Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take a chance in 2009!

3 posters

:: News

Go down

Take a chance in 2009! Empty Take a chance in 2009!

Post by bugaboo628 Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:49 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"For one thing, I'll be adding a new show to my regular line-up. What show has earned this coveted right, you ask? Well, it's a show that's been around for a few seasons but one I've largely ignored: The fox crime procedural "Bones."

Someone had tried to turn my attention to this little gem once before, and I thought it was cute but basically let it go. I still only thought of it as "that show with the guy whose dad was my weatherman growing up." (Look it up: David Boreanaz's dad is Philadelphia's own Dave Roberts).

When I heard TNT was planning to air a marathon of the show on New Year's Day though, I figured I'd give it another chance. And that was enough. It really showed itself to be unlike all the other crime/forensic dramas out there. "Bones" neither takes itself too seriously like the overrated "CSI" brand nor has worn out its welcome like "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit."

The stories occasionally come close to crossing the line into unbelievability, but I give them leeway here because the humor injected into the series makes up for it. And the romantic tension between Boreanaz and costar Emily Deschanel? Palpable and delicious."
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Take a chance in 2009! Empty Re: Take a chance in 2009!

Post by ForensicMama Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:26 pm

LOL BURN! (about the SVU & CSI comments)!

Love that she described the ST as being "Palpable and Delicious!"

Oh I love that someone was converted during TNT's marathon! Very Happy

Once again, Bug, you ROCK!!!!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:01 am

That is fabulous! Amen to everything the writer said! Not that I watch CSI or SVU, but from what I have heard, those shows definietly take themselves WAY too seriously. *sorry to the CSI and/or SVU fans!) Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum