Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullies and Brains - A Young Squint Story by willgirl

Go down

Bullies and Brains - A Young Squint Story by willgirl Empty Bullies and Brains - A Young Squint Story by willgirl

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:35 pm

Posted 25/01/2008 09:31:09 PM

A/N: Finally the last little oneshot. The others in this series are below! Hope you enjoy!

Bullies and Brains

Eleven year old Zach Addy was an observer. Quiet, even as a baby, he loved to watch people interact.

Currently he was sitting on the front porch reading a book about the chemical properties of plants. His parents were in the backyard with several of his brothers and sisters. He had said no to a swim in the pool.

He wasn’t reading for long when Sam Wilson and his friends came walking by. Sam Wilson was the meanest kid in his grade. He was also the dumbest. Last week, Sam twisted his arm behind his back for answering a question that Sam wanted to answer.

“Hey Loser.” Sam said, coming up the driveway, his gang following behind him. Zach just continued to read his book.

“I said, hey loser!” Sam repeated, knocking the book out of his hands.

Zach just looked up at him and picked his book off the ground.

“What?” he said calmly.

“Nothing. Just wanted to call you a loser, loser.”

“Very original.” Zach noted.

“Listen kid, I could beat you up but instead I’m going to make you do my homework. Here.” He shoved a book into Zach’s hands.

“I don’t want to.”

“Do you want to get beat up every day? Because if you don’t do it we will.” Sam demonstrated by squeezing his arm tightly.

Zach pondered the alternatives and decided upon the safest route, even though it didn’t feel right.

“Fine.” He mumbled.

“What did you say?” Sam asked, squeezing harder. His friends snickered behind him.

“I said fine.” Zach replied. “But if you don’t learn then you won’t get smart.”

“What do I need to get smart for?” Sam asked, letting go and standing back. “That’s why I’ve got you.”

“I meant when you’re older.”

“When I’m older, I’m going to do whatever I want.” Sam said. “And you’ll still be a geek. Have the homework done by Monday morning or else.” He laughed and then walked off down the driveway with his friends.

Zach looked down at the homework. Now he wouldn’t have time to work on his science project.

He bit his lip and tried not to cry. He’d show them. When he got older he was going to be a really smart scientist who cured things and helped people.

And he was going to build a race of robots that would come after Sam.

‘Yep’. He nodded to himself. ‘That’s what I’m going to do.’
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Bullies and Brains - A Young Squint Story by willgirl Empty Re: Bullies and Brains - A Young Squint Story by willgirl

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:36 pm

Posted 25/01/2008 10:02:01 PM

GD215

Yep. That is so Zach. He'd rather do homework than get in a fight. Maybe instead of the robots he could use his flesh eating beetles to exact revenge on the bullies. Well done!
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Bullies and Brains - A Young Squint Story by willgirl Empty Re: Bullies and Brains - A Young Squint Story by willgirl

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:36 pm

Posted 26/01/2008 00:35:30 AM

AnaG

I hope it's okay, but I'm going to review these all together....not out of laziness, but because they are such a fantastic set....the way you captured them....at the moment in which they found their callings....whether its moments that make you want to hug them and tell them it will all be alright, that the rest of the squints are out there making their own way to the Jeffersonian...or delight in seeing them find the seeds of their passion for their work....or just the gumption of a little girl determined to find her own green stick....it's just amazing how you showed how the essence of who they are now was evident in those early years....even as little children they are entirely recognizable as the adults we know

wonderawesomely fantabulistically adorably lovely peeks at the baby squints....loved every single word!

and if i might be a little greedy....there wouldn't happen to be an idea for a Baby FBI Agent story in that wonderfully creative writer's brain of yours, would there?
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gimmeagun Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:37 pm

Posted 26/01/2008 00:46:02 AM

DBAngelfan

nice work Yeah where's the Booth one? *g*
gimmeagun
gimmeagun
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down