age you'd have to want to like it to train yourself to enjoy it. Most people would probably spit it out it's so bitter.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:15 pm

oh, like coffee beans? They are bitter too. I don't like coffee unless it has sugar, milk and chocolate syrup.

I don't know how she eats that stuff, too me it just doesn't sound tasty at all. But then again, I don't know how people can attach themselves to a God and give up "living" (as in doing something that may be risque to your religion). I see it as you get one life, why skip out on something because your God doesn't approve? I believe in God but I wouldn't stop living my life just because he doesn't approve of half the shit I do. Hell, I said damn it in church in front of the whole congregation. Funny story actually. Off topic, I'm sorry, I'm rambling. shoot me.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:21 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:oh, like coffee beans? They are bitter too. I don't like coffee unless it has sugar, milk and chocolate syrup.

I don't know how she eats that stuff, too me it just doesn't sound tasty at all. But then again, I don't know how people can attach themselves to a God and give up "living" (as in doing something that may be risque to your religion). I see it as you get one life, why skip out on something because your God doesn't approve? I believe in God but I wouldn't stop living my life just because he doesn't approve of half the shit I do. Hell, I said damn it in church in front of the whole congregation. Funny story actually. Off topic, I'm sorry, I'm rambling. shoot me.
I think some folks condition themselves to eating it because it's good for them, and once you get used to it you find anything else too sweet. I knew a guy who used to eat espresso beans because he got used to eating coffee beans in college (for the caffeine rush) and after a while he had to 'up his dosage' (his words). Dude couldn't stand drinking coffee because it tasted like dishwater to him, but he'd eat a handful of roasted espresso beans in one go. That is something you have to get your body used to, 'cause it sure as hell ain't natural.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:26 pm

no thats not natural. Thats gross. I was having this conversation with my mom earlier about how I went to McDicks with my sisters yesterday and it made me sick because I hadn't eaten it in months and she said it's cause your body got used to eating the healthier stuff we have around the house. So i guess. I mean girls been a vegan for 16 years, thats practically my whole life. She's crazy but I commend her for it.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum