Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regaurding Parker- Sequel to "25...Words" - Angst - T/M by Meegs82 Posted 12/01/2008

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Regaurding Parker- Sequel to "25...Words" - Angst - T/M by Meegs82 Posted 12/01/2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regaurding Parker- Sequel to "25...Words" - Angst - T/M by Meegs82 Posted 12/01/2008

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:08 am

Posted 20/01/2008 11:51:14 PM

Meegs82

Hello Ladies!!! So, I am in L.A. and the freaking cable and internet can't be installed til Wednesday, so I am a few blocks from my apartment at an internet cafe. I was DYING to talk to you all and post the next chappie, so here ya go!
CHAPTER 7

Booth and Brennan were ready to go by 6:45 in the morning. “K” hadn’t left anything on Brennan’s apartment door and they had each double checked both his car and hers for any signs of a letter. He had said that she would know it when she saw it, so they really shouldn’t have to look for it. It would be in plain view, she knew that. But still, they had searched, only to find nothing. Brennan had called Angela to ask if anything had turned up at the Jeffersonian. Nothing. While there still weren’t any leads on Cullen’s end, Booth was at a loss. All they could do was wait…again. On their way to the Jeffersonian, they stopped at the Royal Diner. It was nearly 9:00 when they walked through the doors.

“Where is the damn thing?” Booth asked, annoyed. They made their way to their usual table and sat down. “It’s been over 24 hours. He said he’d have a new letter for us by now.”

“It is a little odd, he is very precise and he hasn’t even called,” Brennan pondered aloud. When she saw the uneasy look on Booth’s face, she added, “But it’s still early, he’ll come through on his word.”

Booth set both elbows on the table and leaned forward. The waiter came by and they both ordered coffee. They were going to need a lot of it. Booth glanced over to the television set. “BREAKING NEWS” was flashing across the screen. The screen was full of live footage of a fire on the interstate.

“Hey, Al, what’s going on?” Booth asked the owner.

“Some big car accident on the highway. The car blew up. Just happened 30 minutes ago. Traffic is backed up for miles,” Al explained.

Both Brennan and Booth were now watching the screen, their attention drawn into the black smoke and the yellow flames that engulfed the wreckage of the car.

Brennan shifted her weight in her chair and her knee brushed the bottom of the table…which didn’t feel much like a table, but more like a pillow. She wrinkled her brow and reached underneath the tabletop with her hand. She felt a soft, padded texture and suddenly, she knew what it was. She looked over at Booth, concern spread across her face.

“Booth,” she said. He turned his attention back to her as she ripped the envelope off of the table.

In big, black letters, it read:

ATTN: Dr. Temperance Brennan
Regarding Parker Booth

They stared at each other for a few moments before Brennan tore the envelope open. There was another small packet of papers. Just like the day before, the top piece of paper was in the form of a letter. This time, Brennan read the letter aloud:

“Dearest Dr. Brennan,

I apologize for the delay. There were…complications. As you are probably watching right now, there has been a terrible accident on the interstate. If you would, take a closer look at the screen. Or perhaps ask Agent Booth to do so. You will notice that the make of the car is a Ford and that the model is an Expedition. A green Expedition, I believe. Yes, the very car that Parker’s mommy and stepdaddy drive. You see, mommy was getting quite irritating, calling up Director Cullen at all hours of the night, worrying about Agent Booth and wanting an end put to this ransom deal. I warned you and Agent Booth and now, I’m afraid, you have had to bear the consequences.”

Brennan’s voice trailed off and her eyes were wide with shock. Booth’s expression matched hers perfectly as they both looked to the screen. Booth’s eyes searched frantically and he could see that the car was a green Ford Expedition.

“Oh my God,” Booth said. He was in utter astonishment and he tried to clear his head. He dialed Cullen and was put through immediately. “Yeah, the car accident this morning wasn’t an accident. Looks like our kidnapper is responsible. And the victims are Rebecca Peterson and Drew Sanders. Get a team out there right now,” Booth told Cullen before hanging up.

Brennan was in a daze. *He killed Rebecca and Drew? What would he do to Parker?* she thought.

Booth looked over at Brennan, reminded that she had been reading the letter. “What does the rest say?” he asked her.

She was vacantly staring at the table. “What? Oh, right,” she looked back to the letter and continued reading, squinting as though she did not want to know what was to come:

“Now that the problem has been handled, we can get back to the task at hand. But I am afraid you have angered me greatly and I must insist that we skip right to the final request. Or shall I say, the final two requests. The details are written below:

You, Dr. Brennan, will gather every memento or object that you have of your mother. That’s right, your beloved mother. You will put them in a bag. Do not forget anything. Then, tonight at 9:00, Miss Montenegro will drive you in HER car (I have included a photograph of her silver Toyota Echo) to the corner of Jackson and Magnolia, just east of the natural gas plant. I will be tracking the car from the moment you leave the Jeffersonian. You will get out and she will drive away. Make sure you bring your phone. Once Miss Montenegro is safely out of sight, a van will appear and you will get into the back with your bag of mementos. Tell Agent Booth that he shouldn’t bother trying to track the van. Any attempt will result in dire consequences. Once again, I don’t think you want to know what those would be.

You see, Dr. Brennan, my final request…is YOU. You and you alone.

Tomorrow morning at 8:30am, Miss Montenegro will return to the same corner where Parker Booth will be waiting. NO ONE but Miss Montenegro is allowed to drive. You know that I will know if this rule is not obeyed. I do not think I need to remind you about the consequences.

Until tonight,

K

P.S. The pictures attached should provide you with proof that I was indeed the one who caused the “accident” on the interstate this morning. Poor mommy.”

Brennan’s heart had stopped…at least that’s what it felt like to her. She couldn’t look at the pictures; she already knew what they were.

Booth’s hand flew to his phone. “This has gone way too far. The FBI is officially involved,” Booth said as he speed dialed Cullen.

Brennan’s eyes were teary and her pale complexion was even ghostlier than usual, but she managed a whisper. “Booth, stop.”

“What?”

“Stop. Hang up,” she instructed him.

“What? No.”

She reached over and shut his phone. “You can’t get the FBI involved. You saw what he can do,” Brennan said as she motioned towards the TV. “This whole thing has been about me. He wants me and the sick bastard kidnapped Parker to make me comply. It’s ugly, but it’s the truth. You can’t call Cullen and risk not ever seeing Parker again,” Brennan explained as tears began spilling down her cheeks. “This is all because of me and I have to end it.”

