Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a farewell scene we didn't see?

+32
MoonlightGardenias
Beliskner
nclabrat
jsgemini
crzy4bones
kat0505
joybrennan
Pat
bonesparticulat
Maureen
IheartB&B
mommahurley
Gea
elyon
ddc
Hello Salty Goodness
SnoopGirl
MI_Bonesgirl
HermioneGirl101
tinkrella
ToZiKa
mereva
spectacularviews
future_anthro
treble21
Brain&Heart
katharine
clair82
boneslover2
jro54
sanasus
Lorna Doone
36 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Is there a farewell scene we didn't see? Empty Is there a farewell scene we didn't see?

Post by Lorna Doone Sun May 23, 2010 9:38 am

Eagle eyed Bones fans on twitter have blown up a picture of the necklace that Brennan wore in the farewell scene -- [Only admins are allowed to see this link] -- and it appears that she may be wearing a St. Christopher's medal.

If this is true, I hardly think an athiest would buy her own, but, given the fact that Booth bought one for Jared when he was leaving for India, doesn't it make sense that he would get one for Brennan -- either a new one or the one his grandfather gave him?

Now, again, if all this is true, why the hell didn't we get to see that scene? Did the episode run long? I could have done without the Hodgins/Sweets adventure or any scene Daisy was in. This just seems ludicrous to leave such a scene out.

If a scene was filmed, maybe they intend to use it as flashbacks in the season opener? A shot of Brennan on the plane home, fondling the medal, thinking about receiving the medal and wondering about the reunion she's about to have with Booth and her news that she wants to have a deeper relationship with him.

This possibility reminds me of an XFiles episode where Mulder is presumably obducted by aliens. Many on the XF online community, myself included, could have sworn that Mulder was wearing Scully's cross. We could see it glittering in the moonlight of the scene. How sweet of Chris Carter to think of that...and so unlike him. Then, alas, we determined that it wasn't the cross. It was just the zipper of the jacket he was wearing, rocking back and forth in the moonlight.

So, if this is a St. Christopher medal in the final scene, there must have been an earlier farewell we didn't get to see. Did Booth and Brennan have a more....shall we say...meaningful farewell earlier. Didn't she seem to finish his thought about meeting by the reflecting pool -- maybe because they'd already discussed it? What are the end song's lyrics again? "He called me baby, baby, all night long..."

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Is there a farewell scene we didn't see? Empty Re: Is there a farewell scene we didn't see?

Post by sanasus Sun May 23, 2010 10:00 am

I've literally just posted a comment on another thread about how I really really want to know what happened between the end of the case and the airport scene. Reasons being;

* St. Christopher medal
* They might have known he'd have trouble getting off base
* Clearly Booth was already back with the army during the airport scene, I'd like to think that he'd have said goodbye to everyone before he went on base
* It adds possible mystery for S6
* The dialogue... wasn't exactly long. For such a close pair I'd have expected a bit more but if it had already been said by them...?
* Everyone's life wouldn't just automatically be packed up and ready to go for a year so what is the time line?

Yep, I think there are possible areas to be explored, whether HH/SN are already intending to do this or not is another question! Very Happy
sanasus
sanasus
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-04-13

http://www.twitter.com/sanasus

Back to top Go down

Is there a farewell scene we didn't see? Empty Re: Is there a farewell scene we didn't see?

Post by jro54 Sun May 23, 2010 10:34 am

Has HH/Sn confirmed this? Everyone on twitter seems to think so.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sun May 23, 2010 10:40 am

jro54 wrote:Has HH/Sn confirmed this? Everyone on twitter seems to think so.

No confirmation that I can see.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by boneslover2 Sun May 23, 2010 12:36 pm

I absolutely love this!!! It makes the finale not quite such a disappointment.

I don't know if HH/SN confirmed this, but I'm positive I read something that said they shot some stuff for season 6 with the finale. That has to be it! I'll see if I can find the source of what I'm talking about.

Again, great eyes--you've made my summer better already!!

boneslover2

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sun May 23, 2010 12:41 pm

boneslover2 wrote:I absolutely love this!!! It makes the finale not quite such a disappointment.

I don't know if HH/SN confirmed this, but I'm positive I read something that said they shot some stuff for season 6 with the finale. That has to be it! I'll see if I can find the source of what I'm talking about.

Again, great eyes--you've made my summer better already!!

I love it, too. The finale was a bitter disappointment to me, but now I feel thoroughly reinvested. Of course, we could all be wrong. I tweeted SN to ask. Hart refused to answer saying SN was in charge of spoilers.

By the way, I wasn't the one with sharp eyes. Someone called Anna something saw it first...and then Bones fans all became 'atwitter' finding St. Christopher medals online that looked amazingly like the photo of the airport scene.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by clair82 Sun May 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Just a thought.......there is talk of a significant other being brought in....maybe there is a 'flashback' to Booth saying good-bye to Katherine, telling her that because he is leaving/still in love with Brennan, they can't be together anymore....and that is why is why the SO is temporary....just a flashback....??????

clair82
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 38
Say What You Want : Everybody poops. They even wrote a book about it...
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sun May 23, 2010 2:17 pm

I sent an email to Marisa Roffman on zap 2 it and posted a note on her blog. We'll see if anyone will answer.
She has the ear of HH so maybe she can get this information out of him. I think it would certainly give everyone hope that the finale goodbye was not the only goodbye.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Sun May 23, 2010 2:41 pm

i woke up to all this on twitter this morning... it made my day!

i hope we arent all reading too much into this, but seriously, there had to be a fairwell between them that we didnt see. it doesnt make sence otherwise. well it does, but it doesnt. because like ohers have said, he was already on the army base so no doubt they would have said good bye, and she didnt think Booth would be there at the airport so considering she pretty much wouldnt have gone without his aproval she would have had to of said good bye! i hope we get to see this. all though i cant really see HH having another flash back, that was done to mark the special occasion of the 100th episode so most part of me doesnt think we will see another flash back.... but the rest of me so wishes we do!!!!
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun May 23, 2010 3:02 pm

I really hope the necklace is a St. Christopher medal that he gave her... but my only issue is if they come back with third parties next year (presumably Booth), I don't think he would give her a St. Christopher medal (talk about social contract) and promise that they would come back to each other because what would be the point of it?
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by boneslover2 Sun May 23, 2010 3:12 pm

I hate that potential spoiler, but I've been wondering--It seems that HH and SN have been really down on spoilers. Maybe they're misleading us? Maybe I'm deluding myself?

The thing about the necklace is that there is no way Brennan wears it on her own. Really, she'd only wear it for Booth--thus, there was a goodbye scene. Whether it amounted to anything and whether we'll get all the details is another matter, but Booth gave her that necklace and that gives me hope.

boneslover2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sun May 23, 2010 3:15 pm

jro54 wrote:I really hope the necklace is a St. Christopher medal that he gave her... but my only issue is if they come back with third parties next year (presumably Booth), I don't think he would give her a St. Christopher medal (talk about social contract) and promise that they would come back to each other because what would be the point of it?

Maybe we shouldn't get hung up on the 3rd parties. I've reread the Ausiello article and it sounds like the 3rd parties was his idea and he just inserted it in SN's discussion of possible recurring characters and SN just acceded to it. He doesn't mind getting people riled up, whether it was true or not.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sun May 23, 2010 3:24 pm

I've rewatched this scene 100 times by now. Brennan's whole demeanor in that scene is different than the rest of the episode. It's as if she's settled, content. She's made her decision and Booth knows it. Neither are in any position to renege on their obligations, so they have to part for a year. He only takes her hand because their in public and not used to being demonstrative plus, they know where they stand. They've even exchanged ILYs by "proffering oversolicitious advice" to each other and they're promising to meet in one year. She finishes his sentence on the reunion location because he's told her before -- "I know." But parting is such sweet sorrow. They SO are already a couple in every way.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by boneslover2 Sun May 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Lorna, I love the way you think. I think I'm back on the Bones train! =)

boneslover2

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun May 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Lorna Doone wrote:
jro54 wrote:I really hope the necklace is a St. Christopher medal that he gave her... but my only issue is if they come back with third parties next year (presumably Booth), I don't think he would give her a St. Christopher medal (talk about social contract) and promise that they would come back to each other because what would be the point of it?

Maybe we shouldn't get hung up on the 3rd parties. I've reread the Ausiello article and it sounds like the 3rd parties was his idea and he just inserted it in SN's discussion of possible recurring characters and SN just acceded to it. He doesn't mind getting people riled up, whether it was true or not.

Lorna

Marrissa from Zap 2 said something third parties, but I am a little skeptical of it because did HH/SN tell her or did she just picked up because Ausiello kind of alluded to it with his discussion with SN...because it does seem a little early to be giving out spoilers that are that significant. But I'm not hung about it.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sun May 23, 2010 3:43 pm

boneslover2 wrote:Lorna, I love the way you think. I think I'm back on the Bones train! =)

Me, too. What a relief. bounce

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun May 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Well I don't know for sure yet that he gave her a St.Christopher medal but it only makes sense that they had said their goodbyes prior to the airport, No one expected Booth to show up at the airport and he was already back in the army at that point, which means that he and Brennan had likely already said goodbyes when he left.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by boneslover2 Sun May 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Well, there's no way that Brennan would wear the medal on her own volition. Although Booth, Pops, Parker, or maybe maybe Max could have given it to her, the medal has always been a Booth thing, so in my mind, there's no question that he gave it to her. Also, as part of the healing process following the dismal (IMHO) season finale, I'm going to continue to think Booth gave it to her after a passionate night of sex (well, love-making, but I hate that term). I guess its what will get me through the summer. Smile

boneslover2

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sun May 23, 2010 7:28 pm

Lorna Doone wrote:I've rewatched this scene 100 times by now. Brennan's whole demeanor in that scene is different than the rest of the episode. It's as if she's settled, content. She's made her decision and Booth knows it. Neither are in any position to renege on their obligations, so they have to part for a year. He only takes her hand because their in public and not used to being demonstrative plus, they know where they stand. They've even exchanged ILYs by "proffering oversolicitious advice" to each other and they're promising to meet in one year. She finishes his sentence on the reunion location because he's told her before -- "I know." But parting is such sweet sorrow. They SO are already a couple in every way.

Lorna
I watched the end of the finale a 100 times today as well and i have to agree with you on all accounts. I'm not worrying about season 6 and there being a third party etc. They were far closer in that final scene then what they were the rest of the episode and it doesn't seem right that Bones would let Booth go off to the Army without saying goodbye so something went on before that point (St Christopher medal, meal and a chat, whatever). They promised that they would be at the coffee cart in one year to the day with some serious emotion and neither will go against their promise. I don't think the emotion will be gone despite what they may go through in the following year.

Last edited by future_anthro on Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by spectacularviews Sun May 23, 2010 7:41 pm

I must say I thought this too. I wouldn't be surprised if something's been cut out.

S5 DVD perhaps?

spectacularviews
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun May 23, 2010 9:26 pm

I read about this idea on another forum (was it on fanforum or some LJ site? I don't know anymore, sorry...) and they think that this "previous" farewell was so "hot" that Brennan got pregnant and comes back with a really significant other, though he/she won't be tomporary. Very Happy Well... I don't even know how to comment it. Of all the scenarios THIS one doesn't seemt to be any realistic to me.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun May 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Could maybe someone post that picture?
I'm not all that talented with stuff like that and I would like to see it too

edit:
found it in the Show Discussion thread

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sun May 23, 2010 10:28 pm

mereva wrote:I read about this idea on another forum (was it on fanforum or some LJ site? I don't know anymore, sorry...) and they think that this "previous" farewell was so "hot" that Brennan got pregnant and comes back with a really significant other, though he/she won't be tomporary. Very Happy Well... I don't even know how to comment it. Of all the scenarios THIS one doesn't seemt to be any realistic to me.
In my opinion that would be awesome and it's possible.. but plausible?
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sun May 23, 2010 11:28 pm

mereva wrote:I read about this idea on another forum (was it on fanforum or some LJ site? I don't know anymore, sorry...) and they think that this "previous" farewell was so "hot" that Brennan got pregnant and comes back with a really significant other, though he/she won't be tomporary. Very Happy Well... I don't even know how to comment it. Of all the scenarios THIS one doesn't seemt to be any realistic to me.

I don't think she would become pregnant right away. She just figured out what love is and that she loves Booth. She needs a rest!

I've been wondering if what Marissa Roffman suggested is true: that Hart would put them together sooner, but the network objected. Maybe the medal, the song lyrics, the flashing clock, etc. were meant to signal (obviously only the most rabid fans could see this) that something has indeed happened between B and B. Maybe my hope that they've already made love is A Speculation Too Far, but I do think B and B have at least made some decisions about their coupledom and that makes me face the summer and next season's opening episode in a much more positive way.

And if Hart's managed to do that after how I felt on Thursday, then he's a really clever boy. Laughing

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun May 23, 2010 11:41 pm

I wish there were even more close up pics of it! Sometimes I think it is the medal and then other times it just looks like a different design all together. I'm hesitant now, to even try to read into things because of how the finale turned out. But, if it is the medal, it's obvious booth gave it to her. No way she would just buy one herself.

The S/O thing makes no sense to me. I'm trying not to get hung up on it though, because it is SO early and the haven't even filmed anything yet. Once the sides come out for the S/O then I'll hit the panic button...but until then I'm just gonna live in my happy land of denial.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next