Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TVGuide MegaBuzz 8/31/10

+11
Beliskner
crzy4bones
MI_Bonesgirl
mommahurley
geraghtyvl
joybrennan
RubyRuby
jhi1005
jro54
tinkrella
bugaboo628
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TVGuide MegaBuzz 8/31/10 - Page 2 Empty Re: TVGuide MegaBuzz 8/31/10

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:36 am

[quote="crzy4bones"]
joybrennan wrote:Who says voicing complaints doesn't affect things - when were the tubeys out - the 24th? Then there was ausiello's poll about the poster which, if you read through the commentary about the promo and not about posters yelling at each other, were largely negative about it, the 100th, the rumored girlfriend and general direction of the show. Less than a WEEK later, this comes out. Talk about a 180 degree turn in media tone. Razz.

Now, are they just changing advertising strategy, or actually shifting direction? Suspect Let's hope actual direction. Shot or not; any episode's tone can be shifted in editting.

I'm confused as to how you get that it's a change in advertising/media tone or that the show is changing direction. We've known all along that Hannah was only temporary and that the relationship, once brought back to the real world of DC, would change and have challenges once Brennan was put into the mix. The whole "Will Booth really ever be able to move on" thing has been stated even before the end of last season.

I got the change in direction thing because the mainstream media blitzes and promos have been emphasizing the WON'T THEY aspects of things. We are spoiler informed folks. The average viewer probably heard about Booth's girlfriend with tbe mainstream Comic Con stuff - which were not very positive about B&B anytime soon. Then these promos come out that emphasis Booth with Raghag. If I DIDN'T know she was with the "Booth's moved on" theory. Especially since the fountain scene spoken about at the end of five isn't mentioned in the promos. Heck, even among the spoiler crowd I would say there's a majority who have felt that the info being given was negative for a B&B relationship anytime soon. The fact that something as mainstream as TV guide is going, "hey, it looks bad, but don't worrry, Booth is going to TORPEDO what you've been seeing in the promos" is, IMO, a huge shift in media promotion, which COULD mean they've decided teasing about Booth moving on was a bad idea, and that dragging out will they/won't they could cut into their audience/rating share.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:55 am

I took the "Booth will torpedo this relationship" with Hannah thing to mean that he'll do something or not do something that causes Hannah to leave him. That he'll screw it up because he's not over Bones yet.

Edited to add ... just 4 new episodes before the baseball break? Geez, it's been a while since I've watched a Fox show. Anyone else old enough to remember the year the X-Files didn't even premiere until after the World Series, in like November 20-something? I thought I would die of withdraws that summer/fall.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:21 am

^Ha ha. I think we pretty much agree on everything. I don't want Booth to break up Hannah just because Brennan gives him the green light either. I want him to break up with Hannah because he comes to the conclusion that Brennan is the ONE...he needs to come to that conclusion and make a decision...but Brennan has to admit she's in love with him wayyyy before that. Bottom line, they both need to do some pursuing-Booth needs to realize that Hannah is not working out and he has to be willing to fight for Brennan even if she says she can't change...and Brennan needs to be able to admit that she's in love with Booth.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by thatgirl61 Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 am

Wow HH is playing everyone like a fiddle.He even got Howard Stern to play along! King of all Media!!

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:05 pm

bailey wrote:I took the "Booth will torpedo this relationship" with Hannah thing to mean that he'll do something or not do something that causes Hannah to leave him. That he'll screw it up because he's not over Bones yet.
EXACTLY. There's nothing in the promos (thus far) that indicates that idea. The TV guide thing says that despite how it seems in the promos, don't worry, Booth's. not staying with the blonde creature you've seen him with." Laughing

Edited to add ... just 4 new episodes before the baseball break? Geez, it's been a while since I've watched a Fox show. Anyone else old enough to remember the year the X-Files didn't even premiere until after the World Series, in like November 20-something? I thought I would die of withdraws that summer/fall.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Well, to be fair, only the promos of the overview of the first 2 episodes are out...and I'm guessing Hannah will be in at least 6 or 7, so I don't think we will see the promo for the big Booth/Hannah break up for a while, but we will probably hear stuff about until then.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Their breakup probably hasn't been filmed yet, kinda hard to put that into a promo.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:54 pm

No I don't mean there should be stuff about the break-up in the promos Laughing The start of this conversation was about a change in media tone and possibly show direction. The promos play up Booth and Raghag. They could have just as easily played up Booth working with Brennan and their general awkwardness. They could have shed more light on what the case is that brings everyone back. The story they chose to tell in the promos is Booth comes back with a hot girlfriend and Brennan is the third wheel and appears sad. They apparently thought this was a good way to go in getting people to tune in. The poster does not show a happy or Flirty B&B. Then the Tubeys come out. The promos have already been locked in, as well as the poster. Unless you read spoilers, the only media you really have about Bones upcoming season is that Booth has a hot girlfriend and clips from Comic Con where DB talks about making Bones jealous. In otherwords, more B&B DISTANCE. The Tubeys, which Hart apparently was paying attention to, said the payoff and thus current direction of the show is something people are NOT happy with. A few days after THAT Ausellio premieres the poster saying how it clearly shows B&B will be getting together. scratch TV guide, a mainstream popular site, annouces that Booth will be doing SOMETHING to end the relationship with Raghag, whom, if you're not into on-line spoiler sites, you first heard about in some Comic Con mainstream coverage, or JUST saw on TV this week. Before you can freak out here's. tv guide saying, " don't worry, she's leaving." My point was just that it seems to me that there was a sudden shift in approach in terms of how to advertise the upcoming season - and that it seems to have to do with the negetive outcry voiced by the Tubey awards. It MAY have also shifted how they procede from here, ie, how long they drag the will they/won't they crap and how much of the raghag story will be continued to be prompted as front and center - and hopefully when the SOB leaves the show. Can't KNOW that, but since IMO they shifted their media campaign, I have more hope that they've reconsidered this season's course of direction.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:38 pm

My take on this is that at the end of season 5, HH and company had the first 6 episodes of the season plan out and they underestimated the negative reaction by the fanbase of the post 100 storyline. When the finale air and Ausiello and Marisa release the SO spoiler, the boards went crazy with many expressing their disgust. HH, however, believe that people's passions would diminished over the summer, and it would be okay to continue with the plan storyline. But rather than diminished, people's apprehension's about the upcoming season have only increase. So it doesn't surprise me that they may be having second thoughts. They will probably go ahead and shoot the plan out six episodes and then go with the episode were Brennan comes to some type of realization (the Brennan examining her own death episode). This I think will be the reset of the reset...

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:00 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:My take on this is that at the end of season 5, HH and company had the first 6 episodes of the season plan out and they underestimated the negative reaction by the fanbase of the post 100 storyline. When the finale air and Ausiello and Marisa release the SO spoiler, the boards went crazy with many expressing their disgust. HH, however, believe that people's passions would diminished over the summer, and it would be okay to continue with the plan storyline. But rather than diminished, people's apprehension's about the upcoming season have only increase. So it doesn't surprise me that they may be having second thoughts. They will probably go ahead and shoot the plan out six episodes and then go with the episode were Brennan comes to some type of realization (the Brennan examining her own death episode). This I think will be the reset of the reset...

The reset of the reset.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
I LOVE IT! AWESOME PHRASE!

Edit: I definetely agree there was miscalculation somewhere. I guess too, as someone who has been pretty vocal about not liking the show's direction it's nice to feel like my criticism, as part of the collective vocal discontent, has been heard. I mention the Tubeys because apparently HH wanted the results in before making some descions about the show's direction. Very Happy
I love you
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum