Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kathy Reichs about Bones

5 posters

Go down

Kathy Reichs about Bones Empty Kathy Reichs about Bones

Post by mereva Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:04 am

Just read it on LJ, 206_bones. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Due to the fact that that not everyone can read LJ postings, I'll copy the full text here. All the credits go to Christina (writingherhope) from 206_bones.

I wrote this last night right after I got home!!!! Just now getting it posted though!

Let me start off by saying that tonight was amazing!

Okay, I have a twitter account solely because Hart, TJ, Eric, and other Bones people have one and tweet! That being said I don’t get on Twitter that often, however today I’m so glad that I did! I was skimming down through the latest tweets to catch up on the past few days when I saw Kathy Reichs’ latest tweet “In Murfreesboro, TN for talk tonight. Come see me, Tennessee!”!!!!! Okay so in case you’re wondering, that’s a lot damn closer to me than Montreal or North Carolina! So because of my taking to semester off, I’m having to live with my parents (which is cool I love them). I run into the living room, after of course I’ve printed off the information, directions and maps, with a prepared speech!

I ask my mom and dad, “We aren’t busy tonight are we? Good! So daddy if Robert Parker were alive today and you had to chance to meet him, would you?” They immediately ask, “Where’s Kathy Reichs going to be?”

My hands are still behind my back at this point and I say, very excitedly with a huge grin on my face and I’m barely breathing, “Murfreesboro, tonight at 7!” It is 4:30.

So after rushing to get ready and trying our best not to speed down the road to make the long trip to MTSU, we get a little lost on the campus and are fifteen minutes late but we got there!

The lecture was great, she talked about her books, her newest series “Virals”—a young adult series about Tempe’s grand niece Tori Brennan and her friends getting involved in the forensic area. She also of course talked about Bones!!!! Kathy said that for the first episode shooting she had fixed her hair all nice and then showed a picture of Hart’s beloved Jeep that he showed up in, that completely ruined her well groomed hair!

Then she opened up the floor for questions, some were about her and her job and writing and such, but come on you all didn’t click on this to hear about her anthropology stuff, so this guy got up to the microphone and said something along the lines of, “I was a fan of the show, and that’s what got me into the books, so my question is the relationship between Bones and Booth (at this point everyone laughed and clapped!), is that about based on something in your life?”

Kathy said, “From the beginning Hart has had a vision for them.” Not really answering his question, but I supposed getting to the….bones of it! “Bones has been picked up for another season and they are talking about 8 seasons (clapping and yelling!!!!), so Hart’s vision will be seen out, I’m assuming.”

“Will there’ll be wedding bells in the future?”

I’m sure he was talking about Bones and Booth, not the wedding that has been mentioned before…but to this she replied, “Hum…..Watch my episode, ‘The Witch in the Wardrobe’.” And then after he walked away she kinda mumbled humoursly, “Yeah, we’ll be digging those wedding bells up out of the ground somewhere.”

Also someone asked if there was a real life ‘gravedigger’ type of murder that inspired the writers to put that character in the show. To this she spoke of the return of the gravedigger, and the man asking spoke, “But…I thought they had captured the gravedigger.”

Kathy smiled, “They got Gormogon. The gravedigger will be back…or let’s say the plot will be back.”

I hope I did this justice to what she said, if I think of anything else I will comment and/or post a new entry! Hope you enjoy the pics, they aren’t that great but I got there a little late so I didn’t have the greatest seats. Also she even said that she apologized for her pics and slides being so dark, so it wasn't all the lighting in the room, lol.

Pics below!

There are many pics of Kathy Reichs there (nothing really interesting though).

The most significant thing seems to be: Bones has been picked up for another season and they are talking about 8 seasons. So, now they'll have their time to screw up the storylines all they want.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Kathy Reichs about Bones Empty Re: Kathy Reichs about Bones

Post by jjrobinson73 Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:36 am

So we for sure get a season 6 and 7. I think I heard that around the 100th. I know HH said something in an interview on the red carpet about a possible 8 season. I just didn't know if he was speculating or not.

Which is GOOD...if they can keep the whole dayum relationship thing on an even keel. If they keep jacking with the viewers, they are going to lose out on their ratings. Which I hope doesn't happen!!! However, I lean towards trusting KR a whole helluva lot more then HH and Co.

Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:35 am

mereva wrote:The most significant thing seems to be: Bones has been picked up for another season and they are talking about 8 seasons. So, now they'll have their time to screw up the storylines all they want.

LOL! Wonderful ~ perhaps we can get 7 1/2 years of UST! UGH!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:54 am

bugaboo628 wrote:Wonderful ~ perhaps we can get 7 1/2 years of UST! UGH!
That would be wonderful, indeed... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:46 am

mereva wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:Wonderful ~ perhaps we can get 7 1/2 years of UST! UGH!
That would be wonderful, indeed... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

lmao Mereva you always have the best emoticons.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks.

(And if I read another "be positive!" comment, I'll be like this: [Only admins are allowed to see this image])
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi31 Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Hey I can put up with it if you all can just so long as I get my Bones everyweek.

sammi31
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Say What You Want : BONES RULES
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down