Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Contest -- Land a Role on Bones!!!!!

+7
Sarah9488
ForensicMama
Meegs82
MichelleMcW
fairytales_end
willgirl
DBCrazy
11 posters

:: News

Go down

New Contest -- Land a Role on Bones!!!!! Empty New Contest -- Land a Role on Bones!!!!!

Post by DBCrazy Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:16 am

Land a Role on Bones
Starts: 01/12/2009 Ends: 02/16/2009

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

What could a role on one of Fox's most popular Primetime dramas do to help you get your BIG break in Hollywood? ... I'll let you go there and read about it, but a bit of it is that it's submitting a video of the script they supply, it will be internet voting, they'll fly you out to LA!!!! Wow!!

Sorry, I posted that you would be paid, but when I re-read the rules it said that you would NOT be paid!

Last edited by DBCrazy on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correction)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

New Contest -- Land a Role on Bones!!!!! Empty Re: New Contest -- Land a Role on Bones!!!!!

Post by willgirl Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:32 am

Excellent! Thanks for the post!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

New Contest -- Land a Role on Bones!!!!! Empty Re: New Contest -- Land a Role on Bones!!!!!

Post by fairytales_end Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 am

You have to be 18 Sad

Anyway, I really hope someone from here wins!
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleMcW Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:05 am

wait... why is it so simple? is it legit?
MichelleMcW
MichelleMcW

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Huh. That's very interesting. Cam and Fisher are the only 2 characters, though? Weird.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:10 pm

It looks legit to me, although I'd never heard of the site before. I've read through rules and there's all kinds of legal mumbo jumbo about BONES and FOX ... The script is a snippet from the show where the grad student Fisher is down on himself and Cam tells him she'll get him a Kierkegaard t-shirt. I've looked at some of the videos that are already out there ...

I'd like to submit one. A girl (hh-hm, old lady) can dream can't she?? The nightmare on the other side of the dream is that my video would surface somewhere like those American Idol tryout clips do! Embarassed Shocked pale
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:28 pm

I told my hubby about it and it looks like you have to upload it and then get your friends and family to vote for it, too. I was annoyed about that part... that it's not based on your talent... but my hubby is determined to do it. He wants to do a green screen thingy... so we'll see if I try it. We'll see.

And DBCrazy, you should try it anyway. I've actually got the opposite problem, in a way... I am 24 but I look closer to 16 and I wonder if anyone would take me seriously. LOL. They might write the script with a lot of jokes like they told about poor Sweets in the beginning if I won. lol. Oh well.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:11 am

hmm, my problem is that I'll never be able to get to the US to do it...
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:22 am

oh to land a role on bones...........how wonderful that would be.......but then after seeing me.........i would get all famous and stuff.......and then never be able to go out and do normal things without the paparazzi all around me with the cameras........oh what a horrible life.......lol
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:13 am

Hehehe, bizzle, you have the best sense of humor! Smile LOL
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:05 am

A2BOREANAZ wrote:oh to land a role on bones...........how wonderful that would be.......but then after seeing me.........i would get all famous and stuff.......and then never be able to go out and do normal things without the paparazzi all around me with the cameras........oh what a horrible life.......lol

I think David wouldn't think his life is horrible. It seems like that whole cast keeps out of the papparazzi life. I mean it seems most prime time actors do... I don't hear much about House actors either, and even less of Bones' actors. So i don't think you would have the papparazzi all over you unless. You partied all the time, forgot to wear panties and/or you get married then divorced, then married again and then have babies. Cause Hollywoods obsessed with who's having who's baby and such...

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 354
Say What You Want : Dancers do it best.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:40 am

If anybody enters, let us know and the full force of the ABY will vote for you!!!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Would it just be incredibly unfair for me to enter? LOL Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:15 pm

No go for it...you already have the experience!! Wink
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:20 pm

I *AM* an actor, right? Wink LOL Oh, how I wish I were a real actor. *sigh* I miss L.A. Sad
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Meg, enter!!
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:38 pm

ForensicMama wrote:I told my hubby about it and it looks like you have to upload it and then get your friends and family to vote for it, too. I was annoyed about that part... that it's not based on your talent... but my hubby is determined to do it. He wants to do a green screen thingy... so we'll see if I try it. We'll see.

And DBCrazy, you should try it anyway. I've actually got the opposite problem, in a way... I am 24 but I look closer to 16 and I wonder if anyone would take me seriously. LOL. They might write the script with a lot of jokes like they told about poor Sweets in the beginning if I won. lol. Oh well.

I hear you Forensic... I'm 22 and could easily pass for a 15 year old. As for it being legit, if it was wouldn't be promoted on fox somehow, whether on TV or on their website? IDK, I don't know how it works. I know most scripts are usually done with 2 characters so that the person auditioning has someone else to work off of.

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:20 am

It's legit. It doesn't have to be advertised on Fox to be legit. The auction I won wasn't promoted by Fox or anything.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:01 am

Yeah, it's legit alright. Take a look at the site, there's a clip of TJ, Michaela and Tamara introducing the contest. You'll find a script too, short and sweet ... well, not so sweet. I just looked and so far there are 49 entries!

I downloaded the script. I've been practicing it.
I'm somewhere between going for it bounce and chickening out No !!!!

How about you Mama? Are you and your hubby gonna make an entry???
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:24 am

DBCrazy wrote:Yeah, it's legit alright. Take a look at the site, there's a clip of TJ, Michaela and Tamara introducing the contest. You'll find a script too, short and sweet ... well, not so sweet. I just looked and so far there are 49 entries!

I downloaded the script. I've been practicing it.
I'm somewhere between going for it bounce and chickening out No !!!!

How about you Mama? Are you and your hubby gonna make an entry???

You should go for it! I might go her it too! I mean it's not like American Idol and you aren't going acting infront of Simon Cowell. that would be worse, i think!

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:52 am

Thanks for the encouragement, TearDrops. I tell ya, I wouldn't so much as hum for Simon Cowell!

I was a theatre major in college, I've done some community theatre too, so I've auditioned for stuff before. You go up, your heart is racing, your knees are knocking, and by the time you get to sit back down your hands are shaking for the next hour. - But it's OVER! You'll either get the part, or you won't!

This video - you finally talk yourself into doing it, then anybody can CLICK and take a look. And then ... oh, never mind. I'm trying to talk myself into it and talk myself out of it at the same time. Nerves!! Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:38 pm

I would do it, but I have absolutely no acting skillz. XD I'm too nervous.
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:51 pm

Well, what I'm sitting here doing right now is practicing the script. If I do it (!?!?!) it'll be me doing both parts, something like those crazy comics do when they have a conversation by themselves.

I wanted to make the two voices very distinguishable, so I've got Fisher being some kind of brit-aussie something-or-other. I've probably butchered it to pieces, but at least it's easier to listen to than the way it went on the show - Fisher was so dead-pan. Who wants that to live on the internet forever??
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Guys anyone who's interested should go for it, you never know!
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum