Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is 'Bones' a "Girly" Show?

:: News

Go down

Is 'Bones' a "Girly" Show? Empty Is 'Bones' a "Girly" Show?

Post by ehbee Sat May 31, 2008 12:42 pm

Willi says: Interesting article. I slightly disagree, but most of the viewers are female. I suppose men have a hard time with a strong, independent, brainy woman!

Why am I not allowed to watch Bones?

Posted Mar 23rd 2008 2:03PM by Debra McDuffee

Oh, the disparity with the television control in my house ... I suffer through Prison Break, Lost (I am probably the only non-fan in America, who cringes at the self-indulgence of the show with the plot that goes nowhere), The Shield and Breaking Bad.

But when I want to watch Bones? The moans, the groans, the laptop and the disinterest begin. Why is Bones not allowed in Mantown?

Tell me men, why are you opposed to a show with a strong male lead character, who is well rounded, funny, good-looking, sensitive, somewhat damaged but complex and good at what he does? You surely can't be threatened by a TV character. My husband loved Angel, so why is Boreanaz not getting the love on Bones?

The cases are interesting and complex, the action is fast-paced and there are even some dark and gruesome elements to the killers and even the secrets of the main characters' lives. Isn't this more appealing than cancer?

There are even lighter moments which work when the serial killer stuff gets too heavy. The strange but sweet relationship between Angela and Hodgins, Zack and Dr. Sweets, just quirky enough to keep us smiling.

And why, oh why, would you not want to watch a show with three very attractive women, if simply for the eye candy? Angela and Camille are very attractive, and Brennan is too if you can look past her awkwardness, an important part of her character.

The chemistry and charming banter between Brennan and Booth just adds to the well-rounded tenor of this show. There really is something for everyone.

Let's face it, my husband's manhood was already compromised when he allowed me to watch Grey's Anatomy, so really, would Bones be all that bad?
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 728
Say What You Want : A pregnant goldfish is called a 'twit'
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum