Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily in My Sister's Keeper

+8
DBCrazy
Fluffernutter
Zeddie
Meegs82
RGPageantqueen
bonesfan08
southerngirl
CanadianBones
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Emily in My Sister's Keeper - Page 2 Empty Re: Emily in My Sister's Keeper

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:57 am

DBC, i suggest you read the book, at least for the ending.... They took out a LOT of the book in the movie, and definitely changed the ending.

The guy who played Taylor Ambrose, is sexxxy with his hair. lol, and he's a vegan, I'm sure he had lots to talk about with Emily and Sofia Vassilieva is a vegetarian. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:42 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:DBC, i suggest you read the book, at least for the ending.... They took out a LOT of the book in the movie, and definitely changed the ending.

The guy who played Taylor Ambrose, is sexxxy with his hair. lol, and he's a vegan, I'm sure he had lots to talk about with Emily and Sofia Vassilieva is a vegetarian. Smile
Ella, I don't know if I was judging by what I'd heard here or not, but I did think that part of the ending was a little weak, but the rest of it was lovely. I wish I could say that I'll go get the book to read, but I'm not a big reader. Before FF I would probably only manage a book ever year or two.

I've tried to tell myself that I will start doing more, but who knows if I'll carry through. When I saw the previews of "A Time Traveler's Wife" though I did think to myself that I should try and get it to read before it comes out! Who knows, I may become a reader after all - in all my spare time!

I'll have to go google this Taylor Ambrose now, just to see, but I have to say that he wasn't bad bald either!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:57 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:DBC, i suggest you read the book, at least for the ending.... They took out a LOT of the book in the movie, and definitely changed the ending.

Ella, I don't know if I was judging by what I'd heard here or not, but I did think that part of the ending was a little weak, but the rest of it was lovely. I wish I could say that I'll go get the book to read, but I'm not a big reader. Before FF I would probably only manage a book ever year or two.

I've tried to tell myself that I will start doing more, but who knows if I'll carry through. When I saw the previews of "A Time Traveler's Wife" though I did think to myself that I should try and get it to read before it comes out! Who knows, I may become a reader after all - in all my spare time!

I'll have to go google this Taylor Ambrose now, just to see, but I have to say that he wasn't bad bald either!

I don't read much either and if you look back at my past responses, i mentioned that it took me a long time to read the book, it's a big book, but it's really worth it, i promise. I have to say I found parts of it to drag on, but then the ending came and I was completely shocked. Not what I saw coming at all. Nothing like the movie.

I read that book a long time ago, It looked interesting so i may reread it, if I think to go to the bookstore one day.

And Google the actor, his name is Thomas Dekker. He's kind of got that Robert Pattinson look, but much hotter and definitely a better actor. But I hate Robert Pattinson and I despise Twilight, so i may be a bit bias.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by HarHar21 Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:17 pm

sheetfact! sheetfact! i know, i think i'm going to see this because of ultimate clash of my fandoms! Alec, TD (in House vs. God, okey? I didn't watch Terminator) and ED! Gad, I need a life..i keep on pimping my faves!
HarHar21
HarHar21
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Forensic Anthropologist! That's why no gun.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:13 am

Emily is in it for like 5 minutes, not even that... like less than 2 minutes. But she plays the doctor part so well.... I wonder where that came from....

::sits like the "thinker":: Hmmmmmmmmmm?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:51 pm

I still haven't seen it 'cuz I can't get anybody to go with me! Noone wants to see a sad, weepy movie and I don't particularly want to go by myself 'cuz I know I'll need someone's shoulder to cry on. Grrr, I must figure it out!

And yeah, Caleb is the DP. That was the reason Emily's cousin was trying to get me on the set, so I could meet Caleb as well as see Emily. Too bad that didn't work out Sad
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:59 pm

Meegs82 wrote:I still haven't seen it 'cuz I can't get anybody to go with me! Noone wants to see a sad, weepy movie and I don't particularly want to go by myself 'cuz I know I'll need someone's shoulder to cry on. Grrr, I must figure it out!

And yeah, Caleb is the DP. That was the reason Emily's cousin was trying to get me on the set, so I could meet Caleb as well as see Emily. Too bad that didn't work out Sad
Meegs, this isn't a sad, weepy movie! Yes, you will cry if you have the slightest bit of a heart, but it's also very wonderful and you'll laugh and smile a lot too! If you can't get anyone to go with, go by yourself - you have to go see it in the theatre! They're family, dangit!!!

It is too bad that you didn't get to go on set. It would have been great!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:57 am

I never read the book, but I thought the movie was excellent. But I should never have seen it in the theater...I cried the whole way through.

I have read reviews of the book, though, so I understand why some people who read the book did not like the movie as an adaptation, but I don't agree that the movie itself sucked, because it was wonderful, with some superb acting.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:26 am

i dont think it opens until the 30th here. but ill be seeing it that day!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:24 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:I never read the book, but I thought the movie was excellent. But I should never have seen it in the theater...I cried the whole way through.

I have read reviews of the book, though, so I understand why some people who read the book did not like the movie as an adaptation, but I don't agree that the movie itself sucked, because it was wonderful, with some superb acting.

I read the book and I liked the movie, It's just they changed the ending drastically.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum