Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ABC's of Booth and Brennan (a collection of shots by beaglelvr) -various. Posted by beagle on 25/11/2007.

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The ABC's of Booth and Brennan (a collection of shots by beaglelvr) -various. Posted by beagle on 25/11/2007. - Page 2 Empty Re: The ABC's of Booth and Brennan (a collection of shots by beaglelvr) -various. Posted by beagle on 25/11/2007.

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:39 am

Posted 06/12/2007 09:01:02 PM by fanofbones

holy freakin cow that was so cute and amazing.....
must have more please...ready for f....

fab
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2352
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

The ABC's of Booth and Brennan (a collection of shots by beaglelvr) -various. Posted by beagle on 25/11/2007. - Page 2 Empty Re: The ABC's of Booth and Brennan (a collection of shots by beaglelvr) -various. Posted by beagle on 25/11/2007.

Posted 07/12/2007 01:34:41 AM by DBAngelfan

ROFL That was awesome!
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Posted 07/12/2007 02:21:37 PM by RollOnFriday

=D i can't stop grinning... I imagine that a "tipsy" Brennan would be hilarious!! =D
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:40 am

Posted 07/12/2007 06:19:23 PM by saraluvzbonz

F... is for flattery or flirtatious.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:40 am

Posted 07/12/2007 08:23:37 PM by fanofbones

or f could always be the ole reliable..
fuckable...

fab
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:41 am

Posted 08/12/2007 09:59:40 PM by beaglelvr93

I know there are tons of 'naughty' F words. (just wait till we get to 's'!)

But for this one I'm doing 'Falling fast from foster homes' for F. I know it sounds dorky, but it'll be a comfort fic about Bren dealing with her past during a foster kid case. And all the squints will have to help her in some way.

Thanks for reading!

Beagle
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:41 am

Posted 09/12/2007 03:15:42 AM by saraluvzbonz

I'm looking forward to it.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:42 am

Posted 10/12/2007 08:10:27 AM by CheeseBK

hmmm I think I reviewed this one at ff? right?
anyway.. I LOVED this one... Brennan/Booth/stuck elevator... yummy ingredients
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:44 am

Posted 29/12/2007 07:09:50 PM by beaglelvr93

F is for Falling Fast from Foster Homes or Family

Thank you to Laby Anne Boleyn (again!) for suggesting 'Fall', which eventually got me thinking of this shot. To everyone, I'm sorry about the wait. I was having some writers block, and then went on vacation for a bit and didn't have time to write.

F is also for: French fries, fun, fluffy, father, Fire, Fast, Forensics!, Fine, Fourth of July, French Kiss, fear, fun, freaking, fur, French, Friday, Frog, Fire, Flirting, FBI, Forever, Faith, furry, film, Fit, Feed, fall, find, Far, Friend, Front, favorite, family, fancy, flattery, fat, far fall, foot, fan, farther, finger, friend, foxy, filandering, flailing, frowning, folly, fresh, fantastic, fear, fail, forget, fumble, fight. There is also one more word that I could put in for F, but for the sake of keeping this T (ish), I'll just say that it has four letters and leave it at that.

I have G partially written already, but need some ideas for the end, so keep it up with the words! G will be for Guitar, or Guitar Lessons. I haven't decided yet. Even if it's something crazy like 'gumballs' I want to know your 'G' words! I love reading them – you guys always make me laugh!
BBBBBBBBBBBBB

Booth watched as she nibbled half-heartedly on one of his fries.

“You have to eat, Bones.” He said encouragingly. Brennan looked up at him. Her expression was vacant and her eyes tired.

“I'm not hungry.” She said, returning to picking at her food.

“Ok,” Booth said, not about to be detoured by her sullen attitude. “Why don't you tell me what the squints found out before I dragged you to lunch?”

“We got an ID.” She responded, not looking at him.

“That's great! Who is it?”

“No, it's not 'great'. She was someone. Not something to throw away like the trash bags they gave us. Not something to take your anger out on. She was a girl and it wasn't her fault she was placed in an abusive family. Not all of us got lucky!” Brennan finished angrily. Getting up, she left her uneaten meal and stomped out the door with her hands shoved deep in her pockets. Booth threw some bills on the table and rushed after her. He found her already in his SUV, stony silent and staring out the window. Knowing that she would only clam up if he asked what had just happened, Booth started the car and drove to the Jeffersonian without comment.

They walked into the lab side by side, Booth's arm slung around Brennan's shoulders. He didn't know what had caused her outburst, but he did know that she needed the closeness and comfort. Heading up the steps to the platform where th rest of the squints were sitting around talking, Booth pulled his partner closer, tugging her into his side before addressing everyone.

“Bones tells me you have an ID.”

After raising an eyebrow at the duo's apparent lack of a personal bubble, Angela turned her sketch book so that they could see it. The face of a very young girl shown back at them. Soft brown hair framed an athletic face, and Angela had given the girl startlingly blue eyes that made her look wise beyond her teenage years.

Booth felt his hear soften and turn to ice in the same moment. How could someone do this to such a beautiful young girl? He looked at the pile of bones on the lab table, and then back to the drawing. Closing his eyes he made a silent promise. I will find out who did this to you. It was a promise he made every case, and one he had yet to break. Sighing, he pulled out his notebook.

“Name?” Hodgins quickly consulted a piece of paper in his hands, but Brennan got there first.

“Jackie Procket. Fostered by Mark King at the age of 9 after both parents died in a car crash. Mark King was, and still is, an abusive son of a bitch. He has been arrested on several accounts of assault and always gets away with it because he has friends in high places of the state police. She was most likely killed with a crow bar.”

Everyone was gaping at her.

“You sure did your research, Bones. I'm impressed.” Booth said as he jotted down the information. “Did we get Jackie's file?” Zack reached over and grabbed the manila folder, handing it to Booth. Flipping through it briefly, he closed it and his notebook. “Great job, guys. Keep it up. I just have to run to the office real quick, ok? Be back soon.”

The team watched Booth's retreat before breaking off to do their own work. Angela headed to her office and Jack to his station. Zack, however, stayed to continue examining the bones. After a few moments he looked up, surprised to see Brennan staring at the remains, tears in her eyes. He understood immediately and knew what she needed. Scurrying off the platform, he went to his office, grabbed something off his desk and hurried back.

“Dr. Brennan?” He asked tentatively. Her eyes snapped up to his.

“Yes Zack?”

Shifting nervously, Zack decided to just be blunt. “Here.” He held out the small box that was in his hands. She took it, turning it over.

It was an ordinary cardboard box, about two inches square. Brennan looked up at Zack in confusion.

“What's it for?”

Taking a breath, Zack explained. “You often tell me to put my heart in a box. Being a very literal person, sometimes it takes me a while to figure these things out. Take the box. Carry it with you, and whenever you feel it in your pocket, you will remember that your heart is in that box and that you cannot open it until after the case. Does that make sense?” Zack asked, finishing his explanation. “I know you can't ACTUALLY put your heart in a box, but-”

“Thank you Zack.” Brennan cut him off, smiling sincerely. Leaning over, she gave him a quick hug. Tucking the box into her pocket, she pulled her hair up into a ponytail. “It's perfect.”

Teacher and student shared an understanding, empathetic look before Brennan spoke again.

“Shall we?” She asked, as if they were simply waling down the street, not hovering over a dead body. Nodding, Zack started to spout his observations.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Booth returned two hours later. Hopping up the steps to the platform, he only found Zack working.

“Hey Zack.” He said by way of greeting. “You seen Bones?”

“She's asleep in her office.” Zack responded, not looking up from the body.

“Ok, thanks.” Booth said, turning to go. Remembering what Bones had told him, he patted the young doctor on the shoulder with an open hand. “Keep up the good work.” Missing the slightly astonished look from Zack at actually being acknowledged by the Agent, Booth hurried to his partner's office.

Sure enough, she was asleep. Curled on her couch, she clutched a small box in her hand. Smiling, Booth sat down next to her. Reaching a hand out, he brushed a lock of hair out of her face. Woken by the movement, Brennan stirred. Opening her eyes she saw Booth smiling back at her and she wordlessly reached out a hand for him.

“What?” Booth asked, confused as to what she wanted him to do.

“You look exhausted.” She said sleepily, reaching for him again. “Come here.” Understanding her need for closeness, and being dam tired, he complied, motioning for her to scoot over. “I can't move over any more, it's a couch.” She pointed out.

“Just get up for a second.” She did, and watched as he lay down, stretching out on the couch on his side.

“Now come here.” Once again she listened, lying next to him. He immediately wrapped around an arm around her waist, keeping her on the couch with him. Yeah right. You just want her against you.

With her back firmly to his chest, Brennan snuggled against her Agent, nuzzling his arm which she was using for a pillow. Comfy at last, she let out a deep sigh, relaxing all her muscles simultaneously. Closing her eyes, she mumbled something.

“What you say?” Booth murmured against her ear, already starting to be lulled to sleep by the sound of her breathing.

“I said you're a good pillow. Warm and...” She thought for a moment, trying to find the right word. “Comfy.” She decided, nuzzling closer.

Slightly amused by her answer but to tired and too distracted by her closeness to care, Booth simply mumbled a 'That's good to know' before drifting off to sleep. Brennan soon joined him and their breathing leveled off, synchronizing unconsciously.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

“Sweetie? You in yet?” Angela asked loudly, skipping into her best friend's office. “The boys need your help with something.”

The sight that reached her stopped her in her tracks. Bren had her face buried in Booth's neck, their arms and legs tangled around each other as they slept peacefully on her couch.

Oh my god! Look at them! Ahhhhh!!!! Finally! Angela said, containing a squeal. Jumping up and down, she clapped her hands together. Just as she was getting to the good part of her victory dance, a voice broke through her fluffy daze.

“Ange? What the hell are you doing?”

It was Brennan, who had shifted in Booth's arms to look at her ecstatically happy friend.

“You... him- B- Booth!” Angela stuttered, having a hard time getting the words to come out right. Brennan raised an eyebrow in confusion before leaning over and poking Booth in the shoulder. He groaned and tightened his arms around her.

“I'm sleeping, Bones. Go away.” He mumbled.

“Booth, Angela is hopping up and down in my office and we have to get up to solve this case. So no, you are not sleeping.” Her bossy voice caused him to open his eyes and mock glare at her.

“Someone's not a morning person, I see. Fine, I'll get up and go grab some breakfast for everyone, if you insist.” Booth said, sitting up and stretching.

“Yes, I do insist.”

Grumbling about bossy partners, Booth got up off the couch, running a hand through his mused hair and stretching more than he could on the couch. Sending a meaningful look at Brennan, he said,

“I'll be back in a bit. Call me if the guys find anything.” And then he was gone.

Turning to Angela, Brennan asked, “So what did you wake us up for?”

“Oh...” Angela thought hard to remember why she HAD come into her friend's office. “Oh... the boys want to show you something. I think they want to drag you into one of their experiments.” Yawning, Brennan got up off the couch as well and slumped out to the lab.

“Dr. Brennan! Over here!” Came Jack's beckoning call. Looking around, she spotted his waving hand from the pathology lab. Uh oh. Cam will skin them alive if they blow up her lab. Scurrying over to them, she pulled her hair into a pony tail.

“What's up?” Zack and Jack glanced nervously at each other before Zack spoke.

“We have an experiment that we thought you might be interested in.”

“Me? But you always do the experiments.” Brennan asked incredulously.

“Exactly! We want you to... experience the wonders of whacking a block of wood with a crowbar.” Brennan raised an eyebrow as Jack thrust a crowbar into her hands, pointing to the block of wood on the floor. Twirling the crowbar expertly in her hands, Brennan shot the boys a wicked smirk before swinging the tool towards the floor.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

It hit with a satisfying 'whack' and there was an even more satisfying crunching of wood when she pulled the embedded metal out of the block. Bringing it down again, she continued to hack at the wood until her arms became tired. Handing the bar to Zack, who replaced the wood and did same, she stood back to watch him.

An hour later, the three sat exhausted on the floor of the pathology lab, happily eating bagels that Booth had brought the team.

“And what did we gain from that?” Brennan asked, mouth full of cream cheese.

“Well,” Jack started, swallowing a large bite before tearing into it once more. “It was pretty dam fun, and if I may say so, stress relieving. But looking at these marks, I'd have to say that the girl was defiantly killed on a soft surface, most likely dirt or sand. See where the wood is chipped?” He asked, pointing to a few spots on the boards. “That mark was NOT found on her body, and it shows that the surface was too hard.”

“Wow.” Brennan breathed, impressed. “So you don't just do these things to grind up pigs and grow sea monkeys?”

“Nope. There's a method to our madness. So... you seem to know this guy, is there anywhere that he is close to that is a beach? Because earlier I was trying to place some particulates, and now that you mention the beach... it fits. She was killed on a beach.” Hodgins said, thinking to himself.

“Dr. Brennan?” Zack asked, looking at Brennan's pale face.

“I know where we have to go.” She said quickly before scurrying out of the lab.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

“BOOTH!!” Brennan yelled through the lab. “Where are you?”

“In here.” He said, poking his head out of her office. “What's up?”

“Booth, we have to go. NOW.” She said frantically, grabbing his arm and trying to tug him out the door.

“Bones, wait. Where are we going? What's wrong?” Booth said, trying to stop her.

“I know where he is. We have to go now!”

“Woah, slow down! Where who is?”

“Mark, that bastard! Come on!” Rolling his eyes, Booth allowed himself to be pulled out the door to his SUV. Brennan gave him general directions to head to the Virginian coast, and they were off.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB Two hours later, in front of a small beach house

As soon as the car was stopped at their destination, Brennan jumped out and stormed to the door. She was pounding on the door when Booth caught up with her.

“Mark! You son of a bitch, I know you're in there!” She yelled at the door. All of a sudden it was yanked open.

“What the hell do you want, Tempe?!” The man in the doorway screamed back. Brennan was shaking with anger.

“How could you? You killed Jackie after I left?! You are worse than I thought! They told me she ran away when I tried to get her out of here!!” Brennan spat at him. Mark's hand flew out to slap her, but she was quicker. Grabbing his arm and twisting it behind his back, she shoved him roughly against the door frame, snarling, her voice deadly low.

“That's not going to work anymore, Mark. Just because you think you're the 'King' doesn't mean I'm going to take it. I ought to kill you right here.”

Booth took that as a cue to intervene. “Ok Bones. I can take it from here.” He said, tugging his handcuffs out of his belt. Her wild eyes met his and she relaxed slightly. She held out her hands for the cuffs, which he gave to her. Cuffing Mark's hands so that they were twisted painfully, she shoved him out the door towards Booth before whipping around and disappearing into the house.

“Bones! Wait for me!” Booth yelled, quickly cuffing Matt to his SUV before running after her.

She sprinted up the stairs to Jackie's old room. Slowly pushing open the heavy door, she scanned the room. A small boy sat huddled on his bed. When she moved towards him, he let out a shriek and buried further into his blankets.

“Shhhh. I'm not going to hurt you.” She soothed, reaching for the three or four year old. When he looked up and realized that she didn't look like a threat, he held out his arms to her. Picking him up and cradling him to her, Brennan asked softly.

“What's your name?”

“Maffew.” The little boy said, his thumb in his mouth.

“Matthew? That's a very big name. You must be very brave to have a name like that.” Tempe said in a motherly tone. Matthew nodded.

“I'm Temperance. That's also a big name, but I'm not as brave as you.” When he continued to suck his thumb contentedly, she asked. “Is there anyone else here? Any other kids?” Matthew shook his head. Sighing in relief, Brennan hoisted him onto her hip and carried him out of the bedroom as Booth came barreling up the stairs.

“Bones! Don't ever do that again! You have to wait for ME to clear the house, ok?” Booth said accusingly. His anger evaporated when he finally noticed the child in her arms. “How did you?-” He started, but she shook her head.

“I'll explain later. Let's just get out of here, ok?” Nodding, Booth lead the way back to the SUV. They got in the car and headed off to the Hoover building to drop off Mark. But he wasn't going quietly.

“So, Tempe. You decided to just show up and ruin my fun. Take my kid and everything.” Mark taunted from the backseat. Brennan, who was still holding Matthew, turned around.

“You and I both know dam well that he's not your kid. You had no right. Now, shut up before I break your nose.” She threatened.

“I'm really scared, Tempe.” He muttered sarcastically. “It's not like you ever fought back.”

She had spun around and smashed her hand into his nose before he even had a chance to blink. “Like that was my fault. I was there for Jackie.” She spat at him, her voice deadly low. Turning back to a sleeping Matthew, she silently declared that the rest of the ride was to be silent. None of the men in the car objected.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

“Bones, we need to talk.” Booth said, walking into her office where she was playing with Matthew. FBI had gotten custody of him, and Brennan volunteered to watch him until they located his family. She looked up sheepishly.

“You read his file?”

“Yes, and I really want to know how your judgment could be THAT bad.”

“Alright.” She sighed, gesturing to the couch. Adjusting a happy Matthew in her lap, she started to explain. “Sit.” He sat. “I was 18, just out of the system. Mark seemed like a nice guy, so I went to dinner with him. He invited me back to his place, and I declined. The next thing I knew I woke up there anyway. I was in the room, the one I found Mattie in.”

Booth raised an eyebrow. “Mattie? Getting a little attached, are we?” Brennan shushed him with a wave of her hand. “I'll explain that too. Just listen.”

“I woke up in that room, and looked around. A girl, maybe 11, was watching me from her bed. She introduced herself as Jackie. We were in that room for a good twenty four hours together before he came back, and in result became good friends. I offered to get her away from Mark, and we started to form this plan- she would pass as my sister, and we would get an apartment together. Anything to get away from Mark. I soon found out that Mark was an abusing rapist.”

“In order for us both to run away, I was going to need to go out and set some things up. Mark told me that he would kill her if I left. She-... she-..” Brennan trailed off, sniffling, tears now streaming down her face. “She told me to go, to leave her. She said it was ok, and that she would sacrifice herself so that I could get away. Of course I didn't do that. One night, a year or so later, I snuck out to go grab some extra food for us. Mark wasn't giving us enough to eat. I came back, and Mark told me that she had run away.”

“I was shocked. We were going to leave together! But at the same time, I was happy that she took the opportunity to get away. I left the next day, and informed Social Services that he was a horrible foster father. They didn't believe me, as I had no evidence. They believed Mark's story that she had run away, and closed the file.”

“All these years, I thought she got away. But it was my fault. I left and he killed her.” She was sobbing full out now. Matthew reached up a small hand and grabbed her hand.

“It's ok, Tempe.” He mumbled before snuggling closer and drifting off to sleep.

Sniffing and hugging the little boy closer to her, she continued.

“That's why I submitted an adoption form for Mattie. He has no family. Mark always picks the ones that he knows won't be missed. I will do everything in my power to make sure he suffers.” Booth had sat silent, a worried and concerned look on his face through the whole story.

“Bones, I-” He was cut off by his phone ringing. Shooting her an apologetic look, Booth answered it.

“Booth. Yes. Yes sir, I'll be there.” Hanging up, he turned to Brennan.

“I have to go, Cullen wants me to do the interrogation. I'll be back in an hour or so to take you two for pie, ok?” He leaned down and kissed her forehead, while ruffling Mattie's hair. “No, Bones. You stay here. Let me handle this one.” He added at her pouting look.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Brennan woke up on her couch, Mattie in her arms. Glancing at the clock, she noticed that only a few hours had passed. Picking up the sleeping boy, she walked over to her desk. She chuckled when she saw her computer monitor.

Taped to the screen was a beautiful drawing of her and Mattie sleeping, with Angela's signature and a note at the bottom.

Don't worry, Sweetie. We're here for you.

The rest of her monitor was covered in various sticky notes. Leaning closer, she read a few.

Call me when you guys wake up! I want pie! ~Booth

Hey Dr. B! When you get a chance can you come to exam room three? Oh, and don't tell Cam. Don't worry, it's not REALLY illegal. ~Hodgins

Dr. Brennan- You can keep the box. Trust me, it will help. ~ Addy

BBBBBoooonnnnneeessssss. Wake up! I still want pie! ~ Booth

We got him! He's got life in jail! Woo hoo! Call me! ~ Booth

Smiling, Temperance Brennan adjusted the child on her hip. She knew that she would be ok if she had her family. With them, she could get through anything.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Posted 29/12/2007 08:42:50 PM by piratesmiley

Beagle! I'm in love with your siggy!

and I'm in love with your fic! Brilliant!
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:45 am

Posted 29/12/2007 08:42:49 PM by beaglelvr93

*Grins*

Thanks Pirate!
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:45 am

Posted 29/12/2007 11:11:28 PM by fanofbones

that was wonderful...loved it..
so glad she broke the bastards nose :-)
and Matty? adorable.....

fab
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:46 am

Posted 30/12/2007 00:52:01 AM by DBAngelfan

yeah go Brennan lol
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:50 am

Posted 30/12/2007 10:51:28 PM by beaglelvr93

G is for Gabbing to Giraffes

Thank you to dawnmei for suggesting 'giraffe'.

G is also for: Good, grape, grad, graduation, green, grope, grovel, grant, grip, griddle, girl, God, gore, garden gnomes, guest, gentleman, galloping, grand, grapple, gorgeous, grieve, 'Girl On The Moon' by Foreigner, gifts, grins, Gotcha, and guts.

BTW, ick on the ending to this one. I couldn't think of anything... so tell me what you think of it. I decided to toss my half written shot on guitar, because this just seemed so much more fun.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Temperance Brennan pressed herself flat against the wall. Poking her head around the corner, she pulled it back when she saw that he was in Angela's office, talking to Angela herself. Before either of them looked up she scurried past the door, took a right, and ran through a maintenance door. Taking the back way and creeping through the various janitor hallways, she managed to get to the other side of the building without being followed. Breathing a sigh of relief, she went out a back door and headed down the alleyway.

It started to rain. Winding her way through the maze of alleys and streets, she came up to the back door of a restaurant. Knocking, she waited for someone to come out. She looked up when the door opened.

“Hey Smoke. Want that seat in the back?”

Smiling, she answered, shaking the rain off and stepping through the doorway. “That would be great, Sid.” He followed her to her seat, and watched as she sat down.

“Did you run from him again?” Sid asked. Brennan looked up at him sheepishly.

“Not exactly run. More like avoid. . .” She paused, thinking. “Ok, maybe I ran a bit. But come on! I haven't seen him in a year. I just can't face him yet.” She finished with a sigh, burying her head in her arms. “What am I supposed to do, Sid?”

Sid studied her for a minute before snapping his fingers in an 'Aha!' gesture. “I know just what you need.” He walked away to get her food as Brennan sat deep in thought.

A year. I know that he had no choice – it was undercover work. But how can I face him now? I'm still here. I didn't do anything in the last year. He's going to take one look at me and think 'Wow, she's still a dam workaholic. She has no life.'

Sighing, Brennan propped her chin in her hand and closed her eyes.

“Here's your food, Smoke.” Brennan opened her eyes as Sid placed a bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich in front of her. Smiling, she picked up her spoon.

“Why do you call me Smoke? At least 'Bones' makes sense.” She asked, starting in on her food.

“Because you're like smoke. If you don't want to be found, no one's going to find you.” Sid teased, chuckling.

“But Smoke-” He paused, voice now serious as he waited for her to look him in the eye. “He's not going to give up until he catches this smoke” He pointed at her dramatically. “With his bare hands.” Winking, he walked away to attend to some new customers. Shaking her head at the innuendo Brennan went back to her meal. Is the whole world trying to get me and Booth together?

She had just finished her soup when she heard the sound of the restaurant door opening. Looking up she froze, like a deer in the headlights, when she saw who it was. Their eyes connected, his lighting up and hers clouding. He called out to her.

“Bones!”

But she was already out the door.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

“Hey Ange.” He said quietly, knocking lightly on her door. When she looked up and saw who it was, her jaw dropped and she let out a laugh of disbelief.

“Well if it isn't Seeley Booth. Where the hell have you been?” Angela asked, getting up to hug him.

“Undercover, but you knew that. We got the guy so I'm back for good.” He said with a smile. “Where's Bones? I didn't see her up on the platform.”

Angela's smile faded. “I don't think you're going to find her.”

“Why?” He asked, confused.

“She shut down when we found out you were undercover. She still gets her work done, but I know from the security tapes that she spends most of her time wandering. She probably knows every nook and cranny of this place now, and when she got bored with that, she started wandering the streets.” Angela looked up at his shocked face and chuckled. “I know, it sounds crazy. But she'll give you the slip anywhere now. I tried to find her about a month after you left. She was right in front of me one second, and then I blinked and she was gone.”

They sat in silence, thinking, until Booth's head snapped up. He whipped around and stared at the door.

I could have sworn I saw. . . He thought, but shrugged it off. “Wanna go grab some lunch? I'm starving.”

“Sure, let me get the guys. Wong Foo's sound good?”

Ten minutes later they pushed open the door to Wong Foo's. Booth walked in first, his hands in his pockets and his head low. The hair on the back of his neck prickled familiarly. Looking around, he spotted her. Their eyes locked.

“Bones!” He called, starting towards her.

“G-man!” Sid called at the same time. The two seconds it took for him to glance at Sid was all the time it took for her to get away.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB Later that night, about 10:00 at Wong Foo's

“You didn't need to distract him. I would have gotten away.” Brennan said, sipping her beer. Sid leaned his arms on the bar.

“I know that, Smoke. But I could also see how jumpy you were today. I was just helping out.”

Brennan absentmindedly swirled her drink, chewing on her lip. “I know I can't run from him forever. We work together.”

“Take the day off tomorrow and think about what you're going to do. If you get hungry you can always stop in here.” Sid suggested.

Brennan chuckled. “Isn't that what I did today? Cam will fire me if I keep sneaking off like this.”

“I heard from a little bird that you sneak off often.” He said.

“Is that little bird's name Angela?”

“You got me ther-” Sid stopped, looking up at the door which had just opened. A very depressed and tired looking Booth trudged through the door. Looking up he saw Brennan, once again frozen in place.

“Bones...” Booth started cautiously, not wanting to scare her into bolting again. When she rose from her seat and started backing away, he put his hands in front of him to try to show her that he wasn't going to hurt her. “Bones, I just want to talk, ok?” He said calmly, like he was trying to talk a vicious dog out of biting him. He could almost hear himself saying 'Nice doggie. That's a good doggie'.

She shook her head, eyes wide before turning and sprinting out the back door.

“Bones!” Booth yelled, tearing after her. The back door banged shut behind him as he found himself in a small alleyway. “Temperance!” But it was no use. She was gone.

Booth stomped back into the empty restaurant in a huff, sat down on her abandoned bar stool and drank the rest of her beer. Motioning to Sid, he only started to talk after he had another in his hand.

“Why is she avoiding me? I thought she'd be happy to see me.” He asked, swirling his beer just as Brennan had minutes ago. Sid smiled, shaking his head at the agent. This what they call dumb love.

“She's scared, Booth.” Sid said.

Something struck Booth as odd, and his protective streak flared up. “How come she talks to you and not me? That's the second time today that I've seen her in here.” He asked huffily.

“When you left, she came here. I brought comfort food, and she just curled up in that back booth and cried. I've never seen her break down like that.” He said with a sad smile. “There was no one else in here- it was kind of late at night. I went over and started talking to her, now when she needs a place to hide she comes here. It's not like she can hide in her office.” Sid finished explaining.

“If you see her in here again, will you call me? I really need to talk to her. I need to figure out what's wrong.” Booth asked.

“Of course I'll call you, but I think the only way that you're going to catch Smoke is to grab her and never let her go.” Booth frowned in confusion.

“Literally or figuratively?” He asked.

Sid laughed. “That my friend, is up to you.”

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB The next day. The great Brennan hunt.

“Ok Ange, I've checked her place, Wong Foo's, her office. Do you have ANY idea where she might run?” Booth asked, getting desperate. The artist looked up from the TV.

“I already told you, you're not going to catch her.” Angela said, turning back to the TV, which was showing the news, and the opening of a new giraffe exhibit at the National Zoo. Booth turned to watch with her, thinking hard to try to figure out where his partner might go. All of a sudden a familiar figure appeared on the screen.

“That's her!” He said excitedly. Angela looked to where his finger was pointing to the TV. Sure enough, Brennan was there, leaning causally against a wall outside the crowd in front of the giraffe exhibit. “I have to go Ange.” He said quickly, and then he was out the door.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB Giraffe exhibit, National Zoo

Temperance leaned against the railing, watching the giraffes. She didn't know why she had come to the zoo. . . it seemed so silly now.

“What am I going to do now?” She asked the giraffe. It tilted it's head to the side and continued chewing on it's chunk of grass. It let out a snort and shook it's head. “Yeah, that's what I thought too.”

She suddenly froze when she felt someone behind her. Spinning around she came face to face with Seeley Booth. He put his hands on either side of the railing, effectively trapping her in.

“Hello, Bones. So nice of you to avoid me.” He said calmly as she crossed her arms and glared at him.

“I don't want to talk to you, Booth.” She said stubbornly, her voice cold.

“Why? What did I ever do to you?”

Brennan rolled her eyes before ducking out from under his arms. “Figure it out, genius.”

“Seriously, Bones. I don't know what I did!” He called at her retreating back. Jogging to keep up with her, he added. “And don't try to run because I'll just catch you again.” Brennan laughed.

“I highly doubt that.”

“Oh yeah? You don't want me to go Ranger on your ass.” He said, dead serious as he fell into stride beside her. They were out of the zoo now, strolling down the street.

“And you don't want me to disappear off the face of the earth, so can we come to an agreement here? Just leave me alone.” She said, taking a turn down an alleyway. He followed.

“Disappear? Even you couldn't hide from me, Bones.” Booth said wrapping an arm around her shoulder. Surprisingly, she let him.

“Yes I can, Booth. I know the city pretty well now.” She replied.

“So I've heard. Angela told me that you wander the streets. Do you bring your gun with you when you go off on your little adventures?” He asked.

“No I don't, Mr. Alpha Male. I can defend myself.”

“Bones! You can't just go wandering D.C without protection. You know better than anyone what happens to people out there.” Booth said angrily.

“I can easily lose someone. You've seen me fight, I'm no pushover.”

“I know that Bones. It doesn't mean someone can't jump you from behind or-”

“You just walk out of my life, and then come back and expect to run it? I don't think so.” Brennan said angrily, shoving his arm off her shoulder and stalking ahead of him. Making a turn, she ducked inside a small alley where she knew she could lose him.

“Bones!” Booth yelled as soon as she gave him the slip. “I know you can hear me, dammit! What did I do?” Turning in circles to try to find out where she went, he continued. “Please, Temperance. Talk to me.” He was begging now, and it was breaking her heart. “Bones!. . . Bones, please. . . please.”Sighing quietly to herself, she stepped out of the alley and tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped and spun to face her.

“Does this at least prove that I can get away from you if I really want to?”

He sighed in relief and surprised her by grabbing her in a crushing hug. “Don't EVER do that again. You scared me.” He mumbled into her hair.

“You scared me more. I had to find out from Cullen that you were undercover.” Now blinking back tears, Tempe buried her face in his neck and yelled angrily at him, the hurt clear in her voice. “I didn't even get to say goodbye. I thought you were dead! No call, no note, no nothing. A whole year, Booth. I missed you so-” She tightened her arms around him, now gripping his shirt desperately. “Dam much. So dam much.” A tear escaped down her cheek.

“Shhh. It's ok Bones.” He soothed. “Just next time, please come talk to me, and not to the giraffe, ok?” Brennan raised her head and her eyebrows.

“I was not talking to the giraffe! I was observing!” She said indignantly.

“Mmm hmmm. Sure. I saw you.” Booth teased, adopting a high pitched voice. “What am I going to do, Mr. Giraffe? Please solve all my problems, Mr.-”

“I did NOT!” Brennan repeated, slapping him in the chest as she blushed.

“Oh yes you did. Now will you please come back to the lab with me? Or do I have to black mail you?” Booth asked.

Brennan raised herself to her full hight so that they were nose to nose. “What have you got?”

“You talk to giraffes.”

“Well you talk in your sleep.” She retorted. Booth's eyes went wide.

“What did I say?!” He asked quickly.

“Nothing, nothing.” She said, smiling triumphantly.

“Yeah, well you do the cutest thing when you're thinking. Your face gets all concentrated and you bite your lip and you tap your fingers on the table. Oh! And if you're holding a pencil or something you'll click it against your teeth until you come up with the answer you're looking for.” Brennan blinked.

“Aren't you supposed to be working, Seeley Booth? Not watching me?” She asked teasingly. “And I am NOT cute.”

“Of course you aren't, Bones.” He said, chuckling. Slinging his arm around her waist, he started walking again. Brennan rolled her eyes and went willingly, silently thanking the giraffe for helping him to find her.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:51 am

Posted 31/12/2007 01:02:36 AM by DBAngelfan

wow that was great....don't worry, you did a good job.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:52 am

Posted 31/12/2007 11:21:15 AM by beaglelvr93

Thanks DB!! I just thought the last sentence was kind of lame...

Glad you liked it tho!

Beagle
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:52 am

Posted 31/12/2007 02:50:40 PM by bones206

That was great! Can't wait for "H". H could be for hugs??????
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:53 am

Posted 31/12/2007 08:52:36 PM by fanofbones

that was awesome beagle...just wonderful and cute as can be...

h for hungry
h for humerous
h for hounddog
h for hurry
h for hardhat
h for hyperion hotel

hugs
fab
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:53 am

Posted 17/01/2008 04:00:52 PM by RollOnFriday

wow you posted twice and i didn't realise...

F - first off i love the idea. You managed to portay a rather vulnerable Brennan very well, especially seeing that we don't see that very often in the show. My favourite line(s) :

“You often tell me to put my heart in a box. Being a very literal person, sometimes it takes me a while to figure these things out. Take the box. Carry it with you, and whenever you feel it in your pocket, you will remember that your heart is in that box and that you cannot open it until after the case."

How cute is Zack?! I really like this bit because you get to see Zack helping Brennan out in an emotional sense which I don't gets written very often.

Go Brennan go!! Smash that guy's face in!!

lol Booth does like his pie (post it notes)
Mattie?? Adorable!!

G - I like the fact that Sid is back in this fic and that he has his own little nickname for Brennan. I think that it's very realistic and IC when Brennan is running from Booth because he left her life then came back and wanted to just carry on as if nothing had happened. I think Booth plays such a major part in Brennan's life and for him to leave would be devestating for her - she seems to be much more reliant on him than she ever realised and she is fearful of it.

Great fic Beagle; I can't wait for more!!
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:54 am

Posted 17/01/2008 07:36:17 PM by beaglelvr93

Thank you SOOO much for the awesome review, RollOnFriday! I love the comments.

I'm WORKING on H, but I haven't gotten very far. A hint tho, H is going to be for Hotblooded. (if my plans don't change) It'll be a remake of Two Bodies in A Lab... but what if BREN was the one who opened the fridge? Muwahaha.

My evil genius mind at work.
Very Happy

Beagle
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:55 am

Posted 18/01/2008 05:55:47 PM by piratesmiley

I applaud your evil genius-ness. As long as no one dies, I'm good with evil. Then, maybe Booth can arrest me...with his great big handcuffs...and big awesome muscles...

*drools*
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:55 am

Posted 18/01/2008 08:04:10 PM by beaglelvr93

Don't worry... no one dies. At least no one IMPORTANT.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:56 am

Posted 18/01/2008 09:01:37 PM by piratesmiley

Don't worry... no one dies. At least no one IMPORTANT.

*cues evil laughter* MWAH HA HA HA HA! Wait-then who is it???
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:56 am

Posted 18/01/2008 09:23:21 PM by beaglelvr93

*Looks both ways and then whispers*

Maybe Kenton... but I'm still deciding.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next