Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Bones never gets nominations

+7
Tan
moonlightbones
smile0303
i_heart_bones
bones206
THX1138
RGPageantqueen
11 posters

:: News

Go down

Why Bones never gets nominations Empty Why Bones never gets nominations

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:21 am

I saw this Article in my local paper this morning about why Bones amongst other shows never get nominated for Emmy's. I don't know if I can find the article online, I'll probably have to type it up, it's long, but not too long, so I can type it up if you guys want to read it, it's basically just Hart saying that he doesn't know why Bones never gets nominated and that he fels like both Emily and David deserve to be recognized for their work on the show. It had a cute picture (the one of Emily and David sitting on the Park bench.) to along with it. Anyways, If you want me to type it up, I will. Just let me know.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Why Bones never gets nominations Empty Re: Why Bones never gets nominations

Post by THX1138 Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:39 am

THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:27 am

yeah, thats the one. I think it was featured in several papers because my cousins in another state said they saw in the paper too. Very Happy
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:30 am

Coolness, it is an interesting article and bonus, now you don't have to bruise your delicate fingers with all the typing. Smile

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:49 am

Thanks Rob! I wish Bones would be nominated, then, everyone one at school would HAVE to accecpt that Bones does NOT rot your brain. (They tell me at school, that Bones rots your brain, because they al know I'm obssessed)
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:13 am

Video Games rot your brain, so what... How many of the kids at your school play video games?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Yeah i always wondered why is hasnt? but then again do many crimey shows get nominated?? ( i actually have no idea, thats why im asking Smile)
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:33 pm

I don't know. I'll look into that. Hart mentioned he thinks it doesn't get taken seriously, because they don't take themselves seriously, and I can see that. This show is a little bit more silly than shows like CSI and House. I know that Law and Order:SVU has won a few awards. I know Mariska Hargitay has won like 2 for her role as Olivia Benson.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by smile0303 Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:52 am

From what I read earlier I think on EW.com an actor or actress actually has to submit clips for themselves to be nominated. It could be that David and Emily just don't submit clips for themselves.

smile0303
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Location : somewhere in the great state of corruption i.e. ILLINOIS
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:55 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:I don't know. I'll look into that. Hart mentioned he thinks it doesn't get taken seriously, because they don't take themselves seriously, and I can see that. This show is a little bit more silly than shows like CSI and House. I know that Law and Order:SVU has won a few awards. I know Mariska Hargitay has won like 2 for her role as Olivia Benson.
For once I think HH and I are on the same page. What gets me about this is that I've been a big fan of the original CSI, although not so much the last year with the departure of Jorja Fox, and I enjoy the NY:CSI (sorry, but David Caruso ruins Miami for me), and I used to love L&O:SVU, but I don't find myself motivated to watch them every week because they take themselves soooo seriously. Okay, SVU is sort of tough material to lighten up on, but the side plots on that show are total downers. Bones keeps it light and fun in between the death, mayhem, and heartbreak. There at least I think HH has his shit wired high and tight.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:08 pm

I completely agree. One reason I love Bones and hate all the other procedural shows is the humor. I couldn't care less about the actual science on Bones, but it does make for some hilarious conversations and one liners.
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:05 am

I think Bones is in the same category as Stargate - I think it was only nominated a couple of times in its 10 year run. *sigh* But not to worry, with two more seasons at least of Bones we may just yet be recognised.
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:49 am

REally too. I think network recognition might help as well. So many other shows on other networks are fully supported by their networks. Shows like "Lost" "Ugly Betty" "Law and Order:SVU" All those shows are backed up by their networks. While "Bones" Is moved around all the time, barely gets any kind of promotion, is always pre-empted for god knows what. It's like Fox doesn't even care about the show. Now with that said, I hope that this Thursday night slot paired up with a show thats gotten some fairly good promotion will keep Bones out of the American Idol mess, and the whatever else that gets in the way. Maybe this year will be a much easier, more steady and consistent year that the ratings will get bigger, they will promote the shows more often and maybe once we start getting the support from our network, people will take this show a little bit more seriously.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:10 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:REally too. I think network recognition might help as well. So many other shows on other networks are fully supported by their networks. Shows like "Lost" "Ugly Betty" "Law and Order:SVU" All those shows are backed up by their networks. While "Bones" Is moved around all the time, barely gets any kind of promotion, is always pre-empted for god knows what. It's like Fox doesn't even care about the show. Now with that said, I hope that this Thursday night slot paired up with a show thats gotten some fairly good promotion will keep Bones out of the American Idol mess, and the whatever else that gets in the way. Maybe this year will be a much easier, more steady and consistent year that the ratings will get bigger, they will promote the shows more often and maybe once we start getting the support from our network, people will take this show a little bit more seriously.
You know that's an excellent point, and one of the most dissapointing things about FOX really. They'll promote the hell out of a new show, like Glee for example, but give them a consistent winner like Bones and they treat it like a red-headed step child. It's almost as if there are two divisions within the company, one with the task of promoting new shows not yet in production, and another for existing shows. The first is staffed by intelligent, enthusiastic people, and the second are folks who probably need to be put on anti-depressents.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:06 am

It's just the type of show it is. Look at Gilmore Girls or Buffy or Angel. Those shows blended humour with drama and never got nominated. Bones is the same way. They can't slot it into a specific category so it doesn't get nominated.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:58 am

I guess that's true, but it gets depressing the way that Fox puts so much promotion under House (which apparently has been voted the number one most watched show in the world, by the way), and so Hugh Laurie gets nominated every year, as does the show. Not that anything is wrong with that particular show, but it's proof that it's not that Fox has a problem promoting existing shows and supporting them, but with Bones in general. It doesn't fit in one specific category, so it's hard to say sometimes.

That being said, there are guest stars or particular episodes (Con Man, for example), that deserve to be recognized, regardless. On the whole, I prefer Bones over other procedural crime shows simply because it is a little more lighthearted. You get a glimpse into their personal lives together, and they're kind of like your friends or...something like that. Friends that deserve to at the least be nominated.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:53 am

willgirl wrote:It's just the type of show it is. Look at Gilmore Girls or Buffy or Angel. Those shows blended humour with drama and never got nominated. Bones is the same way. They can't slot it into a specific category so it doesn't get nominated.

I know - I was a Gilmore Girls fan and the performances on show were wonderful, just like Bones. It was GG that taught me not to pay attention to the Emmys, really. Like the Oscars and the Grammys, they just pick their favorite and regurgitate the same names year after year and mostly ignore true talent. Bones deserves to be recognized, but I guess their fan following will have to speak for the truth of who is deserving of recognition.
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:11 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:I guess that's true, but it gets depressing the way that Fox puts so much promotion under House (which apparently has been voted the number one most watched show in the world, by the way), and so Hugh Laurie gets nominated every year, as does the show. Not that anything is wrong with that particular show, but it's proof that it's not that Fox has a problem promoting existing shows and supporting them, but with Bones in general. It doesn't fit in one specific category, so it's hard to say sometimes.
Most watched show in the world!! wow i can honestly say ive never even seen a second of an episode. i have no interest whatsoever...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:02 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
MoonlightGardenias wrote:I guess that's true, but it gets depressing the way that Fox puts so much promotion under House (which apparently has been voted the number one most watched show in the world, by the way), and so Hugh Laurie gets nominated every year, as does the show. Not that anything is wrong with that particular show, but it's proof that it's not that Fox has a problem promoting existing shows and supporting them, but with Bones in general. It doesn't fit in one specific category, so it's hard to say sometimes.
Most watched show in the world!! wow i can honestly say ive never even seen a second of an episode. i have no interest whatsoever...
Hm. That's interesting. House is a show that I always enjoy, almost always anyway. But at the same time it's not a show that I make plans to watch; just something that I stop on when I'm thumbing through the channels.

... Something that I hardly do anymore, now that I can read fanfic on my Kindle!!!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum