Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regaurding Parker- Sequel to "25...Words" - Angst - T/M by Meegs82 Posted 12/01/2008

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Regaurding Parker- Sequel to "25...Words" - Angst - T/M by Meegs82 Posted 12/01/2008 - Page 3 Empty Re: Regaurding Parker- Sequel to "25...Words" - Angst - T/M by Meegs82 Posted 12/01/2008

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:23 am

Posted 26/01/2008 04:54:09 PM

DBAngelfan

Wait...is this story up somewhere else already? *is confused*
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Regaurding Parker- Sequel to "25...Words" - Angst - T/M by Meegs82 Posted 12/01/2008 - Page 3 Empty Re: Regaurding Parker- Sequel to "25...Words" - Angst - T/M by Meegs82 Posted 12/01/2008

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:23 am

Posted 27/01/2008 00:12:10 AM

Meegs82

DBAngelFan, this story was up at the old Boneyard and then at FanFiction.net. It was originally started last April with "25 Simple Words."

And as soon as fab reviews, I'll have more for you all!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:24 am

Posted 27/01/2008 00:55:15 AM

fanofbones

OK fab is here and reviewing....
And what the bloody hell did K do to her? Broken arm and every bone in her body hurts, what the fuck? Booth will surely kill the sonofabitch....I can't wait to find out who it is...*fab remembering that Bren reconized his voice earlier* hmmmmmmmmmmmm, got no idea....have I missed a clue?
Edge of seat here sweetie

hugs
fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:25 am

Posted 27/01/2008 01:31:32 AM

Meegs82

Yay, fab reviewed! I always rely on the wonderful fab to tell me how it's going. Luv ya, woman! And now, here is a nice special treat. I think you all might like the turn this takes. Okay, enough said, here ya go:
CHAPTER 13

“Daddy!” Parker exclaimed as he ran into Booth’s arms.

“Hey, buddy! Oh, gosh, I missed you so much,” Booth said as he hugged his little boy in his arms. He squeezed tighter, not wanting to let go.

“Daddy, I can’t breathe,” Parker spoke up from underneath Booth’s arms.

“Sorry, pal. Daddy’s just really happy to see you, that’s all,” Booth told him.

Angela followed closely behind. “He has a cut on his hand, but other than that, he looks fine,” Angela informed Booth.

Booth turned Parker’s left hand over. “Why don’t we get that cleaned up, bud,” Booth said. “Do you hurt anywhere, Parker? Did that man hurt you?” Booth asked his son as they made their way to the bathroom at the Jeffersonian.

“No, Daddy. Just my hand, but Dr. Bones made it feel better,” Parker explained as Booth hoisted him up so he could reach the sink. Booth’s heart sank at the thought of Bones.

“Dr. Bones, huh?” Booth said.

“Yeah, she said it can be my special nickname for her,” Parker explained to his father as he scrubbed his hands with soap.

“So, you saw Dr. Bones?” Booth asked, interested.

“No, but we talked through the wall. Oh, Daddy! She said she would get me a puppy and I’m gonna name him Rufus!” Parker said, excitedly.

“Really? That sounds cool, bud,” Booth said as he knelt down to scrub Parker’s hand.

“I really like her, Daddy. She said she’d come to the park today and play. When is she gonna get here?” Parker asked.

Booth looked in his son’s eyes, which were sparkling. It was almost as if he had forgotten about what he had been through in the past few days.

“I’m not sure, pal. But hopefully it’ll be soon,” Booth replied as he rinsed Parker’s cut with clean water.

“I hope so,” Parker said, drying his hands. “Daddy? Where’s Mommy?” Parker asked.

Booth stopped. He had been preparing his speech to his son, but he still hesitated. “Parker, Mommy…she and Drew, well, they had an accident,” Booth began.

“What do you mean?” Parker asked.

“Parker…Mommy and Drew, they made a trip to Heaven,” Booth explained gently as he knelt back down to his son’s level.

“Are they coming back?” Parker asked.

“I told you about Heaven, right, buddy?” Booth asked.

“Yes,” Parker replied.

“Well, do people who go to Heaven come back?” Booth asked.

“We can’t see them, but they’re here,” Parker replied.

“Right, so that’s what happened to Mommy and Drew,” Booth said.

“So, I won’t see Mommy anymore?” Parker asked.

“No, bud, you won’t. But you can dream about her and make believe that she’s right here next to you,” Booth told his son, his heart breaking inside.

“I think I get it,” Parker said, nodding his head.

“Yeah? Alright, we can talk about it some more whenever you want, but right now,” Booth began as he picked Parker up, “we have a party to go to!”

“Really?!” Parker exclaimed.

“Yeah!” Booth replied.

The two Booth boys left the bathroom and walked to Brennan’s office where all of the squints (and Cullen) were waiting to see him. There was a big banner that read, “Welcome Home Parker” hanging above Brennan’s desk. Everyone broke out in cheers and Parker made his way straight to the cake in the middle of the room.

Zack and Cam shook hands with Parker.

Angela and Hodgins went to stand next to Parker. Hodgins cut a piece of cake for him.

“Here ya go, Parker. One great big piece of chocolate cake for the man of the hour!” Hodgins exclaimed as he handed Parker a plate of cake.

“What does that mean?” Parker asked Hodgins.

“It’s okay, buddy. You don’t have to listen to him,” Angela broke in. “He doesn’t usually know what he’s talking about.”

Hodgins glared at Angela. “Ha-ha. I wanna talk to the kid, can you let me?” Hodgins asked, poking Angela on the shoulder.

“Yeah yeah,” Angela responded as she left the boys.

“So, Parker, what kind of cool stuff do you like to do?” Hodgins asked him, thoroughly interested.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cullen walked up to Booth. As of 8:30, Booth had filled Cullen in on what was going on.

“Booth, I’ve already got someone working on trying to find Dr. Brennan,” Cullen informed him, patting him on the shoulder.

“Thank you, sir,” Booth said, unconvinced that they would find anything else that he hadn’t.

“I cannot tell you how happy I am that Parker is home safe and sound. He looks like he’s in good spirits,” Cullen said, looking over at Parker as Hodgins made a goofy motion with his entire body, which sent Parker into a fit of giggles, chocolate cake spewing from his mouth.

“Yeah, I think we owe that to Dr. Brennan,” Booth said as he looked over at his son.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“You’re funny, Dr. Hoggins!” Parker exclaimed through a mouthful of chocolate cake.

“Thanks, kid. I’m glad someone thinks so,” he said as Angela walked up to them, a mimosa in her hand.

Suddenly, Parker’s face turned pale and he threw up chocolate cake all over Hodgins. Hodgins stood there for a moment, not knowing quite what to do. Angela knelt down to Parker and wiped his mouth with napkins. Booth rushed over to his son.

“Hey, buddy, are you alright?” Booth asked.

“Yeah, I just felt sick. I threw up from the rotten egg smell where the man had me, too,” Parker said.

Angela had begun wiping Hodgins down with napkins.

“Wait, rotten eggs?” Hodgins asked. He broke away from Angela’s cleaning and knelt down next to Booth, looking at Parker. “Parker, did you smell rotten eggs?” he asked.

“I think that’s what he just said,” Booth said, irritated.

“I know, but…Parker, did you smell the rotten eggs a lot?” Hodgins asked him.

“Yeah, it always smelled like rotten eggs. It was really gross and I threw up,” Parker explained.

Hodgins eyes sparkled and a smile spread across his face. He sprang up.

“Angela, you dropped Dr. Brennan off at Jackson and Magnolia, right?” Hodgins asked her.

“Yeah, why?” Angela asked, confused.

“Where is the last letter from ‘K’?” Hodgins asked Booth.

“Hodgins, what are you getting at?” Booth asked.

“I just need to see the letter,” Hodgins replied.

Booth went to Brennan’s desk where everything was spread out. He grabbed “K’s” last letter and handed it to Hodgins. Hodgins skimmed it and found what he was looking for.

“What is it?” Angela asked as she gave Parker a sip of water.

Everyone was now grouped in the middle of the room around Hodgins.

“Right here, he says ‘just east of the natural gas plant,’” Hodgins explained, expecting everyone to know what he was talking about.

“And your point would be…?” Booth asked, confused and a little irritated.

“Natural gas is made up of methane which, by itself, is odorless. The gas companies add in a rotten egg odor so that people know when there is a leak. It’s made up of mercaptan or sulfur,” Hodgins explained.

“But what does that mean?” Angela asked.

“It means that if Parker smelled rotten eggs, then there is most likely a leak from the plant and that means that he and Dr. Brennan were being held in the same area,” Hodgins replied as he made his way out of his office and onto the platform. He was obviously way ahead of everyone else and they all followed him onto the platform, swiping cards to get access.

He fell into the chair at his computer. In an instant, he had pulled up a map of the plant and the surrounding area.

“There is a shopping center right over here, but that’s on the west side and Angela, you were on the east side,” Hodgins said as he clicked away on his computer. He pulled up the east side of the plant. “Right here is a neighborhood. And right here…is Jackson and Magnolia,” Hodgins said as the streets and houses popped up on the screen.

“Are you saying you can determine the exact house where Dr. Brennan is being held?” Zack asked.

“I don’t know about the exact house, but we need to get the gas company on the phone and find out which part of the neighborhood the leak includes,” Hodgins said.

“I’m on it,” Cam said as she whisked away.

“Now, Parker,” Hodgins said as he leaned down in his chair. “This morning when you met Angela on the street corner, do you remember how you got there?” he asked the boy.

“The man made me wear a blindfold and…and I walked to the corner,” Parker replied.

“How far did you have to walk, Parker?” Hodgins asked him.

Booth was looking back and forth between Hodgins and his son, listening intently.

“It wasn’t that far. It only took a minute,” Parker replied.

Booth’s eyes went wide and the fog cleared in his brain.

Cam returned to the platform. “The company says that only 10 houses on the left and right of Jackson Street were affected. They are still trying to fix it,” Cam explained in a hurry.

“Bingo!” Hodgins exclaimed. “Now, we just need an infrared detector. Director Cullen, can we borrow one?” Hodgins turned to Cullen.

“What do you need it for?” Cullen asked.

“It will be able to detect the natural gas leak as well as body heat,” Hodgins explained.

Suddenly, everyone understood…including Cullen. “I’ll get it to you within a half an hour,” Cullen said as he stepped away and pulled out his cell phone.

Hodgins eyes were wide with exhilaration.

“Alright, we get the infrared and Hodgins and I go to Jackson and Magnolia. Angela, you should come too. You’ve seen the area,” Booth instructed.

“I’d be going even if I hadn’t seen the area,” Angela said, defiantly.

Booth turned to his son. “Parker, buddy, do you mind staying here with Zack and Cam?” he asked.

“But I wanna be with you,” Parker replied.

“Parker, Daddy’s going to go get Dr. Bones and bring her home, okay? I’ll be right back,” Booth explained to his son.

“Dr. Bones is coming?! Okay, go get her, Daddy!” Parker exclaimed as he held his hand up to high five his dad. Booth smiled and gently slapped his son’s hand and kissed him on the top of his head.

“It’ll be here in 20 minutes,” Cullen said as he reappeared. “I’ve got a team on standby.”

“We’ll pick it up on the way. Tell them the location and to hold back until my signal. Call an ambulance and have it waiting,” Booth said. “Hodgins, Angela, let’s go,” he said and the three of them left the platform.

*Bones, I’m coming*
And there ya go! More tomorrow night, ladies!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 27/01/2008 01:55:00 PM
CheeseBK

YAY!!! get her booth, get her!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 27/01/2008 04:20:29 PM
DBAngelfan

more more! But carefully...if there's a spark, they'll be in trouble.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:26 am

Posted 27/01/2008 06:29:06 PM
fanofbones

So glad Park is OK and they gave him a party...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
loved Hodgins with him...
Thank god they have figured it out.....
Bloody well be careful with my Booth girl...
oh excited about the drama...

hugs
fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:26 am

Posted 27/01/2008 06:48:59 PM

Meegs82

Alright, Booth to the rescue! Here ya go:
CHAPTER 14

“Park here,” Hodgins instructed Booth. They were a few streets from Jackson and Magnolia.

Booth looked at Hodgins as if to say “duh.” He pulled his SUV over to the curb.

“Sorry, I’m just…nervous,” Hodgins explained.

They sat in the car for a moment. “Angela, what do you recognize?” Booth asked her.

Angela looked ahead. “I pulled up right by that yellow house on the right. I let her out there. I didn’t see anything. I thought there was supposed to be a van?” Angela asked, confused.

“Yeah, well, he may have lied about that,” Booth replied. “Okay, this is what happens. Angela, you stay here. Hodgins, bring that thing and come with me. We will approach from the side and you will tell me what the infrared brings up,” Booth instructed.

“Alright,” Hodgins replied, grabbing the detector.

“Let’s go,” Booth said, opening the door.

Hodgins kissed Angela and climbed out of the back seat.

Booth motioned something in “FBI signal” to the team that was holding back. They stayed in their place. Booth and Hodgins ran across the street and walked briskly up to Jackson and Magnolia.

“Anything yet?” Booth asked Hodgins.

“Yeah, but not a lot, which is good. There’s activity in the house on the left, definitely a leak there. Also, across the street on Jackson, that house has a leak,” Hodgins explained as he looked at the detector.

“What about the body heat?” Booth asked as he grabbed his gun from the holster.

“Uh, both houses have activity. There are…” he squinted at the detector, “…4 distinct thermal readings in the house across the street and 2 in the house on the left,” he responded.

“If he is alone with her, then I’d say we go with the house on the left,” Booth said, walking forward.

“My thoughts exactly,” Hodgins replied.

They made their way around the corner and to the front lawn of the little blue house. The window drapes were drawn and Booth figured nobody could see out. He continued up the front walk and up the steps. He stopped at the front door.

“Give me your wallet,” he instructed Hodgins.

“What?” Hodgins asked.

“Mine is in the car, I need your credit card,” Booth explained.

“You’re going to crack the door with a credit card?” Hodgins asked as he grabbed his wallet and pulled a credit card out.

“Yeah,” Booth replied. “It’s quiet. We don’t want to scare him off.”

“Right, I knew that,” Hodgins replied.

Booth lowered his gun and pulled out his walkie talkie. “This is Fox1. Request 4 agents at…” he looked for the address, “…24 Jackson Street. Approach with caution and wait for my signal,” Booth spoke in to the radio.

“Roger, engaging,” a voice responded.

Booth returned his walkie talkie to its case and raised his gun, taking Hodgins’ credit card. He turned the knob and wedged the card into the crack of the door. He shifted it back and forth and after 10 seconds or so, the door opened. He handed the card back to Hodgins, who couldn’t believe what he had just seen. He thought that was only done in movies.

Booth entered the house with Hodgins right behind him. The main entry was empty and the house was quiet.

“Where are the readings coming from?” Booth whispered to Hodgins.

“Through that hallway and to the right,” Hodgins whispered back, pointing ahead.

Booth stood up against the wall and pointed his gun into the hallway, which was clear.

“Second room on the right,” Hodgins said.

“Both readings are coming from there?” Booth whispered.

“Yes,” Hodgins replied.

As they walked closer to the second door, they heard a man’s voice. It was muffled through the walls, but it was fairly distinct. As they approached the door, Booth spoke into his radio, “Fox1, move in, send 911, no response,” Booth said as quietly as possible.

He motioned for Hodgins to stand back. He counted to 3 in his head and, gun in hand, he busted through the door.

“FBI! Don’t move!” he yelled at the man standing in the middle of the room, his gun in front of him. He had a black mask on.

Booth’s eyes traveled to the floor where he saw what he had been fearing to see. Brennan was sitting up against the wall, her hair in her face. He didn’t have time to look at her and he focused his attention back to the man.

“Take off the mask,” Booth instructed through gritted teeth and a clenched jaw.

“Agent Booth. Well, I must say, this is unexpected,” the man replied as he raised his hands in the air. He placed one hand on his face and removed the mask. “So nice to see you again, Agent Booth,” the man said.

Booth’s eyes grew wide with sheer and utter rage, “Hollings. Kevin ‘K’ Hollings. I thought Kenton killed you,” Booth said.

“Well, apparently not,” Hollings replied.

“Face down on the bed,” Booth instructed as he moved forward.

“Of course, whatever you say, Agent Booth,” Hollings replied and did as he was told.

Booth stepped towards Hollings cautiously, glancing over at Brennan as he moved.

“You are under the arrest for the kidnappings of Parker Booth and Dr. Temperance Brennan. You have-“

Hollings flew upwards and headbutted Booth with the back of his head. Booth stumbled backwards and Hollings tried to flee. His hand was on the door when the gunshot rang out in the air. Hollings went down, clutching his knee.

“I will paralyze you in an instant if you so much as move a muscle,” Booth said as he slammed his gun in Hollings’ face. “You sick, twisted, little…creature,” Booth said, his eyes sending daggers and his spit flying.

“I’m sure that would please you, Agent Booth. Punishment for me beating and raping Dr. Brennan,” Hollings replied, his tone smooth and evil.

Booth slammed his foot into Holling's shot knee, twisting it as Hollings screamed out. Booth’s finger was fondling the trigger of his gun and he was sorely tempted to pull it. “You mother fu-“

At that moment, the other 4 agents burst through the door, focusing their attention on Hollings.

Booth hesitated, but holstered his gun and ran to Brennan as one of the agents cuffed Hollings.

Her head and face were bruised and her lip was bleeding. Her right wrist was crooked and even Booth could tell that it was broken.

“Temperance, I’m here. Hey, I’m here,” Booth said as he sat down next to her and leaned her head into his shoulder. “Everything’s okay. You’re okay,” Booth said.

Brennan could barely open her eyes, it hurt too much. She moved her head and said, “Parker.”

“He’s fine. He’s safe,” Booth said as he kissed Brennan on the top of the head. “You saved him and he saved you.”
Y'all happier now? Huh? More to come!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:27 am

Posted 27/01/2008 07:05:10 PM
fanofbones

Happy happy joy joy...everyone's safe....
OMG he raped Bren....OMG....
I loved the credit card to the door...and the talk on the radio....so efficient you are with the details...love that...so much...
OK don't want to wait for the rest of this glorious fic, can I continue to read at ff?
To excited here.....

fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:27 am

Posted 27/01/2008 08:49:42 PM
Meegs82

Oh, I SUPPOSE you could read it at ffnet. But can you still review here? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:28 am

Posted 28/01/2008 00:00:38 AM
DBAngelfan

yay, they got there

OK I read the rest of it and the next one on FF.net. I love the whole thing *Squees about the ending* but I won't spoil anything, I promise. And I'll comment here from time to time for you.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:28 am

Posted 28/01/2008 02:19:12 AM
CheeseBK

yay!!!! I love happy endings!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:29 am

Posted 28/01/2008 06:34:58 PM
Meegs82

Oh Cheese, it ain't over yet! I want to get everyone's opinion on something: should I post the sequel here? Or tell everyone to read it at ffnet? The reason I ask is I am going to start posting the FOURTH installment here and I just wanted to know if you all wanted to get caught up here or over there. Let me know!

Meanwhile, on with the next chapter:
CHAPTER 15

Booth paced the waiting room, unable to sit still. Angela, Hodgins, and Zack were all spread out across the waiting room. Parker was asleep in Angela’s lap, his legs hanging over the seat and onto Hodgins.

After another few minutes, a doctor walked through the doors.

“Are you Dr. Temperance Brennan’s family?” the doctor asked.

“Yes, that’s us,” Booth replied, stepping forward to shake hands with the doctor.

“I’m Dr. Ferguson. And you are?” he asked.

“Her fiancé,” Booth responded quickly. Angela gave him a look he didn’t see.

“She is resting comfortably on a morphine drip for the pain,” Dr. Ferguson explained.

“Is she going to be alright?” Booth asked, anxiously.

“Yes, she’s going to be fine. She has a broken right wrist and a sprained left ankle. She has multiple contusions and lacerations on her back and arms, but those will heal. She is on a high-powered antibiotic and we’d like to keep her here for the next 3 days. Her blood pressure has been a little erratic, so we’d like to keep an eye on it,” Dr. Ferguson replied. His eyes glanced downward and he cleared his throat, leaning in towards Booth. “I’m so sorry to have to tell you this, but…” Dr. Ferguson hesitated.

Booth braced himself for the words that were about to come out of the doctor’s mouth.

“There were signs of sexual assault. We performed a rape exam and…” Dr. Ferguson hesitated again, but Booth already knew the truth. Hollings had told him. “We have tested for everything from pregnancy to HIV and they are all negative. But the DNA won’t be in for 48 hours,” Dr. Ferguson finished.

Booth took a deep breath, his jaw clenched and his eyes severe. He wanted so badly to dig his fingers into the hole in Holling’s knee. “Can we go in and see her?” he finally managed to say.

“Yes, of course. But one at a time would be best. She needs to rest,” Dr. Ferguson said, stepping away.

Booth looked to the others.

“Go,” Angela said instantly, smiling. She had not heard the news as Dr. Ferguson had spoken barely above a whisper.

Booth darted out of the waiting room.
He opened the door and closed it quietly. He could see that her eyes were closed and he hoped that she was sleeping…she definitely needed it.

“Booth?” *Nope, no luck on the sleeping*

“Yeah, I’m right here,” he replied as he pulled a chair up next to her bed.

Her right hand was in a cast and gauze dressings covered different parts of both arms. Her lip had been stitched up. He took her left hand gently in his own.

She turned her head to him. “I knew you’d find me,” she told him, just above a whisper.

“Actually, Parker and Hodgins found you,” Booth told her. She looked confused. “I’ll tell you later.”

“But he’s okay?” Brennan asked again.

“Yes, Temperance, he’s perfect. He calls you Dr. Bones, huh?” Booth said, smiling slightly.

“Yeah, he came up with it,” Brennan replied, trying to smile, but grimacing in pain.

“Maybe you shouldn’t smile. Even though your smile is beautiful…you’re beautiful,” Booth said as he gazed into her eyes. Her left eye was almost completely filled with blood.

“I probably look horrific,” Brennan said.

“You look beautiful,” Booth replied as he reached his hand up and brushed a lock of hair out her face.

“I thought about you…the whole time he was…while I was…there,” Brennan sputtered, a tear slipping from her bloodshot eye. “Your smile and your voice and your touch were what got me through it. I just hoped I would see you again,” she continued, her voice cracking as she spoke.

“You don’t have to say anything, Temperance. You’re here and you’re going to be fine. And I’m right here and I’m never ever going anywhere,” Booth reassured her as he stroked her hand.

“Promise?” she asked him, her eyes pleading.

“I promise,” Booth replied.

Brennan sighed and looked into his eyes. “Did they get results from the tests they did?” she asked, hesitantly.

Booth’s heart sank. “Yes, they were all negative,” he reassured her. “DNA will take 48 hours,” he added, glancing down as he gently squeezed her hand.

Brennan closed her eyes, tears spilling out onto her cheeks. She didn’t even try to wipe them away. Booth’s heart was breaking for the woman he loved. Everything she had been through was just too much and he felt that he was mostly responsible.

“Temperance…I’m so sorry. I-I should have gone to Cullen sooner. You would never have-“

“You know I wouldn’t have let you. None of this is your fault,” Brennan replied, her eyes piercing as she stared at him through wet tears.

“I’m supposed to protect you. And I failed. I would give my life if it meant that you didn’t have to suffer like this,” Booth told her, his eyes beginning to drown.

She reached her left hand up to his cheek and stroked it. “You haven’t failed me, Booth, there wasn’t anything you could do. Like you said, I’m here now…you found me like I knew you would. With a little help from a 5-year old mini-you,” Brennan told him, trying a slight smile again.

Booth looked into her eyes, seeing the red and cringing at the thought of what that monster had done to her. After a few moments, a sweet smile spread slightly across his lips. It was not a smile of happiness, but one of love and adoration. “Mini-you, huh? I’m impressed,” he told her, thinking of how adorable she could be.

Brennan smiled and then cringed, her brow furrowed. “Ow.”

He stroked her hand ever so gently, bowing his head to kiss it. As he kissed, he closed his eyes and he said another prayer of thanks. Brennan did not interrupt him, but she knew what he was doing and she couldn’t help but smile. When he was finished, he looked back up at her.

“Will you get in bed with me?” Brennan asked him.

“I don’t really think I’m supposed to do that,” Booth told her, glancing out of the window at the nurse’s station.

“I don’t care. You’re too far away. I want to feel you next to me,” Brennan replied, tears trickling down her cheeks, desperately wanting to be close to him.

Booth smiled at her. “Your wish is my command,” he replied. She gently slid over in the bed, shifting from her back to her left side, squeezing her eyes and groaning as she did.

“Are you sure you-“ Booth began.

“Shut up and get in bed with me,” Brennan replied defiantly.

Booth’s eyes widened and he did as he was told, ever so gently. He laid on his right side and faced her. She reached her cast hand around his stomach and rested it there. He slid his left hand up and grasped onto hers. She closed her eyes and kissed his lips, sighing as she did. He kissed her again, sliding his arm underneath her right arm and rubbing her back. As he stroked, he felt a series of lumps that lined her spine.

“I’m not hurting you, am I?” he asked her gently.

“No, Booth. You could never hurt me,” she replied.

His eyes were glistening with tears. She was hurt and all he wanted to do was take all of her pain away. He wished he was the one who was hurting…he would take all of it so that his Bones didn’t have to hurt.

“You are the most amazing woman in the world, do you know that?” Booth told her, his eyes staring intently into hers.

Brennan smiled through wet eyes. “I love you.”

He kissed her on the nose. “Not as much as I love you,” he replied, soothingly.

She nuzzled in closer to him, her head underneath his chin. He continued to stroke her back and her hair and before long, he could hear a soft snore coming from her mouth. Seeley Booth had never been more relieved in his entire life.
A lil' fluff to counter the angst. I know, it'll take A LOT of fluff to make up for it, but more is coming!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:29 am

Posted 28/01/2008 06:50:06 PM
fanofbones

whooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo
I love a little B&B fluff....
and omg bless her heart....damn she's strong
and poor Booth...that chapter was ripping my heart out...
but loved it so....

hugs
fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:30 am

Posted 29/01/2008 03:30:34 AM
CheeseBK

ah, she is safe in his arms..... this was a very emotional, great chapter!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:31 am

Posted 30/01/2008 00:35:16 AM
Meegs82

Thanks for reviewing, but you all didn't answer my question. So...go back to the top of the Chapter 15 post and answer...pretty please? Okay, here ya go:
CHAPTER 16

Parker burst through Brennan’s hospital room door.

“Dr. Bones!” he exclaimed as he ran towards the bed.

Booth ran in behind him. “Easy, buddy! Don’t jump on her!”

Parker stopped short of the bed. “Daddy said you’re getting out of the hopstal today,” Parker said to Brennan, jumping up and down.

“That’s right, I’m going home,” Brennan said to him.

“He couldn’t wait to see you. We came straight here from…” Booth didn’t finish the sentence. He was dressed in a suit and very conventional black tie and Parker had a collared shirt and a pair of slacks on.

Brennan nodded.

“When can we go get Rufus, Dr. Bones?” Parker asked, excitedly.

“I think we need to give Dr. Bones a little time to get better before we get Rufus,” Booth told his son.

“It’s okay. We can go get him in a couple of days. How does that sound?” Brennan asked the Mexican jumping bean in front of her.

“Yay!” Parker exclaimed.

“Are you sure you’re going to be up for it?” Booth asked, concerned.

“I think I’ll be okay,” Brennan replied, smiling up at him from her bed. “How was the funeral? That was a stupid question,” Brennan caught herself.

“It’s okay, Bones. It was really nice. Rebecca’s parents were really grateful that I pulled it together since they couldn’t afford it,” Booth explained. “That’s probably the first time they’ve ever complimented me on something.”

Brennan smiled. “I’m glad.”

“I played with Mommy this morning before the foonal. She told me not to be sad, so I wasn’t,” Parker chimed in, still jumping from one foot to the other.

“That must have been fun, huh?” Brennan asked him.

“It was. Mommy and I play a lot,” Parker replied.

Brennan smiled at Booth. She knew that Booth had told Parker that his mom had gone to Heaven; he didn’t even need to tell her that.

“So, you ready to get out of here?” Booth asked.

“They’re supposed to discharge me within the hour,” Brennan replied, wincing as she shifted her weight to her right hand by accident.

“Are you alright, Dr. Bones?” Parker asked, concerned.

“Yes, Parker. My hand just hurts,” Brennan replied.

“Like mine did?” Parker asked.

“Yeah, kinda,” Brennan replied.

“Do you want me to kiss it and make it better?” Parker asked, his eyes wide, smiling.

Booth’s heart melted. His little boy wanted to kiss his girlfriend’s “boo-boo.”

“I think that would definitely help,” Brennan said as she brought her right hand over to Parker.

He leaned over the bed and kissed her fingers. “Did that work?” he asked through tufts of blonde ringlets.

“Wow, you know what? It did!” Brennan replied, smiling brightly at Parker.

“I’m glad I could help,” he replied, ever so maturely.

“Thank you, Dr. Parker,” Brennan said.

“Cool! I can be a doctor like you?” Parker replied, beaming from ear to ear.

“Absolutely,” Brennan replied.

“Did ya hear that, Daddy? I’m a doctor just like Dr. Bones!” he exclaimed to his father.

“I did hear that, bud. Dr. Parker and Dr. Bones…a perfect pair,” Booth said as he smiled at Brennan, who returned the grin.

“What about you, Daddy? Don’t you wanna be a doctor, too?” Parker asked his father.

“Well, of course,” Booth replied.

“Dr. Daddy…I like that,” Brennan said, grinning sarcastically at Booth, who smiled back, ecstatic that his son and his Bones were safe and sound.
“Are you ready to go get Rufus?” Brennan asked Parker.

“Yeah!” Parker replied, jumping up and down.

Booth and Parker had stayed at Brennan’s apartment for the past few days. She had turned her guest room into a makeshift Spiderman shrine. Parker had brought his Spiderman sleeping bag, Spiderman pillow, Spiderman pajamas, Spiderman shoes, Spiderman poster, Spiderman web-throwing toy. Brennan thought it was quite adorable.

“Calm down, bud,” Booth said, appearing in the living room.

“It’s okay. He has every right to be excited, right Parker?” Brennan asked the head bobbing up and down.

“Way excited!” he responded. “Can we go?”

“Yup, here we go!” Booth said as he reached down and grabbed Parker by the stomach, raising him into the air above his head. Parker fell into a fit of giggles as his dad helped him fly through the door and into the hallway.

Brennan laughed and followed closely behind.
They walked through the doors of the D.C. Humane Society. At first, they were greeted by a sign that read “Kitty Korner,” which was lined with cages of cats…and even more cats. This seemed to upset Parker.

“Where are the puppies?” Parker asked, holding his dad’s hand.

“We’re almost there,” Booth replied.

They rounded a corner and just ahead, a sign read “Barkville Road,” indicating that the dogs were ahead.

“Are we there?” Parker asked, looking up at his dad.

“Almost,” Booth replied. They reached the sign and turned to the cages of dogs. “And we’re here.”

“Okay, Parker, start looking for Rufus,” Brennan told him.

