Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffy/Angel fans

+24
country2776
Nightowl
G
SJB
rexcat
katharine
jsgemini
crzy4bones
CanadianBones
yvettelgh
treble21
suck.it.up.buttercup91
Meegs82
THX1138
missdebra87
moonlightbones
i_heart_bones
Tan
DBCrazy
MoonlightGardenias
Zeddie
flyersfan35
lena152
Fluffernutter
28 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Buffy/Angel fans - Page 40 Empty Re: Buffy/Angel fans

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Nightowl wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:Most likely...

Did she tell you we had a nice chat on msn this evening/morning?
She did not... Suspect Am I in trouble? Laughing
Of course not! We barely mentioned you...lol

No, it was just fun.

Now, back to the show...how are you liking it so far?
It's good. I am enjoying it. More than I would have thought.
At any point does Angel actually read a Batman comic? I would like to win a bet! LOL
Sorry. Not that I'm aware of...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:19 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:

No, it was just fun.

At any point does Angel actually read a Batman comic? I would like to win a bet! LOL
Oh well. I really believe that either the writers or proucers were huge fans of comic books. There is some definite influence. Very Happy
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by GryphonTatoo Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:41 am

Hello Angel/Buffy Fans!

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself and say HI. I'm glad there's a thread here for my favorite show of all time...Angel. I only discovered it last year...which led me to find Buffy (only episodes with Angel though) and then Bones. Wow. I'm in definitely in DB heaven!

I own every nonfiction book that has been written about it. What I didn't learn through watching every episode a zillion times, I learned via these books. Very insightful information and discussions that have only heightened my love for this unique show and the production values that made it so special.

Obsess much? Yes I do!

GryphonTatoo
GryphonTatoo

Number of posts : 20
Say What You Want : I have no friends or family who understand my obsession with Bones - and DB! Crazy people, right?
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:33 am

Just finished watching BtVS Lies My Parents told me. I really liked that one...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:41 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:Just finished watching BtVS Lies My Parents told me. I really liked that one...

yeah that's an excellent episode.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Nightowl wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:

No, it was just fun.

Oh well. I really believe that either the writers or proucers were huge fans of comic books. There is some definite influence. Very Happy

Joss Whedon is a huge comic book fan, in fact after Buffy and Angel ended he has continued both series on in graphic novel format.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Going on vacation this week and will be seeing some pool side time. Trying to decide which Buffy / Angel / Bones DVD's to take with me. So many to want, so little room to pack.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:27 am

I caught an episode this morning. It was Angel (I almost said Booth!) taking the 3 challenges to get Darla's life renewed. I just love that scene in the hotel when she realizes that her "chance" is to die the way she should have before. And Angel resigning himself to it, and offering to stay with her through it.

It's been a long while since I've watched any Buffy, but this scene makes me feel that he loves/loved her more than he ever did Buffy. It's probably not supposed to, but it does!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:14 am

DBCrazy wrote:I caught an episode this morning. It was Angel (I almost said Booth!) taking the 3 challenges to get Darla's life renewed. I just love that scene in the hotel when she realizes that her "chance" is to die the way she should have before. And Angel resigning himself to it, and offering to stay with her through it.

It's been a long while since I've watched any Buffy, but this scene makes me feel that he loves/loved her more than he ever did Buffy. It's probably not supposed to, but it does!
See, I never got that. I mean, he was with her for 150 years or so, but he was a vampire, without a soul. He couldn't love, at least in my opinion. Infatuation, obsession I get. But not love. When he got his soul, she left him, and he did his 80 years or so of remorse alone. (And I know, I probably got those years wrong, lol) I just think that he came to love her after she became human, because of who he is, and of course, who she was to him before. Of course, that's only my interpretation. I do love that scene, though. Makes me cry every time.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Oh, and I'm not feeling very friendly towards Buffy atm. Am I the only one thinking 'slut' watching End of Days and Chosen?? I mean, come on...pick one or the other. But don't go from cuddling with Spike to kissing Angel and giving him hope for the future, and then end up cuddling with Spike again. Geez...

I guess it was Joss' way of appeasing both Buffy/Spike shippers and Buffy/Angel shippers, but to me, it just made me really dislike her. Pick a vampire, for goodness sake!

Thanks for letting me vent...I'm okay now. lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by GryphonTatoo Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:59 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:Oh, and I'm not feeling very friendly towards Buffy atm. Am I the only one thinking 'slut' watching End of Days and Chosen?? I mean, come on...pick one or the other. But don't go from cuddling with Spike to kissing Angel and giving him hope for the future, and then end up cuddling with Spike again. Geez...

I guess it was Joss' way of appeasing both Buffy/Spike shippers and Buffy/Angel shippers, but to me, it just made me really dislike her. Pick a vampire, for goodness sake!

Hey, I understand completely. I wasn't liking Buffy then either, but I never did after she hooked up with Spike. It didn't sit well with me at all. Sorry to any Spuffy fans out there. And I really liked the character of Spike in the early years...and on Angel. Just not with Buffy.

The following is a link to a blog article and video that won the 2010 Mr. Pointy award on the slayage website. "What Would Buffy Do? Notes on Staking Edward Cullen." It's fantastic comparison of Buffy and Twilight.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
GryphonTatoo
GryphonTatoo

Say What You Want : I have no friends or family who understand my obsession with Bones - and DB! Crazy people, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm

GryphonTatoo wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:Oh, and I'm not feeling very friendly towards Buffy atm. Am I the only one thinking 'slut' watching End of Days and Chosen?? I mean, come on...pick one or the other. But don't go from cuddling with Spike to kissing Angel and giving him hope for the future, and then end up cuddling with Spike again. Geez...

Hey, I understand completely. I wasn't liking Buffy then either, but I never did after she hooked up with Spike. It didn't sit well with me at all. Sorry to any Spuffy fans out there. And I really liked the character of Spike in the early years...and on Angel. Just not with Buffy.

The following is a link to a blog article and video that won the 2010 Mr. Pointy award on the slayage website. "What Would Buffy Do? Notes on Staking Edward Cullen." It's fantastic comparison of Buffy and Twilight.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
I am totally Buffy/Angel all the way. In fact, I didn't even watch Buffy seasons 5-7 until a few weeks ago, because I didn't even want to see the Spike interaction. And the sad part is, I love Spike. He was a great character...even pining after Buffy was fun. And as far as them growing close and becoming friends...I would have loved that. But the sex show? Ugh...it made me sick. And not because she was with someone besides Angel either...I never had a problem with her and Riley. I just thought the storyline was way off.

Anyway...thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:38 pm

^ Fly ITA about the B/S sex storyline.... I think for me it was just so out of character for Buffy to do that, and when it first happened I could explain it away as residual emotional distress from being resurrected.... any subsequent hooking up, just grossed me out.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:42 pm

treble21 wrote:^ Fly ITA about the B/S sex storyline.... I think for me it was just so out of character for Buffy to do that, and when it first happened I could explain it away as residual emotional distress from being resurrected.... any subsequent hooking up, just grossed me out.
Exactly!!!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by GryphonTatoo Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Flyersfan35:

I've watched some episodes of Buffy after the third season, just out of curiosity, but without Angel, I totally lost interest. I really liked Fool for Love (especially with the Angel tie in ep Darla) and Lies My Parents Told Me. I always loved the flashbacks. I didn't like Riley...and the whole thing with the Initiative. Ick.

Darn that Joss. He was brilliant, but he had that devilish tendency to take storylines WAY out in left field.

One of the reasons I loved Angel was the fact the writers could actually surprise me with an ep ending that blew my mind. Something I never expected. Something that made me go OMG! That's good TV to me.
GryphonTatoo
GryphonTatoo

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:45 pm

GryphonTatoo wrote:Flyersfan35:

I've watched some episodes of Buffy after the third season, just out of curiosity, but without Angel, I totally lost interest. I really liked Fool for Love (especially with the Angel tie in ep Darla) and Lies My Parents Told Me. I always loved the flashbacks. I didn't like Riley...and the whole thing with the Initiative. Ick.

Darn that Joss. He was brilliant, but he had that devilish tendency to take storylines WAY out in left field.

One of the reasons I loved Angel was the fact the writers could actually surprise me with an ep ending that blew my mind. Something I never expected. Something that made me go OMG! That's good TV to me.
I was the same way...I only watched season 4 right away because I was curios, and because I knew there were crossover episodes. But I loved Angel...well, except for half of season 4, lol. I really think they ruined the Angel/Cordy friendship. They were perfect as close friends, but I thought they had zero romantic chemistry. Again, just like the Buffy/Spike storyline, to me it just didn't fit. *shrugs*

Anyway, I loved the first three of Buffy, and I enjoyed 5 and 7. 4 was too...I don't know how to say it. And 6 was just silly...I was not a fan of the trio. There were some good eps, though.

flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:21 am

What the hell... no time like the present...

I have a mancrush on Angel.

Can you blame me?

lol!
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:27 am

Nightowl wrote:What the hell... no time like the present...

Can you blame me?

lol!
Nope, not at all, Mr G. It's perfectly understandable...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:31 am

I would only spoon with him though. Nothing more.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:35 am

Can you blame me?

lol!

Way to throw yourself under the bus right at the end LMAO
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:35 am

Nightowl wrote:I would only spoon with him though. Nothing more.
Mmhm...sure...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:44 am

treble21 wrote:

Can you blame me?

lol!

Way to throw yourself under the bus right at the end LMAO
Angel's end? Haha!
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK