Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Crisis for Booth

+21
Lo
TinkonBrink
Meegs82
willgirl
southerngirl
MoonlightGardenias
bones206
SnoopGirl
jagglebells
moviegirl
HeyHey
mereva
heirofloki
queen bess
Shakari
DBCrazy
Luna
agnerka81
Turi ray of sunshine
loserette
ForensicMama
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Health Crisis for Booth Empty Health Crisis for Booth

Post by ForensicMama Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:08 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

So what, is the nookie Bones is finally gonna let Booth and Brennan have in this season's finale just a lovely parting gift for David Boreanaz's character? Probably not, but it sounds like the wisecracking detective will stare death in the face later this season.

"He will be going through a major health crisis," reveals executive producer Stephen Nathan, "which will cause him to hallucinate."

Yikes. But whatever Booth's ultimate fate (the fact that he's the star of the show probably bodes well for him), at least viewers won't be imagining his sweet, sweet lovemaking with his partner. "The last episode [of the season] Booth and Brennan are in bed together," Nathan confirms. "And we can't have them in bed naked without having sex."

And the morning after? Will their be catastrophic Moonlighting-esque awkwardness? Thankfully, no. "That's all going to be resolved within that episode," Nathan promises, "because we also have to resolve the fact that Brennan wants to have a child."

So what do you think, folks? Does the words "health" and "crisis" in the same sentence as the name "Booth" strike terror into your hearts? Or do you figure this is just another way for Bones to rattle our... you know? Sound off below. (Additional reporting by Andy Patrick)
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Health Crisis for Booth Empty Re: Health Crisis for Booth

Post by loserette Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:12 am

More hallucinating??? Come on! And now it is worded "Brennan wants to have a child"? (I am going to dislike that idea until the day I die... Well, probably not. But still) I hope the writers don't go overboard w/ their imagination...

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Say What You Want : Reality continues to ruin my life. Calvin&Hobbes
Registration date : 2008-10-30

http://notesfromanemotionallyimpaired.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:16 am

O............. M................. G..............
I am going to need TIME to process this!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:20 am

Ok I know this is a long shot; but could it be MAYBE that Booth is hallucinating that Brennan wants to have a child?
I mean it's something PLAUSIBLE

*crosses fingers*
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by loserette Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:24 am

Turi ray of sunshine wrote:Ok I know this is a long shot; but could it be MAYBE that Booth is hallucinating that Brennan wants to have a child?

*crosses fingers*

I don't think so... In the spoilers it always sounded like Brennan was the one thinking about it.

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by agnerka81 Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:32 am

Well w/the wording 'have a child' doesn't necessarily mean biological. Maybe she'll adopt (or at least look into it). It would totally be a Brennan thing to rationalize her way into: already here so not adding to the population, and in need of a safe and stable home which she can provide. Kindof like an Andy situation... only long term.

OR maybe someones kind and warm brown eyes have done a little magic! Though I think the case can be made for Bones to be entertaining the idea of a biological child. From Donovan to Hailey to Andy they've been chipping away at her stance on children for awhile now, not to mention the fact the they alude to her spending time w/Parker. I mean come on he calls her Bones! Chip chip chip!
agnerka81
agnerka81
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : This is my obsession, BONES, as far as obsessions go its not that bad...right?
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:00 am

loserette wrote:
Turi ray of sunshine wrote:Ok I know this is a long shot; but could it be MAYBE that Booth is hallucinating that Brennan wants to have a child?

*crosses fingers*

I don't think so... In the spoilers it always sounded like Brennan was the one thinking about it.

*sighs*
A girl can dream; for some reason I always thought (and blame my reading fanfiction for this Very Happy) that IF and WHEN that happened Booth and her would MAYBE be in a more stable relationship. Maybe more like a “I want to have my own family” type of thing; she doesn’t even NEED to marry him! but be together before she thinks of babies.

But I guess we will have to wait and see; some of the sides and spoilers turn out to be better when one get’s to watch the real action.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:25 am

Ok, I must totally be out of it because I seem to be the only one having trouble processing this...what's the relation with Booth's health problem and them sleeping together? Is he hallucinating it? Or are they just tossing in The Sex Thing for the hell of it? And why won't we be imagining "sweet, sweet lovemaking"? I still am!
Luna
Luna
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-11-12

http://myspace.com/jam2life

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:15 am

I bet Booth has a brain tumor. HH has been hinting at this throughout this season with Booth's hallucinations.

and as for Brennan wanting a child, can't a woman change her mind? It's a biological clock... she's probably beginning to feel that she may be alone forever... Cam's going to have a child and she was the only other woman she really knew that didn't want children. I think it's perfectly realistic for a woman to change her mind.

I once wanted six kids. The more the merrier. Now I just want one.

And I'm sure the lovemaking is real. But they won't pursue a relationship.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:17 am

I don't know where everything stands with what HH has said on this but, the way I see it we could have
... Booth imagining the whole thing - sex and baby. *ho hum*
... Booth having a brain tumor or something that will explain the recent hallucinations, maybe near death, and they both want to have sex and Brennan wants to have a little Booth around since big Booth won't live. *gag*
... Booth thinking he's near death, then finding out he's not, and decides finally that he's not going to hold back anymore and goes for Brennan for real! *better*

I hate the idea that some big outside force finally pushes them to fall together. I want more. I want better!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:19 am

ForensicMama wrote:...And I'm sure the lovemaking is real. But they won't pursue a relationship.
Mama, where's the love?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:28 am

DBCrazy wrote:
ForensicMama wrote:...And I'm sure the lovemaking is real. But they won't pursue a relationship.
Mama, where's the love?

LOL...

But I'm serious. From the sounds of this spoiler and the fact that it'll be "resolved in that episode"... sounds like they won't pursue a relationship.

Also..

And I think that this scenario is really realistic. These two have been in multiple compromising situations (i.e. Vegas, Circus, etc.) but they've kept their control. Something has to push them to the edge for this event to occur.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:29 am

DBCrazy wrote:
... Booth thinking he's near death, then finding out he's not, and decides finally that he's not going to hold back anymore and goes for Brennan for real! *better*

I hate the idea that some big outside force finally pushes them to fall together. I want more. I want better!

I totally agree with you...and that's the best scenario from this, in my opinion.

....I dunno...I'm a little apprehensive about it! We'll have to see what happens. =p
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:29 am

ok... i was worried about the season finale spoiler but i had fanwanked it to a degree that i could handle it...

this now make me feel worse... ONE episode?? that all it's going to take to 'resolve' is one episode makes me feel that the writers really underestimate the viewers...

i should stop reading spoilers... they make me nervous....

and yeah brennan now WANTS a baby?!?!? WHAT?!?!?
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17725
Say What You Want : demoted to countess...
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:32 am

I also had another thought... that Booth could know about this (in Bones world, current time) but has not told Brennan b/c he doesn't want to worry her, etc.

Then in the finale, Booth passes out. So he's taken to the ER. Brennan finds out that way. She gets really angry at him for not trusting her with this information and accuses him, asking him if she really means that little to him that he would keep that from him. So they get into an argument. Then they go at it passionately.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:43 am

Eh, not to be a downer, but the fact that they're now mentioning hallucinations, the sex and the resolution will all be for the finale is making me think "fantasy" episode. Just the impression I'm getting.

Notice Nathan mentions that WE won't hallucinate their encounter, but doesn't even imply if Booth might...

Last edited by heirofloki on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by loserette Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:44 am

ForensicMama wrote:I also had another thought... that Booth could know about this (in Bones world, current time) but has not told Brennan b/c he doesn't want to worry her, etc.

Then in the finale, Booth passes out. So he's taken to the ER. Brennan finds out that way. She gets really angry at him for not trusting her with this information and accuses him, asking him if she really means that little to him that he would keep that from him. So they get into an argument. Then they go at it passionately.

Hmmm... Well... Sounds definitely interesting...

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:55 am

heirofloki wrote:Eh, not to be a downer, but the fact that they're now mentioning hallucinations, the sex and the resolution will all be for the finale is making me think "fantasy" episode. Just the impression I'm getting.

Notice Nathan mentions that WE won't hallucinate their encounter, but doesn't even imply if Booth might...
Exactly what I thought, too: may be the the whole roll in the hay with Brennan will be Booth's hallucination...
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by loserette Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:56 am

heirofloki wrote:Eh, not to be a downer, but the fact that they're now mentioning hallucinations, the sex and the resolution will all be for the finale is making me think "fantasy" episode. Just the impression I'm getting.

Hart said, that the sex thing will have 'serious ramifications' and that 'they won't be able to walk away from it'. Unless Booth hallucinates and says something compromising in his dream that Brennan or someone else hears (I think there is a fanfic about that somewhere out there... Very Happy ), I don't see how it being hallucinated should have serious ramifications. So I am concluding it might be real.

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:42 am

Causes of Hallucinations:

* Fever, particularly in children and the elderly.
* Sleep deprivation for a longer period.
* Lesions or injuries to the brain may alter brain function and produce hallucinations.
* Delirium or dementia.
* Prolonged or extreme stress can impede thought processes and trigger hallucinations.
* Sensory deprivation, such as blindness or deafness.
* Severe medical illness, including liver failure, kidney failure, and brain cancer.

(Someone mentioned PTSD and that could be it... or brain cancer or some other severe medical illness...)

Someone also mentioned testicular cancer which has back pain as a symptom...
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:43 am

I've always thought that The Hero in the Hold was the fantasy episode that they were talking about and that people are just reading way too much into the word "fantasy".
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:44 am

TV Guide also strongly implied the sex was 'real' and that 'it would only make their relationship stronger'. I think it'll be real. This whole season has built up to it. Every episode. They'd have to go into hiding if they made it a fantasy. Laughing

I'm going to be emotionally wrecked by the finale - all this going back and forwards with is it 'real', is it a fantasy? Laughing

It must also tie in with the other spoiler about the finale - everyone being suspicious of each other?!

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by moviegirl Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:58 am

So I am confused.... is the health crisis resolved in one episode or the sleeping together????

moviegirl
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:29 am

Well... We know that them sleeping together can't just be "resolved". They said that them sleeping together wasn't something that they weren't just going to be able to walk away from.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:46 am

ForensicMama wrote:I've always thought that The Hero in the Hold was the fantasy episode that they were talking about and that people are just reading way too much into the word "fantasy".
That is what I thought Smile

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down