Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Add Diedrich Bader (Hacker) to the cast!

+17
jcn747
DBCrazy
Gea
crzy4bones
mereva
Beliskner
gordongordonfan
DONEWITHIT
Murphs93
MI_Bonesgirl
i_heart_bones
CanadianBones
sera
Meegs82
bones_fanatic19
treble21
bugaboo628
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Add Diedrich Bader (Hacker) to the cast! Empty Add Diedrich Bader (Hacker) to the cast!

Post by bugaboo628 Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:54 am

This is a review of last night's episode. What do you think?

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Add Diedrich Bader (Hacker) to the cast! Empty Re: Add Diedrich Bader (Hacker) to the cast!

Post by treble21 Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:55 am

Whoa what?? I haven't read this article yet, but I say a resounding NO! I like Diedrich Bader in small doses only, and only with Booth. plus they already have a large cast, no more room for anyone else LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Add Diedrich Bader (Hacker) to the cast! Empty Re: Add Diedrich Bader (Hacker) to the cast!

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:22 pm

No thanks, he gets really annoying after one episode, if he was to be there for more than once every 5 or 6 I would be going insane.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Ummm...NO...just...NO!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:03 pm

I think recurring character is enough, as part of the main cast there's not enough for him to do. It's good that Booth have him to report to, but if that's his only role (and we know he won't last as Brennan's love interest) I see no real potential.

I like Hacker. He's smitten with Brennan and he's so happy to just be in her presence. He's not out to upset Booth, he loves Booth. And while Booth is understandably jealous of Hacker's relationship with Brennan, it's good that Booth likes and respects Hacker, even if fans can't. I love the Hacker/Booth dynamic, I think they're awesome together!
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Didn't HH tweet that Diedrich Bader got some tv role so it might make him unavailable?? I could be imagining things too.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:25 pm

No thank-you!!!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:39 am

I hate Hackjob. So let me just give a huge HELL NO.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:19 am

After PitP I liked him! When he's not with Brennan of course. I think he's funny and I'd like to see him pop in and out like Caroline does. Only for professional matters though, no more coffee dates. He's got zero amount of chemistry with Brennan.

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:34 am

I would not mind it at all as long as he on only watches Brennan from far far far away... ironman
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:47 am

I also like Hacker's interactions with Booth, and think he should be there as a recurring for those purposes. He has some funny moments, and some of the humor probably comes off well because he's NOT on all that much.. But long term cast member? Nah!
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:04 am

this actually made me laugh, late April's fools joke??

1st of all this actor is ugly and something went wrong during casting. They would seriously toture me if I have to look at this guy every episode.

2nd adding another character to the cast with an interest in Brennan would just not work.

3rd adding another FBI character to the ''main'' cast would make Bones (as a show) lean more towards the CSI shows where the ''cop'' influance is bigger.
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:37 am

Ummm... what? Well, let me think about it... NO! Evil or Very Mad

late April's fools joke??
Yeah... a bit too late but still FUNNY.firedevil
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:08 am

My opinion of Hacker is he is nothing but a Booth wannabe. He's riding on Booth's coattails and he's jealous of what Booth has. Like in Proof in the Pudding when he was upset because he was too late to be the hero...wanting to date Brennan and even told Booth the other night that Booth's successes have been good for his career.

I think the reason why they didn't cast someone more handsome was so that even though him and Brennan sort of hit it off, it's totally obvious that he really is no competition for Booth....except in the height category.

And is Hacker his boss or his boss's boss?

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gea Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:09 am

gordongordonfan wrote:I also like Hacker's interactions with Booth, and think he should be there as a recurring for those purposes. He has some funny moments, and some of the humor probably comes off well because he's NOT on all that much.. But long term cast member? Nah!

I completely agree with that!! I think that Hacker is good in small doses... if we have it around ALL time... it wouldn't work!
Gea
Gea
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 57
Say What You Want : Well... I'm from Spain so English is not my native language so sorry if I make mistake writing!
And... I REALLY LOVE BONES!!!
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:39 am

IMO if they add any recurring character the the full time cast it should be Caroline. I love her. Very Happy
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:11 pm

I kind of enjoy Hacker as a small recurring character, but I have no desire for him to take over any screen time from any other our regular guys. I like MI_Bonesgirl's idea of having more Caroline though. Smile
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:54 pm

The actress who plays Caroline is also on a Disney show... "Good Luck Charlie"... thought it was interesting cause my daughter was watching it the other day and I was like.. "WAIT... That's Caroline!" LOL

She plays a neighbor on that show, so I'm sure it's not tons of screen time, so I feel safe that her appearing on Bones is safe and secure!
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:41 pm

I agree: Caroline would make a great addition as a regular. However, as mentioned earlier, there wouldn't really be a point for her in EVERY episode. That's what happened with Goodman; they realized he wasn't necessary for each and every ep.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Yeah, I agree... I LOVE LOVE Caroline but I think her recurring is better than a regular... cause it increases the dramatic effect when she shows up on a case. If she was there all the time we may become "desensitized" Wink
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:33 pm

I love Caroline, I think they wouldn't find enough for her as a regular but if we got a few more episodes of her as a recurring character that would be great Very Happy
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Sorry but that forehead, like i just cant get over it!!

And there is something about hacker that just irritates me, i am sorry i just don't like him. I didn't like jared either, and Sully gave me the @#$%! too. (funny how all of Bones boyfriends/love interests/ shade makers annoy me tongue )

But i dont mind him in the show, i mean seriously no potential for anything between him and Bones!!
And that valdorf or how ever you spell it, that was weird, like really weird, the moment i saw that bit i was like tEiTB!!!
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:48 pm

I don't like Hacker - he's irritating. My husband agrees. Laughing
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:23 am

gordongordonfan wrote:The actress who plays Caroline is also on a Disney show... "Good Luck Charlie"... thought it was interesting cause my daughter was watching it the other day and I was like.. "WAIT... That's Caroline!" LOL

She plays a neighbor on that show, so I'm sure it's not tons of screen time, so I feel safe that her appearing on Bones is safe and secure!

Yeah!! I saw thattoo...and she is as cranky and sheis in Bones. I love her! Razz
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:47 pm

As much as i would like to hate Hacker... he's so hilarious! Diedrich Bader does such a great job.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next