“What are you saying? You actually think you’re going to give yourself over to this wackjob?” Booth asked her, his mind overwrought with anxiety.

“Yes,” Brennan said simply.

Booth paused as the realization of the situation sank in. He would get his son back, but he would lose his Bones? *No, that won’t work!*

“No, I’m calling Cullen and were getting federal on this guy’s ass,” Booth said as he stood and walked out of the diner.

Brennan followed close behind. “Booth, wait. Seriously, stop!” Brennan yelled at him.

He did as he was told, his cell phone in his hand. She grabbed it from him.

“Booth, there’s no other choice. You make that call and he’ll know and we’ll never see Parker again. You think I want to do this?” she asked him, her voice fraught with anguish and her tears never ending. “Your little boy has just lost his mother. He needs you now more than ever and I’m going to make sure that he comes home to you tomorrow.”

“Temperance, you can’t do that. You can’t just-“

“Yes, I can, Booth. I can and I will. He wants ME. This has nothing to do with Parker. Don’t worry about me, I’ll find a way out,” she told him.

“Don’t worry about you? Have you lost your mind in the last minute? Of course, I’m going to worry about you,” Booth said as he reached forward and grabbed her arms, shaking her a little harder than he had intended. His eyes were pleading her not to do this, even though deep down, he didn’t know what else they could do. “This guy just killed my son’s mother. He’ll do the same with Parker’s future stepmother!” Booth yelled at her without thinking. He shook her again.

She didn’t care that he was shaking her. She didn’t even know if she had just heard him correctly… “future stepmother?” She couldn’t feel her legs and a wave of nausea hit her smack in the stomach before her eyes fluttered and she fell, Booth’s arms catching her before she could hit the ground. Her body shook and her eyes rolled in her head.
Brennan’s eyes flickered open and she rolled her head, realizing that there was something soft behind her skull. “Booth?”

Booth was in the driver’s seat of her car, and the car was going pretty fast. “You had a seizure, I’m taking you to the hospital,” Booth explained to her.

“Seizure? What?” Brennan asked, her head pounding and heavy.

“When I caught you, your body started shaking,” he explained again.

“No, Booth, that was convulsive syncope. I was fainting and the body’s natural defense is to collapse and when you caught me, my body responded by shaking. I did not have a seizure,” Brennan explained, momentarily forgetting about everything that was going on.

“It looked like a seizure to me,” Booth told her.

“Leave the science to the scientist. I’m telling you, it wasn’t a seizure,” Brennan replied as she grabbed her forehead and rubbed. “It’s just stress.”

“Yeah, that’s an understatement,” Booth replied.

“Turn around and go to the Jeffersonian. I need to fill Angela in on everything since she will be the driver,” Brennan instructed Booth.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Booth asked her.

“Yes, I’m fine. I’m sure you’ll want to get to headquarters to follow up on…Rebecca,” Brennan said, avoiding eye contact with Booth.

“I’ll have them send the remains to the Jeffersonian for identification,” Booth said plainly and without emotion.

“Booth, I’m so sorry…about Rebecca,” Brennan said as she looked over at him.

“It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have said anything and gotten her all worked up,” Booth blamed himself.

“You couldn’t have known what she would say…or what he would do,” Brennan said, looking away, thinking of what “he” was capable of. In less than 12 hours, she would be in his presence and she would know everything he was capable of. She tried to shake the thought, but it lingered in the back of her mind.

“Yeah, I know,” Booth replied.

They continued the rest of the ride in silence…an eerie sort of silence that loomed over the two of them as though there were a bomb ticking and they didn’t know how to dismantle it. Booth was wracking his brain, trying to think of some possible way out of this whole mess…some way to find “K” before 9 o’clock tonight…some way to save his son and the love of his life. He couldn’t think of anything that didn’t involve the FBI.

Brennan’s mind was racing and anxiety was gripping onto her chest. She looked at her watch: 10:22. She was trying to plan her day around the 9 o’clock time frame. She would tell Angela that they would need to leave at 8:30 to be sure to get to the corner of Jackson and Magnolia by 9:00. She would tell Zack to do the bone cleaning of the remains that Booth would have sent in while she went to her apartment to gather what “K” had told her to get. She went over in her head how many mementos she had and exactly where they were located in her apartment. Why he wanted those, she didn’t know. All she knew was that she would get them and she would be ready at 9:00.
*****************************************************************I know, I know! The angst doesn't end! Go read and review now like good little bunnies! (Ya, don't know why I picked bunnies)
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Regaurding Parker- Sequel to "25...Words" - Angst - T/M by Meegs82 Posted 12/01/2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regaurding Parker- Sequel to "25...Words" - Angst - T/M by Meegs82 Posted 12/01/2008

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:08 am

Posted 21/01/2008 00:24:59 AM

fanofbones

First...glad your trip was safe and whooohooo on you cooking in the new place....tell hubby hi from all of us

Second - what the fuck are you doing to Booth? God help him and Bren....damn....
that rat bastard freak....OMG.....

Third - I'm edge of seat here and helmet ready sweetie...

this rocks and you are the MAN.....
I"m nervous here and poor Rebecca....

fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:09 am

Posted 21/01/2008 00:30:39 AM

DBAngelfan

can you just get to the fluff soon? lolol more more!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:10 am

Posted 21/01/2008 04:25:14 AM

CheeseBK

oh, more please, more!!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:11 am

Posted 21/01/2008 08:08:27 AM

MissFabulous

Moreeeeeee !
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:11 am

Posted 22/01/2008 01:09:02 AM

Meegs82

Hi ladies! Alright, I am at the internet cafe again and I am leaving you all another treat! Can't wait until Wednesday when I have my OWN internet! ENJOY!!!
CHAPTER 8

Angela rushed toward Brennan’s desk and threw up in her trash can. Hodgins followed her and rubbed her back as soon as she was done. Cam and Zack looked away, their expressions grim.

“Are you okay, Ang?” Brennan asked her best friend.

“Am I okay?” Angela asked, rhetorically, through hot tears. “You just told me that I have to drive you to meet a psychopath who’s obsessed with you, of course I’m not okay!” Angela yelled through her tears. Hodgins continued to rub her back as he held onto her arm so as to keep her from falling over.

“I just meant-“ Brennan began.

“How do you expect to get out of there, Bren? You just think you’ll find a way? We know what this man is capable of. He kidnapped Parker and now he’s killed 2 people just to get to you. There is no telling what he’ll actually do to you,” Angela blurted out. She was not going to hold back, the truth needed to be said.

“I agree with Booth. We have to go to the FBI,” Cam broke in.

“And do what? Tell Cullen what?” Brennan asked.

“ ‘K’ said that there would be a van, so that means that someone is picking you up. Even if it isn’t him, you could make the driver tell you what he-or she-was told to do. Then he-or she-will lead you right to him,” Zack spoke up. This actually sounded quite logical. There were a few moments of silence as the team took in this information.

“You’re forgetting that he will be tracking Angela’s car from the moment we leave here. He’ll know if the driver says something and he’ll kill Parker,” Brennan explained, even more logically. She was right and they all knew it. Zack retreated to his corner of the couch, that being his only idea.

“There has to be a way to find him before 9 o’clock tonight,” Hodgins said. “Maybe we can find something from the explosive device used on the Expedition. It could lead us to identifying him. When will all of the evidence from the scene get here?” he asked Brennan.

“Booth is at headquarters now. It should be here within the hour, so probably by 12,” Brennan replied.

“Just give me some time and I can find something,” Hodgins said to her, a pleading tone in his voice.

“You can get to work on that, but even if you find something, it won’t necessarily tell us where he is,” Brennan told him.

“I’ll find something, dammit,” Hodgins said, defiantly. He was determined to get the SOB before 9:00 tonight…and so was everyone else.

“He’s good. He’ll find something and we’ll get this guy,” Angela said.

“I know he’s good, I hired him. We just…don’t have the time,” Brennan said, a tone of defeat in her voice.

“Zack and I will start with the remains when they get here. Angela, I’ll need you to confirm the identities and meanwhile, Hodgins, you can check the bomb for anything that could be useful,” Cam reiterated everything they had just said as if giving orders. She was nervous and she wanted to remain in control. “Alright, sounds like a plan,” she added as she gave a half-smile and walked out of the office.

“She’s just nervous. Ignore her,” Angela told Brennan.

“Don’t we usually?” Hodgins asked, rhetorically.

“Now is not the time to be a smart ass, Jack,” Angela scolded him.

“I’m going to go home and get together the mementos. Zack, I know you and Cam can handle the remains. Call me when you have an ID,” Brennan explained as she gathered her things to leave.

“Yes, Dr. Brennan,” Zack replied. “And Dr. Brennan…we’re going to do everything we can so you don’t have to…go…tonight,” Zack stumbled over his words, trying to make a comforting statement.

Brennan thought this was quite sweet. “I know, Zack. Thank you,” she told him.

He smiled slightly and left the office.

“Sweetie, do you want me to go with you?” Angela asked her.

“I think I just need some alone time,” Brennan replied.

“I don’t think you should be alone. You need people around you right now, in case you want to talk…or something,” Angela was actually at a loss for words, which never happened, especially when she was talking to Brennan.

“I’ll be okay, Ang. I’m safe at my apartment,” Brennan told her.

“Hey, won’t Cullen think it’s strange that Booth knew who the victims were? Won’t he ask where he got his information?” Hodgins asked out of the blue.

“Booth will come up with something, he always does,” Brennan replied.

Hodgins was not convinced, but he didn’t press the issue. He realized he was a little out of place in front of the two women and decided to take his leave. “Well, I’ll just get out to the platform and wait on the bomb. Dr. Brennan…I-“

“It’s okay, Hodgins, you don’t have to say anything,” Brennan let him off the hook.

He smiled warily at her and left the office.

“I should get going,” Brennan said.

“Bren, have you actually thought about what you’re doing? Do you even realize how serious this is?” Angela asked her, her face wracked with concern.

“Yes, I do,” Brennan replied simply.

“And you’re still going to go through with it?” Angela asked, dumbfounded. “Let Booth figure this out with Cullen.”

“Ang, we can’t do that. Why do you all keep insisting that we get the FBI involved? We know what this man is capable of. It’s too risky, how many times do I have to say that?” Brennan exclaimed.

“Exactly, we know what he’s capable of. Bren, sweetie…have you even thought about what he could do to you?” Angela asked. She had already managed to imagine quite a few scenarios she never thought her brain could create. She shook the thoughts from her mind.

“Yes, Ang, I have, but…” Brennan closed her eyes as tears began to form, “…this is Booth’s little boy. And the only reason he was kidnapped was because of me. This wackjob only wants one thing…ME. As soon as he’s done with me, he’ll-“

“Probably kill you,” Angela broke in and said the one thing that everyone had been thinking, but hadn’t wanted to admit.

Brennan looked at her friend, who was looking as though it were the last time she would ever see her. Brennan couldn’t handle it; she couldn’t take the sad looks…not even from Angela.

“We don’t know that. I-I have to go…get my stuff for tonight,” Brennan said, avoiding Angela’s eyes and hurrying towards the door.

“Will you please call me in a little bit, sweetie?” Angela asked, frowning.

“Of course,” Brennan replied as she left the office.

Angela stood there, tears streaming down her face. A wave of nausea hit her and she ran to Brennan’s trash can and threw up again.
“You’re telling me that the kidnapper called you and told you that he was responsible?” Cullen asked, a hint of doubt in his voice.

“Yes, sir, this morning around 9:00. He said he wanted us to know what he was capable of. He must have known that she was talking to you,” Booth explained, trying not to meet his boss’ eyes.

“I’m so sorry about Rebecca, Booth,” Cullen told him. They were standing in Cullen’s office.

“Thank you, sir,” Booth replied.

“Why was she so upset about this fake ransom note? She was so concerned that you were losing it, that’s why she called me. She wanted me to take control of the ransom note situation,” Cullen explained to Booth.

“I don’t know, sir. She wouldn’t let it go. I think she just wanted the hope that we had a lead,” Booth lied.

Cullen looked at him intently. “Are you sure there isn’t anything you’re not telling me?” he asked, not taking his eyes off of Booth.

“I have told you everything that is pertinent, sir,” Booth told him, dodging the question.

“That’s not what I asked,” Cullen replied, walking towards Booth with his hands on his hips, closing the gap between them. “Agent Booth, is there a ransom note?” he asked straight out.

Booth hesitated. He met Cullen’s gaze. “Sort of, sir,” Booth replied.

“What do you mean, ‘sort of?’” Cullen asked him.

“There’s a situation that I can’t bring to the FBI…sir,” Booth explained.

“I can’t believe this, Booth!” Cullen exclaimed. “You should have brought it to me the instant you got it.”

“Sir, the situation involves Dr. Brennan. The kidnapper will kill my son if the FBI knows. He definitely has a way of tracking Dr. Brennan. I don’t think he has the same tools to track me as long as this stays under wraps,” Booth explained.

“Under wraps? Booth, what in the hell is going on?” Cullen asked, exasperated.

“Sir, I can’t tell you the exact circumstances. Please…don’t ask me to,” Booth pleaded.

“It is your legal obligation for you to tell me. Booth, this is an FBI matter, what do you know?” Cullen insisted.

“Sir, I’m sorry, but my son’s life depends on the FBI not being involved. That’s what got Rebecca killed. Please, I have to handle this on my own,” Booth replied.

“Booth, I don’t think you understand-“

“I understand perfectly! I understand that my son is out there, scared and alone while this psycho wackjob preys on my girlfriend! I know that he will kill Parker in an instant if the FBI gets into this. I understand a whole hell of a lot better than you do!” Booth yelled, breathing heavily.

Cullen stood there, lost for words. He empathized with Booth because he knew what it was like to lose a child. “Alright. I’ll leave it alone. You just be careful,” Cullen finally said.

“Yes, sir,” Booth said as he walked out of Cullen’s office.

Cullen watched him go, hoping that Booth had this under control and unable to believe that he was actually keeping this under wraps.
That's all for now! Luv you all!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:12 am

Posted 22/01/2008 01:25:08 AM

DBAngelfan

more more! I want fluff now lol
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:12 am

Posted 22/01/2008 03:17:55 AM

CheeseBK

argh... more please!!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:13 am

Posted 22/01/2008 09:59:02 PM

fanofbones

Brilliant brilliant brilliant

god, poor Ange....and yuk...
poor Cam...poor Zach...poor Hodgins
good for Cullen...
my heart aches for our man...
and Tempe..you better not kill her...ha

more soon please
whoooohooooo on tomorrow's connection

love you too
fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:13 am

Posted 23/01/2008 09:38:42 PM

Meegs82

Fab...you are FABulous! Seriously, thanks for the reviews, woman! And thanks to all of my readers. YAY for my own internet!!! Now I am officially connected and back to the world of the ABY. And now I have another chapter for you all. ENJOY!!!
CHAPTER 9

“Alright, get to work,” Booth said to the team, who had all lined up to hear what he had to say. Zack and Cam took the two sets of remains to begin cleaning and determining causes of death (which didn’t take a scientist to figure out). Hodgins took the pieces of the explosive device and hurried to his area of the platform to begin his search. Angela stood there, as she was not needed yet.

“What am I supposed to do? Just stand here and wait til Brennan signs her death wish,” Angela asked Booth, a grim look plastered on her face.

“That’s not helping, Angela,” Booth told her.

“I don’t care. I can’t stand this! I want Parker home safe, but I can’t just accept that Brennan has to basically sacrifice herself. This is insane, Booth! You have to have a plan, please dear God, tell me you have a plan,” Angela said, tears returning to her eyes.

Booth glanced at Angela, his hands on his hips. He could barely stand to look her in the eye.

“You don’t have a plan? You’re the king of plans; you found Brennan and Jack in a canyon full of rocks, Booth. You have to know what to do. If you don’t know, then…we might never see her again,” Angela pleaded with Booth through her tears.

“Angela, please try to calm down,” Booth said as he took her by the arm and led her to Brennan’s office. “I’m still trying to come up with something; I haven’t stopped thinking about it.”

“What did you tell Cullen?” Angela asked.

Booth sighed. “He knows about the ransom note, but I told him to let me handle this and he agreed to keep it under wraps.”

“Booth, we need the FBI. This has gone way too far,” Angela protested.

“I know it has, but the FBI can’t help us. I don’t know who can help us,” Booth said as though he were giving up. At least that’s the way Angela took it.

“What, are you giving up? You can’t give up, Brennan needs you,” Angela protested again. “You can’t let her go through with this.”

“I know that! You don’t think this is the hardest thing I have ever gone through? I’m going to get Parker back, but lose Bones in the process and you think I’m sitting still about it?!” Booth yelled.

“Of course not, that’s not what I meant. I just-you usually know what to do by now and I’m getting scared…scared that she’s actually going to have to do this,” Angela confessed.

Booth rubbed his forehead and sighed loudly. “Me too.”

Angela looked at Booth intently. She could see the fear in his eyes, the agony in his voice. He had dark circles under his eyes and Angela thought he slightly resembled a ghost at this point. “You love her more than anything, don’t you?” Angela asked, softness in her voice.

Booth looked over at her, a wrinkle in his brow. “Yeah, I really do. Temperance and Parker are the two most important things in my life.”

“And they’re both being taken away from you. How is it that you are even standing up right now? You should be curled up into a ball,” Angela said, the realization of Booth’s torment suddenly hitting her smack in the face. She thought back to Jack being buried alive and she empathized with Booth.

Booth glanced at Angela, a solemn look on his face.

“Angela, we are almost finished with the remains. We have dental records, but we need facial reconstruction,” Zack appeared in the office. Neither Angela nor Booth responded. “I’m sorry, did I interrupt something?”

“No, Zack. I’ll be right there,” Angela replied. “Wait, what about the bomb?”

“Hodgins hasn’t been able to narrow it down. It’s a very common explosive device,” Zack replied and quickly disappeared as he felt awkward.

Angela walked towards Booth and placed her hand on his arm. “We all love her and we all want to get her out of this. But if we can’t, we’ll all work around the clock to find her,” she told him.

Booth looked at Angela and placed his hand on top of hers and squeezed. “I know.”

“She’s at home. You should go,” she told him.

With that, she left the office. Booth stood there for a long while, thinking…not about how to get Brennan out of the situation, but about how he was going to say goodbye…for now. He couldn’t believe his mind was even going there, but he couldn’t deny the inevitable any longer. He loved her so much, it hurt. He couldn’t bear to think about what might happen to her once she was in the grasp of that madman. He had avoided it all day, but now, it washed over him like a tidal wave. He needed to see her…and now.
Brennan had found 6 different dolphin figurines, including the belt buckle. She had gone to her bathroom and pulled out her mother’s earrings; the ones that had been ripped through her ear lobe. She had found a dozen pictures of her childhood. She had taken all of the objects and put them in a small satchel. Now, she was sitting on her sofa, drinking a glass of Marilyn Merlot. She looked at the clock: 5:32. She took a sip and savored the taste, swallowing slowly. She closed her eyes and focused on her breathing. She took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly. And then another one. Brennan did not get anxiety…but today was a very different story. Today was a day that she could never imagine happening…not in a million years. But it was happening and she had to face it and she knew it. She had held up and been strong all day because she knew she had to be…for Booth…and for Parker.

But now, alone in her apartment for perhaps the last time, the wave of emotions she had been holding back came crashing down on her. Her breathing stopped for a while and when it finally returned, she exhaled drops of salt. Her glass of wine fell from her hands and rolled onto the sofa. She brought her hands to her face and tried to wipe the tears away, but they kept coming. Her chest heaved as the tears fell, but no sound escaped her lips. She sat and cried silent sobs for minutes until finally, it was too much that her lips parted, her eyes squeezed shut even tighter, and she cried out in anguish…a long, drawn out, agonizing cry. She brought her legs up onto the couch and grabbed onto them, hugging herself. Suddenly, the tears stopped. But she continued to sit there, her chin on her knees as she rocked back and forth, staring vacantly in front of her. Her mind was blank. She had no thoughts. Her brain was too tired, too worn out. Her eyes began to droop as the rocking slowed. Her head tilted to one side, resting in the crest of her elbow. She was exhausted…*if only I could sleep for a while…*

Just when she was nodding off, Booth walked through the door. She sat up immediately, dropping her legs and grabbing the glass of wine.

Booth walked straight to her and sat down next to her, taking her hands in his.

“I know you’re doing this because you love me. And I thought that I could get you out of this, get us out of this and that everything would be alright like it always is. I thought by now I’d know exactly what to do and I could look you in the eyes and tell you that you didn’t have to do this. I don’t want you to do this. I would die before I would see you hurt. I don’t know what to do,” Booth explained. Tears came to his eyes and he put his hand on her face, stroking it gently.

Brennan saw the look of panic in his eyes. She gazed at him, their eyes searching each other for an answer, a resolution to this mess.

“There’s only one thing to do,” she said finally, placing her hand on his.

Booth looked into her blue eyes and found, once again, the answer to his prayers…the answer that he was afraid he was about to lose. “I love you, Temperance.”

“I love you, too,” she replied, her eyes glistening.

Booth leaned forward and kissed her softly on the lips. As they pulled away, she wrapped her arms around his midsection, her head resting on his chest as he lay back on the sofa. She could feel his chest rising and falling with every breath, his heart beating loudly. They lay there in silence as he stroked her hair and she continued to cry.
I know, it's not all better yet. But hang in there with me, k?
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:14 am

Posted 24/01/2008 00:21:36 AM

DBAngelfan

ack more more!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:14 am

Posted 24/01/2008 02:26:51 AM

JAXTIG

Ok now I'm crying PLEASE POST SOON! Your killing me.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:15 am

Posted 24/01/2008 03:15:17 AM

CheeseBK

wahhhhhhhhh oh, god please post more soon!!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 24/01/2008 02:03:53 PM

bpaltland

more soon please
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 24/01/2008 09:25:22 PM

fanofbones

I hanging with ya...but dammit all to hell!!!!
I was reading so fast the first time, I had to go back and read it again...damn you...
Angela is not helping with all her...signing her death wish and all....
And I loved her...You're the king of plans!!
And Bren...what happened to seeing the glass half full rather than doom...god...whats with all these people????
And of course I loved the I love yous...

love you too sweetie....is it Friday yet????
WTF is taking so long???

hugs
fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:16 am

Posted 25/01/2008 03:15:01 AM

Meegs82

I know! It's doom and gloom. And here you go with more:
CHAPTER 10

It was 8:25. Brennan, Angela, Hodgins, and Booth were in the parking garage next to Angela’s car. Brennan clutched her bag of mementos. She had already said goodbye to Zack, who had been unable to utter a single sound during the interaction. Cam had given her a quick hug before ducking out of the office. Now, the four of them stood there in silence.

“We should get going,” Brennan said, unable to delay the truth any longer.

Hodgins stepped forward and grabbed Brennan, catching her a little off guard. “Sorry, didn’t mean to…hug so hard,” Hodgins said as he pulled away. He turned to Angela and she motioned for him to step away and he did as he was directed.

Booth and Brennan looked at each other, neither of them wanting to say the words.

“I’ll find you,” Booth told her as he reached for her head and pulled it to his chest.

“I know,” she said into his chest. She leaned up and kissed him on the lips. “I have to go.”

“I know,” he replied. He gave her one more kiss and she broke away early; it was too painful.

The two men stood and watched the two women get into the car and drive away. Hodgins didn’t know what to say to Booth. He looked at him and placed his hand on Booth’s shoulder. Booth didn’t look at him, but he knew the sentiment was there. Hodgins didn’t even need to say a word.
Angela and Brennan traveled in silence. Angela stifled tears by blinking uncontrollably. She didn’t have the words to express how she was feeling because she had never felt this way before. She was literally driving her best friend into the arms of a psychopath and there wasn’t a damn thing anyone could do about it. Brennan stared out the window, watching the night settle into the city. The sun was setting as they drove and suddenly, Brennan thought back to the magnificent sunset at the restaurant in Phoenix. It was hard to believe that it was less than a week earlier. She could see the brilliant pinks and blues and yellows illuminate the sky. She could see Booth’s smile and feel Booth’s arms around her as they danced. She closed her eyes and reenacted it all in her mind. A tear fell from her eye as a small smile made its way across her lips.

“We’re here,” Angela announced, bringing Brennan out of her daydream and back into reality. Angela came to a stop at the corner of Jackson and Magnolia. It was 8:56.

Brennan opened her eyes and looked to her friend. “Ang, this isn’t goodbye,” she said.

“Right, I know. Booth will find you, he said he would and he always makes good on his word,” Angela said, still blinking uncontrollably.

Brennan looked into Angela’s eyes for a few moments. “Thank you for doing this,” she said.

Angela couldn’t contain herself and the tears started flowing as she reached forward and grabbed onto her best friend, holding on tight. “I love you,” Angela told Brennan.

“I love you too, Ang,” Brennan replied, keeping herself from crying.

Angela couldn’t let go. She couldn’t handle the thought that this might be the last time she would ever see her best friend. It was too hard. Brennan finally broke the embrace.

“It’s 9:00. I have to go,” she told Angela.

Angela nodded.

Brennan opened the car door and stepped out, her bag in one hand and her cell phone in the other. She held her hand up to say goodbye to Angela. Angela blew her a kiss and reluctantly drove away, leaving Brennan on the dark street corner.

Brennan stood, breathing heavily, waiting for a sign of the van. She stood for a few minutes, checking her watch: 9:03. *He’s late?* she thought. As the thought hit her, her cell phone rang. She jumped. She didn’t have to look at caller ID.

“Hello.”

“Sorry for the delay, Dr. Brennan. But there has been a slight change of plans. There will be no van coming for you. Instead, you will walk across the street to the small blue house on the corner. Just come up the front steps and ring the doorbell,” the voice was no longer garbled. She could hear the man crystal clear. He sounded very polite about everything, with a hint of menace in his voice. She felt she had heard this voice before.

Brennan looked across the street and saw the blue house and began walking. As she reached the front steps, she asked, “Is Parker okay?”

“Not to worry,” the voice replied.

She walked up the steps and stood before the front door. She stared at the door and then sighed. After a moment, she rang the doorbell.

“Ding dong,” the voice said.

The door cracked open and Brennan leaned forward to try and see. As she did, a puff of smoke invaded her senses. She pulled back and fell heavily to the ground.
Everything was spinning. Confusion wracked Brennan’s brain. She was in a haze of bewilderment as she tried to sit up. She was on the floor somewhere; she could feel the carpet beneath her. Her eyes rolled and fluttered and she was able to pull herself up onto her left elbow. She opened her eyes, slowly. It was fairly dark and she could see the outline of her figure. Squinting, she opened her eyes completely. She finally managed to pull herself up into a full sitting position as she glanced around. Much to her surprise, she was not tied up; she had complete use of her arms and legs. She was in a small room. Seven feet in front of her was a wall and a door. There was a cot and a chair and that was it, as far as she could tell. The room stank and Brennan wrinkled her nose at the smell. She couldn’t quite make out what it was, but it was foul. Her head was pounding and she reached up to rub it, still confused about what had happened. She leaned back slightly and felt the wall behind her. She leaned her head against it, closing her eyes again. She sat in the same position for a few minutes as everything came flooding back to her. She must be in the small blue house…the smoke in her face must have knocked her out. Once she realized what was happening, she opened her eyes again, and looked around her for her bag. She felt for it, but it was not there. *He must have taken it* she thought. As she finished searching, she heard a noise.

She stopped moving immediately, listening intently for what the noise could possibly be. It sounded like a soft cry, but she didn’t know where it was coming from. Immediately, she thought *Parker* Her head turned to the right and she listened…and she heard it again. She slid over to the side wall and looked for a hole or vent. She found a vent and leaned her head in towards it. The cry came again. She put her mouth close to the vent.

“Parker?” she said loudly.

The crying stopped.

“Parker, is that you? It’s Dr. Brennan,” Brennan spoke into the vent.

There was a pause and Brennan held her breath.

“Dr. Breman?” Parker replied, sniffling.

Brennan sighed in relief. “Parker, are you alright?” she asked him, knowing that it was a stupid question, but she wanted to know the state of his physical condition.

“I’m scared, Dr. Breman. Where are you?” Parker replied, his voice quivering and his crying still faint.

“I’m in the room next to you, Parker. I know you’re scared…buddy, but don’t worry, you’re going to go home really soon, okay?” Brennan tried to comfort him.

“Where’s mommy and daddy and Drew? Did you come to take me home?” Parker asked her.

Brennan paused, thinking of how exactly to answer that question. “Yes, Parker. You’re going home in the morning, I promise,” Brennan told him.

“Okay,” Parker replied and paused a moment before continuing, “Dr. Breman, are you okay?”

“Yes, Parker, I’m fine. Hey buddy, can you tell me if you’re hurt? Do you hurt anywhere?” Brennan asked him.

“My hand hurts. I cut it,” Parker told her.

“Is it bleeding, Parker?” Brennan asked.

“No, not anymore, it just hurts,” Parker replied.

“And you’re not hurt anywhere else? Are you sure?” Brennan asked.

“Yeah. I wanna go home,” Parker said, beginning to cry again.

“I know you do, Parker. Remember what I said? You get to go home in the morning. Do you think you can be a brave boy until then?” Brennan asked him.

Parker hesitated. “Yeah, I think so,” he said finally.

“Okay, good. I’m right here next to you, okay, Parker?” Brennan reassured the little boy.

“Okay, Dr. Breman,” he said.

“Hey, you know what? You can call me Bones just like your daddy does. How does that sound?” Brennan tried to cheer him up.

“Can I call you Dr. Bones?” Parker asked, a hint of cheeriness in his voice.

“Of course you can, Parker. That will be your special nickname for me,” Brennan told him, smiling slightly. She was so relieved that he was alright.

“Daddy talks about you all the time,” Parker told Brennan.

Brennan smiled as tears began to form in her eyes. “He does, really?”

“Yeah, he told me that we were gonna go to the park and you would come and buy me ice cream,” Parker informed Brennan, his spirits lifted.

“Well, I think that sounds like a great idea,” Brennan said. “What’s your favorite flavor?” she asked him.

“I like rocky road, but Daddy says it’s gross,” Parker informed Brennan.

“That just means there’s more for you,” Brennan replied.

“Yeah! So, you’ll go to the park with us?” Parker asked her, almost pleading.

“I would love to, Parker,” Brennan told him. She rested her head against the wall as a tear fell from her eyes. She quickly brushed it away. She couldn’t sound sad, Parker was feeling better.

“Daddy said we could get a puppy and take it to the park, but Mommy won’t let me. I really want a puppy,” Parker said.

Brennan’s heart sank when he said “mommy.” He had no idea that he would never see his mommy again. “How about this, Parker. When we get home tomorrow, Daddy and I will take you and get you a puppy. How does that sound?” Brennan asked him.

“Really, Dr. Bones? You’ll get me a puppy?! What if Mommy gets mad?” he asked, excitedly.

“I think she’ll get used to it,” Brennan added, cringing at the words.

“Wow, thank you, Dr. Bones! You’re so nice! Daddy always says you’re nice and I knew you were cause Daddy always tells the truth, no matter what. He’s the coolest dad in the whole world!” Parker exclaimed. Brennan could tell his eyes were lighting up at the thought of his father.

“Yeah, he’s a pretty cool guy,” she replied.

“He got me a robot for Christmas, not this Christmas, but the one before it. It does what I tell it to and everything!” Parker exclaimed. “Well, I broke it, but it was so cool!”

Brennan remembered that day at Wung Foo’s. It was the first time she had seen Parker. She had thought he was absolutely adorable. “That’s really neat.”

“Yeah. See? Told ya he was the coolest!” Parker said, happily.

A moment went by and Brennan heard footsteps. Her eyes flew to the door, but her attention stayed with Parker. The footsteps got closer and closer and then they stopped. She heard a key click and the door handle turned. A man dressed all in black and a black mask stood before her.

Brennan looked at him, her jaw clenched.

“Dr. Bones? Are you still there?” Parker asked, sounding a little frightened.

Brennan’s gaze stayed on the man in front of her as he motioned for her to stand up. As he moved his left hand, a silver knife was revealed.

“Parker, I’m going to have to leave for a little bit, okay?” Brennan began.

“Why? Don’t go, Dr. Bones,” Parker said, anxiously.

“Don’t worry, Parker, I’ll be back in a little bit, okay?” Brennan said as she stood up. “Hey, why don’t you think of a name for your puppy while I’m gone? Think of a really good name, alright, buddy?” Brennan said as she walked slowly towards the man. As she reached him, he grabbed her by the back of her head, pulling her hair. She closed her eyes.

“Okay. But you promise you’ll be back soon?” Parker asked, still not convinced.

“I promise, Parker. Now start thinking, okay? You can even pretend you have your puppy right now,” Brennan said as the man began to lead her out of the room.

“Yeah, okay! I’ll talk to you soon, Dr. Bones,” Parker replied.

“Alright, Parker. Bye,” Brennan said and the man shut the door behind them, leaving the room empty.

“Bye, Dr. Bones,” Parker replied to the empty room.
At least it's a little better, right? Parker's in it! YAY! Okay, I'm trying to cheer you people up just a smidgen so that you'll keep reading! More soon...
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:17 am

Posted 25/01/2008 04:23:05 AM

CheeseBK

glad parker is okay!!!!!! more soon, please!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:17 am

Posted 25/01/2008 05:10:10 PM

DBAngelfan

ack more more!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:18 am

Posted 25/01/2008 10:27:27 PM

fanofbones

OMG..my little heart can't take much more of this....poor little Parker...so sweet...
and Bren is the man....all big and tough...
and curses to the masked man...grrrrrrrrr
The blue house...so close...and no one knows
dammit girl...get to posting...

fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 25/01/2008 11:14:20 PM

Meegs82

Alrighty, a quick little chappie for you all!
CHAPTER 11

Booth did not want to go home and he couldn’t bear to stay at Brennan’s apartment. Everything reminded him of her. It was now past 11:00 and all of the squints (minus Camille) were gathered upstairs in the lab. Booth had started out there, but he had found it too depressing as everyone didn’t know quite what to say around him, so he had left and gone to her office. It was at least a little better than being in her apartment. He collapsed into the sofa.

He leaned forward and put his hands together, and bowed his head to pray. He sat in the same position for a long time, his brow furrowed and his jaw tightened. After he was finished, he crossed himself and sat back up in the sofa.

He thought about how far they had come in the past week…from partners to a couple. He thought about how only a few days ago, they were lying lazily by the pool. He thought about how they had stayed wrapped in each other’s arms for hours, gazing at each other. He imagined her soft lips on his and her warm breath on his neck. He thought about how wonderful it had been when they had made love. He imagined holding her forever. He thought of the ring he had bought and how he might not ever get to give it to her…and he started sobbing. For the first time in years, Seeley Booth was sobbing.

He had been close to losing Bones before, but he had always found her…he had always been there for her. And now, he felt like he was letting her down and in the worst way imaginable. The sobs wracked his body and he leaned his elbows on his knees, his head in his hands. He didn’t care if he sobbed forever because it felt like the tears would never end. He was almost afraid that they would end and he would be left with utter emptiness, unable to feel anything.

It was too much. He spread out on the couch and grasped a pillow tightly, his eyes staring vacantly in front of him, the tears streaming down. He lay there for a long while before exhaustion set in and his eyes drooped shut.
Angela had come down to find Booth. She walked into Brennan’s office and saw him lying on the sofa, clutching a pillow. Angela looked at Booth for a long while. She watched his brow wrinkle and his hands twitch, soft groans coming from his mouth. The tears streamed and her bottom lip sagged. She walked forward and took the blanket from the end of the couch and spread it across him. He shifted in his sleep. She bent down to kiss him on the forehead and as she did, he whispered a word in his sleep: “Temperance.”

Angela’s heart broke right then and there. She wiped her face and started out of the office, only to catch Jack in the doorway. He looked at her with sadness in his eyes. She wrapped her arms around him and her entire body shuddered as she cried. He rubbed her back and stroked her hair, and kissed her on the cheek.

He looked at Booth while he held the love of his life…and a tear fell from his eyes.
And more to come soon!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 25/01/2008 11:44:01 PM

fanofbones

awwwwwwwwwww...god...get on with it woman...damn...but twas sweet...

hugs
fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:19 am

Posted 26/01/2008 00:08:07 AM

Meegs82

Okay, here is the next excruciating chapter. It's actually not that bad...I don't think. Judge for yourself!
CHAPTER 12

Brennan’s eyes hurt and it was difficult for her to open them, but she managed a squint. Every bone in her body ached. She tried to move and cried out in pain. She felt something soft beneath her. Her hand felt around and she realized that she was on the cot. It was quiet and dark. She tried to lift her head, but it was pounding like a drum and she dropped it heavily on the pillow. She licked her lips and swallowed hard, her mouth parched. She tasted blood. She raised her hand to her mouth and wiped the corner. She looked down at her hand and saw bright red. She swallowed again. As she became more alert, her thoughts went straight to Parker. She slowly brought herself to a sitting position, unable to bear the pain she felt in her wrist, head, back, pelvis, ankle, and stomach. She focused on Parker, trying to push the memories of the past…she didn’t even know how long it had been…from her mind.

She stood up, teetering on one leg, holding her right arm close to her body. It was excruciating and she knew it was broken. She limped to the wall and slid down it, next to the vent.

“Parker?” she called out.

There was no response. She started to worry, nearly panic.

“Dr. Bones?” Parker finally responded.

Brennan closed her eyes and sighed in relief.

“Hey, buddy. I’m back, just like I promised,” Brennan said, breathlessly.

“I fell asleep. I’m glad you’re back, Dr. Bones,” Parker told her.

“Me too, Parker. Are you still okay?” she asked him.

“Yeah, I’m okay. Is it tomorrow yet?” Parker asked.

Brennan honestly had no idea what time it was, but she knew it had to be far past midnight. “Yes, Parker. You’ll get to go home and see Daddy soon,” she said, closing her eyes as the pain was too much.

“And Mommy too,” Parker added.

Brennan’s brow wrinkled. “Right, Parker,” she replied. The tears returned and she cried as quietly as she could. He must have been thinking about his mom and dad because he didn’t talk for a good 30 seconds. Brennan didn’t worry, she knew he was alright. She put her head in her left hand and felt a large bump on her forehead.

“Rufus,” Parker said suddenly.

“What, Parker?” Brennan asked.

“I’m gonna name my puppy Rufus,” Parker told her.

“That’s a good name, Parker. I think he’ll like it,” Brennan replied.

“You like it, really?” he asked, looking for her approval.

“Definitely, kiddo,” Brennan replied.

“So, we’ll go get him today, right? Cause I wanna take him to the park. Will you come too, Dr. Bones?” Parker asked.

“Of course,” she replied, cringing as more tears spilled down her cheeks.

She heard a door open in Parker’s room. Parker started to cry.

“Hey, Parker. Listen to me, okay? Parker, are you listening?” Brennan asked, frantically.

“Yes,” he replied through tears.

“Remember, you have to be brave. The man is going to take you to Angela. Do you remember Angela?” Brennan asked.

“She does pretty drawings, right? And she’s pretty,” Parker replied.

“Yes, Parker, that’s right. Angela is picking you up and she’s going to take you to see Daddy, okay? Don’t be scared, alright? You’re going home,” Brennan said, a tone of desperation in her voice. She wanted him safe.

“But what about you, Dr. Bones? Aren’t you coming too?” Parker asked.

“Not right now, Parker. But I’ll see you soon, I promise,” Brennan said as she heard activity in the other room.

“But I want you to come with me,” Parker said.

“I can’t come with you right now, Parker, I’m sorry. But you’re going to see Daddy very soon,” Brennan replied.

“I’ll see you soon, right?” Parker asked.

“I made a promise,” Brennan said. “And Parker, don’t forget to tell Daddy about Rufus, okay?” she added.

“I won’t forget. Bye, Dr. Bones,” Parker said and she heard the footsteps get further away.

“Bye, Parker,” she whispered to herself. He was going home…he was finally going home.
The man in the mask knelt down next to Parker.

“I’m going to put this blindfold on you and you don’t take it off until I tell you to, alright?” the polite, yet menacing voice crackled.

Parker nodded.

“K” placed a blindfold around Parker’s head and then looked at his watch. 8:26. He opened the front door and walked Parker out the door, guiding him down the 3 steps and then across the street. He stopped at the corner of Jackson and Magnolia.

“Okay, Parker. You stand here and count to 30. Can you do that?” “K” instructed.

“Yes,” Parker replied.

“When you get to 30, you can take the blindfold off, but stay right here and the young woman will be here to pick you up and take you home,” “K” told him.

“Okay,” Parker said, sadness in his voice.

“Bye-bye, Parker,” “K” said as he left the little boy standing on the street corner. He returned to the blue house and shut the front door behind him. He hurried down the stairs to the basement and opened Brennan’s door.

She was still up against the wall. Her eyes flew open.

“Come on,” he said to her as he grabbed her and pulled her up. She winced in pain.

She limped up the stairs with him. He took her to the kitchen and they stood at the window. She could see Parker standing on the corner, blindfolded. A few moments later, Angela’s car pulled up as Parker took off his blindfold.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angela jumped out of her car.

“Parker!” She ran towards him and knelt down. He was crying. “It’s okay, sweetheart, you’re okay now,” Angela said as she hugged him. “Let’s get you home.”
Brennan watched Angela open the back door for Parker and helped him get in.

“You did as you were told and the little boy is safe. Congratulations, Dr. Brennan. I commend you for your deed,” “K” told her.

He held her from the back and she was unable to move as she watched Angela put Parker’s seat belt on and ruffle his hair. Tears were streaming down Brennan’s cheeks again.

“And little does your best friend know that you are only a mere 20 yards from her right now. She could save you if she knew, but unfortunately, she doesn’t have a clue,” “K” said, his voice full of complete contempt.
Angela shut Parker’s door and walked to the driver’s side. She stopped and looked around, hoping that she would see Brennan somewhere. She lingered for a few moments before getting in the car.
Brennan watched her friend and Parker drive away.

“Now, Dr. Brennan, where did we leave off?” “K” said as he grabbed her by the hair and pulled her behind him, out of the kitchen.
More tomorrow! It will get better, I promise! And there's a sequel!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:21 am

Posted 26/01/2008 00:40:26 AM

DBAngelfan

It better get better soon. And yay for a sequel
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:22 am

Posted 26/01/2008 12:40:35 AM

CheeseBK

argh..... poor brennan... but glad parker is okay!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:22 am

Posted 26/01/2008 01:21:51 PM

nane

Oh, this story is here too. I remember reading and loving it. And I remember the very unusual and original plot. That is a great story. Might read it again here....
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum