Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parker in S6 premiere

+12
Lorna Doone
DripPan
joybrennan
katharine
jro54
tinkrella
HermioneGirl101
mereva
MI_Bonesgirl
elyon
treble21
bugaboo628
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Parker in S6 premiere  Empty Parker in S6 premiere

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:03 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Can we expect to see more of Parker this season on ‘Bones‘? That kiddo is just too cute to be off screen for so long. – Amanda
It won’t be long at all ’til you spy the rugrat: Booth’s son – still played by Ty Panitz – shows up in the September 23 premiere.

Temperance wore some strikingly beautiful silver jewelry during the first few years of ‘Bones,’ and I have never seen any jewelry similar. Can you tell me something about it? – Georgeann

According to the show, there are two L.A-based designers they use to accessorize Brennan: Aklia Chinn of Aklia, and Kate Lindsay of Kate Lindsay Designs.com.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Parker in S6 premiere  Empty Re: Parker in S6 premiere

Post by treble21 Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:07 am

my guess: 2 minute guest spot in which a teary eyed Booth hugs Parker, thankful to be home and that nothing happened to Parker while he was gone, and Parker tells his dad he's proud of him and says something adorable.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:08 am

treble21 wrote:my guess: 2 minute guest spot in which a teary eyed Booth hugs Parker, thankful to be home and that nothing happened to Parker while he was gone, and Parker tells his dad he's proud of him and says something adorable.

I am not even going to give it 2 minutes. Very Happy
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:17 am

45 seconds. Hug, sentence Booth: 'I missed you, buddy.' 2 Sentences Parker: 'I'm glad you're back, Dad. Let's go throw the baseball around.' Sentence that should be but won't: Parker: 'Sorry I told you to go to a place where you might get killed but the writers were holding Mom hostage and I had to say those things to get you to go or Mom would have bitten the big one. Gee, Dad, you're looking happy. Get some while you were out fighting insurgents?'

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:19 am

elyon wrote:45 seconds. Hug, sentence Booth: 'I missed you, buddy.' 2 Sentences Parker: 'I'm glad you're back, Dad. Let's go throw the baseball around.' Sentence that should be but won't: Parker: 'Sorry I told you to go to a place where you might get killed but the writers were holding Mom hostage and I had to say those things to get you to go or Mom would have bitten the big one. Gee, Dad, you're looking happy. Get some while you were out fighting insurgents?'

Don't forget-Can we get a pool now?? facesmack
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:19 am

Remember when Marisa said that Parker would play an important role in the finale? What a load of hoo-hah that was. That whole scene never fails to make me want to shoot the television.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:21 am

well he kind of did play an important role in the finale-just not the one we were expecting. Evil or Very Mad
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:23 am

Yeah, he said words no 9-year-old who loved his father would say. Sorry, it still grates.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:26 am

elyon wrote:45 seconds. Hug, sentence Booth: 'I missed you, buddy.' 2 Sentences Parker: 'I'm glad you're back, Dad. Let's go throw the baseball around.' Sentence that should be but won't: Parker: 'Sorry I told you to go to a place where you might get killed but the writers were holding Mom hostage and I had to say those things to get you to go or Mom would have bitten the big one. Gee, Dad, you're looking happy. Get some while you were out fighting insurgents?'
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Don't forget-Can we get a pool now??
Oh my... girls, you're...

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:28 am

elyon wrote:Yeah, he said words no 9-year-old who loved his father would say. Sorry, it still grates.

Oh I know. I totally agree. My husband now calls Parker "The Pawn" when we watch reruns that he's in.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:25 am

After his role in the finale, I'm hesitant to even hear a mention of Parker. He'll say that Booth and Hannah are perfect for each other and completely forget about his beloved Dr. Bones.

(or, if I choose to be optimistic, he'll hate Hannah and plot her demise with Brennan. Just saying.)
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:33 am

I'm not sure how beloved Brennan is to Parker. He's waved at her, said hello to her and swum in her swimming pool. The latter would probably endear her to him but I haven't really seen any evidence that they've spent enough time together to be especially close.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:50 am

Eh, I've been reading too much fanfiction lately. After about an hour of fluffly stories, I manage to convince myself that their relationship is perhaps stronger than Booth and Brennan's, and that he visits her at the Jeffersonian/they spend time as a pseudo-family on Booth's weekends with Parker... stuff like that. However, it would be incredibly cute if they did forge that relationship.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:53 am

I'd have to agree. Based on what we've seen.....I really wouldn't say parker and bones are all that close. However, we are supposed to believe that there is a lot of stuff we don't see off screen. Obviously booth and brennan have many conversations that we are not privy to. So in thinking of it that way, I'm sure there have been times they have been together off screen. Although....if its off screen...does it even count? lol I guess that's a question for another thread lol Wink

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:56 am

This may be wishful thinking, but what if Parker is a signal to Booth that something is not great right with Hannah. I would love to see more Parker/Brennan bonding moments-in her pool! cheers
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:30 am

elyon wrote:Remember when Marisa said that Parker would play an important role in the finale? What a load of hoo-hah that was. That whole scene never fails to make me want to shoot the television.

This is the reason I don't put much stock in what the "professional bloggers" / "provessional interviewers" (call them what you will) say anymore. It seems like they get an idea or a clue of an idea from interviews with cast and HH and they run all over the map with it. They make it to be much more significant than it really is. Or they make us believe a 5 second conversation in one of the episodes is half of the story line. They did that with Hacker and Catherine. We were led to believe that these folks were significant love interests for our beloved Booth and Brennan and look how that turned out.
I am now just trying to see what I believe episode by episode, come September. There is way too much of us having to read between their lines and coming up with gutwrenching conclusions.
While, don't get me wrong I still am mad at HH for allowing my characters relationships to be written this poorly, but he has answered on his twitter account - to people that they are jumping to conclusions about things he hasn't supposedly even stated.
Was there this much hype last year or was I just not paying as much attention?

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:49 am

^ yes there was this much hype on the boards, although at the time it was mostly people posting about how excited they were for the new season.... If you are talking about hype from the media/people associated with the show, I'd say we probably have less of that this year than last year.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:07 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

PRICELESS!
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:33 am

lol!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:59 am

katharine wrote:
elyon wrote:Remember when Marisa said that Parker would play an important role in the finale? What a load of hoo-hah that was. That whole scene never fails to make me want to shoot the television.

This is the reason I don't put much stock in what the "professional bloggers" / "provessional interviewers" (call them what you will) say anymore. It seems like they get an idea or a clue of an idea from interviews with cast and HH and they run all over the map with it. They make it to be much more significant than it really is. Or they make us believe a 5 second conversation in one of the episodes is half of the story line. They did that with Hacker and Catherine. We were led to believe that these folks were significant love interests for our beloved Booth and Brennan and look how that turned out.
I am now just trying to see what I believe episode by episode, come September. There is way too much of us having to read between their lines and coming up with gutwrenching conclusions. ...

While, don't get me wrong I still am mad at HH for allowing my characters relationships to be written this poorly, but he has answered on his twitter account - to people that they are jumping to conclusions about things he hasn't supposedly even stated.

Was there this much hype last year or was I just not paying as much attention?

Hype of a different sort. This year they are definitely in triage mode. Last year they leaked Booth knew who Bones was (sort of) and people were calmer. This year - well, if you've been reading the boards you know. Fans (myself included) are upset, angry, furious, skipping the beginning episodes. They're looking for ANYTHING to distract fans from the stupid, dumbaas SO storyline that, for some reason, they thought fans would find...I don't know, intriguing maybe.
I STILL can't believe they thought people would be down with this nonsense, Evil or Very Mad

Also, to be fair, Parker does play a piay an important role in the finale: he gives Booth the permission he needs to goto Afghanistan. Important in that he wasn't willing to leave Parker. Granted it was a short, badly written and frankly badly concieved scene - Booth's supposed to. Be the ADULT who knows better...Mad. I digress, the point is, they are occasionally correct. Rolling Eyes (just trying to be fair - they all work for HH anyway, so I try not to pay much attention to them.)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by DripPan Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:01 am

elyon wrote: Parker: 'Sorry I told you to go to a place where you might get killed but the writers were holding Mom hostage and I had to say those things to get you to go or Mom would have bitten the big one. Gee, Dad, you're looking happy. Get some while you were out fighting insurgents?'

Damn! This is the funniest thing I have read in a very, very long time!

DripPan
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 95
Say What You Want : What you want.
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:11 am

elyon wrote:I'm not sure how beloved Brennan is to Parker. He's waved at her, said hello to her and swum in her swimming pool. The latter would probably endear her to him but I haven't really seen any evidence that they've spent enough time together to be especially close.

He didn't just swim in her pool. Brennan agreed to be Booth's village for Parker: go out with them to dinner and bowling and whatever other place Booth takes Parker. I've never understood how Booth could state that Brennan doesn't love him because no single woman who loves her profession, who is perfectly capable of sacrificing a personal life to that professional life, proceeds to agree to be the village to the son of a mere professional partner, unless she has more than a professional interest in her partner. Just one more indication to me that the writers were putting Booth and Brennan into a close personal relationship when they suddenly decided to break them up and send them off in another direction.

Lorna

Last edited by Lorna Doone on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:33 am

Lorna Doone wrote:
elyon wrote:I'm not sure how beloved Brennan is to Parker. He's waved at her, said hello to her and swum in her swimming pool. The latter would probably endear her to him but I haven't really seen any evidence that they've spent enough time together to be especially close.

He didn't just swim in her pool. Brennan agreed to be Booth's village for Parker: go out with them to dinner and bowling and whatever other place Booth takes Parker. I've never understood how Booth could state that Brennan doesn't love him because no single woman who loves her professional, who is perfectly capable of sacrificing a person life to that professional life, proceeds to agree to be the village to the son of a mere professional partner. Just one more indication to me that the writers were putting Booth and Brennan into a close personal relationship when they suddenly decided to break them up and send them off in another direction.

Lorna

BINGO BABY! I love you
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:09 pm

HermioneGirl101 wrote:After his role in the finale, I'm hesitant to even hear a mention of Parker. He'll say that Booth and Hannah are perfect for each other and completely forget about his beloved Dr. Bones.

(or, if I choose to be optimistic, he'll hate Hannah and plot her demise with Brennan. Just saying.)

I'm betting that we won't even see Hannah and Parker meet...and maybe Parker could be a signal that something is wrong in the Booth/Hannah relationship. That would be enough for Booth to kick her to the curb...We all know that Hannah is destined to leave eventually.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Hannah or Hart? Hannah or Hart?
Who should I [Only admins are allowed to see this link] first?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum