Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hart Hansen Extends Deal with Fox

:: News

Go down

Hart Hansen Extends Deal with Fox Empty Hart Hansen Extends Deal with Fox

Post by ehbee Fri May 30, 2008 11:10 pm

'Bones' executive gets extension
Hart Hanson prolongs deal with Fox TV
By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

As part of the deal, Hanson will continue to exec produce and showrun "Bones," while simultaneously developing the one-hour project "Lies and Promises," based on Harlan Coben's novel series.

"We've been in business with Hart for a long time, and believe he's tremendously talented," said 20th Century Fox TV chairman Gary Newman. "In 'Bones' he's managed to take a fairly traditional style of TV, the procedural investigative drama, and imbue it with a tone and attitude and humor that makes it feel of the moment."

20th is such a believer in Hanson that it renegotiated his deal a year early. New pact is for three years, with the option for a fourth.

"It was sooner than they needed to, and shows the class that they've shown me over the past five or six years," Hanson said. "They treat me very well. And I get along great with Gary and Dana (Walden) as well as their development team."

"Lies and Promises" is based on Coben's character Myron Bolitar, a former basketball player who becomes a sports agent -- and winds up solving murder mysteries.

"I had never heard of the books, but was a fan of those kind of crime novels," said Hanson of the eight-book Myron Bolitar series.

"Bones," starring David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel, remains a solid player for Fox -- where the show is now in its third season.

Hanson's other credits include "Judging Amy," "Joan of Arcadia" and "Cupid."

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 728
Say What You Want : A pregnant goldfish is called a 'twit'
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum: