Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily is Making a Difference using GoodSearch.com!

Go down

Emily is Making a Difference using GoodSearch.com! Empty Emily is Making a Difference using GoodSearch.com!

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:56 am

Posted by Virpukka on the 16/09/2007 at 11:57:18 (16/09/2007 12:57:18 AM)

Here is a spot by Emily why to use goodsearch.com.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Must say that I already changed my search page to that because helping others can't come any easier.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2130
Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Emily is Making a Difference using GoodSearch.com! Empty Posted by riviera41797 on the 16/09/2007 at 12:31:36 (16/09/2007 01:31:36 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:57 am

I changed it to my default page too - I got to choose the Crohn's disease charity (I have Crohns and it sucks), I am going to set my sisters computer up that way too when I get a chance.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥

Back to top Go down

Emily is Making a Difference using GoodSearch.com! Empty Posted by sophie on the 17/09/2007 at 11:05:12 (17/09/2007 12:05:12 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:57 am

i also already changed my home page to goodsearch.com

(:
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily is Making a Difference using GoodSearch.com! Empty Posted by HarHar21 on the 17/09/2007 20:22:14 (17/09/2007 09:22:14 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:58 am

been using goodsearch since bill maher mentioned it sometime ago..this is the first i hear about this.really? good for ya Emily!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily is Making a Difference using GoodSearch.com! Empty Posted by HarHar21 on the 23/09/2007 at 01:37:00 (23/09/2007 02:37:00 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:58 am

so here's the interview:

GoodSearch: Why do you support Women for Women International?

Emily: I know the organization does what it says it is doing. Lisa Shannon who introduced me to Women for Women has been to Congo and has met the women she has sponsored. These women are getting education, job training and money to use how they wish. Most importantly they are getting their dignity back after war and violence has taken it away. The countries that Women for Women works in are some of the worst places to live, especially for women. I want to let these women know that we are aware of their struggles and that we want to help them get their lives back.

GoodSearch: Do you support other organizations as well?

Emily: Yes. I am involved with a few animal charities. most closely with Farm Sanctuary (a wonderful sanctuary for farm animals), the Humane Society as well as PETA.

GoodSearch: As a celebrity, what can you do to help raise awareness for these causes?

Emily: Well, I hate the idea that people listen to a celebrity more than someone who has a normal job, but that's the reality of our culture and i think one of the great gifts of having success in my business is the ability to reach a large number of people. And you can use that opportunity to raise awareness about certain issues and causes. But I am also a huge fan of grass roots technique. just tell a few people and they will tell a few more...anyone can make a difference

GoodSearch: What nonprofit do you think your character on Bones would support?

Emily: I think Brennan would probably be involved with a charity that helps foster kids in this country. I haven't done my research yet on those charities. Brennan was a foster child herself. We've done a couple episodes about the foster system.. a lot of kids get lost or abused. I think that would be close to her heart...

GoodSearch: If you had to give a reason why people should use GoodSearch on behalf of their favorite cause, what would it be?

Emily: I'm telling everyone I talk to: people are going to search the internet anyway, why not feel good about it and help a charity along the way?
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily is Making a Difference using GoodSearch.com! Empty Posted by Sarah9488 on the 24/09/2007 at 04:56:15 (24/09/2007 05:56:15 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:59 am

I've changed it either. Women for Women seems to be a very good organization. I'd adopt a sister there if I had the money.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily is Making a Difference using GoodSearch.com! Empty Re: Emily is Making a Difference using GoodSearch.com!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down