Parker looked through the glass at the barking dogs. They finished one row of dogs and turned a corner to look at the next row.

“Where are the puppies?” Parker asked…no, whined.

“We’ll get there, bud. I think they’re just down here a little ways,” Booth told his son.

Parker continued to look at the dogs, but they were all too big. He wanted a little puppy. As he walked, he reached up and grabbed Brennan’s good hand, his eyes still glued to the cages. Brennan was slightly taken aback, but took his little hand in hers. She looked to Booth, who was gazing admiringly at her. The three of them walked down the second row and turned the corner for the third row. Parker’s eyes lit up and he dropped both of their hands and ran forward.

He had found the puppies. He sat down in front of the glass, looking at 4 puppies. Two were golden retrievers and were playing together. Parker tapped on the glass, grinning from ear to ear. Two of the other puppies looked like mutts and one was sprawled out on its back, rolling from side to side. The other puppy was pawing at the glass and whining. He was a mocha color and looked like he was part Cocker Spaniel; his ears were long and floppy. Parker focused his attention on the pawing puppy. He touched the glass and the puppy’s eyes followed his finger, which made Parker laugh.

Booth and Brennan watched him, looking at each other and smiling.

“So, what do you think?” Brennan asked Parker.

“I want this one!” Parker said, looking to them and pointing at the Cocker Spaniel type puppy.

“Booth, I think we’ve found our Rufus,” Brennan said, triumphantly.

“Yup, looks like it,” Booth responded as he walked off to find an employee.

Brennan knelt down next to Parker.

“He’s really cute, Parker. I think he likes you already,” Brennan said to him, smiling.

“Really? You do?!” Parker said, not taking his eyes off of Rufus.

“Yup, definitely,” Brennan said and she ruffled his hair, smiling. She could definitely get used to being around Parker more.
Okay, so there are 2 chaps left. Let me know your opinion on the sequel. Should I post it here or let you all catch up at ff.net? Please give me input! Thanks!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 30/01/2008 02:46:16 AM
CheeseBK

awww cute!!! really cute
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 30/01/2008 06:58:57 PM
fanofbones

M-Dawg...loved the chapter...so cute
and how adorable is Parker? You do a good job writing him....
Rufus sounds adorable....

Here or ff..either is good for me..do ff if its easier for you...
i'm cheap and easy ;-)

fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:32 am

Posted 30/01/2008 07:01:50 PM
Meegs82

Well...I LOVE getting reviews, so perhaps I should post it in chaps here. I also need to iron out a few things with the 4th installment as it is quite complicated. AGH!!! I can't decide! I don't even know if others are reading this series anymore. Others besides fab, Cheese, and DBAngelFan. Hmm...I shall think on it some more. Meanwhile, here we go with the second to last chapter:
CHAPTER 17

After a full day of tossing a furry hedgehog squeaky toy around, playing with Rufus in the park, getting rocky road ice cream, and then ordering takeout (the ice cream had come first, meaning that Parker did not eat much of his dinner), Parker was sprawled out across Brennan’s couch, fast asleep. Rufus was curled up at his feet. Brennan and Booth finished their Wung Foo’s on the kitchen counter.

“He had an absolute blast today,” Booth told her.

“I’m glad. It’s good to see him doing so well. It’s almost like it never happened,” Brennan said, sticking her chopsticks into the Kung Pao Chicken. Her eyes glanced away.

Booth saw the change in her expression. “For him,” Booth replied, looking intently at Brennan.

Brennan looked back at him. “I’ll be alright, Booth. You’re here, so I know I’ll be okay,” she told him.

He put a hand on her face and stroked her cheek with his thumb. Her lip was healing nicely and the bruises on her forehead and cheek were a shade lighter than they had been a few days earlier.

“You know, there are…therapy groups for…” his voice trailed off as he couldn’t bear to utter the words, “…what you went through.”

“What good would that do? Sit around and cry to strangers about my experience being raped?” Brennan blurted out rather harshly, a crack in her voice and a tear in her eye.

“Temperance, I only meant-“ Booth began.

“You don’t have to fix me, Booth, I’m not broken,” Brennan interrupted, a hot tear streaming down her cheek.

“Daddy?” Parker interrupted them. He stood in front of them, rubbing his eyes. Rufus sat next to him on the floor, tugging at Parker’s Spiderman pajama pants with his teeth.

“You ready to go bed, bud?” Booth turned his attention to his yawning child, still worried about his Bones.

“Yeah,” he replied through another yawn. “Can Rufus sleep with me?” he asked.

“You should ask Dr. Bones that, it’s her house,” Booth replied.

“Dr. Bones, can Rufus sleep with me?” Parker asked her.

Brennan wiped the tear away and managed a smile. “Of course he can,” she replied.

“Okay,” Parker said.

Booth got up from the barstool and walked to his son. “Alright, let’s get your teeth brushed,” Booth said.

“Nooo,” Parker whined.

“Aw, Booth. Let him skip it tonight,” Brennan said, seeing how exhausted he was.

“I guess so. Okay, then straight to bed,” Booth said as he reached down to pick Parker up.

“Wait,” Parker said as he walked towards Brennan, who was still sitting on the barstool. “Dr. Bones?” he asked.

“Yes, Parker,” Brennan replied as she got off the barstool and knelt down to him, wincing slightly.

He stepped forward and gave her a big, but very gentle, hug. She returned it and squeezed him as much as she could in her condition.

“Thank you for getting me Rufus. You’re so nice…and pretty,” Parker told Brennan.

Booth’s heart melted again as his son gave Brennan another gentle hug.

Brennan closed her eyes as she hugged Parker. “You’re welcome, Parker,” Brennan smiled at him and ruffled his hair again. He had a great head of hair that just screamed to be ruffled.

“Good night, Dr. Bones,” Parker said, smiling.

“Good night, Dr. Parker,” she told him as she stood up shakily.

Booth grabbed the sleepy child and headed to his room, Rufus trailing right behind.

Brennan watched them go and got up to start clearing the remnants of their dinner. Since she couldn’t really hold anything and scrape food at the same time, she decided to stuff all of the takeout cartons into the refrigerator.

Booth reappeared within a matter of minutes.

“He’s out,” Booth said, leaning on the kitchen counter.

“He’s had a long day,” Brennan remarked as she finished wiping off the counter.

“You didn’t need to clean up, I would have done it,” Booth told her.

“It’s okay, Booth. I can take care of myself,” she said, a little defensively.

“I didn’t mean that…I just wanted to help,” Booth responded.

“I know,” Brennan replied, regretting what she had just said. “I’m sorry. I-I mean, I’m sorry about what I said before. I know you only want to help. I just…I can’t imagine sitting in one of those groups and talking about…” Brennan’s voice trailed off and the tears returned.

“I just want what’s best for you. I don’t want you to hurt, Temperance,” Booth replied as he reached forward and squeezed her shoulder. A fraction of a second later, Brennan collapsed into his arms, holding him tight. She cried into his chest as he stroked the back of her head and held her close.

Brennan raised her head and gazed into his eyes. “I love you, Booth.” He bent his head and kissed her softly on the lips. She closed her eyes and fell into his kiss, sighing as his warm lips met hers. As they pulled out of the kiss, Booth smiled as he gazed at her.

“What?” she asked.

“So, I was thinking you should wait a month before going back to work,” Booth told her.

“Booth, two weeks off is long enough. I’m going to be fine,” Brennan said in her Brennan way.

“Are you sure?” Booth asked.

“Are you really asking me that question?” Brennan retorted.

Of course he knew that Bones would want to get back to work as soon as possible. But he had other plans.

“Well, I was thinking. You know how we were talking about a vacation? Well, I think right now would be the perfect time. Just you and me and we can take Parker or he can stay with my parents,” Booth said, smiling.

“Booth, I don’t have time to take off work,” Brennan used the only thing she could think of.

“Are you trying to campaign for ‘Anthropologist of the Year?’ You have been through a major trauma and you shouldn’t have to worry about work. You have plenty of time. I guarantee you that Cam will give you the time off,” Booth argued, extremely rationally.

Brennan opened her mouth to respond, but no words came out. She finally sighed. “Okay, you win. Where are we going?” she surrendered.

“Anywhere you want…just not someplace…hot, please?” Booth asked, reminded of the sweltering 115 degree temperatures.

Brennan smirked. “Why don’t we ask Parker where he would like to go?” she suggested.

Booth smiled. “You know he absolutely adores you,” Booth told her, leaning in closer.

“Really?” Brennan replied, gazing into his eyes.

“Yeah, just like his Daddy,” he replied, a sweet smile on his face. He leaned forward and kissed her again on the lips. She closed her eyes and sighed once more.

“Are you ready for bed, Dr. Daddy?” Brennan asked him, a smile on her face.

“Not quite, Dr. Brennan. I have a little something for you,” Booth said as he grabbed her left hand and led her to the sofa. “Here, sit down,” he said as he sat next to her.

“Booth, what are you doing?” she asked him, eyebrows raised.

“You’ll see. Now, close your eyes,” Booth said, smiling widely.

“Booth, are you kidding?” Brennan protested.

“Close ‘em or you don’t get your surprise…or any bedtime fun,” Booth threatened, a mischievous grin now on his face.

She closed her eyes. “It’s not another pig, is it?” she asked him, smirking.

“Ha-ha. No, I think Jasper and Jezebelle are doing fine,” Booth replied. He looked at her as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, red box. He opened it. “Okay, open your eyes.”

Brennan opened her eyes and they immediately fell on the object in Booth’s hand. Her jaw dropped and she looked at him. “Booth, I-“

“Just hear me out, okay? I know you don’t believe in marriage. I know you think it’s an archaic institution and that you don’t need a piece of paper to prove your commitment,” Booth began, still clutching the box in his hand. “So, I don’t expect you to answer right now. I just…want you to think about it. You know, it might not be all that bad,” he said, grinning. “You don’t even have to think of it as a marriage…but a partnership. Which I think we already have a pretty good start on,” Booth said, smiling sweetly at her. She smiled back. “Temperance, I already know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know it might be a little intimidating now that you would also be a mother right away, I know you’ve never wanted kids. And I understand that, and-“

Brennan placed her hand over his mouth. She tilted her head to one side and a smile crept across her lips. She gazed into his eyes…those beautiful brown eyes that reached into her heart and soul. Her smile widened and her blue eyes sparkled as she opened her mouth to speak…
Hehe...LOVE to leave ya hangin'! More soon!

-
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:33 am

Posted 30/01/2008 07:12:22 PM
fanofbones

Ok that was just mean....a cliffie...
I'm lurking from work and I get a cliffie?
Wonderful...sweet chapter...and I was wondering whether you would let her have a meltdown...cause she sure deserves it...you know...cry it out and all...
loved it...and can't wait for her answer and vacation....

fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:33 am

Posted 31/01/2008 00:51:48 AM
Meegs82

I decided to go ahead and post the final chapter now since I am moving (again) tomorrow and the cable/internet won't be installed 'til NEXT thursday. GRR!!! I'm going to try to go to an internet cafe to start posting the next installment, but nothing is definite 'til Feb. 7th.

So, here it is: the FINAL chapter!
CHAPTER 18

“Yes,” Brennan replied softly, a bright smile illuminating her face.

Booth wasn’t quite sure he had heard correctly. “What?” he asked her.

“Yes, Booth,” she said, smiling even bigger.

A smile of happy disbelief spread across his face. “Really? You’re saying yes?” Booth wanted to be absolutely positive that Temperance Brennan had just agreed to get married…to HIM.

“How many times do I have to say ‘yes?’ Of course, technically, you haven’t even asked me a question,” she replied, giving him the opportunity to do what she knew he wanted to do.

Booth smiled sweetly at her. He slowly slid off of the sofa and onto the floor, resting on his right knee and bending his left. He held up the little red box and looked into Brennan’s eyes. She smiled softly down at him.

“Temperance Brennan…will you marry me?” Booth asked, his heart racing.

“Yes, Seeley Booth, I will,” she responded. It came so naturally to speak the words, to agree to marry the love of her life…even though she never imagined she would ever be in this situation. But this was Booth…he was different. He changed her world and she was a different person because of him.

Booth’s face lit up as he took the ring from the box and sat on the sofa next to her. He took her left hand and slid the diamond ring onto her ring finger. “How does that feel?” he asked her.

“It fits perfectly,” Brennan said as she held her hand out and gazed at the ring. It was platinum and the diamond looked to be about 1 karat. On either side of the larger diamond were 2 diamond baguettes. The diamond sparkled as she wiggled her fingers.

“The diamond was my grandmother’s. I picked out the setting,” Booth said, not taking his eyes off of her.

“It’s absolutely beautiful, Booth,” she told him, looking from the ring to him.

“You’re absolutely beautiful, Temperance,” he said as he took her left hand in his, running his fingers across the ring. “I must say, I honestly wasn’t expecting an answer yet.”

“Why not?” she asked.

“Well, you know how you are, Bones. I thought you might need some time to take it all in and get used to it,” Booth explained, stroking her hand.

“Usually, you’d be right. But, I never thought I’d ever feel this way about anyone. The past couple of weeks have-“

“Been a rollercoaster ride,” Booth finished her sentence.

A look of confusion blanketed her face. “Rollercoaster? I don’t know what that means,” she replied.

Booth smiled and laughed softly. “It means that there’s been a wide range of emotions,” he explained to her.

“Right, exactly. It’s been up and down and-“ she stopped herself and a look of comprehension popped onto her face, “Just like a rollercoaster. I get it,” she smiled, very proud of herself. Booth thought it was adorable and let her continue. “These past couple of weeks have been the most wonderful time in my life…and the most horrific,” she said as she glanced down for a moment. She brought her eyes back to his. “But now I realize how much I care for you. You are always there for me and I know that you always will be. I took it for granted before, but now…” she paused, trying to think of the right words to describe how she felt. “You have made me a better person. And I love you for that,” she said, tears trickling down her cheeks. “No one has ever treated me the way you do or respected me the way you do. You put up with me when I’m insensitive and you listen to all of my ridiculous logic and rationale.”

“Isn’t ‘ridiculous logic’ technically an oxymoron?” Booth asked her, grinning widely.

She laughed. “Yeah, I guess it is. See, that’s what you do to me…and I like it,” she said, smiling through her tears.

Booth smiled and wiped the tears with his thumb. “So, no more ‘archaic institution,’ huh?” he said.

“No, I still believe that. But it’s like you said…it’s a partnership. And if you need to sign a piece of paper and I need to wear a white dress to celebrate our partnership, then I guess I’m okay with that,” she replied. “As long as there’s plenty of Marilyn Merlot,” she added, smirking.

“But of course,” Booth replied. “So, you want to do the whole she-bang then? White dress, tux, flowers, cake,” he asked, his eyes lighting up.

“It’ll be fun,” Brennan said.

“Yeah, and Angela should have a blast planning the whole thing,” Booth added.

“And Parker can be the ringbearer,” she said, smiling sweetly at him.

Booth gazed at her in admiration. “I know it’s a lot to ask of you, you know…to be a mother, too.”

“Booth, I love Parker. That will never change. And who knows?” she replied, leaning in closer towards Booth with a mischievious smile on her face. “We might even want to give him a half-sibling,” she replied, smiling and then quickly glancing away playfully.

Booth’s smile widened. “Who are you and what have you done with my Bones?” he asked.

She laughed. “Like I said in Phoenix…some things change.”

He ran his fingers back and forth across her hand and the ring, still unable to believe she was actually wearing it.

“I’m sure glad they do,” he said, gazing dreamily into her eyes. Neither of them moved as their eyes read one another’s souls. Booth didn’t want this moment to ever end…and neither did Brennan. After a long while, Booth leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. He pulled away and looked into her eyes, a wide smile on his face. A split second later, he leaned down and gently scooped her up into his arms.

“What are you doing?” Brennan asked as she was quite literally swept off her feet.

“Practicing,” Booth replied, his smile softening.

She gazed at him as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“You’re a good practicer,” she replied, smirking.

“That’s not even a word, ‘Miss 180 IQ,’” Booth informed her.

“182. Now, can you carry me to bed, please?” Brennan replied, tilting her head to the side, her eyes wide with mischief.

He kissed her fiercely on the lips and growled, whisking her away to the bedroom and closing the door behind them.
Booth continued to kiss Brennan until he laid her gently down on the bed. She gazed up at him, grabbing his head before he had a chance to stand up.

“I love you,” she said as she ran her hand through his hair. A tear formed in the corner of her eye and she glanced away, releasing her grip on his head.

“Temperance, we don’t have to do this,” he said as he sat next to her on the bed. She slowly rose and met his gaze.

“I’m just…I know it’s you, but I can’t help but think…of him,” Brennan said as tears began streaming down her cheeks. “I’m sorry. It’s not fair to you.”

“Hey, hey. This isn’t about me,” he said gently as he wrapped his arm around her. “I’m not going anywhere. And I am perfectly fine with holding you all night,” he said with a soft smile.

The tears slowed and Brennan managed a small smile as she gazed into his eyes. She nodded her head and leaned it on his shoulder. She sighed and raised her head to kiss him softly on the lips.

“What was that for?” he asked.

“Nothing,” she said as she smiled.

He reached over and brushed the remaining tear from her cheek. “I love you, Temperance.”

Her blue-gray eyes sparkled as he said the words. She was comforted by his presence as she always had been and she knew that he would always take care of her.
THE END

Not sure if I am going to post the next installment in chaps here. I'll let you all know!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:34 am

Posted 31/01/2008 04:00:45 AM
CheeseBK

aw, that was a wonderful ending... Wonderful proposal!!! And I think it's realistic you did not let her recover from the traumatic event just like that... but that she stil has problems....

well done!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:34 am

Posted 31/01/2008 11:30:28 PM
fanofbones

complete and utter fluff is fanfuckingtastic..
what a way to end this installment...
absolute perfection in my book...
the proposal was sweet and romantic, the ring sounded beautiful and his grandmothers...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
loved this so much...
and ready for the next one chica
but get moved and settled first..
I'll be standing by...

hugs
fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by *Vodzu* Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:55 am

Hell, ive been reading loads of stories here and im getting tired of those that end well only after something bad, really bad happens to Bren (Im not saying that your piece sukcs or anything like that, dont get me wrong). It just happened that the frustration hit me over that story here. I still think its very good but hell, i dont know what i would do to all those guys beating and raping women and thats why when i come across anything that mentions it it gets me reaally furious and screaming for blood. sry to put that coment under your great work but i just had to let it out. sry again, and keep writing, its really good. kudos
*Vodzu*
*Vodzu*
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 408
Say What You Want : Denial ain`t just a river in Egypt
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by missj Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:11 am

I am freaking out! what are you going to do next!!
missj
missj
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Location : world traveller: currently USA - so I can watch BONES live
Say What You Want : the same as every girl that has watched Bones. David Boreanaz rescuing me after i've been buried alive.
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum